Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,103

I am using Opera Version:78.0.4093.184 

But even before the latest update of Opera I have had to uninstall and reinstall the addon every time I close Opera. This has been for months now.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,124

sueya said:

For some reason I have stopped receiving emails from Ati's add on. I checked that they were activated yesterday but I still didn't get any emails today.

Can you send me your email address in private? I'll check what's going on with it. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937

...I've had the same for a while now but just got used to it. I still get the pricing grtids and have all the useful browsing filters

Oh, speaking of filters, is there any way "new" items could be filtered out?  So many sales and coupon events usually exclude new products and the wishlist (which comes real handy compared to slogging through page after page in the store) doesn't indicate which products are "new".   Also would be nice if there was some way to filter out certain classes of products like for example, G8 and 8.1 content (as I don't use them) and the filters Daz supplies [save for by Artist] are pretty weak.  Having to sift through 40 - 50 pages of products one has no interest in really wastes a lot of time.

There used to be a way you could "jump" pages by changing the page number in the command bar but that option is gone is available as page numbers are no longer listed there since the store update. 

kyoto kid said:

...I've had the same for a while now but just got used to it. I still get the pricing grtids and have all the useful browsing filters

Oh, speaking of filters, is there any way "new" items could be filtered out?  So many sales and coupon events usually exclude new products and the wishlist (which comes real handy compared to slogging through page after page in the store) doesn't indicate which products are "new".   Also would be nice if there was some way to filter out certain classes of products like for example, G8 and 8.1 content (as I don't use them) and the filters Daz supplies [save for by Artist] are pretty weak.  Having to sift through 40 - 50 pages of products one has no interest in really wastes a lot of time.

There used to be a way you could "jump" pages by changing the page number in the command bar but that option is gone is available as page numbers are no longer listed there since the store update. 

You can use the "Save6 PA Coupon" filter at the top, which excludes new items. 

• I just had to reinstall everything on my PC after a crash, and for some reason now I'm not getting the Only Show Wishlist option on store pages. Everything was working fine before the crash. Nothing else is wrong, AFAICT. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10 Pro.

butterflyfish said:

I just had to reinstall everything on my PC after a crash, and for some reason now I'm not getting the Only Show Wishlist option on store pages. Everything was working fine before the crash. Nothing else is wrong, AFAICT. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10 Pro.

That's an option you can enable/disable, called "Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter". Do you have that option enabled? If so, please try disabling it, and then enabling it again to see if it makes any difference.

• Ati said:

butterflyfish said:

I just had to reinstall everything on my PC after a crash, and for some reason now I'm not getting the Only Show Wishlist option on store pages. Everything was working fine before the crash. Nothing else is wrong, AFAICT. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10 Pro.

That's an option you can enable/disable, called "Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter". Do you have that option enabled? If so, please try disabling it, and then enabling it again to see if it makes any difference.

Yes it was enabled. I tried disabling and enabling it, but nothing happened here. 

butterflyfish said:

Ati said:

butterflyfish said:

Yes it was enabled. I tried disabling and enabling it, but nothing happened here. 

Does the "% off" sorting option show up?

• Daz Deals stopped working altogether for me a while ago. I really missed it but it's not the only weirdness I have with Chrome, and everytime I thought about posting here I'd picture Ati sitting in a dark room somewhere with sad duck eyes wearily looking at another tech support post, and I'd think better of it.

Today I came back to this thread and a little voice whispered "Chrome is not the only browser." (Yes, this is obviously obvious. I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes.)

So I fired up Brave, installed Daz Deals extension and TA-DA! There it is again in all its glory! FINALLY I can sort my wishlist by % Off again! Joy!

So I just wanted to say thanks again Ati for all your work on this extension, both writing it and supporting it! Can't tell you how glad I am it's there (again) for me!

• Ati said:

butterflyfish said:

Ati said:

butterflyfish said:

No. 

butterflyfish said:

Ati said:

butterflyfish said:

Ati said:

butterflyfish said:

No. 

Okay, it must be this entire option that it doesn't recognize then. If disabling/enabling the option didn't work, please try removing and re-installing the addon. If you have email notifications enabled, then you can keep using the same email address and passcode, no need to register again. 

jim_doria said:

everytime I thought about posting here I'd picture Ati sitting in a dark room somewhere with sad duck eyes wearily looking at another tech support post

:))))))))

This post made my day. :D Thanks. :D

• Ati said:

butterflyfish said:

Ati said:

butterflyfish said:

Ati said:

butterflyfish said:

No. 

Okay, it must be this entire option that it doesn't recognize then. If disabling/enabling the option didn't work, please try removing and re-installing the addon. If you have email notifications enabled, then you can keep using the same email address and passcode, no need to register again. 

That worked. Thank you so much! I  really appreciate the help. 

• daisuki.nekomusumedaisuki.nekomusume Posts: 84
    edited September 2021

I had the same issue as butterflyfish, and removing and reinstalling the plugin did resolve that issue! Great and thanks!

I do have another issue, though... But that may just be me misunderstanding the functionality as well...

In my orders page, I see the "Full Price Value" and "Current Value" on the top right, but not a "Total Spent"?

(Using Firefox on Windows 10)

Post edited by daisuki.nekomusume on
  • Carola O said:

Daz Deals still don't work for me in Chrome, unless I uninstall-reinstall it every time :( (I'm guessing that whatever causing that hasn't been found, but I still hope it will happen soon :) )

I unfortunately have the exact same experience. This add-on was magnificent for so long, but recently (this year) it only works if i uninstall it and reinstall it (on Chrome). After a re-install it works perfectly until I close the browser . . . but then next time I open Chrome it does not work again (but it still shows as installed and enabled in my extentions list). I would love to see it work again without reinstalling each time. 

• On a different note, is it possible to have 'list items I own' work to include vendors (like moyra) who have left the store be included? I would very much like to be able to see what I own by vendors recently or long gone. It would make searching for things so much easier. Thanks.

• ImagineThatCGI said:

Carola O said:

Daz Deals still don't work for me in Chrome, unless I uninstall-reinstall it every time :( (I'm guessing that whatever causing that hasn't been found, but I still hope it will happen soon :) )

I unfortunately have the exact same experience. This add-on was magnificent for so long, but recently (this year) it only works if i uninstall it and reinstall it (on Chrome). After a re-install it works perfectly until I close the browser . . . but then next time I open Chrome it does not work again (but it still shows as installed and enabled in my extentions list). I would love to see it work again without reinstalling each time. 

Well dang. Now I have this problem. sad 

• paolo_35229750paolo_35229750 Posts: 82
    edited September 2021

My bank manager hates this add-on, installed it yesterday and have already blown this month's budget ... laughwink

An idea: would it be possible to mark items in listings which have "required" products that you don't already own?

Post edited by paolo_35229750 on

paolo_35229750 said:

An idea: would it be possible to mark items in listings which have "required" products that you don't already own?

The "Required items" and "Addons" checkboxes do this. (You need to sign up for notifications for this to work because this list is generated on our side.) "Required items" shows items that you have addons for, but not the base item; "Addons" shows items that you have the base item for.

• Ati said:

paolo_35229750 said:

The "Required items" and "Addons" checkboxes do this. (You need to sign up for notifications for this to work because this list is generated on our side.) "Required items" shows items that you have addons for, but not the base item; "Addons" shows items that you have the base item for.

Thank you for the reply, today I understood and used those features, and they have revealed my bad buying practice, I had too many addons without the appropriate base item.

What I meant was when looking and buying from the sales listing it is not always immediately apparent that the item is an addon and that I do not have the  base item ... and I am not always diligent enough to go into the product page to check. the biggest trap are the freebies ...

you put the free roses into your basket only to find it needs the pot which needs the gazeebo which needs the mansion which needs the town ... and so on until you have a whole planet ... and all I wanted was the rose to put between the teeth of a Tango Dancer

or a real example:

"A Refined Evening Poses" from the listings pages it is not obious that the "required" product is "Gentlemen's Game Room"

• Something like this - add a flag or icon in the slab-specs.

Example.png
    418 x 760 - 159K
  • The vast majority of my addons for which I do not own the base product stem from DAZ putting texture sets for clothing  into the weekly freebies, without the clothing items. I grab the free textures, and sometimes wishlist the clothing to grab when it goes on sale. So while I have a number of orphan addsons, the amount I have spent on them is $0.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

bwaomega said:

The vast majority of my addons for which I do not own the base product stem from DAZ putting texture sets for clothing  into the weekly freebies, without the clothing items. I grab the free textures, and sometimes wishlist the clothing to grab when it goes on sale. So while I have a number of orphan addsons, the amount I have spent on them is $0.

I do similar.  Sometimes I never do get the item the texture or addon is for, though. 

Dana

• Omniflux said:

Something like this - add a flag or icon in the slab-specs.

Yes, that is the type of thing I meant

• DanaTA said:

bwaomega said:

The vast majority of my addons for which I do not own the base product stem from DAZ putting texture sets for clothing  into the weekly freebies, without the clothing items. I grab the free textures, and sometimes wishlist the clothing to grab when it goes on sale. So while I have a number of orphan addsons, the amount I have spent on them is $0.

I do similar.  Sometimes I never do get the item the texture or addon is for, though. 

Dana

Similar(ish) it is an easy decision to make when the product description clearly indicates that it is an addon; newer product names are getting better, but without an indication in the name you may be thinking that you are acquiring a stand-alone product. Unless you only ever add to basket from the product's page which slows the buying process down.

Caveat Emptor! I guess applies; still,, a little help would be handy

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    edited September 2021

I bought some $1.99 texture packs today, relying on the Daz-Deals add-on to remind me to buy the base item later. However, it doesn't look like any of them are showing up when I tick "Required Items".

https://www.daz3d.com/eternal-outfit-textures

https://www.daz3d.com/relentless-mercenary-outfit-textures

https://www.daz3d.com/huntsman-outfit-textures

https://www.daz3d.com/jungle-goddess-outfit-textures

The reason I bought them today was because the base outfits are all part of G3 starter bundles, and lately Daz has been discounting these $90.00 bundles to $1.99, but unfortunately not at the same time as the texture packs. crying

EDIT:

I also have to uninstall and reinstall Daz-Deals every time I shut Chrome down. Could that have something to do with it?

Post edited by margrave on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,118

@Ati - what sort of trouble will I create if I start hiding a very large number of products from my listings?

namffuak said:

@Ati - what sort of trouble will I create if I start hiding a very large number of products from my listings?

Theoretically none. The only issue I can think of that you may run into is that hidden items are not synced between browsers. So if you hide something in one browser, it will still show up in another. 

• I've been doing that to pretty much all of the Starter Bundles as they show up on sale. I really wish DAZ had fixed the issue where buying the Pro Bundle does not give you ownership of the Starter Bundle, even though it is entirely a subset of the Pro Bundle.

On another note, there seems to be a lag/glitch when I buy wishlist items from the sales pages. About 10% of my Wishlist items on sale are things I have purchased recently.

• Hi, I have a question. I just installed this add-on so I'm not sure how it works.

The price history list shows 7.48 today, however the current price is 14.95. Am I missing something? Is there some 50% off deal I don't know about? Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2021-09-21 124247.png
    2485 x 732 - 857K