Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• In Vivaldi the Uninstall/Reinstall worked great. (yes, I lost hidden items, but I'm working on restoring those.)

When searching the "hide owned" is checked by default (as it should be), but unchecking it, doesn't change anything. But, when going to a "specialty" page, unchecking it works. So, must be something in the search engine causing issues.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,124

tiffanie_gray_aceaa3bc71 said:

In Vivaldi the Uninstall/Reinstall worked great. (yes, I lost hidden items, but I'm working on restoring those.)

When searching the "hide owned" is checked by default (as it should be), but unchecking it, doesn't change anything. But, when going to a "specialty" page, unchecking it works. So, must be something in the search engine causing issues.

The search results page is a different story, yes. We're still waiting it out a bit before touching it after the store engine change.

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 882

Ati said:

BlueFingers said:

BlueFingers said:

I am having some issues with the add-on the last few days in Brave. It didn't work so I re-installed it again, then it still didn't work, twenty minutes later it did work without me doing anything, next day it again didn't, then did the reinstall process over again and updated Brave, then it did work, and then a today it doesn't, re-installed again and it still doesn't work. Does anyone have suggestions how to fix this?

I did not realize how much I depend on this add-on.

Is there a browser you guys can recommend that currently does work with the add-on? Trying to shop at Daz without the plug-in is quite a chore. I have the idea the it was a Windows update that broke the add-on for me, I can't think of any other explanation.

Anything not Chromium-based (that is Chrome, Edge, Brave, ...) works as far as I'm aware. That includes Firefox, and all its alternatives (Waterfox, ...), Opera, etc.

(And Chrome works for a lot of people, too, which is our currently biggest problem, since we can't isolate anything specific that causes it to not work for others.)

Thanks! I will install a mozilla based browser, if there is anything I can do to help let me know. I felt seriously handicaped without the add-on, so thanks for making and maintaining it.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

From today's Best Prices email.  The price is correct, so no real problem, but still weird.

Sevrin said:

From today's Best Prices email.  The price is correct, so no real problem, but still weird.

Fixed, thank you. 

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 779

It's just happened to me again on my main machine (this one).  One thing I find curious is the second DAZDeals report in the set I see in the console:

[Intervention] Slow network is detected. See  for more details. Fallback font will be used while loading:
    price-history.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: storage_callbacks is not defined
        at price-history.js:1
    (anonymous) @ price-history.js:1
    wishlistify.js:408 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
        at wishlistify.js:408
    (anonymous) @ wishlistify.js:408

The line in question is:

if ($('.catalog-product-view').length === 0) {
      storage_callbacks.push(wishlistifier);
    }

If I try the $ function call in the Console I get this:

> $('.catalog-product-view')
    jQuery.fn.init [prevObject: jQuery.fn.init(1)]
    length: 0
    prevObject: jQuery.fn.init [document]
    __proto__: Object(0)

So it does seem to be defined globally (as jQuery) which makes the wishlistify.js error seem really weird to me.

Anyway, I added a breakpoint to globals.js and, yep, it is being run after all the errors.  It's called (loaded) from "anonymous" (i.e. there is nothing else on the call stack).  If I put a breakpoint on the first line of price-history.js then I can see that it is definately called first, from "anonymous".  The "Manifest.json" is correct, however by setting breakpoints on every DAZDeals file I can see that the problem really is that the line which does the "exclude-matches" extras on the match of "matches": [ "*://*.daz3d.com/*" ] really is the first one loaded; before access-storage.js.  access-storage.js is loaded immedately after the .js files in the previous entry (this is a product page).  Then, and only then, is the first entry run, loading jQuery, selector-observer, globals.js.

This is the way it was before, the first time I encountered the problem, and it still looks like corruption of some cache of Manifest.json inside Chrome; somehow swapping the first entry in the content_scripts array to the end of the array.

I'll try editting the Manifest.json file in the hope that it might get reloaded (I can't do that and preserve this message...)

The internal manifest is fine, at least according to chrome.runtime.getManifest():

However entry 0 has not been executed at this point; I got that from a breakpoint at the start of mustache.js

DAZDeals Manifest.PNG
    1216 x 867 - 129K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Whenever I get an email notification of "Wishlist Items on Sale", there always seems to be items in there that I have already purchased. They used to be on my wishlist, yes, but now they are purchased and no longer there. Why does this happen?

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 882
    edited May 2021

jakiblue said:

Whenever I get an email notification of "Wishlist Items on Sale", there always seems to be items in there that I have already purchased. They used to be on my wishlist, yes, but now they are purchased and no longer there. Why does this happen?

I don't know but I had a similar issue, turned out the items were no longer in my Product Library. Better check and if they are still there, you'll have to open a ticket if that is not the case. I am working with CS on this issue at the moment.

Not sure if my issue is tthe same as yours, but it doesn't hurt to check, and losing items from your product library would be no fun at all. 

Post edited by BlueFingers on

I just checked - the one that came through today (from the current flash sale) is definitely still in my product library, thankfully.  

BlueFingers said:

jakiblue said:

I don't know but I had a similar issue, turned out the items were no longer in my Product Library. Better check and if they are still there, you'll have to open a ticket if that is not the case. I am working with CS on this issue at the moment.

Not sure if my issue is tthe same as yours, but it doesn't hurt to check, and losing items from your product library would be no fun at all. 

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    jakiblue said:

Since it broke, the wishlist list has to be synced, after reinstalling and redoing your email settings, or recent changes won't reflect. Is a bit of a pain, so I only sync mine once in a while.

certaintree38 said:

jakiblue said:

Since it broke, the wishlist list has to be synced, after reinstalling and redoing your email settings, or recent changes won't reflect. Is a bit of a pain, so I only sync mine once in a while.

There's a setting in the DAZDeals extension options under "Email Notifications" called "Allow automatic update".  When I re-installed the extension a couple of hours ago it was off (but I had deleted everything in my Chrome cache apart from 'site settings' to try to get the extension working).  I have it set on and I think that means I don't need to do manual syncs, although I did after the re-install.

jbowler said:

certaintree38 said:

jakiblue said:

There's a setting in the DAZDeals extension options under "Email Notifications" called "Allow automatic update".  When I re-installed the extension a couple of hours ago it was off (but I had deleted everything in my Chrome cache apart from 'site settings' to try to get the extension working).  I have it set on and I think that means I don't need to do manual syncs, although I did after the re-install.

I have that checked recently as well, but haven't purchased enough to notice if that helps. I'll keep an eye out! 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,878

Ati said:

barbult said:

The plugin has been completely broken in Chrome for weeks for me. It acts like it isn't even installed.

Does the uninstall/reinstall workaround still work for you? 

Only until I close Chrome and reopen it. Then it doesn't work again. Uninstall/reinstall is not a viable solution. It is too much trouble to reenter all the settings every time it has to be reinstalled.

barbult said:

Ati said:

barbult said:

The plugin has been completely broken in Chrome for weeks for me. It acts like it isn't even installed.

Only until I close Chrome and reopen it. Then it doesn't work again. Uninstall/reinstall is not a viable solution. It is too much trouble to reenter all the settings every time it has to be reinstalled.

That just happened to me too (first time; on the previous occasions I haven't had problems across reboots).  I did do a lot of tuning of the options when I re-installed it earlier today; I'm going to try without changing those options just to see if it is more robust.  Maybe one of those options manages to mess up the JavaScript loading somehow (clutching for straws now...)

jbowler said:

barbult said:

Ati said:

barbult said:

That just happened to me too (first time; on the previous occasions I haven't had problems across reboots).  I did do a lot of tuning of the options when I re-installed it earlier today; I'm going to try without changing those options just to see if it is more robust.  Maybe one of those options manages to mess up the JavaScript loading somehow (clutching for straws now...)

Yep.  I'm doomed too.  A simple close of Chrome and re-open results in the load-order problem and DAZDeals does not work until I remove/install it on the running Chrome.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

The plugin hasn't worked for two months now.  I have to uninstall and install it each time I open Chrome and go to the store.

ah ok. I can't synch the wishlist tho, as I'm on Chrome and the add on stops working as soon as I close my browser. I havce to uninstall and reinstall to get it going again, and it looses that identification code each time.  

certaintree38 said:

jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

ah ok. I can't synch the wishlist tho, as I'm on Chrome and the add on stops working as soon as I close my browser. I havce to uninstall and reinstall to get it going again, and it looses that identification code each time.  

certaintree38 said:

jakiblue said:

FWIW, I have autofill enabled, and use the same code every time. I just click on the box, and the code pops up as an option. Not sure if that helps any.

I can't find any documentation about the order in which the members of the content_scripts array are run but it seems from the the limited and not-very-good Chrome documentation that the order is arbitrary unless "run_at" is included in the specific content script array element:

https://developer.chrome.com/docs/extensions/mv3/content_scripts/https://developer.chrome.com/docs/extensions/mv3/content_scripts/#run_time

So I would suggest to @Ati putting "run_at": "document_start" on the first element in the content_scripts array, the one that injects jQuery and globals.  Possibly it might guarantee an order on everything if you do that to all of them and also improve behavior because I have noticed the DAZDeals stuff appearing 'late' on complex pages where the image download takes a while (so the document isn't idle for a while.)

jakiblue said:

This can be for one of two reasons:

1, you haven't synced your wishlist to our servers recently. To do so, either check the automatic sync in the options page, or manually sync your wishlist to us from the wishlist page. 

2, even though you have the item, it's still in your wishlist. Sometimes bought items are not automatically removed from the wishlist. Solution: Remove it. :)

jbowler said:

I can't find any documentation about the order in which the members of the content_scripts array are run but it seems from the the limited and not-very-good Chrome documentation that the order is arbitrary unless "run_at" is included in the specific content script array element:

https://developer.chrome.com/docs/extensions/mv3/content_scripts/https://developer.chrome.com/docs/extensions/mv3/content_scripts/#run_time

So I would suggest to @Ati putting "run_at": "document_start" on the first element in the content_scripts array, the one that injects jQuery and globals.  Possibly it might guarantee an order on everything if you do that to all of them and also improve behavior because I have noticed the DAZDeals stuff appearing 'late' on complex pages where the image download takes a while (so the document isn't idle for a while.)

We'll have to ping @Overdrawn on this. 

@Ati awesome.

I installed firefox tonight to see if the add on worked with that. But the same thing is happening with it as it happens with Chrome - uninstalling and then reinstalling the add on has it working, but as soon as I close the browser, and then come back, it stops working.

jakiblue said:

I installed firefox tonight to see if the add on worked with that. But the same thing is happening with it as it happens with Chrome - uninstalling and then reinstalling the add on has it working, but as soon as I close the browser, and then come back, it stops working.

That's new. We've never had this issue with Firefox before. :-/ 

HOLD THEM THAR' HORSES!

I was wrong.

LOL. My mistake. In firefox it works perfectly fine. Heh. Sorry.

Ati said:

jakiblue said:

That's new. We've never had this issue with Firefox before. :-/ 

jakiblue said:

HOLD THEM THAR' HORSES!

I was wrong.

Phew. That's a lot better to hear. :D 

Yeah, twas an IBK error.

Idiot Behind Keyboard

Ati said:

jakiblue said:

HOLD THEM THAR' HORSES!

I was wrong.

Phew. That's a lot better to hear. :D