UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    edited June 2020

Loving the recent renders, everyone! I hope to have time this evening to try out the Mossy Hollow ecologies myself.

Looking forward to the @TangoAlpha Apple Orchard one too - I believe I have all your "outdoorsy" sets, so keep the add-ons coming!

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,945
    daveso said:

NICE ! ... and I even have those tangy fields already.  Reminds me a lot of old rural areas ... now for some old falling apasrt sheds and barns. 

3dOutlaw said:

Thanks!  

One other question, do you have plans for future expansion add-on products, so that we can keep an eye on those 3rd party product sales?  Sort of like a "roadmap" of expansions?

1. Nature Trees Pack 4
    2. Mossy Hollow Botanica
    3. next?

From me, there's Tangy Apple Orchard (which is now a Daz-O, so often highly discounted...)

Test render of lining up apple trees:

Jackson's Field has some nice buildings you could add to your scene, and it costs less than $5. It is also a TangoAlpha product, so it ought to blend in well.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    3dOutlaw said:

Thanks!  

One other question, do you have plans for future expansion add-on products, so that we can keep an eye on those 3rd party product sales?  Sort of like a "roadmap" of expansions?

1. Nature Trees Pack 4
    2. Mossy Hollow Botanica
    3. next?

From me, there's Tangy Apple Orchard (which is now a Daz-O, so often highly discounted...)

Nice.  Will we be able to line the trees up like in an actual orchard?

Sevrin said:
    3dOutlaw said:

Thanks!  

1. Nature Trees Pack 4
    2. Mossy Hollow Botanica
    3. next?

Nice.  Will we be able to line the trees up like in an actual orchard?

Isn't that what is shown in the image?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,964

Keep in mind you can always go in and add instances of stuff that fits specific needs.

In some cases I've started with an UltraScenery thing, and then added UltraScatter items.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,375
    edited June 2020

Jaguar Dreams - Ultrascenery and DAZ Big Cat2 (I have another one rendering right now with OSO Furry: Jaguar) and of course StoneMason's iconic fallen tree.  Man, Ultrascenery is like a Dream-Come-True-Game-Changer!

VT_Jaguar_Dreams_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 715K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,794
    daveso said:
    scorpio said:
    fastbike1 said:

@scorpio "Sorry but I'm fed up with the mess Daz are making with this sale", " It doesn't seem to bother either the PAs "

The United States are still in pandemic and people work from home. You questions have been answered, in fact were answered before your posting. 

Your second statement is pretty insulting to @HowieFarkes. This was clearly discussed in this thread. 

Enjoy your day.

I was replying to a post from someone else. The fact that my questions were answered is totally irrelavant to the way this and other errors have been handled and the way it is, at least for me, destroying my trust in this company and loosing sales for PAs, personal attacks do not help.

I don't really see how it is insulting to Howie Fawkes as I wanted to buy his product as I am a big fan of the Ultra Scenery, but the confusion just left me fed up again that purrchasing anything is such a chore and no longer a quick straight forward process.

I'm not sure if you realise but the world is in a pandemic not just the US.

i wrote pretty much the same to DAZ customer service. its getting really old. 

barbult said:
    daveso said:

NICE ! ... and I even have those tangy fields already.  Reminds me a lot of old rural areas ... now for some old falling apasrt sheds and barns. 

3dOutlaw said:

Thanks!  

1. Nature Trees Pack 4
    2. Mossy Hollow Botanica
    3. next?

Jackson's Field has some nice buildings you could add to your scene, and it costs less than $5. It is also a TangoAlpha product, so it ought to blend in well.

ah yes. I have that one too :)

Gogger said:

Jaguar Dreams - Ultrascenery and DAZ Big Cat2 (I have another one rendering right now with OSO Furry: Jaguar) and of course StoneMason's iconic fallen tree.  Man, Ultrascenery is like a Dream-Come-True-Game-Changer!

this is nice. We need a big like or something, sort of how the gallery handles it. 

daveso said:
    Gogger said:

this is nice. We need a big like or something, sort of how the gallery handles it. 

Thanks, I'll be putting the OSO Furry version in the Gallery as soon as it is done cooking.

Gogger said:

Really good. I'll watch for the next one, too.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    edited June 2020

I love your jaguar, Gogger! Makes my man-in-a-boat seem pretty tame. Still I enjoyed my first outing with the new add-on anyway.

USC-Mossy-Hollow-1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 767K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • 41cessna41cessna Posts: 22

Gogger, that is an amazing render.

MelanieL said:

I love your jaguar, Gogger! Makes my man-in-a-boat seem pretty tame. Still I enjoyed my first outing with the new add-on anyway.

He better watch out. We know what is ahead on that river in jaguar country.

barbult said:
    MelanieL said:

He better watch out. We know what is ahead on that river in jaguar country.

Best to let sleeping jaguars be.  I'm sure the jungle is big enough for both though.  :)

• Howdy!

So, the new add-ons brought this product to my attention and after reading the first dozen pages of this thread, I decided to go ahead and buy the core product.  Today I tried to play with it.  Alas, when I try to launch the script, I get an error.

I do manual installs; it's what I'm used to. (And honestly, I only have internet at home now because COVID closed all the libraries and Timmy's.)

Anyway, here's a copy of the Log:

2020-06-20 15:33:10.291 Loading script: F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Environments/Iray/Landscapes/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse
    2020-06-20 15:33:10.313 WARNING: Script Error: Line 373
    2020-06-20 15:33:10.313 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: DsFileSystem
    2020-06-20 15:33:10.322 WARNING: Stack Trace:
    <anonymous>()@F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Environments/Iray/Landscapes/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse:373
    2020-06-20 15:33:10.323 Error in script execution: F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Environments/Iray/Landscapes/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse
    2020-06-20 15:33:13.438 Loading script: F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Environments/Iray/Landscapes/UltraScenery/User Guide.dsa
    2020-06-20 15:33:13.608 Script executed successfully: F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Environments/Iray/Landscapes/UltraScenery/User Guide.dsa
    2020-06-20 15:33:38.919 Loading script: F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Environments/Iray/Landscapes/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse
    2020-06-20 15:33:38.941 WARNING: Script Error: Line 373
    2020-06-20 15:33:38.941 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: DsFileSystem
    2020-06-20 15:33:38.941 WARNING: Stack Trace:
    <anonymous>()@F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Environments/Iray/Landscapes/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse:373
    2020-06-20 15:33:38.941 Error in script execution: F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Environments/Iray/Landscapes/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse

Please help!

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126

Looking at what DIM installs - there's no 'Iray' in the path. Just 'Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery' so - where did the 'Iray' come from?

• namffuak said:

Looking at what DIM installs - there's no 'Iray' in the path. Just 'Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery' so - where did the 'Iray' come from?

Ah, that's my manual set up.  I split things into "Iray" and "3Delight" folders because I work with both and I'd get mixed up about what worked where.  But of course scripts are finicky...  eine moment, bitte.

<<Elevator Music>>

And that was it.  Having a random "Landscapes" folder floating around is mildly annoying, but I can live with it.  Given that I had the same issue with RSSY's Iray/3DL converter scripts, I probably should have thought of that.

Thank you, namffuak!  Good eye!

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126
    namffuak said:

Ah, that's my manual set up.  I split things into "Iray" and "3Delight" folders because I work with both and I'd get mixed up about what worked where.  But of course scripts are finicky...  eine moment, bitte.

<<Elevator Music>>

And that was it.  Having a random "Landscapes" folder floating around is mildly annoying, but I can live with it.  Given that I had the same issue with RSSY's Iray/3DL converter scripts, I probably should have thought of that.

Thank you, namffuak!  Good eye!

Glad I could help.

• golem841golem841 Posts: 127

Hi all,

I'm pretty excited to show off my (hopefully) next product - UltraScenery. Think of it like UltraTrees but for entire landscapes. Use procedural noise and/or heightmaps to generate the terrain, select features such as rivers, ponds, roads and tracks then choose an "Ecology" to cover the terrain in vegetaion and rocks etc.

A sample of generated landscapes are below :)

** Things to try if UltraScenery is not working for you **

• Install UltraScenery via DIM instead of SmartContent
    • Ensure Instance Optimization in the render settings is set to "Memory" or maybe "Auto" but definitely not "Speed"
    • Use a viewport renderer other than "Nvida Iray"
    • Uninstall Ocatane Render (if convenient) - Octane Render has for some people caused freezes and/or extremely long processing times for UltraScenery
    • Getting a big stack of plants and props in the very center of the scene - that also can be caused by Octane Render and can be resolved by uninstalling Octane.

*** UltraScenery - Pines ***

UltraScenery - Pines has been released... unfortunately the store page is currently showing "Mossy Hollow Botanica" as a required product and that is incorrect. The set requires "Nature Trees Pack 4" by Andrey Pestryakov. *UPDATE* Store page looks like it has been fixed.

Stunning stuff  as always!

I'm literally breaking the bank with all your products ! Even if It seems that Daz-studio is rapidly choking with vegetation instancing.

FOR ULTRA TREE : Keep adding species please !

For "my real pleasure" it would be, the so called "native vegetation" from north to south europe.

Betula Alba 

Pinus sylvestris

Pinus Nigra ;

Castanea Sativa

Corylus Avellana or in fact any kind of Betulacea of good resolution

There are still some minor bugs but it works very correctly given the complexity of this kind of program.

It would be great if you could add :

- a little more choice of Barks and Foliages

- A "button" to choose the AGE of the tree

- And another to choose the desired RESOLUTION (Foreground/Background)

FOR ULTRA SCATTER PRO

It would be great to find a way to connect it with Ultra Tree, so as to have a bit of variation in instances of plants. I absolutely don't know if it's feasible.

AND if you could make a TERRAIN GENERATOR, with erosion, And the ability to modify it with a brush (sort of advanced "mesh grabber?)

Last I'm yet to be convinced by most of the grasses sold here : most of them are too "golf grass" like and John Deere colored... I would like more adventices (is it used in English ?)  stinging nettles, wild brambles  or what ever of these I keep removing form my little vegetable garden one by one without any chemicals

That's all for today !

(And probably too much work for you ....)

To contextualize, my "jardin potager"  was built in the late 1500, there are terraces with what they call  "cyclopean" built walls : enormous "pebbles" assembled by hand, an irrigation system with "Béals", the water come in them from a small torrent nearby.

It took us 2 years to restore it and in 2 more years, it will be a real historical "cevenol" garden.

We have a very small orchard of fruit trees apples, cherries, pears an apricot tree with fruits some time (it's a bit too cold here) we had to use a jackhammer to be able to plant them correctly.

When it's finished. I plan to buy and restore a small chestnut orchard, cutting and grafting the trees. That's really hard here to find someone accepting to sell his ancestors acres, event if it's mostly left unused and degrading slowly.

Since I lived until 3 years ago, in different European very big cities. I can confirm that  digital planting is much more easy !

Thank you

Yves

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331
    edited June 2020

You could achieve erosion on the terrain via a custom height maps.

What is more important to me, is getting water from UltraScenery to appear, when using custom height maps.

Generally more tools or features when using custom height maps will be very important for me.

Post edited by Artini on
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912

I would still like to see if a procedural forest fire is feasable. Burnt trees and grass, stumps, maybe flames used as part of the grass and a blackened ground texture. We have some firemen and a fire truck to put out the fire.

edited June 2020

If you do not have any program, that could create height maps, you could get cheaply:

https://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro

and begin creating terrains and export height maps, to make different UltraScenery you like...

Bryce7.jpg
    1093 x 752 - 197K
    Spiral04sc03pic01.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 359K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited June 2020

Another Daz Studio iray render of UltraScenery made from height map created in Bryce 7.

... and with MossyHollow vegetation.

ter107sc02pic01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 797K
    ter107sc03pic01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on

I have Bryce ... will need to load it up. 

edited June 2020

I have a lot of fun creating different height maps in Bryce and then rendering in Daz Studio UltraScenery made out of them.

ter122sc03pic01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 728K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited June 2020
    daveso said:

I have Bryce ... will need to load it up. 

Great.

Do not forget, that you could change the resolution of the generated height map in Bryce,

by clicking on the "array of dots" (marked with red arrow) and choosing the output resolution.

MapResolution1.jpg
    1097 x 1041 - 88K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056

I was wondering if you had made your other map in Bryce when I borrowed it cheeky

hint, you can also do them in Carrara if you grab that on sale

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Artini said:

If you do not have any program, that could create height maps, you could get cheaply:

I may have to learn how to use Bryce now. It's been on my computer for more than five years, but I always felt intimidated by the interface.

I have created height maps in Photoshop, though. I create a black layer and a white layer with a mask, and I paint my changes on the mask. Looking at your work above, I can see the Bryce height map is much better.

I was wondering if you had made your other map in Bryce when I borrowed it cheeky

hint, you can also do them in Carrara if you grab that on sale

Yes, the previous map was also made in Bryce.

edited June 2020
    L'Adair said:
    Artini said:

I may have to learn how to use Bryce now. It's been on my computer for more than five years, but I always felt intimidated by the interface.

I have created height maps in Photoshop, though. I create a black layer and a white layer with a mask, and I paint my changes on the mask. Looking at your work above, I can see the Bryce height map is much better.

Thanks for the comments, L'Adair.

If you need some help to get you started in Bryce, look at

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/bryce/start

where you will find 1253 pages long Bryce 7 Artist Guide

Post edited by Artini on
This discussion has been closed.