UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    barbult said:
    Sevrin said:

So I stumbled across this over in the Filament thread, and thought it might be of interest to USC fans.  The new Viewport render option renders out a lot more than you see in the texture-shaded viewport.  Y'all may know about this already, but it was a revelation to me.

Iray Render

Texture-shaded Viewport

Viewport render - Texture-shaded

Filament Viewport Render - Garbage, but anyway

Viewport renders are instant, so I thought it might be a nice way to preview general placement without having to switch to Iray.

It looks like Texture Shaded viewport render doesn't respect the Visible in Viewport attribute the way Filament viewport render does. Bug?

Feature!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,436
    Sevrin said:
    barbult said:
    Sevrin said:

So I stumbled across this over in the Filament thread, and thought it might be of interest to USC fans.  The new Viewport render option renders out a lot more than you see in the texture-shaded viewport.  Y'all may know about this already, but it was a revelation to me.

Iray Render

Texture-shaded Viewport

Viewport render - Texture-shaded

Filament Viewport Render - Garbage, but anyway

Viewport renders are instant, so I thought it might be a nice way to preview general placement without having to switch to Iray.

It looks like Texture Shaded viewport render doesn't respect the Visible in Viewport attribute the way Filament viewport render does. Bug?

Feature!

Inconsistent!

I submitted a help request about the inconsistency. I don't know which behavior is "correct". It is a Viewport  engine Render, so which flag should be controlling the content of the result - Visible in Viewport or Visible in Render?

• Personally I'm just happy the upgrade to 4.14 hasn't broken US. I always approach upgrades with extreme trepidation. In the early days of DS 0.7.x (when I first found out about DS) the updates did often go haywire and cease working with scenes I'd spent a lot of time on, so learning from that experience, I tend to be a late adopter these days. I have full working copies of DS 4.10, 4.11 and 4.12 on my machine in renamed directories, and they do all work if I need them again. Hope not to need them, I must admit, but they're there.

Regards,

Richard.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    edited November 2020

I purchased https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--australia but don't see it when I run UltraScenery.  Any suggestions? (Downloaded and installed via DIM)

Post edited by gitika1 on
  • Did you buy the Botanica packs, too? You need those.

Required Products:

edited November 2020

Did you buy the Botanica packs, too? You need those.

Required Products:

Yes, I own all of Howie's Ultrascenery add-ons.  I am able to use the Understorey and Trees and Shrubs, individually, with no issues.  However, none of the add-on is showing in the Ultrascenery UI.  I uninstalled, deleted the package, re-downloaded, reinstalled and they are not showing in the script.

Post edited by gitika1 on
  • IDK, then. The Australia environments should be the top entry, located above the ones with the palm trees.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    gitika1 said:

I purchased https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--australia but don't see it when I run UltraScenery.  Any suggestions? (Downloaded and installed via DIM)

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you have the latest version of UltraScenery installed, which is 1.3.0

dawnblade said:
    gitika1 said:

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you have the latest version of UltraScenery installed, which is 1.3.0

I am using Script Version 1.3.0

I tried uninstalling Ultrascenery and all add-ons, then reinstall them.  Australia landscape features are no present in the.

• gitika 1, when you start US look to see if in Ecology you are starting at the top, mine starts down some at Grassland 1 and I have to scroll up to see Austrslia.

Hope this helps

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

@gitika1  Did you scroll up in the ecologies? The reason I ask is I thought the same that it wasn't installed then realized that I needed to scroll up because it still shows Grasslands 1 as the start position.

• My new Accelerator plugin for UltraScenery is now available. The plugin, written in C++ using the Daz Studio SDK, speeds up scene generation by at least 5x (and often up to 10x). Even the most complex scenes will generate in less than a minute with this plug-in - simpler scenes can generate in less than 20 seconds.

Accelerator for UltaScenery

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,359

Already bought and downloaded.  I'm looking forward to faster generations, in future. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,344

My new Accelerator plugin for UltraScenery is now available. The plugin, written in C++ using the Daz Studio SDK, speeds up scene generation by at least 5x (and often up to 10x). Even the most complex scenes will generate in less than a minute with this plug-in - simpler scenes can generate in less than 20 seconds.

Went straight into my cart, after doing a little Happy Dance jig (inspired by Snoopy and also The Scots).  Thanks, Howie, for all you do to keep improving Ultrascenery!

• Nice! Thank you.

• JPiatJPiat Posts: 68

My new Accelerator plugin for UltraScenery is now available. The plugin, written in C++ using the Daz Studio SDK, speeds up scene generation by at least 5x (and often up to 10x). Even the most complex scenes will generate in less than a minute with this plug-in - simpler scenes can generate in less than 20 seconds.

Great news.

I'm not using Ultrascenery that much, but I use A LOT UltraScatter PRO. Will you realease a C++ plug in for it ?

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,039
    JPiat said:

Great news.

I'm not using Ultrascenery that much, but I use A LOT UltraScatter PRO. Will you realease a C++ plug in for it ?

good idea!

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,039

After we got now the speed, will we get soon the option to generate bigger scenes? 

• I used the accelerator plug-in and it is FAST!! I generated the largest ultrascene possible in just 1 minute and 11 seconds.
  • kervalakervala Posts: 184

As a C++ developer myself, I approve this change (it's in my cart, I'm just checking what other products I'll purchase) :D

• +1

JPiat said:

• My new Accelerator plugin for UltraScenery is now available. The plugin, written in C++ using the Daz Studio SDK, speeds up scene generation by at least 5x (and often up to 10x). Even the most complex scenes will generate in less than a minute with this plug-in - simpler scenes can generate in less than 20 seconds.

Howie, your products are so exceptional. From the interface to the workflow to the final results, just stunning. If there ever is a Daz Hall of Fame, I nominate you in the first round.

• NathNath Posts: 2,735

Yes, it is fast.

At least if you don't forget to take your viewport off Iray blushlaugh

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

@HowieFarkes Can Accelerator be installed manually? I ask because I (and others) can no longer use DIM, and Tech Support have been unable to fix after several months.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited December 2020

Deleted

Post edited by dawnblade on
  • krang_3648066906krang_3648066906 Posts: 1
    edited December 2020

I purchased Ultrascenery accelerator and when I try to generate a scene it freezes. (as shown in the capture)

I have My Library on an external drive. ¿Is this a problem?

When I unistall the accelerator, all works fine. (See the second capture)

Captura.PNG
    804 x 553 - 35K
    Captura2.PNG
    798 x 558 - 48K
    Post edited by krang_3648066906 on
  • XanathonXanathon Posts: 86
    edited December 2020

I have to uninstall  Octane before I can use this or the accelerator? Ridiculous! I would have liked to know that before buying it.

And now after installing Accelerator and deinstalling Octane DAZ Studio crashes on every start.

Edit: I uninstalled Accelerator and still DAZ Studio crashes on every start. What a heap of manure.

Post edited by Xanathon on

@HowieFarkes Can Accelerator be installed manually? I ask because I (and others) can no longer use DIM, and Tech Support have been unable to fix after several months.

Yes, just copy the .dll (or .dylib on MacOS) into the plugins folder of Daz Studio and relaunch Daz Studio.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

@dawnblade "I'm opposed to this kind of "pay for speed" that could have been a free add-on."

You could apply that same logic to the base product and each of the add-ons. Frankyl, that doesn't make sense. This is no different than a Texture pack for a clothing item.

The dll required time to develop so it would seem reasonable for those costs to bre borne by the customer. Either paying now,so that one can choose, or having the base product be more expensive.

• fastbike1 said:

@dawnblade "I'm opposed to this kind of "pay for speed" that could have been a free add-on."

You could apply that same logic to the base product and each of the add-ons. Frankyl, that doesn't make sense. This is no different than a Texture pack for a clothing item.

The dll required time to develop so it would seem reasonable for those costs to bre borne by the customer. Either paying now,so that one can choose, or having the base product be more expensive.

Agreed. It definetly is extra effort. Everyone has to pay some bills, and I am happily paying for some extra conveniance. The add-on leaves a joice: pay for the extra speed or go with the standard product. I am opting for the first, and hope there will be an "speed up" pliug-in for UltraScatter soon. 

This discussion has been closed.