UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,940
    RGcincy said:

Took another try at adding a road into Ultrascenery. This is a different terrain mesh than I used before. It uses a higher resolution height map which worked better than my first attempt I posted a couple of days ago. I used Mossy Hollow 3 vegetation and a separate alpha mask I had generated to keep the vegetation away from the road, shoulder, and adjacent terrain. I also took more care to match up the terrains this time. Unlike my first attempt, this one shows the UltraScene terrain with the road portion of my terrain overlayed on top. I think it turned out better.

It  looks like it fits well.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Thank you Melissa for the detailed tutorial!

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

Nature Trees Pack 4 is in fastgrab, in case someone wanted it for the add-on

• Has anyone tried exporting these materials to Blender by any of the four methods: OBJ, teleblender, DTB, Diffeo? All of these results are amazing, but I would like to use them in Blender...

Or are the materials available, or would the creator be willing to make native Blender materials avalable? That's the trend :)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331

The shader used for terrains in UltraScenery is pretty advanced and multi layered, as explained by the author,

so I doubt, it will be easy to transfer materials to Blender or any other program.

For the terrains, like UltraSceney, one need native solution for the target program.

Simple exporting will not work.

• Artini said:

The shader used for terrains in UltraScenery is pretty advanced and multi layered, as explained by the author,

so I doubt, it will be easy to transfer materials to Blender or any other program.

For the terrains, like UltraSceney, one need native solution for the target program.

I thought as much; I am really hoping for native materials.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349
    Artini said:

Given that this product makes heavy use of instancing (ie tens of thousands of them) then any script to move this to another product will need to support this as well, or you will end up with a huge amount of geometry.

• Havos said:
    Artini said:

Given that this product makes heavy use of instancing (ie tens of thousands of them) then any script to move this to another product will need to support this as well, or you will end up with a huge amount of geometry.

And Blender does. If native materials are available, or the IRay materials convert well, it'd be worth it to write a tool to be run on the Blender side, sort of the opposite of Daz's Instance to Object tool.

edited August 2020

UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard addon is in the store. It is in my cart, waiting for the price to settle.

Post edited by barbult on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

This week's budget is already allocated but tangy apple orchard is now top of next week's shopping list.

Cheers,

Alex.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    barbult said:

UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard addon is in the store. It is in my cart, waiting for the price to settle.

Ditto.

(Although I did go to bed. No need to stay up to the wee hours of the morning when I knew it would be sorted by the time I woke up…)

L'Adair said:
    barbult said:

Ditto.

(Although I did go to bed. No need to stay up to the wee hours of the morning when I knew it would be sorted by the time I woke up…)

Agreed. I did the same. It often takes hours to get all the store errors corrected. There is no use sitting and refreshing the page for hours. Just come back much later and the experience will be less frustrating. By then some of the "shiny new thing" euphoria may wear off and you can make clearer headed purchase decisions anyway. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,792
    Everyone lost in the apple orchard? Thought a few renders would up by now. I'm away from my system for a few more days so can't do
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

I picked up a couple more sets of items to use with Ultra Scenery.  With all the options now & growing, any possiblity of a preset system for USC within the UI?

Still no Firs or Pacific North West flora other than Pines so far. Is there a collection that has those, or in the works?

Would like to see:

Douglas Fir, Cedar, Ash, Walnut, Juniper, Larch, etc.

Dutchman's Britches, MorningGlory, Red Clover, Blackberry vines...

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331
    edited August 2020

Apple Orchard and Toon Princess

AppleOrchard001sc02pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 714K
    ToonPrincess02pic04.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 533K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 759
    Doc Acme said:

I picked up a couple more sets of items to use with Ultra Scenery.  With all the options now & growing, any possiblity of a preset system for USC within the UI?

Still no Firs or Pacific North West flora other than Pines so far. Is there a collection that has those, or in the works?

Would like to see:

Douglas Fir, Cedar, Ash, Walnut, Juniper, Larch, etc.

Dutchman's Britches, MorningGlory, Red Clover, Blackberry vines...

Still waiting for better looking palm trees too.
  • blosseblosse Posts: 46

ERROR

Tangy Apple Orchard 04

Could not Find File:

/runtime/Textures/TangoAlpha/USC/Plants/ta_Fern_Autumn_02.jpg

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,210

When I use Tangy Apple Orchard 12, if I go back in later to edit it, the ecology page is set to Tangy Apple Orchard 14. Should that be happening?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,035
    edited August 2020

This is my render with the Tango Alpha Orchard add-on, so many choices! And so I made it difficult for myself and had to fight with the truck and the light.

UltraScenery just keeps getting better.

Flat Tire on Way Home From Orchard.png
    1942 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
    edited August 2020

ERROR

Tangy Apple Orchard 06

Could not Find File:

/runtime/Textures/TangoAlpha/USC/Plants/tao_AppleLeaves1.jpg

Post edited by blosse on
    blosse said:

ERROR

Tangy Apple Orchard 06

Could not Find File:

My guess is that it should be /runtime/textures/TangoAlpha/TAO/tao_AppleLeaves1.jpg

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,375
    blosse said:

ERROR

Tangy Apple Orchard 06

Could not Find File:

I had an error like this as well, but uninstalled Tangy Apple Orchard (via DIM) and reinstalled and the error went away.  Your results may vary.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,792
    Gogger said:
    blosse said:

ERROR

Tangy Apple Orchard 06

Could not Find File:

I had an error like this as well, but uninstalled Tangy Apple Orchard (via DIM) and reinstalled and the error went away.  Your results may vary.

Did you redownload TAO as well?
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

Another UltraScenery + frog render:

My Prince

daveso said:
    Gogger said:
    blosse said:

ERROR

Tangy Apple Orchard 06

Could not Find File:

Did you redownload TAO as well?

I only uninstalled and reinstalled the original TAO (not the UltraScenery add on).

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830
    edited August 2020

A Tangy Apple Orchard render. Used TAO 8 ecology. This was off my laptop instead of desktop so render time was 30 minutes.

Tangy apple orchard.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 851K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
    Gogger said:
    blosse said:

ERROR

Tangy Apple Orchard 06

Could not Find File:

Did you have a DIM update for Tangy Apple Orchard? I don't see one.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    blosse said:

ERROR Tangy Apple Orchard 04 Could not Find File: /runtime/Textures/TangoAlpha/USC/Plants/ta_Fern_Autumn_02.jpg

That's a typo: ta_FernAutumn_02 should be tao_FernAutumn_02

blosse said:

ERROR Tangy Apple Orchard 06 Could not Find File: /runtime/Textures/TangoAlpha/USC/Plants/tao_AppleLeaves1.jpg

I'm not sure about that error message, but the path to that file is wrong it's currently /runtime/Textures/TangoAlpha/TAO/Plants/tao_AppleLeaves1.jpg but it should be /runtime/Textures/TangoAlpha/TAO/tao_AppleLeaves1.jpg

When I use Tangy Apple Orchard 12, if I go back in later to edit it, the ecology page is set to Tangy Apple Orchard 14. Should that be happening?

I can see this happen, but I don't know why. (Well, I know why: it puts the wrong ecology name into the USC scene Settings block. But I don't know why it's doing that. I'll need to talk it over with Howie.)

Once this last item is resolved, I'll submit a patch.

blosse said:

ERROR Tangy Apple Orchard 06 Could not Find File: /runtime/Textures/TangoAlpha/USC/Plants/tao_AppleLeaves1.jpg

I'm not sure about that error message, but the path to that file is wrong it's currently /runtime/Textures/TangoAlpha/TAO/Plants/tao_AppleLeaves1.jpg but it should be /runtime/Textures/TangoAlpha/TAO/tao_AppleLeaves1.jpg

Every picture tells a story (see Attached File)

TAO Error .jpg
    710 x 339 - 30K
    barbult said:
    Gogger said:
    blosse said:

ERROR

Tangy Apple Orchard 06

Could not Find File:

Did you have a DIM update for Tangy Apple Orchard? I don't see one.

Nope, no update. I just searched for it in DIM, selected it and started the uninstall/reinstall.

Full disclosure, I run into some issues with my library from time to time as I got a new computer last year and had to move things around as the new PC has a Solid State Drive and could not accomodate my huge library on C any longer.

This discussion has been closed.