Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• Hi, I have a question. I just installed this add-on so I'm not sure how it works.

The price history list shows 7.48 today, however the current price is 14.95. Am I missing something? Is there some 50% off deal I don't know about? Thanks in advance.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,124

bwaomega said:

On another note, there seems to be a lag/glitch when I buy wishlist items from the sales pages. About 10% of my Wishlist items on sale are things I have purchased recently.

The wishlist is stored on the Daz servers, we have no control over the list itself. Remember that you can have purchased items in your wishlist. If you don't want those items there, you need to delete them from the wishlist.

duckdoom5 said:

Hi, I have a question. I just installed this add-on so I'm not sure how it works.

The price history list shows 7.48 today, however the current price is 14.95. Am I missing something? Is there some 50% off deal I don't know about? Thanks in advance.

The price history shows the best price for the day (UTC), not necessarily the current price. If the sale that the item was part of has already ended, then while the best price for today is still 7.48, the product may already be at a higher price.

• 3141592654 said:

On a different note, is it possible to have 'list items I own' work to include vendors (like moyra) who have left the store be included? I would very much like to be able to see what I own by vendors recently or long gone. It would make searching for things so much easier. Thanks.

This never had a response. Was it missed or is the answer that it is not possible?

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

Apparently iOS 15 will allow extensions on the Safari browser. Could the Daz Deal browser now work on iOS? 

3141592654 said:

3141592654 said:

On a different note, is it possible to have 'list items I own' work to include vendors (like moyra) who have left the store be included? I would very much like to be able to see what I own by vendors recently or long gone. It would make searching for things so much easier. Thanks.

This never had a response. Was it missed or is the answer that it is not possible?

The list items I own checkbox cannot include items that are no longer in the store. The product library still has them, though, and we're working on a better categorization system for owned items through the product library—but the fact that the addon is misbehaving for some people, messes with the priorities. So ... we're working on something that might make this possible, but no timeline, and at this point, I'm not even entirely sure how what you ask would work exactly with it.

• daisuki.nekomusume said:

I do have another issue, though... But that may just be me misunderstanding the functionality as well...

In my orders page, I see the "Full Price Value" and "Current Value" on the top right, but not a "Total Spent"?

(Using Firefox on Windows 10)

It seems my question slipped through the cracks...

• NathNath Posts: 2,770

daisuki.nekomusume said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

I do have another issue, though... But that may just be me misunderstanding the functionality as well...

In my orders page, I see the "Full Price Value" and "Current Value" on the top right, but not a "Total Spent"?

Maybe because so many of us are frightened of 'Total Spent'... It's there, but not immediately visible, only if you really want to know.

Check the box on the Daz Deals page and go to your order history. It's at the top on the right, in nice small letters.

0.jpg
    903 x 213 - 41K
    1.jpg
    1254 x 342 - 73K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,878

I had to give up on the Daz Deals addon in Chrome; I'm unwilling to uninstall and reinstall it every time I want open the browser. In Firefox, I often have to refresh the page to get the price history to appear or the checkbox options like only show wishlist to appear. The main store page won't show the new items of that day. The new items flash on then disappear to be replaced by yesterday's items as soon as the addon loads. If I disable the addon, the new items show properly.

barbult said:

I had to give up on the Daz Deals addon in Chrome; I'm unwilling to uninstall and reinstall it every time I want open the browser. In Firefox, I often have to refresh the page to get the price history to appear or the checkbox options like only show wishlist to appear. The main store page won't show the new items of that day. The new items flash on then disappear to be replaced by yesterday's items as soon as the addon loads. If I disable the addon, the new items show properly.

Please disable the "Hide items" feature (or enable all software types under the same setting if you still want to hide individually selected items). This will solve the issue of the disappearing items from the main page.

The daily reinstalls. Yeah, that's a nasty bug that I haven't been able to reproduce at all; it came up for @Overdrawn, but even for him it went away after a while. We have an idea of what might be causing it, and working on lots of rewrites in the background to maybe solve it, but without being able to reproduce it, it still remains a nasty one. :(

daisuki.nekomusume said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

Try disabling and then enabling that feature in the options page. If all else fails, please remove the extension and install it again, and then enable this feature. (It's disabled by default.)

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 637

Ati said:

barbult said:

Please disable the "Hide items" feature (or enable all software types under the same setting if you still want to hide individually selected items). This will solve the issue of the disappearing items from the main page.

The daily reinstalls. Yeah, that's a nasty bug that I haven't been able to reproduce at all; it came up for @Overdrawn, but even for him it went away after a while. We have an idea of what might be causing it, and working on lots of rewrites in the background to maybe solve it, but without being able to reproduce it, it still remains a nasty one. :(

I'm having the issue, too; "only show owned" and the other features not showing in the shop pages. Need to delete and reinstall the add-on, but it stops working again the next time I reaload a page. Firefox 92.0.1 (64 bit) on a Mac Pro with High Sierra. Really hope you'll be able to resolve the bug because I really miss Daz Deals features!

• Is there an option to have Daz Deals NOT track the PC+ prices for me, and NOT to give notices when the PC+ price goes below my notification threshhold?

Since I am not a PC+ member, the PC+ prices are absolutely irrelevent to me.

lukon100 said:

Is there an option to have Daz Deals NOT track the PC+ prices for me, and NOT to give notices when the PC+ price goes below my notification threshhold?

You're seeing the PC+ prices because our records indicate that you are a PC+ member (I haven't checked you specifically, I'm saying this in general). If you are no longer a PC+ member, then you can let our system know this by syncing your wishlist. This either happens automatically if that is enabled and you add something to it; or you can do it manually by clicking the "Sync wishlist" button on the wishlist page.

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792
    edited September 2021

Ati said:

lukon100 said:

Is there an option to have Daz Deals NOT track the PC+ prices for me, and NOT to give notices when the PC+ price goes below my notification threshhold?

You're seeing the PC+ prices because our records indicate that you are a PC+ member (I haven't checked you specifically, I'm saying this in general). If you are no longer a PC+ member, then you can let our system know this by syncing your wishlist. This either happens automatically if that is enabled and you add something to it; or you can do it manually by clicking the "Sync wishlist" button on the wishlist page.

I have re-synched my wishlist several times. I still get PC+ price info.

So I suspect it is an error in Daz's records of me. I used to be a PC+ member years ago. But I think Daz website flags me as a PC+ member by mistake. I think I even contacted customer support last year to get them to fix it. Apparently it is not fixed. Geez. I wish the error was thorough enough to actually grant me PC+ prices at chechout and all.

--------------------------------------

Update:

I looked at my account page for PC+.

For "Expired date:" it shows a blank.

For "Status:" it shows "Canceled"

Could you make Daz Deals read the the "Status:" field instead of the "Expired date:" field?

Post edited by lukon100 on
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

DAZ Deals seems to fail to load when the DAZ site displays an orang banner.

• Nath said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

Maybe because so many of us are frightened of 'Total Spent'... It's there, but not immediately visible, only if you really want to know.

Check the box on the Daz Deals page and go to your order history. It's at the top on the right, in nice small letters.

I have the "Full Price Value" and "Current Value" there, but NOT "Total Spent"... The checkbox is checked and I already removed and reinstalled the plugin...

lukon100 said:

Ati said:

lukon100 said:

I have re-synched my wishlist several times. I still get PC+ price info.

So I suspect it is an error in Daz's records of me. I used to be a PC+ member years ago. But I think Daz website flags me as a PC+ member by mistake. I think I even contacted customer support last year to get them to fix it. Apparently it is not fixed. Geez. I wish the error was thorough enough to actually grant me PC+ prices at chechout and all.

--------------------------------------

Update:

I looked at my account page for PC+.

For "Expired date:" it shows a blank.

For "Status:" it shows "Canceled"

Could you make Daz Deals read the the "Status:" field instead of the "Expired date:" field?

Can you send me your email address either here on the forum in a private message, or as a reply to any of the notification emails? I'll check what's going on.

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

Wonderland said:

Apparently iOS 15 will allow extensions on the Safari browser. Could the Daz Deal browser now work on iOS? 

This is a really good question!

I'd love to hear a positive reply!

• Can you send me your email address either here on the forum in a private message, or as a reply to any of the notification emails? I'll check what's going on.

Ya. I sent it through the Daz message thing.

• daisuki.nekomusumedaisuki.nekomusume Posts: 84
    edited September 2021

daisuki.nekomusume said:

Nath said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

I have the "Full Price Value" and "Current Value" there, but NOT "Total Spent"... The checkbox is checked and I already removed and reinstalled the plugin...

Screenshot (wasn't on my PC when I typed the above reply) showing what I am seeing...

2021-09-26 12_16_11-Daz 3D.png
    1383 x 233 - 20K
    Post edited by daisuki.nekomusume on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Links in this mornings emails didn't work in Gmail.  They normally always do.  The links in Daz's own email worked fine.

Sevrin said:

Links in this mornings emails didn't work in Gmail.  They normally always do.  The links in Daz's own email worked fine.

Indeed. The official affiliate site seems to be acting up. I believe they did this once already in the past, and it got resolved in a day or two.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390
    edited September 2021

Yeah I had to right-click and copy link address then paste and go in a new tab

I have a couple of other emails that I have to do this with. They started acting up a couple of months ago first one then several weeks later the other one and now with the ones from the Daz Deals.

I hope they get straightened out

And the Dreamlight emails have just started doing the same

Post edited by Robert Freise on

Robert Freise said:

Yeah I had to right-click and copy link address then paste and go in a new tab

I have a couple of other emails that I have to do this with. They started acting up a couple of months ago first one then several weeks later the other one and now with the ones from the Daz Deals.

I hope they get straightened out

And the Dreamlight emails have just started doing the same

Yeah, it's Daz's affiliate provider. Anything opening in a new tab/window, immediately gets closed. I hope they fix this soon. 

• It appears the price history is no longer working in the Chrome extension the past few days??  Otherwise, in the week I've had it, this has been a REALLY nice extension....nice job and a lot of work, I'm sure.

kenlblack_ff448f351a said:

It appears the price history is no longer working in the Chrome extension the past few days??  Otherwise, in the week I've had it, this has been a REALLY nice extension....nice job and a lot of work, I'm sure.

I have no issues with the price history or its accuracy in Chrome. What exactly is the problem you are facing with it?

• @Ati - Attached is a screen capture of an example with the Daz-Deals extension turned on in Chrome.  I thought at first it might have been a conflict with the Ublock ad blocker, but I disabled it.

facegen pro screenshot.JPG
    1304 x 840 - 122K

kenlblack_ff448f351a said:

@Ati - Attached is a screen capture of an example with the Daz-Deals extension turned on in Chrome.  I thought at first it might have been a conflict with the Ublock ad blocker, but I disabled it.

I see. Please disable and then reenable the "Price history" option on the addon's option page. If that doesn't solve the issue, please remove and then re-install the addon (making sure the option for price history is enabled). This should make the chart appear.

• @ati - Thanks, that worked.  I had to do the second thing (uninstall) to get it.  For what it's worth, I use the option for "long timeframe," so I'm not sure if that's what "broke" it.  But just an FYI for you.

Thanks very much for the quick reply!  Stay safe and be well.