Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,124

Links in notification emails suddenly not working: this is an adblocker issue. If you experience this issue, then to make the links work again, please pause the adblocker on your email site, or whitelist your email site.

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 293

Hi all,

My Daz Deals extension was working without issues. However, my SSD with my OS died and had to resintall most of my apps in my PC. Now the Daz Deals extension features disappear every time I close my browser forcing me to uninstall/resintall. I've read some people having the same issue so I just wanted to add to the crowd. Though it was working just fine prior the death of my SSD.

I'm on a W10 using Chrome.

Cheers.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

I'm not getting notification emails at all. If there's already a fix for this, please point me to the post. Everything is working fine on Daz, just no notification emails. New computer, but same setup. Latest Chrome browser, Winblows 10. 

Thank you in advance.

John

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Non complaint ,I spent the day listening to the movies "Red and Red 2" ,for the first time actually enjoyed them a lot .They were playing back to back all day long .

TJohn said:

I'm not getting notification emails at all. If there's already a fix for this, please point me to the post. Everything is working fine on Daz, just no notification emails. New computer, but same setup. Latest Chrome browser, Winblows 10. 

Thank you in advance.

John

If your email address comes back as not existing anymore, we stop sending mails to it. If there was an error at your email provider, and it has now been fixed, please send me your email address in a private message, and I'll remove the block.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Ati said:

TJohn said:

Thank you in advance.

John

If your email address comes back as not existing anymore, we stop sending mails to it. If there was an error at your email provider, and it has now been fixed, please send me your email address in a private message, and I'll remove the block.

PM sent. TY 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Ati said:

Links in notification emails suddenly not working: this is an adblocker issue. If you experience this issue, then to make the links work again, please pause the adblocker on your email site, or whitelist your email site.

Thats new.  This also fixed my issue with emailed links from Rendo. 

•  I use Thunderbird, a desktop email, so it's not browser email. I'm not sure how to whitelist anything there. Thanks - I've been wondering about this the last few days.

Ati said:

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

Ati said:

Does that mean that ads in all emails will be enabled? I don't think I want that. Is there a way to enable ads in the DAZ emails but not everythings else? 

edited October 2021

Now here's some interesting DAZ arithmetic:

UBB.jpg
    616 x 383 - 40K
    Post edited by marble on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

marble said:

Now here's some interesting DAZ arithmetic:

laugh   laugh  laugh  laugh  laugh  

Dana

• What's especially funny about that is.... isn't this guy meant to be an organized crime boss or something?  Mafioso type.  They'd know all sorts of things about.... creative monetary actions.  :D

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

What's especially funny about that is.... isn't this guy meant to be an organized crime boss or something?  Mafioso type.  They'd know all sorts of things about.... creative monetary actions.  :D

More along the lines of hired muscle 

• Ati said:

Robert Freise said:

Yeah I had to right-click and copy link address then paste and go in a new tab

I have a couple of other emails that I have to do this with. They started acting up a couple of months ago first one then several weeks later the other one and now with the ones from the Daz Deals.

I hope they get straightened out

And the Dreamlight emails have just started doing the same

Yeah, it's Daz's affiliate provider. Anything opening in a new tab/window, immediately gets closed. I hope they fix this soon. 

Ah, so this is what I have going on in Vivaldi, too. I tried removing ad blockers, whitelisting in Thunderbird and Vivaldi, and nothing is/was working.  So, yeah, I hope they fix this soon! 

• Emails from DreamLight have started doing this also

Tiffanie Gray - IDLM said:

Ati said:

Robert Freise said:

I have a couple of other emails that I have to do this with. They started acting up a couple of months ago first one then several weeks later the other one and now with the ones from the Daz Deals.

Yeah, it's Daz's affiliate provider. Anything opening in a new tab/window, immediately gets closed. I hope they fix this soon. 

Ah, so this is what I have going on in Vivaldi, too. I tried removing ad blockers, whitelisting in Thunderbird and Vivaldi, and nothing is/was working.  So, yeah, I hope they fix this soon! 

Whitelist your email provider (gmail.com, for example), that should solve this instantly. 

• edited October 2021

Ati said:

Ati said:

Robert Freise said:

Whitelist your email provider (gmail.com, for example), that should solve this instantly. 

I can't figure out how to do that.  I have sbcglobal.net...which was bought by Att which combined with Yahoo, which became Currently....And everything is downloaded to Thunderbird (a desktop app), So, I don't know where to whitelist at? Or how? I looked for Thunderbird forums, and no one has any info I could find.

Post edited by Tiffanie Gray - IDLM on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390
    edited October 2021

Ati said:

Ati said:

Robert Freise said:

I tried that and it didn't fix it aand I have the same problem if I use yahoo mail 

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,878

Daz Deals email affiliate links are still not working for me. Is there something I need to do on my end?

barbult said:

Daz Deals email affiliate links are still not working for me. Is there something I need to do on my end?

Whitelisting your email provider in your adblocker should solve this. For example, if you're using gmail, click the adblocker icon on that page (gmail, in this example), and choose "Always" under "Pause on this site."

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,878

Ati said:

barbult said:

Whitelisting your email provider in your adblocker should solve this. For example, if you're using gmail, click the adblocker icon on that page (gmail, in this example), and choose "Always" under "Pause on this site."

I don't open Gmail in the browser to read Gmail messages. I use Outlook to read my Gmail account. I click the link in the message from within Outlook. It brings the browser to the front, but doesn't link to the page in the clicked affiliate link.I don't know what to pause in the Adblock Plus.

• Ati said:

barbult said:

I disabled my adblockers for gmail and I still have the same problem click on the link a tab opens and closes 

Ati said:

barbult said:

Yep - that worked for me. I hope I don't get innundated with lots of emails containing ads now. 

Those who still get a closed tab/window after whitelisting, could you please try something for me? I created a test page here: https://civilizationhunt.com/ds/test.html It has 5 affiliate links, all taking you to the main store page. Could you please try them and see which takes you to the store without issues and which don't? Thank you.

• So, when I click on the link, I only get 

Link 3

Link 4

Link 5

Not link 1 or 2

I sent your paragraph to my email and then clicked on the link from there, and the same page came up with only the 3 links.

All three of the links that showed for me worked to go to the store.

But, I don't think that civilizationhunt is the problem. Because when I click on the "snooze for 2 days and reset" link in the emails, it works just fine. It's only the trackable links with the other domain (http://www.kqzyfj.com) that don't work for me. And that I've tried whilelisting everywhere (In Vivaldi, in AdGuard, and in Thunderbird, as much as I can figure out), but it still does the open/close with the flash of the dead bird image.

So, that is my test for you. Three links, 4, 5, 6 work perfect.

• NathNath Posts: 2,770

For me, 2 and 5 work. Running Ghostery, Privacy Badger and AdBlock in Firefox.

edited October 2021

Thank you.

Could you please try one more thing? In email, this time. I've modified the individual notifications. Could you please set up a one-time notification for any random item, for a price that is higher than the current sale price? You will get the one-time email in a couple of minutes. Does clicking the item in this email work?

Post edited by Ati on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,770

Clicking the item in the mail worked for me (Thunderbird, downloading locally).

• Yay!  I got the "hold on we are taking you there" message. (Thunderbird email to Vivaldi browser) That works fine for me, I can be a little patient to be able to use this marvelous program!

Thank you for your hard work keeping us shopping!

Thank you for the feedback. Can a couple more people give this a try? If it works this way, I'll rewrite all of the notifications to use this method.