UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• I haven't had much luck with the extended trees option, but then I have experimented with it much. Having the camera in the final location, then regenerating the US prop usually doesn't happen for me.

I would suggest that unless you're having constant issues running out of memory to just not use the "Restrict instances to camera" settings - leave it at "none" or don't use it until you have settled upon your final composition.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 759

Another one from the UltraScenery factory.

Ultra Scene 1.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 2M
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

Very Tim Burton!  Definitely something a little different.

Cheers,

Alex.

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

That is both haunting and beautiful!! Fantasticly creative render.
  • GreyFaunGreyFaun Posts: 28
    dawnblade said:

No worries here either. smiley I'll have to check out Cloudscape Creator. The only issue a couple of us have had with Gaia Skies is that we couldn't duplicate the crisp and sharp look in the promos. If you're using them in the distance you should be good.

Hello Dawnblade, I have had precisely this issue. Did you find a solution ?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331

Clever idea - looks very nice.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830

Great mood with that image

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    GreyFaun said:
    dawnblade said:

No worries here either. smiley I'll have to check out Cloudscape Creator. The only issue a couple of us have had with Gaia Skies is that we couldn't duplicate the crisp and sharp look in the promos. If you're using them in the distance you should be good.

Hello Dawnblade, I have had precisely this issue. Did you find a solution ?

Unfortunately, no. You can check this thread for some of the suggestions and see if any work for you.

• I haven't had much luck with the extended trees option, but then I have experimented with it much. Having the camera in the final location, then regenerating the US prop usually doesn't happen for me.

I would suggest that unless you're having constant issues running out of memory to just not use the "Restrict instances to camera" settings - leave it at "none" or don't use it until you have settled upon your final composition.

Hi there - I had a question about "extended licenses" for walk-throughs and such, but it may have slipped through in the traffic. Did you happen to see it? Basically it was just that I don't see the option on the US stuff, and ondered if that meant it was ok to use in a walkthrough ot that it meant that there was no extended license possible.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,939
    edited August 2020

This is interesting! The first thing that grabbed my eye was this area in the center that looks like a skull to me. That fits right into the Tim Burton theme mentioned by alexhcowley.

Skull.png
    1497 x 1001 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 759
    edited August 2020
    barbult said:

This is interesting! The first thing that grabbed my eye was this area in the center that looks like a skull to me. That fits right into the Tim Burton theme mentioned by alexhcowley.

That was completely unintentional. Although I did had a skull in that spot but later removed it because the weathered geoshell did not look good. Good eye!! Thanks to all for the comments.
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
    edited August 2020

I have created UltraScenery with Lake 3 preset and masked all of the vegetation, then exported as .OBJ

The size of the export was 37.7 MB - not that much.

Below is Daz Studio iray render of that object.

Lake3sc01pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 615K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited August 2020

I have imported .OBJ file with Lake 3 to Unity, attached it to the camera and rendered over 16 km by 16 km terrain created in Unity.

To see the scale of the Unity terrain and Lake 3 UltraScenery (64 m by 64 m), I have taken a snapshot 10.5 km away from Lake 3 object.

If you look carefully, you could spot the Lake 3 object touching one of the mountains (almost in the middle of image).

There are also visible borders of the main terrain in Unity and the tiled extensions around it.

Lake3u05at10k5.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 491K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited August 2020

Below are the other views of Lake 3 object in Unity taken from different distances.

Lake3u01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 460K
    Lake3u02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 570K
    Lake3u03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 492K
    Lake3u04.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 600K
    Post edited by Artini on

Hi there - I had a question about "extended licenses" for walk-throughs and such, but it may have slipped through in the traffic. Did you happen to see it? Basically it was just that I don't see the option on the US stuff, and ondered if that meant it was ok to use in a walkthrough ot that it meant that there was no extended license possible.

No, UltraScenery does not have an extended or interactive license. Mainly because it is in no way optimised for realtime render engines and I don't want to give the impression that it is.

edited August 2020

Lake 2, Heath & Moor 3, Deep Lake water

Lake2sc01pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 810K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Used the new Water Pack-Deep Lake water, Heath & Moor and Wasteland pack-Heath & Moor 5 and Lake 2. 

edited August 2020

Island 2, Heath & Moor 4, Ocean Green water.

How does this horizon line looks like - is it acceptable?

OceanGreen01pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 656K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited August 2020

And the same island with different sky and added extras.

OceanGreen01sc04pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 815K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited August 2020

It looks like Dirt Track 1 with Hedgerow is broken - does not scatter trees from Heath & Moor 5.

DirtTrack1sc01pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 591K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited August 2020

The above scene build with Dirt Track 1 looks better to me.

DirtTrack1sc02pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 984K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    Artini said:

It looks like Dirt Track 1 with Hedgerow is broken - does not scatter trees from Heath & Moor 5.

It's not broken. It's specifically designed to place high density trees along the side of the road. Using it with a sparsely treed ecology such as Heath & Moor will produce few if any trees. (unless they happen to coincide with the forest mask. The less dense the trees, the less likely they are to fall within the mask.) Better results will always be obtained from an ecology that has denser trees..

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    Artini said:

It's not broken. It's specifically designed to place high density trees along the side of the road. Using it with a sparsely treed ecology such as Heath & Moor will produce few if any trees. (unless they happen to coincide with the forest mask. The less dense the trees, the less likely they are to fall within the mask.) Better results will always be obtained from an ecology that has denser trees..

Hmmm I will have to play some more because I couldn't get it to work with anything but the hedgerow ecologies TAO 11 & 12.  BUT I will say I haven't had just a whole lot of time to play with it because of work the last two weeks.

Artini said:

@Artini I had an ah ha! moment.  When I seen this picture and you asked about the horizon, I thought the horizon is to dark.  Now yours is not the first picture this has happened with but for some reason it clicked this morning.  How many dark horizons do we actually see?  Not many that I know of.  So I looked up images and not hardly any especially that are gray/blue range that most are. Most are colorful to some degree, even with storms brewing.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,939
    edited August 2020

Hedgerow works fine with dense tree ecologies. Here is Dirt Track 2 Hedgerow with Harpwood 3.

Dirt Track 2 Hedgerow Harpwood 3.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084
    edited August 2020

Maybe this has already been discussed somewhere, but I’m not getting an island anywhere in lake 1. Is this a bug?

figured it out ... at 5 meters height an island appears, at 1 meter terrain height, it’s gone.

Post edited by mcorr on
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084
    daveso said:

water water 

We also need more different pathways, rivers, etc ... different debris and rocks. Complete desert with plants, cactus rocks, etc ... 
    Farms, meadows, valleys ... on and on 

Cities, YES !!!  Bigger faster ... Ultimate Ultra 

I’m also for more diverse stuff.

Artini said:

Thanks for the explanation. I din not know about its limits.

barbult said:

Hedgerow works fine with dense tree ecologies. Here is Dirt Track 2 Hedgerow with Harpwood 3.

Thanks for the example. Will be good to know what Features will work with which Ecologies.

I have naivly thought, that all Features work with all Ecologies.

Daventaki said:
    Artini said:

Hmmm I will have to play some more because I couldn't get it to work with anything but the hedgerow ecologies TAO 11 & 12.  BUT I will say I haven't had just a whole lot of time to play with it because of work the last two weeks.

Artini said:

@Artini I had an ah ha! moment.  When I seen this picture and you asked about the horizon, I thought the horizon is to dark.  Now yours is not the first picture this has happened with but for some reason it clicked this morning.  How many dark horizons do we actually see?  Not many that I know of.  So I looked up images and not hardly any especially that are gray/blue range that most are. Most are colorful to some degree, even with storms brewing.

Thanks for the comments - now, I know that it is better, to obscure the horizon line and not showing it, is the best option for me.

edited August 2020

Dirt Track 2 and Harpwood 4 came out nicely.

DirtTrack2sc03pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
This discussion has been closed.