UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,792
    barbult said:
    fastbike1 said:

@barbult " I was compelled to turn the apple trees into orange trees"

Your work just gets better and better.

I haven't said it before, but personally I really appreciate the time and effort you put into finding issues w/ new products, but especially pushing product boundaries to exercise possibilities some of us might not have thought about. yes

Thanks, that is nice to hear! smiley I don't go out looking for problems in purchased products, I just try to use the things I buy. Problems seem to be attracted to me like a magnet. Often, like in the case of the TAO addon, the very first thing I try to do doesn't work right. Then I report the issue and am on the lookout for other problems with the same product. If a vendor can be alerted quickly to problems, it is more likely we'll se a fix, in my experience. TangoAlpha seems to be right on top of getting the TAO addon corrected. yes

yes

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

Tango Alpha's heath and  wasteland set has just escaped into the wild. As before, my copy made a browser-scorchingly fast journey into my shopping basket!

I've updated by Excel spreadsheet with the latest numbers and there are now 2829 different combinations of terrain, ecology and water shader.  

Cheers,

Alex.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Tango Alpha's heath and  wasteland set has just escaped into the wild. As before, my copy made a browser-scorchingly fast journey into my shopping basket!

Yep. No hesitation. Into the cart and through checkout in record time, for me.

Now if I can just make the time to play with all these great addons! (RL has been demanding of late… sad )

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Heads-up. We've got another store hiccup. I just purchased the new heath and moor package, along with the Martin J. Frost requirements.

Neither of the Frost packages show up in my purchase history for download. Are these new products that haven't quite been released yet?

The store page link from the US package claims that I've purchased them, and it didn't do that before I did it. And both claim to have manual downloads. But they seem to be nowhere in my purchase history list.

I've submitted a ticket. But since I don't remember seeing these products released (and I pay attention to plant props) I wondered if we've got a coordination issue here.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    JOdel said:

Heads-up. We've got another store hiccup. I just purchased the new heath and moor package, along with the Martin J. Frost requirements.

Neither of the Frost packages show up in my purchase history for download. Are these new products that haven't quite been released yet?

The store page link from the US package claims that I've purchased them, and it didn't do that before I did it. And both claim to have manual downloads. But they seem to be nowhere in my purchase history list.

I've submitted a ticket. But since I don't remember seeing these products released (and I pay attention to plant props) I wondered if we've got a coordination issue here.

Something has definitely gone awry.  These two products were released last month. I had no problem with manual downloads. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

JOdel said:

No, one was last month's monthly freebie, the other was one of last month's weekly freebies. (PC+/free with purchase)

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,035

JOdel, I got both when they came out without issue. The Heather released on 30 June, Wasteland is PC+ and I am showing it was free in July. 

• blosseblosse Posts: 46
    barbult said:

The One that Got Away

This is wonderful.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 759

Test run of new Heath & Moor and Wasteland.

Test 2.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 2M
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,902

Because I'm a lunatic, I'm bridging UltraScenery scenes into Cinema4D. The first attempt only brought in the original instances of each prop, even though DS asked if I wanted to replace the instances before export. I just ran Instances to Objects on just the trees and am trying again.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Huh. I probably did get them if they were freebies. But DAZ seems to have no record of it. I found them by searching for the actual name in the purchase history, and they both came up. Nowhere near the top page of the list, which would make sense if they were released some time ago. But the purchase date for both is listed as today.

Well, at any rate, I've got them now. Any other issues about purchasing them are irrelevant here.

Two new addons, two days in a row! I'm delighted Daz released the water addon so fast. Downloading it now…

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331

Wow, another 2 great expansions to UltraScenery - keep'em coming.

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--water-pack

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--heath--moor-and-wasteland

• metasidemetaside Posts: 177

Just noting that an animation expansion for this would be really cool! :D

edited August 2020

water water 

We also need more different pathways, rivers, etc ... different debris and rocks. Complete desert with plants, cactus rocks, etc ... 
    Farms, meadows, valleys ... on and on 

Cities, YES !!!  Bigger faster ... Ultimate Ultra 

Post edited by daveso on
    daveso said:

water water 

We also need more different pathways, rivers, etc ... different debris and rocks. Complete desert with plants, cactus rocks, etc ... 
    Farms, meadows, valleys ... on and on 

Cities, YES !!!  Bigger faster ... Ultimate Ultra 

...and better palm trees!!
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

I just noticed that Nature Trees Pack 4 is in FastGrab today for 70% off, for anyone waiting to get the required product for the USC Pines add-on!

• AriaHoughtonAriaHoughton Posts: 12
    edited August 2020

I just purchased the water pack but there is no indication as to how to use it. It doesn't show up in the US script menu either.. Help?

Oh nvm I just updated the base product ^^'

Post edited by AriaHoughton on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,939
    edited August 2020

I just purchased the water pack but there is no indication as to how to use it. It doesn't show up in the US script menu either.. Help?

Oh nvm I just updated the base product ^^'

They should show up on the Water tab when you run the UltraSceneCreator script. the Water tab only shows up when you select a Feature that has water, like one of the rivers or pond.

Screenshot 2020-08-11 16.16.57.png
    756 x 624 - 265K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • I'm going to appologize for not reading the 70 pages of back-thread to see if it's mentioned - I did a search and didn't see anything. I don't see a box for interactive licenses (to use them, in, say, a walk-through) - does that mean it's included (which I hope, but doubt) or that it's not available at all (which I suspect is more likely)?

I'm going to appologize for not reading the 70 pages of back-thread to see if it's mentioned - I did a search and didn't see anything. I don't see a box for interactive licenses (to use them, in, say, a walk-through) - does that mean it's included (which I hope, but doubt) or that it's not available at all (which I suspect is more likely)?

I think @HowieFarkes will need to answer that question.

Another test run of the new Heath & Moor and Wasteland.

Wrecked Boat 1.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 2M

That's a nice one. I like that I can see the color in the purple flowering plants.

edited August 2020

Well, I had to use the Toxic Waste water today! How could I resist? It goes well with the dead trees ecology I built. I threw in a couple other dead broken trees, a little fish kill, @Oso3D skeletal horse, and a sunken boat. 

Nothing Survives Here

USC Toxic Dead Trees_003.png
    2000 x 1125 - 4M
    Post edited by barbult on
    barbult said:

Well, I had to use the Toxic Waste water today! How could I resist? It goes well with the dead trees ecology I built. I threw in a couple other dead broken trees, a little fish kill, @Oso3D skeletal horse, and a sunken boat. 

Nothing Survives Here

looks like the water around here. Nice image. 

daveso said:
    barbult said:

Nothing Survives Here

looks like the water around here. Nice image. 

Thanks, there's a lot of blue sky reflection in the water, so it doesn't look as green and toxic as it might with other lighting.

edited August 2020
    Still looks cool with the blue.
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830
    daveso said:

Good one @daveso

@creationz8 The wrecked boat was a perfect complement to the moor vegetation

barbult said:

It goes well with the dead trees ecology I built. I threw in a couple other dead broken trees, a little fish kill, @Oso3D skeletal horse, and a sunken boat. 

Nothing Survives Here

You've been very creative with UltraScenery @barbult. This all fits together so well.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,035

@barbult, my flatmate saw the render and said it reminded him of an abandoned strip mine, that had been allowed to fill in with water over the years, glassy and icky, dead trees growing around and a few sticking up through the water. This was in Ohio where he lived as a boy. And one time, an edge gave way and the acumulated water spilled down the hill into the basement of their home flooding it, along with his neighbors. 

Excellent work as usual. 

@creationz8, your heather picture is very nice. I have been doing tests and am just happy to get a render. You have done some art. Great work.

Mary

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830

Created an UltraScene with a river, made a depth map from it, used that to add a road, made a depth map from that and used it to update the original UltraScene. Removed some polygons from the cut and fill of the road to make way for a simple bridge over a creek.

This discussion has been closed.