• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,289
    edited October 2020

Thanks Gogger. Never knew that existed.

Regards,

Richard.

Edited to uncorrect autocorrect.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Bates Motel in Australia:

I created my own custom feature using a custom height map, forest map, verge map and road map.

I used the Australian Bush 6 ecology.

For a full list of used assets see in my gallery.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,436

Bates Motel in Australia:

I created my own custom feature using a custom height map, forest map, verge map and road map.

I used the Australian Bush 6 ecology.

For a full list of used assets see in my gallery.

Perfect for the season!

• New to USC, looks like a great product.  My first test was less than successful.  There appears to be an issue with the Water Surfaces.  Did a simple load of Coast 1, Willows 1 and Tropical Lagoon for the water.   Used defaults for everything but Ecology seed which I bumped to 2 or 3.  Now when I try to change Water it is grayed out and on renders it has no color.  Under Surfaces Tab Editor it looks like there are no maps or colors.  Using scrip version 1.3

One other question, what is the purpose USC Camera View?  It does not show up as a camera in Viewport or appears to have any function.

Attached is a render with no water and screen shots of USC script and Water Surface.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

twitch

Ultra Scene 1 Coast 1 Willows 1 Trop Lagoon 01 02.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 2M
    USC Water Issue_1.png
    1892 x 734 - 574K
    USC Water Issue_2.png
    2511 x 1124 - 641K
  • twitch99twitch99 Posts: 81
    edited October 2020

Note on above issue, it appears that when you run the script on a scene you have already Built, the script does not allow you to modify the current scene but starts a new build??  Is this true??  That does not make sense to me, so once you build a scene, it cannot be changed??  Since it takes 5-10+ minutes to build a scene, having to start over for any changes is a lot a wasted time.

Running a new build with coast 2 and base water to see if the water has any color or surface.

twitch

Post edited by twitch99 on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,344
    edited October 2020
    twitch99 said:

Note on above issue, it appears that when you run the script on a scene you have already Built, the script does not allow you to modify the current scene but starts a new build??  Is this true??  That does not make sense to me, so once you build a scene, it cannot be changed??  Since it takes 5-10+ minutes to build a scene, having to start over for any changes is a lot a wasted time.

Running a new build with coast 2 and base water to see if the water has any color or surface.

twitch

@twitch99  - If I recall correctly, you can modify a scene - just make sure it is selected (the "UltraScene" group in the Scene Tab) before running the script again. 

And, at a very quick glance at your screen shots - make sure you are only EVER changing shaders and what within the Ultrascenery script(!) - you won't be making changes to USC items and shaders directly the way you do on most everything else in DAZ Studio.  Run the script.

[Edit again] to add: I happened to have an UltraScenery Scene up and so tested everything I just said and it is working as advertised. Also note, what you claimed as unexpected behavior can be used to great effect!  I have previously run USC and generated a scene and pretty much of the same mindset as you ran it again only to find a second USC scene generated. I ran with it and rotated the second one to add an unprecedented forest density - I LOVED IT!  If your computer can handle it, try it out!

Lastly, the USC camera is more for the script and not meant to be used by you. 

Hope this helps!

Post edited by Gogger on
  • twitch99twitch99 Posts: 81
    edited October 2020

OK, so mea culpa on my previous two comments, realized that I needed to have UltraScene selected before running script, then I can rebuild a scene.   A quick render of Coast 2, Grasslands 3 and Base Water worked.  Trying rebuild after changing water to Ocean Blue.  Hope that works.

Only question left is purpose of USC Camera View.

Has anyone try to add mountains via TerraDome3?

twitch

Ultra Scene 1 Coast 2 Grasslands 2 Base Water 01 01.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by twitch99 on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    twitch99 said:

OK, so mea culpa on my previous two comments, realized that I needed to have UltraScene selected before running script, then I can rebuild a scene.   A quick render of Coast 2, Grasslands 3 and Base Water worked.  Trying rebuild after changing water to Ocean Blue.  Hope that works.

twitch

I used the B zone from Terradome 3 here. The USC Camera View is used by the script. You don't need to add it to the scene.

edited October 2020

One other thing - did you have the render tab 'Environment' draw ground to 'Manual'? If you did, it might be trying to draw it at Y=0 and at the same plane as the water. Could cause that sort of effect.

Regards,

Richard.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,481
    twitch99 said:

Highwaymanning the Highwayman

• Thanks to all that responded to my questions.   After a little more playing around, I am finding this product very coolsmiley

twitch

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,359

Cute little doggies! 

Alessandro Mastronadi's Dire Wolf running amok around Ultrascenery, Trail 2, Australian Bush 6.

Cheers,

Alex.

Dire Wolf 1.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 977K
    Dire Wolf 2.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 964K
    Dire Wolf 3.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 947K
  • JerifeJerife Posts: 272
    edited October 2020

I made this one as a challenge after reading many times in this thread about the lack of depth that could be associated to USC. My intention was to create a background scenary able to be used in different forms

One USCWater, saved previously, instanced as many times as you want and positioned adding or resting the magic number 6402,17 as there is not a snap it feature in DS as far as I know

3 USC, one for the house, one for the coast, one for the island

3 TerraDome 3 ZoneBs make the distant mountains and nearest one has trees ultrascattered

169 14 Daz rdx.jpg
    3000 x 1688 - 5M
    168 0A.png
    471 x 531 - 7K
    168 0B.png
    471 x 531 - 6K
    168 0C.png
    471 x 531 - 6K
    168 0D.png
    471 x 531 - 93K
    Post edited by Jerife on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,826
    Jerife said:

Looks great! Thanks for the magic number too

edited October 2020
    Jerife said:

I made this one as a challenge after reading many times in this thread about the lack of depth that could be associated to USC. My intention was to create a background scenary able to be used in different forms

One USCWater, saved previously, instanced as many times as you want and positioned adding or resting the magic number 6402,17 as there is not a snap it feature in DS as far as I know

3 TerraDome 3 ZoneBs make the distant mountains and nearest one has trees ultrascattered

Wow, that's a very impressive, gigantic scene!
    The actual size of the UltraScene Terrain is 6400 CM in both X and Z directions. Same for the UltraScene Water, so the "magic number" should be exactly 6400.

Post edited by barbult on

Cute little doggies! 

Alessandro Mastronadi's Dire Wolf running amok around Ultrascenery, Trail 2, Australian Bush 6.

Cheers,

Alex.

The Dire Wolves look good in your terrain. I made an image with two kangaroos (it is Australia, after all, and what would it be without a stereotype?), but I had a terrible time with Catalyzer. It corrupted my scene and I had to follow some recovery instructions from AM to get it back. That experience kind of scared me off of furry animals in UltraScenery. Did you have any problems? If not, maybe I'll try a Koala.

edited October 2020
    twitch99 said:

twitch

Some of your questions have already been answered, so I won't rehash. Are you aware that you don't have to rebuild the scene to change the water? All you have to do is select a different water and click Apply on the Water Settings tab. That can save a lot of time.

Screenshot 2020-10-30 16.32.32.png
    816 x 624 - 160K

barbult said:

The actual size of the UltraScene Terrain is 6400 CM in both X and Z directions. Same for the UltraScene Water, so the "magic number" should be exactly 6400.

You are right; I don't know why what worked for me when I did that one was that strange number

Jerife said:

barbult said:

You are right; I don't know why what worked for me when I did that one was that strange number

If you tried to position the blocks by eye and weren't using an orthographic view, you were probably thrown off by perspective. That kind of thing has happened to me many times.

• And 2cm join gap, at a range of 3200cm (assuming a camera at the origin) and a glancing angle, would be much less than a pixel across unless you were rendering at an unbelievable level of detail.

Regards,

Richard.

edited October 2020
    barbult said:

Cute little doggies! 

Cheers,

Alex.

The Dire Wolves look good in your terrain. I made an image with two kangaroos (it is Australia, after all, and what would it be without a stereotype?), but I had a terrible time with Catalyzer. It corrupted my scene and I had to follow some recovery instructions from AM to get it back. That experience kind of scared me off of furry animals in UltraScenery. Did you have any problems? If not, maybe I'll try a Koala.

The dire wolf comes with DForce hair so you don't need to wrestle with the catalyzer. (Most of Alessandro's recent furries have a DForce option but not, I think, the Koala, which is one of his mid-period efforts.) The hair on the wolf is relatively short so, after some experiments, I simply posed the wolf and hit the render button.  There are three more wolf renders in my gallery and I intend to post more over the next week or so. 

Incidentally, I've just bought Will and Totte's Alien scenery set.  I'm  about to dive headfirst into my employer's month end updates so I'm hoping have a play around with that next weekend.

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • barbult said:
    twitch99 said:

twitch

Some of your questions have already been answered, so I won't rehash. Are you aware that you don't have to rebuild the scene to change the water? All you have to do is select a different water and click Apply on the Water Settings tab. That can save a lot of time.

Thanks for pointing out this tip.  The more I play with USC, the more impressed I am.  This will probably be my primary terrain product.  Using TerraDome 3 to add distance features. 

• Jerife said:

Wow

Wow, looks awesome.  I like how you combined multiple USC and TD3.  I wonder if the water from Iray Worlds would work, as I recall it is quite large.    How did you instance multiple USC Water?   Save 1 water as a sub scene and merge it multiple times?  Or use UltraScatter?

Thanks for sharing. 

edited October 2020

Finally have got beyond a test render for the US Australia bundle. Looks really good. Still no termite mounds, but I like it. Noosha's walking stick is one of the US props, and the top in her left hand is a freebie by Chaos Queen on Renderosity, dForced to drape from her fingers.

Regards,

Richard.

Ultrascenery 04b R03.png
    1860 x 911 - 4M

twitch99 said:

Wow, looks awesome.  I like how you combined multiple USC and TD3.  I wonder if the water from Iray Worlds would work, as I recall it is quite large.    How did you instance multiple USC Water?   Save 1 water as a sub scene and merge it multiple times?  Or use UltraScatter?

Thanks for sharing. 

1 USCWater saved as subset, created instances of it and posed them one by one

You can also duplicate nodes of a group of instances

edited October 2020

Finally have got beyond a test render for the US Australia bundle. Looks really good. Still no termite mounds, but I like it. Noosha's walking stick is one of the US props, and the top in her left hand is a freebie by Chaos Queen on Renderosity, dForced to drape from her fingers.

Regards,

Richard.

Very clever with the walking stick, and it looks great!

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,344
    edited November 2020

I recently started playing with Google Deep Dreams (A.I. Image post-processor) again and when I ran my UltraScenery Eagle through it I got this. I'm liking it!

Eagle Over Firefly Creek by Erik Pedersen and Google Deep Dreams A.I.

Eagle_Over_Firefly_Creek_3Design_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1821 x 1138 - 563K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,570
    Gogger said:

I recently started playing with Google Deep Dreams (A.I. Image post-processor) again and when I ran my UltraScenery Eagle through it I got this. I'm liking it!

Eagle Over Firefly Creek by Erik Pedersen and Google Deep Dreams A.I.

really nice.. i had not heard of this but have an image churning right now. thanks

• I recently installed the Australia bundle and was looking forward to working with this great tool again. Today when I run the script I have nothing under FEATURES, ECOLOGY or WATER. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. Any ideas how to fix this?

Features.JPG
    804 x 549 - 31K
    Ecology.JPG
    786 x 549 - 28K
    thedoctor said:

I recently installed the Australia bundle and was looking forward to working with this great tool again. Today when I run the script I have nothing under FEATURES, ECOLOGY or WATER. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. Any ideas how to fix this?

What type of installer did you use?  I always use manual myself and, from the earlier comments in this thread, DIM seems to work all right but I believe Connect has issues. 

Cheers,

Alex.

This discussion has been closed.