Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

OMG!!! Daz deals is working today (in Chrome) without having to reinstall it!! laugh

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Not for me it's not. Still stops working after I close Chrome. 

I don't particularly like Firefox but I'm using it to browse the store cos the add on does work in it.  

certaintree38 said:

OMG!!! Daz deals is working today (in Chrome) without having to reinstall it!! laugh

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,878

jakiblue said:

Not for me it's not. Still stops working after I close Chrome. 

I don't particularly like Firefox but I'm using it to browse the store cos the add on does work in it.  

certaintree38 said:

Not working in Chrome for me either. 

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

barbult said:

Ati said:

barbult said:

The plugin has been completely broken in Chrome for weeks for me. It acts like it isn't even installed.

Does the uninstall/reinstall workaround still work for you? 

Only until I close Chrome and reopen it. Then it doesn't work again. Uninstall/reinstall is not a viable solution. It is too much trouble to reenter all the settings every time it has to be reinstalled.

You don't need to reinstall everything.  Only re-enter the email address and passcode. All the other items are retained.

I have a routine each time I start work: 

(1) Go to Daz Deals page on Chrome webstore (saved icon in menubar)

(2) "Remove from Chrome" Daz Deals. Then immediately "Add to Chrome" Daz Deals.

(3) Open Daz Store. Go to my Wishlist first. Then go to Daz Deals page via Bottom menu item in the same menu bar. Enter Email address and passcode (both drop-down entries because my PC remembers them) and press SAVE.

(4) Start shopping again. All done in 30 seconds or less - so no big deal once it's a familiar route.

• CauriBCauriB Posts: 101

I am at a different computer now, using latest Chrome browser and the plugin works flawlessly, I suspect, that it has something to do with the fact, that there are multiple accounts on this browser and the plugin gets uninstalled and reinstalled by default, maybe that is why it works for some people and people with a single account on their browser have to do the install and reinstall trick.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

Is there a reason I have started getting multiple copies of the same promo email? The one today about this NFT nonsense arrived four times in my inbox and I couldn't see a difference in the four at a glance. I didn't look too carefully because I'm not interested in the promo.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    I just looked and I got four copies of the latest promo email as well.
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,124
    edited May 2021

They are all different. Daz kept making slight changes, replacing the banners every time. There were four new banners up for that sale yesterday.

Post edited by Ati on
  • JuNeJuNe Posts: 87

The emails still work well for me, but I use Opera and the filters for WL/addons/required etc, the pricing history and the grey-out for bundles don't work for a few weeks now.

JuNe said:

The emails still work well for me, but I use Opera and the filters for WL/addons/required etc, the pricing history and the grey-out for bundles don't work for a few weeks now.

Are any of the addon features (the ones you see on the web when browsing the store) working? It sounds like the addon is not enabled at all. Check to make sure it is. If it seems to be enabled, then disable and the re-enable it.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 619

If this has something to do with changes Google has made to Chrome, I sure hope they get Chrome fixed soon. It's getting tedious having to remove and install DDBA over and over again. It's a great extension though so consider me a glutton for punishment since I NEED it.laugh

edited June 2021

Ati said:

JuNe said:

Are any of the addon features (the ones you see on the web when browsing the store) working? It sounds like the addon is not enabled at all. Check to make sure it is. If it seems to be enabled, then disable and the re-enable it.

Thanks for your fast reply!

I did, and I disabled it, cleared the Browser cache etc., restarted my computer, and enabled it again, and it doesn't work.

Post edited by JuNe on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

JuNe said:

I did, and I disabled it, cleared the Browser cache etc., restarted my computer, and enabled it again, and it doesn't work.

What's your Windows build? The only difference between my two machines (outside of hardware) is the OS, and DAZ-Deals works perfectly on CoreSingleLanguage 1909 (18363.1379) but only partially on Home 2009 19042.985.

edited June 2021

I've got a Win10 Professional 19042.985, all updated.

Post edited by JuNe on
  • kervalakervala Posts: 184

I was using DAZ Deals for several months and some days ago, it didn't work anymore :( I had to uninstall and reinstall it, and every day I have the same issue :( Please do you have an idea why it could happen ? I could check the console to see if there are JS issues or other.

I don't think it's related to my browser (Vivaldi) because it wasn't update for weeks.

JuNe said:

I've got a Win10 Professional 19042.985, all updated.

So maybe that's the reason. If you happen to have a machine with an older build around, you could try and see if DAZ-Deals would work on that.
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

So now that store search is different, you can no longer search by % off, hide PC items and view what you already own. They basically disabled everything when you are searching for a specific thing. Any chance those features can be brought back? 

Unfortunately, all machines in our home are up to date.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 779

Wonderland said:

So now that store search is different, you can no longer search by % off, hide PC items and view what you already own. They basically disabled everything when you are searching for a specific thing. Any chance those features can be brought back? 

Those are all provided by the DAZ Deals extension and the extension is broken, non-functional, on your machine.  For most people removing the extension (extensions, click on the water drips to the right of the DAZ Deals extension entry and select remove) then re-installing it from the Chrome web store (bookmark the page - you will need it again) fixes the problem, for a while.  I think for a small number of people that doesn't work (I believe one or two people reported this earlier), for somewhat more people if you shut down chome and restart it the extension will be broken, for even more people a machine reboot will break it and for a diminishing number of people it keeps working longer.  I used to be in the latter group, now every time I reboot I have to re-install the extension as well as, possibly, every time Chrome updates itself.

Completely uninstalling and re-installing from Opera store did the trick for me now :)

More statistics: finally had the necessary sleepless night to update this machine to 20H2 (19042.985, again, it's not the latest build), and DAZ-Deals still works. 

Just so you're aware, in the background we're discussing the possible solutions/workarounds.

• DP WESDP WES Posts: 37

I to have found it not working for a while, but found it mostly working again. Quick re-install of the plugin resolved it for me on brave.

For the things I used it for, the price charts are back, very useful. I've found the sorting by % has a problem appearing with the new UI, so this is mostly with searches. Everywhere else it's fine, so my 800+ wishlist it works fine.

Good for now, thank you.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 737
    edited June 2021

Do you know if we will be getting a vendor follow option? I know we can simply filter by vendor, but it would be great to have a favorites list.

Post edited by Tugpsx on

Tugpsx said:

Do you know if we will be getting a vendor follow option? I know we can simply filter by vendor, but it would be great to have a favorites list.

We had that as an experimental feature, but it never got into the public build because at this point I don't know of any reliable way for getting the complete list of the daily new items.

How about just the simple "Follow" or add vendor to Favorite

Tugpsx said:

How about just the simple "Follow" or add vendor to Favorite

What would you like that to do? The original idea was to be notified as soon as they release a new product, but at this time, such info is not available reliably as far as I'm aware. 

Correct, but say im browsing the store and i come accross asset from Dreamlight, kara-pitat and acharyapolina it would be good to tag the vendors. i know i could simply add the asset to my wishlist and your plugin will notify me when it goes on sale. Also yes while in the wishlist there is an option to filter artist but not one to sort by artist. Even an alpha sort will be better than nothing. 

• dennis.d.t@outlook.com[email protected] Posts: 81
    edited June 2021

Price history not working in Chrome as of this morning. Same issue in Edge. Tried re-installing the plugin to no avail.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580
    dtinc88 said:

Price history not working as of this morning. Tried re-installing the plugin to no avail.

It's showing up fine here--Kiwi Browser on Android--maybe try toggling that option off and back on as well as checking your ad block tools to make sure that iframe isn't being blocked.