UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    thedoctor said:

I recently installed the Australia bundle and was looking forward to working with this great tool again. Today when I run the script I have nothing under FEATURES, ECOLOGY or WATER. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. Any ideas how to fix this?

Did you install while they are doing the massive site upgrade, yesterday or today? There are major issues they are trying to resolve-even checkout doesn't work-and they advised that downloads occur before they started the upgrade. Here is the forum thread.

• thedoctor said:

I recently installed the Australia bundle and was looking forward to working with this great tool again. Today when I run the script I have nothing under FEATURES, ECOLOGY or WATER. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. Any ideas how to fix this?

What type of installer did you use?  I always use manual myself and, from the earlier comments in this thread, DIM seems to work all right but I believe Connect has issues. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Thanks so much for the response. I used Daz Connect. Never thought there might be an issue there. I'll uninstall and try a manual install.

• I reinstalled with the Daz Install Manager and everything works now. Obviously there's an issue with Daz Connect. THANKS AGAIN

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,436
    thedoctor said:

I reinstalled with the Daz Install Manager and everything works now. Obviously there's an issue with Daz Connect. THANKS AGAIN

Daz Connect has numerous issues. I finally gave up on it and only use DIM now. I am so much happier.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited November 2020

Finally getting around to actually making images again...  Instead of just experimenting and breaking things. :)

I call this one "Music Lovers" but I was tempted to call it "I Like Bards" or something similar.

UltraScenery using the new Australian options, along with Character Mixer to make a custom G8M. Broke out Lo Rez Rat and Monster Rat and converted the materials to Iray.

The wardrobe is dForce Medieval Villager Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s) using dForce Medieval Villager Outfit Textures.

The pose and flute came from HD Flute and Poses for Genesis 8, though the pose was modified in the lower half of the body for a more standing / walking position.

The background is Terradome 3, using UltraScatter Pro to populate the landscape with more trees.

Lighting is from Skies of Economy Redux, but I forget which volume. In my defense, I rendered this three times with three different skies to get the right color balance.

Music Lovers.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Jason Galterio on
  • JerifeJerife Posts: 272
    Gogger said:

I recently started playing with Google Deep Dreams (A.I. Image post-processor) again and when I ran my UltraScenery Eagle through it I got this. I'm liking it!

Eagle Over Firefly Creek by Erik Pedersen and Google Deep Dreams A.I.

Great and powerful image Gogger and thank you very much for pointing us about Deep Dream Generator, really funny

I tried there with some of my images too

https://deepdreamgenerator.com/ddream/gvys6cx05rz

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,344
    edited November 2020
    Jerife said:
    Gogger said:

I recently started playing with Google Deep Dreams (A.I. Image post-processor) again and when I ran my UltraScenery Eagle through it I got this. I'm liking it!

Eagle Over Firefly Creek by Erik Pedersen and Google Deep Dreams A.I.

Great and powerful image Gogger and thank you very much for pointing us about Deep Dream Generator, really funny

I tried there with some of my images too

https://deepdreamgenerator.com/ddream/gvys6cx05rz

I played with "DDG" a lot a while back, but the largest resolution was too small for my needs and I sort of drifted away from it. Now they have a subscription service with higher res results and I am testing it out. UltraScenery images go a long way there!  While it is true, you never quite know what youy might get, that *can* be half the fun!  I certainly wasn't expecting Eagle Over Firefly Creek!  Or this one (showing original (previously posted here) and Deep Dream Generator version).

___d0685d85038c3a953033b30ae5dd7816ae5a2d46.jpg
    2226 x 931 - 546K
    DS_Autumn_Game_Trail_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 956K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,881

@Gogger, I am blown away by the deer, it looks like a water color after you used DDG! 

Lovely.

edited November 2020

@Gogger, I am blown away by the deer, it looks like a water color after you used DDG! 

Lovely.

Thanks, @memcneil70.  I think UltraScenery images do very well in DDG for some AMAZING transformations.

Post edited by Gogger on
  • Product looks amazing. Is there a way to reduce the size of the generated maps?

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912

Is this compatible with the Filament renderer? I tried it yesterday and the trees all rendered as the instance preview.

edited November 2020

Only the proxies show in the viewport, because Visible in Viewport is turned OFF for all of the instances. I set Visible in Viewport to ON for a few and they showed up in the Filament viewport. So, I got over confident and turned them all on at once. CRASH!!!

I tried again with only a few instances visible in viewport. I turned the proxies to not visible with the eye icon.

Proxies off and instances visible in viewport.jpg
    3244 x 1981 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
    barbult said:

So, I got over confident and turned them all on at once. CRASH!!!

This is how we learn things. Crash. Crash. And crash again. <LOL>  Can you imagine if, as babies learning to walk, once we fell down we stayed down?

Crash as you may, but render ever on!

edited November 2020

Turn off the visibility of a bunch of the instances that don't have proxies anyway, to make the Filament viewport responsive to adjust your scene view.

Hide a bunch of instances for a responsive viewport.jpg
    3248 x 1973 - 699K
    barbult said:

Turn off the visibility of a bunch of the instances that don't have proxies anyway, to make the Filament viewport responsive to adjust your scene view.

Um... those BUBBLE TREES are flippin' AWESOME!  I want them as actual models like that! (In IRAY)

Gogger said:
    barbult said:

Um... those BUBBLE TREES are flippin' AWESOME!  I want them as actual models like that! (In IRAY)

I take that as a challenge! I will give it a try.

edited November 2020

This is as much as I could get visible in a Filament scene before it had a fatal crash - i.e. not much. sad Filament doesn't understand Sun-Sky lighting either, evidently.

This is the corresponding Iray render. I only let it render for 2 minutes, just to get a comparison of the scene content.

USC Filament Australia.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    USC Iray 2 minute render.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    edited November 2020

For @Gogger "Bubble Trees" rendered in Iray. They are not as bubbly as the Filament look, but this is the best I could do in the time available. smiley It is just a surface setting modification of the proxy materials. I made the proxies visible in render and the instances not visible in render.

USC Australia Proxies Rendered 2.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    barbult said:

For @Gogger "Bubble Trees" rendered in Iray. They are not as bubbly as the Filament look, but this is the best I could do in the time available. smiley It is just a surface setting modification of the proxy materials. I made the proxies visible in render and the instances not visible in render.

HA HA! AWESOME - Thanks @barbult !

• NathNath Posts: 2,735

The bubble trees in Filament are cute - I got some myself when I experimented with US and Filament. Unintended, but worth exploring :-)

Something else I noticed on my computer is that the camera is really slow to reposition in a Filament viewport in a US scene compared to Textured. Is that just me, or is it slow for others as well?

test filament.jpg
    1046 x 887 - 384K
  • Ultrascatter pro upgrade crashes Filament too but the original Ultrascatter not using proxies seems OK

just don't generate with Filament on

dunno if that is any help for Ultrascenery users

Nath said:

The bubble trees in Filament are cute - I got some myself when I experimented with US and Filament. Unintended, but worth exploring :-)

Something else I noticed on my computer is that the camera is really slow to reposition in a Filament viewport in a US scene compared to Textured. Is that just me, or is it slow for others as well?

It is slow. That is why I posted this tip above.

• barbult said:

This is as much as I could get visible in a Filament scene before it had a fatal crash - i.e. not much. sad Filament doesn't understand Sun-Sky lighting either, evidently.

This is the corresponding Iray render. I only let it render for 2 minutes, just to get a comparison of the scene content.

Well, shucks!  This was the primary reason I wanted to test Filament.  Has anybody tried it with HDRI lighting?  I've been really liking the results I get with Orestes skies or DimensionTheory's Skies of Economy but trying to get the lighting set right is pain. Using the tiny aux window set to Iray preview helps but in the end, a lot of time the trees end up blocking the perfect view I found in the preview.  Very time-consuming...

HDRIs work, but you have to play a bit with lighting levels. One very good thing is that you can see the HDRI in Filament (if you turn it to visible in Environment settings) and can position it exactly, rather than several iterations of guess-rotate-render.

• Nath said:

HDRIs work, but you have to play a bit with lighting levels. One very good thing is that you can see the HDRI in Filament (if you turn it to visible in Environment settings) and can position it exactly, rather than several iterations of guess-rotate-render.

That's great!  I'm very familiar with the guess-rotate-render game. Thanks!

Some of them do turn up weird and blocky, but not all, and it's a great way to position a HDRI for an Iray render.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited November 2020

So I stumbled across this over in the Filament thread, and thought it might be of interest to USC fans.  The new Viewport render option renders out a lot more than you see in the texture-shaded viewport.  Y'all may know about this already, but it was a revelation to me.

Iray Render

Texture-shaded Viewport

Viewport render - Texture-shaded

Filament Viewport Render - Garbage, but anyway

Viewport renders are instant, so I thought it might be a nice way to preview general placement without having to switch to Iray.

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,581

Thanks for posting this, @Sevrin. This is exaclty what I was curious about.

- Greg

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,581
    barbult said:

Only the proxies show in the viewport, because Visible in Viewport is turned OFF for all of the instances. I set Visible in Viewport to ON for a few and they showed up in the Filament viewport. So, I got over confident and turned them all on at once. CRASH!!!

I tried again with only a few instances visible in viewport. I turned the proxies to not visible with the eye icon.

Great information, @Barbult!

- Greg

Sevrin said:

So I stumbled across this over in the Filament thread, and thought it might be of interest to USC fans.  The new Viewport render option renders out a lot more than you see in the texture-shaded viewport.  Y'all may know about this already, but it was a revelation to me.

Iray Render

Texture-shaded Viewport

Viewport render - Texture-shaded

Filament Viewport Render - Garbage, but anyway

Viewport renders are instant, so I thought it might be a nice way to preview general placement without having to switch to Iray.

It looks like Texture Shaded viewport render doesn't respect the Visible in Viewport attribute the way Filament viewport render does. Bug?

This discussion has been closed.