UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830
    edited August 2020
    Gordig said:

No paved roads yet, although RGCincy is, independently, working on a road generator that he has tested with US.

I'm planning to post in a few days a .duf file with a road terrain, along with a height map, vegetation mask, and instructions for using with Ultrascenery. It won't be perfect but will give folks a way to have a curved paved road if they desire. Here's a render of the road using Ultrascenery.

terrain 08-07-2020 road Harpwood 3.png
    512 x 512 - 614K
    terrain 08-07-2020 road Harpwood 3 b.png
    512 x 512 - 610K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    DeeKay said:

I just bought US TAO, I fixed up the references to the MAT files as described by barbult. However ecologies TAO 12 and TAO 13 still did not work. That is swap from grasslands to either of these does not change the ecology. Is this a known problem? I fixed the problem by deleting two duplicated lines at line 455 in both TA TAO 12.json and TA TAO 13.json.

Thanks for this amazing product and the shear enthusiasm of the talented artists in this thread.

Yes, that's known. The fix is working its way through QA...

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,792

wow on the new sets coming up. These are really nice. all of them. 

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the UltraScenery ecology with some actual Aussie bush near my house.

i reread this and realized one is real and the other US ... the US one is tremendous. so nice. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    GreyFaun said:

Like many here (everybody, in fact !) I have fallen in love with UltraScenery. It is, truly, game changing for all Daz users.

Which brings me to my question to Howie : do you plan on making for UltraScenery a "landscape creator" able to recreate your magnificent Carrara sets (my personal favorites being Noble Pines and Valle Alpina, btw) ? Can we hope a snow feature for Christmas ? More varieties of flowers for Easter ?

Long story short : will UltraScenery fully become "Carrara for Daz3D, only better" ?

Anyway, thank you for the brilliant work !

What I would like to see is the ability to populate objects like spheres cubes and other custom objects.

@creationz8, Take a look at UltraScatter Pro. Also from Howie, it's been around for quite a while, so if you're not in a hurry, you'll be able to pick it up at a good discount, 50% off or more. On the other hand, even if you pay full price, it's worth every penny, (imho, of course.)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330

Looking forward to the upcoming sets from both Howie and TangoAlpha.

Meanwhile here's today's TAO pic from me.

USC-River1-TAO14.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 789K
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    edited August 2020

My first posted TAO render.  I am torn though, I did the first image and I don't like the clouds and I feel like the rain looks more like what you would see on a window.  On the second one I deleted out the clouds and rotated the rain prop. It looks less like rain on a window but its hardly visible. 

So I need opinions, which do you prefer?

Double US scenes 1:Dirt Track #1 ecology Tangy Apple #6  2:Dirt Track #1 with Hedgerow ecology Tangy Apple #11

DrivingThroughTM82020.jpg
    2000 x 1083 - 2M
    DrivingThrough2TM82020.jpg
    2000 x 1083 - 2M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • mavantemavante Posts: 734
    RGcincy said:
    Gordig said:

No paved roads yet, although RGCincy is, independently, working on a road generator that he has tested with US.

I'm planning to post in a few days a .duf file with a road terrain, along with a height map, vegetation mask, and instructions for using with Ultrascenery. It won't be perfect but will give folks a way to have a curved paved road if they desire. Here's a render of the road using Ultrascenery.

I think it's fabulous. Thanks for doing the work. Will look forward to seeing your file and how you did it.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,940

Just to show options, here are two of my latest landscape images, left is "Supernova", right is "Takeover" - I used the UltraScenery terrain with grassland as base and then used UltraScatter Pro script to place two of my WonderPlantZ species each on these terrains. Worked a bit on all the materials and Marshian's Parhelion HDRs gave the lighting. 

Wow, very creative, and fabulout colors and shapes.

Daventaki said:

My first posted TAO render.  I am torn though, I did the first image and I don't like the clouds and I feel like the rain looks more like what you would see on a window.  On the second one I deleted out the clouds and rotated the rain prop. It looks less like rain on a window but its hardly visible. 

So I need opinions, which do you prefer?

Double US scenes 1:Dirt Track #1 ecology Tangy Apple #6  2:Dirt Track #1 with Hedgerow ecology Tangy Apple #11

I think your assessment is correct. In the first one, the clouds look strange. In the second one, I can't see rain at all. I'd vote for the first one with the clouds removed. Maybe you should add some fog to make it look like the rain is hampering visibility.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084

I think it would be great if we could also have a railroad track stretching over terrain or winding its way through a forest. Shouldn’t be that complicated. Who will make this for buckeroos? Maybe a late addition to Howie’s paths included in the next update?

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited August 2020
    daveso said:

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the UltraScenery ecology with some actual Aussie bush near my house.

i reread this and realized one is real and the other US ... the US one is tremendous. so nice. 

If I saw the one on the left on its own, I'd think it was a photo.  This is a quite remarkable render. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331
    edited August 2020

Dirt Track 2 Hedgerow with Max altitude -3 m and Tangy Apple Orchard 03

Apple01sc04pic04.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 571K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • mcorr said:

I think it would be great if we could also have a railroad track stretching over terrain or winding its way through a forest. Shouldn’t be that complicated. Who will make this for buckeroos? Maybe a late addition to Howie’s paths included in the next update?

You could probably do it now. A mask for a gently curving track bed, the DryJack's freebie morphing track from Renderosity. Think it has ballast built in.. Just checked, it does and is here: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/morphing-track-pack/77030

Regards,

Richard.

• shadem980shadem980 Posts: 48
    edited August 2020

Here is a dim lit scene with Dryjack's rail set and a train project I have been actively editing for a scene in my own story project to show you kind of how it can potentially look with US. I am still needing to do post work, but I used US, Insta edit to remove instances that were in the way, and Ultrascatter Pro to place in some other things I wanted.

The masking feature wasn't available when I made this, but with it available now would save a lot of time as the railbed goes alongside the dirt path.

train curve.jpg
    2000 x 1236 - 538K
    Post edited by shadem980 on

Here is a dim lit scene with Dryjack's rail set and a train project I have been actively editing for a scene in my own story project to show you kind of how it can potentially look with US. I am still needing to do post work, but I used US, Insta edit to remove instances that were in the way, and Ultrascatter Pro to place in some other things I wanted.

The masking feature wasn't available when I made this, but with it available now would save a lot of time as the railbed goes alongside the dirt path.

That shows great potential!

edited August 2020

The Orange Grove

Since I live in Florida, I was compelled to turn the apple trees into orange trees. I just changed the surface settings. To enhance the illusion, I added an orange prop from European Style Apartment on the path. The path was changed to sand by changing the Roadbase Layer and Roadsurface Layer materials of the UltraScene terrain shader. I used texture maps from a Mec4D shader product to do that. The old tractor was updated with Iray shaders. A geoshell was added for the dirt on the tires. The dog is a billboard I created a few months ago from the Daz Dog German Shepherd.

Another view

USC Dirt Track 2 TAO Oranges Mec4D Sand Tractor_003 Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

Did you have an idea Howie, when you started this that it would be so well received? LOL ;)

Laurie

• barbult said:

The Orange Grove

Since I live in Florida, I was compelled to turn the apple trees into orange trees. I just changed the surface settings. To enhance the illusion, I added an orange prop from European Style Apartment on the path. The path was changed to sand by changing the Roadbase Layer and Roadsurface Layer materials of the UltraScene terrain shader. I used texture maps from a Mec4D shader product to do that. The old tractor was updated with Iray shaders. A geoshell was added for the dirt on the tires. The dog is a billboard I created a few months ago from the Daz Dog German Shepherd.

Another view

Very clever!

• AllenArt said:

Did you have an idea Howie, when you started this that it would be so well received? LOL ;)

Laurie

Well, one always kinda hopes a product will take off - but it has certainly exceeded expectations

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    edited August 2020
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

Well, one always kinda hopes a product will take off - but it has certainly exceeded expectations

laughyes It should...it's a fantastic product!

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830
    edited August 2020

Attached is a zip file with a free paved road that can be used with UltraScenery. The .duf file contains a scene with a pre-sized road terrain that comes in two parts (one part used, one optional).You haver to create your own UltraScene using the height map, vegetation masks, and directions included. You also have to add your own shaders to the cut, fill, curb and shoulder. Several images for the roadbed shader are supplied. Since this is the first time I've tried to explain how to use this, let me know if anything doesn't work or is unclear and I'll update the directions. As I said in a previous post, it's not perfect but I think it will be quite usable. 

Road using Pines 1 ecology:

zip
    zip
    Shape Magic_FreebieRoad_1.zip
    SM_FreebieRoad_1_Pines.jpg
    802 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • mavantemavante Posts: 734
    RGcincy said:

Attached is a zip file with a free paved road that can be used with UltraScenery. The .duf file contains a scene with a pre-sized road terrain that comes in two parts (one part used, one optional).You haver to create your own UltraScene using the height map, vegetation masks, and directions included. You also have to add your own shaders to the cut, fill, curb and shoulder. Several images for the roadbed shader are supplied. Since this is the first time I've tried to explain how to use this, let me know if anything doesn't work or is unclear and I'll update the directions. As I said in a previous post, it's not perfect but I think it will be quite usable. 

Thank you ever so much for this!

edited August 2020

Another render with Tangy Apple Orchard 03

AppleOrchard002sc02pic03.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 596K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited August 2020

The render with Tangy Apple Orchard 01

AppleOrchard003sc03v02pic04.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited August 2020

FOUND

yeti enh.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 759
    edited August 2020
    daveso said:

FOUND

I like it.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2020

Another one with Tangy Apple Orchard.

I like the colors on this one.

AppleOrchard004v02pic05SunsetJ.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 715K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@barbult " I was compelled to turn the apple trees into orange trees"

Your work just gets better and better.

I haven't said it before, but personally I really appreciate the time and effort you put into finding issues w/ new products, but especially pushing product boundaries to exercise possibilities some of us might not have thought about. yes

fastbike1 said:

@barbult " I was compelled to turn the apple trees into orange trees"

Your work just gets better and better.

I haven't said it before, but personally I really appreciate the time and effort you put into finding issues w/ new products, but especially pushing product boundaries to exercise possibilities some of us might not have thought about. yes

Thanks, that is nice to hear! smiley I don't go out looking for problems in purchased products, I just try to use the things I buy. Problems seem to be attracted to me like a magnet. Often, like in the case of the TAO addon, the very first thing I try to do doesn't work right. Then I report the issue and am on the lookout for other problems with the same product. If a vendor can be alerted quickly to problems, it is more likely we'll se a fix, in my experience. TangoAlpha seems to be right on top of getting the TAO addon corrected. yes

This discussion has been closed.