UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Is why I picked it as a base set, cos there's really 3 different ecologies in the one set, plus it's a DO now, so frequently very cheap. Plus I threw in the Autumn textures and backfitted them to the original as a little bonus. (also, TAO doesn't let you take the fruits off the trees, which you can do in the ecologies, thanks to the magic of Cutout Opacity, lol)

Coming up: Remember the freebie heathers & wasteland sets from last month? There's an ecology for those sets just waiting for a release date (5 heath & heather, 3 wasteland)

https://www.daz3d.com/heather--heath-and-moorland-plants-for-daz-studio
    https://www.daz3d.com/wasteland-plants-and-weeds--low-resolution-instant-ecosystems

Long term, I'm working on a swamp ecology - bald cypress trees etc. No timeframe on that. I know Howie has stuff in the works, but he hasn't talked about it publically so, yeah. Stuff. Cool.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,210

Squee! *waits with money*

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,792
    barbult said:
    daveso said:

where does TAO need to reide? what folder? 

I bought the USC product and installed, but no apple trees appear at all ..tried a couple different scenes and it just grass, gravel, etc .. no trees

What Feature did you select in your build?
    What Ecology did you select inyour build?
    Did you get any missing file errors?

TAO was not installed at all, at least in my current directories. it ened up in the mess DAZ Central created. I'm still thinking of totally deleting my DS install, all of it, everything and starting over from scratch.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,940

Squee! *waits with money*

Yup!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Ok so the product is working... River with with TAO 5.  So its got to do with the Hedgerow features.  Be back after more testing.

TAO1TM82020.jpg
    2000 x 1083 - 2M
    edited August 2020

Apple Harvest

Cobblestone with dirt in TAO Sunflowers_001.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited August 2020

Ok so maybe the shutting down the computer after I reinstalled helped but this image is the Hedgerow 2 with the EW TAO ecology #5 as you can see no trees from the ecology?  Is this intentional @TangoAlpha

Ok now that I look more closely I see what is suppose to happen, I was trying to get the hedgerow with the field of trees.  I would have to do 2 US to obtain this.

TAO2TM82020.jpg
    2000 x 1083 - 2M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • barbult said:

Apple Harvest

That looks really wonderful! heart

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606
    edited August 2020

This is my upcoming or in-progress work for UltraScenery. A set of water presets, Landscape Features vol 2 and a bunch of Australian bushland ecologies. None will have depencies on any already in-store products (excepting the base UltraScenery of course)

popup_01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    popup_01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    aussiebush.png
    1000 x 1300 - 3M
    Post edited by Chohole on
    barbult said:

Apple Harvest

That looks really wonderful! heart

Thanks, Jepe. I'm avoiding apple trees too close to the camera, based your experience. I'm enjoying the new options offered by the TAO addon.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,902

The good and bad thing about UltraScenery is that Howie could just endlessly expand on it and potentially never release another new product.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,592

It just keeps getting better. This image in particular - keep the add-ons coming . . .

Cheers!

- Greg

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,035

Those look fantastic Howie, money being reserved for both products in my credit stash. 

As a side note, I think PAs that do critters that might live in those environments might take note and if they haven't released something appropriate, might think about doing so. Please, pretty please.

And for everyone who has been working so hard with the current products, I am loving your renders. I didn't go near US today, focused my one day to work in Daz Studio on something else. but I always check out your work.

Soon, soon, I will have my own time to devote to 3D.

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606
    edited August 2020

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the UltraScenery ecology with some actual Aussie bush near my house.

sidebyside.png
    1778 x 1159 - 5M
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,210

That is super exciting. I can't wait!

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the UltraScenery ecology with some actual Aussie bush near my house.

It almost makes me wonder which is the photo and which is the render. The new ecology looks that good!

edited August 2020

The One that Got Away

The one that got away.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

This is my upcoming or in-progress work for UltraScenery. A set of water presets, Landscape Features vol 2 and a bunch of Australian bushland ecologies. None will have depencies on any already in-store products (excepting the base UltraScenery of course)

Ohhhh I can't wait!!

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    edited August 2020

Awesome!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,055

Holy crap that looks real surprise

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited August 2020

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the stream crossing and the boardwalk scenes.  Keep them coming guys, I will be ready and waiting with a fully loaded credit card. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 759

Quick test with a different path texture.

Testing.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 2M
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331
    edited August 2020

Is why I picked it as a base set, cos there's really 3 different ecologies in the one set, plus it's a DO now, so frequently very cheap. Plus I threw in the Autumn textures and backfitted them to the original as a little bonus. (also, TAO doesn't let you take the fruits off the trees, which you can do in the ecologies, thanks to the magic of Cutout Opacity, lol)

Coming up: Remember the freebie heathers & wasteland sets from last month? There's an ecology for those sets just waiting for a release date (5 heath & heather, 3 wasteland)

https://www.daz3d.com/heather--heath-and-moorland-plants-for-daz-studio
    https://www.daz3d.com/wasteland-plants-and-weeds--low-resolution-instant-ecosystems

Long term, I'm working on a swamp ecology - bald cypress trees etc. No timeframe on that. I know Howie has stuff in the works, but he hasn't talked about it publically so, yeah. Stuff. Cool.

Thanks for making another sets for UltraScenery and announce them - I appreciate them all.

Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331

That looks amazing - will wait for it to appear in the shop.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

Barbult's mud texture image on that walking track would make a great mountain biking trail!

• GreyFaunGreyFaun Posts: 28

Like many here (everybody, in fact !) I have fallen in love with UltraScenery. It is, truly, game changing for all Daz users.

Which brings me to my question to Howie : do you plan on making for UltraScenery a "landscape creator" able to recreate your magnificent Carrara sets (my personal favorites being Noble Pines and Valle Alpina, btw) ? Can we hope a snow feature for Christmas ? More varieties of flowers for Easter ?

Long story short : will UltraScenery fully become "Carrara for Daz3D, only better" ?

Anyway, thank you for the brilliant work !

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@HowieFarkes

Eagerly awaiting UltraScenery add-ons. All fabulous.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 759
    GreyFaun said:

Like many here (everybody, in fact !) I have fallen in love with UltraScenery. It is, truly, game changing for all Daz users.

Which brings me to my question to Howie : do you plan on making for UltraScenery a "landscape creator" able to recreate your magnificent Carrara sets (my personal favorites being Noble Pines and Valle Alpina, btw) ? Can we hope a snow feature for Christmas ? More varieties of flowers for Easter ?

Long story short : will UltraScenery fully become "Carrara for Daz3D, only better" ?

Anyway, thank you for the brilliant work !

What I would like to see is the ability to populate objects like spheres cubes and other custom objects.
  • jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 873
    edited August 2020

Just to show options, here are two of my latest landscape images, left is "Supernova", right is "Takeover" - I used the UltraScenery terrain with grassland as base and then used UltraScatter Pro script to place two of my WonderPlantZ species each on these terrains. Worked a bit on all the materials and Marshian's Parhelion HDRs gave the lighting. 

WP-SupernovaFB.jpg
    3525 x 1500 - 4M
    WP-Take-OverFB.jpg
    3525 x 1500 - 3M
    Post edited by jepegraphics on
  • DeeKayDeeKay Posts: 36

I just bought US TAO, I fixed up the references to the MAT files as described by barbult. However ecologies TAO 12 and TAO 13 still did not work. That is swap from grasslands to either of these does not change the ecology. Is this a known problem? I fixed the problem by deleting two duplicated lines at line 455 in both TA TAO 12.json and TA TAO 13.json.

Thanks for this amazing product and the shear enthusiasm of the talented artists in this thread.

This discussion has been closed.