Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,124

tiffanie_gray_aceaa3bc71 said:

Do I remove it? Or just disable/enable?

Before you do, there is one thing you will lose: the list of your hidden items, if you have any. And you will have to enter your email address and your passcode again. (No need to sign up again, just use what you're using already.)

With that said, I believe people had success after removing and reinstalling, rather than just disabling and enabling it.

Unfortunately, both @Overdrawn and I are still waiting for our copies to break. :-/ 

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    With Opera, I simply disabled and re-enabled, no removing, and I didn't even have to re-enter my email etc.
  • With Vivaldi, that didn't work. So, I'm going to have to try the Uninstall/reinstall - which I hate, as I'll lose all the hidden things...

Question? If I still have all the hidden things on my Waterfox browser (it's still working fine). And then when I reinstall I tell it that it's not the main browser, so to sync it, will it pull in the other (hidden) files? Then I can set it to main browser again? Would that work?

With Vivaldi, that didn't work. So, I'm going to have to try the Uninstall/reinstall - which I hate, as I'll lose all the hidden things...

Question? If I still have all the hidden things on my Waterfox browser (it's still working fine). And then when I reinstall I tell it that it's not the main browser, so to sync it, will it pull in the other (hidden) files? Then I can set it to main browser again? Would that work?

That option (when set to not main browser) only means it won't send your list of hidden items to our server for exclusion. For security reasons, it doesn't sync the list back to your browser.

• Okay, thank you. So, I uninstalled it. But when I went to Chrome store, there as no possibility to re-install it. So, I searched that down and found that if you have "Web Store" unchecked for Google that you can't see the install button. So, I fixed that in Privacy, was able to find DazDeals AND re-install (button was now there in the store), and it's back to working. So, now to re-hide a couple of hundred items.....

Thanks for all the help though! and now you might have the option of having folks check the web-store thingy inVivaldi first, as I don't know if checking that might have fixed my Daz Deals first without uninstall...

Okay, thank you. So, I uninstalled it. But when I went to Chrome store, there as no possibility to re-install it. So, I searched that down and found that if you have "Web Store" unchecked for Google that you can't see the install button. So, I fixed that in Privacy, was able to find DazDeals AND re-install (button was now there in the store), and it's back to working. So, now to re-hide a couple of hundred items.....

Thanks for all the help though! and now you might have the option of having folks check the web-store thingy inVivaldi first, as I don't know if checking that might have fixed my Daz Deals first without uninstall...

Before you hide a couple hundred items, wait and see if it still works tomorrow. People who report the addon not working, say it stops working as soon as they close the browser, and have to repeat this uninstall/reinstall process whenever they re-open the browser. :-/

• ohhh! Thanks for the warning!

Hehe, today Opera updated again, and now half the extension functions work and half have disappeared. But this update has been quite weird actually, it's made things slower than usual. We'll see what the next one will do :)

• So slow, that it made you post three times.  Ouch.  0O

Well, in Opera it seems to be working fine for me.  Knock wood.  o0

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 882
    edited May 2021

I am having some issues with the add-on the last few days in Brave. It didn't work so I re-installed it again, then it still didn't work, twenty minutes later it did work without me doing anything, next day it again didn't, then did the reinstall process over again and updated Brave, then it did work, and then a today it doesn't, re-installed again and it still doesn't work. Does anyone have suggestions how to fix this?

I did not realize how much I depend on this add-on.

Post edited by BlueFingers on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Ati said:

LosingSignal said:

lou_harper said:

Ati said:

lou_harper said:

In addition the "show only owned" option is completely broken. It show owned and not owned.

As Richard said, this is the only feature that is part of the addon. For this to work, please make sure you are logged in. The list of owned products is only loaded in your browser when you are logged in.

Of course I'm logged in. I'm always logged in. And I have this problem consistently.

I never know if I'm going to be logged in or not, but that's been an ongoing thing forever.  That said, I'm using the Chrome version of the add-on and also see that the "Only show WishList" and "Only show owned" check boxs do not seem to work when looking at search results.  So, if I use the search bar to look up "ZWorld", for example, I get 17 items.  Turn off "Hide Items I Own" and it shows 18 items, adding in the one I own.  But if I turn on "Only show owned" or "Only show WishList", nothing changes.  17 items, same as if the "Hide" checkbox is turned on.  The check boxes do, though, appear to work as normal when looking at other item lists, like the big master one off of the Shop button or the View All Items buttons off of the sale pages.

The search results page is not fully fixed in the new store—we need to wait for it to take its final shape before we can attempt to see what (if anything, after the fix) needs to be done there.

This is still broken. Has the Daz store still not been fully indexed? This is probably one of the things about Daz Deals I used the most, and I miss having the ability to acces only the items I own when looking for something in particular.

It's interesting that the same Opera version seems to handle the addon differently on different Windows builds. The one on 1909 version, build 18363.1379 works perfectly after updates without re-enabling even.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787

I can't even get the filters to work. It won't show me items I own, it won't list things in any other order (like low to high) than the default order. I've tried turning it off. I've tried re-installing it. I've tried updating it.

WillowRaven said:

I can't even get the filters to work. It won't show me items I own, it won't list things in any other order (like low to high) than the default order. I've tried turning it off. I've tried re-installing it. I've tried updating it.

Those sort orders (low to high, for example) are default store features, those are not something we add. So if even those don't work, then I suspect there is a different issue in your browser.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 779

"Only show owned" seems to be working correctly for me; I just scanned the first page of the store but all the products listed had the "download" icon.  I also turned on "hide items I own" at the same time and, indeed, the store only showed the gift card and platinum annual membership products.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,937
    edited May 2021

hmmmm....  Only Show Owned on a general store search is still borked for me... as before, it tosses in a buncha stuff I know I don't own.  Does this mean there's a new version of the pluggin coming that hasn't arrived on my browser yet?  (I'm on Opera, with the pluggin showing as version 2.5.1.)

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

hmmmm....  Only Show Owned on a general store search is still borked for me... as before, it tosses in a buncha stuff I know I don't own.  Does this mean there's a new version of the pluggin coming that hasn't arrived on my browser yet?  (I'm on Opera, with the pluggin showing as version 2.5.1.)

If it works (ie: the checkbox appears, and checking it changes the selection of items) then I'm not aware of any issues with that function. Please check to make sure you really don't own those items you. Click on them, and see if they show up as purchased. (Or on the main page itself, see if they show the download icon instead of the cart icon—this is harder to spot.)

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

jbowler said:

"Only show owned" seems to be working correctly for me; I just scanned the first page of the store but all the products listed had the "download" icon.  I also turned on "hide items I own" at the same time and, indeed, the store only showed the gift card and platinum annual membership products.

The function seems to work fine on the main pages, but if you do a search for a particular item and then try to use the "Only show owned", it doesn't work properly with the search function.  It used to work with a search before the store upgrade.

Knittingmommy said:

jbowler said:

The function seems to work fine on the main pages, but if you do a search for a particular item and then try to use the "Only show owned", it doesn't work properly with the search function.  It used to work with a search before the store upgrade.

The search is a different story. The results there are still a bit unpredictable in my experience, so while it is still taking shape, we haven't fitted that part to the new store engine.

Knittingmommy said:

jbowler said:

That never worked for me; the "search" list always comes up with "Hide items I own" checked and unchecking it doesn't help (regardless of "Only show owned").  Behavior does seem to have changed; I think clicking the pretty much useless check boxes used to cause a refresh of the search result, now it doesn't and neither do the drop down filters.  I suspect that problem is on the DAZ Productions side.

I always had to combine a search on my "Product Library" page to find matching things I own with a search in the store "Search" box for un-owned things.  Even that doesn't seem to work as I would expect because the search matching in the product library seems to behave differently.  E.g. a store search for "victoria dress" gets me the RY Martha Character and Hair Bundle, which doesn't seem to have either "victoria" or "dress" in it; it looks like the store search uses product filter keys as well as the product names whereas the product library search (which gets me no matches) seems to require an identical string match on the.  "mid victorian outfit" gets me matchs in my product library and the store, "outfit victorian mid" gets nothing in my library but returns the identical matches from the store.  Clearly this aspect of the behavior is all down to DAZ Productions.

• Yeah, if I go do a general product search, basically just plug a word or words into the Search Store field at the top of the main page -- say, because I want to remind myself what all products I'd bought that had "cat" in the name or description --  and I then checkbox Only Show Owned, I get a lot of products I haven't bought yet, and still have to wade through all that to find the handful of cat things I do own.  This used to work before Daz3D did their site overhaul.

edited May 2021

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Yeah, if I go do a general product search, basically just plug a word or words into the Search Store field at the top of the main page -- say, because I want to remind myself what all products I'd bought that had "cat" in the name or description --  and I then checkbox Only Show Owned, I get a lot of products I haven't bought yet, and still have to wade through all that to find the handful of cat things I do own.  This used to work before Daz3D did their site overhaul.

There are all sorts of searches I can do in DAZ Productions environments that simply don't work; don't do what I need them to do.  It happens in the store, it happens in my product library, it happens in Smart Conect, it happens (slowly but functionlessly) in the Content Library.  The same search does different things.  DAZDeals does help, a little; thankyou @ati, @overdrawn.  Yet Emerson's statement always comes, out of place, to mind; "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds".  Indeed expecting a search in one place of the product to behave the same way in another place is not foolish.

Post edited by jbowler on
  • jim_doriajim_doria Posts: 125
    edited May 2021

Today the uninstall / reinstall trick stopped working for me in Chrome. Now totally unable to use the extnsion on search pages, product pages or my wishlist. crying

In-product links to support still point to the old thread, BTW.

Post edited by jim_doria on

jim_doria said:

In-product links to support still point to the old thread, BTW.

That thread has most of the instructional info, so it's not necessarily a bad thing. Plus, it has a link to this thread at the end.

Still waiting for my copy to start acting up. :-/

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,878
    The plugin has been completely broken in Chrome for weeks for me. It acts like it isn't even installed.

barbult said:

The plugin has been completely broken in Chrome for weeks for me. It acts like it isn't even installed.

Does the uninstall/reinstall workaround still work for you? 

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    @Ati is there anyway for you guys to try troubleshooting from a different computer? I thought I read somewhere that your version was unlikely to ever act up for some reason. I would dearly love to have this working again!

certaintree38 said:

@Ati is there anyway for you guys to try troubleshooting from a different computer? I thought I read somewhere that your version was unlikely to ever act up for some reason. I would dearly love to have this working again!

We're both using the app-store version, the same that you are using. The developmental version may indeed act differently, so that's been put aside.

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 882

BlueFingers said:

I am having some issues with the add-on the last few days in Brave. It didn't work so I re-installed it again, then it still didn't work, twenty minutes later it did work without me doing anything, next day it again didn't, then did the reinstall process over again and updated Brave, then it did work, and then a today it doesn't, re-installed again and it still doesn't work. Does anyone have suggestions how to fix this?

Is there a browser you guys can recommend that currently does work with the add-on? Trying to shop at Daz without the plug-in is quite a chore. I have the idea the it was a Windows update that broke the add-on for me, I can't think of any other explanation.

BlueFingers said:

BlueFingers said:

Is there a browser you guys can recommend that currently does work with the add-on? Trying to shop at Daz without the plug-in is quite a chore. I have the idea the it was a Windows update that broke the add-on for me, I can't think of any other explanation.

Anything not Chromium-based (that is Chrome, Edge, Brave, ...) works as far as I'm aware. That includes Firefox, and all its alternatives (Waterfox, ...), Opera, etc.

(And Chrome works for a lot of people, too, which is our currently biggest problem, since we can't isolate anything specific that causes it to not work for others.)