UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331
    edited June 2020

Congratulations @DMax on your render. I would also add, if you can't afford everything now, to wishlist the others and when the PA Sale comes around later this year, you should be able to pick them up on a nice sale.

@Stormlyght, small is nice, but you are right, large is fantastic. I loved the glow.

Someone put a link to the Tangram Heightmapper site and I downloaded some that I have used. I am attaching three, two which are almost the same, but were of the Cherry Creek area of Denver CO and the other near Golden CO at the foothills of the Rockies.

Mary

Thanks Mary.

Quick render of UltraScenery made with one of the maps, you have posted.

Virginia01g02x01sc01pic03.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 871K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606
    blosse said:

I have all the UltraScenery products and used DIM to install. I'm running version 1.1.0 of UltraScenery.

Any scene I try to create with Woodland 4 gives me an error reading file see log.

2020-06-22 02:06:41.765 WARNING: Script Error: Line 425
    2020-06-22 02:06:41.765 WARNING: SyntaxError: Unable to parse JSON string
    2020-06-22 02:06:41.765 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@N:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ultrascenecreator.dse:425
    2020-06-22 02:06:41.765 Error in script execution: N:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ultrascenecreator.dse

When UltraScenery was first released I did not get this error, I could create scenes using Woodland 4 but, now after updates and add-ons it does not work when I try to create a scene with Woodland 4. I've already tried reinstallng UltraScenery but that has not fixed this problem.

Have found a typo in that ecology json, fixed and submitting to Daz now.

blosse said:

I have all the UltraScenery products and used DIM to install. I'm running version 1.1.0 of UltraScenery.

Any scene I try to create with Woodland 4 gives me an error reading file see log.

2020-06-22 02:06:41.765 WARNING: Script Error: Line 425
    2020-06-22 02:06:41.765 WARNING: SyntaxError: Unable to parse JSON string
    2020-06-22 02:06:41.765 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@N:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ultrascenecreator.dse:425
    2020-06-22 02:06:41.765 Error in script execution: N:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ultrascenecreator.dse

When UltraScenery was first released I did not get this error, I could create scenes using Woodland 4 but, now after updates and add-ons it does not work when I try to create a scene with Woodland 4. I've already tried reinstallng UltraScenery but that has not fixed this problem.

Thanks for the fix.

edited June 2020

After further refining in Bryce, of the map posted by Mary.

Virginia01g02x01ed03sc02pic02.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 731K
    Virginia01g02x01ed03sc02pic03.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 738K
    Virginia01g02x01ed03sc02pic04.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 754K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • DMaxDMax Posts: 637

Thank you very much! <3

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited June 2020
    barbult said:

Tangy Apple Orchard is included in the PC+ sale today. An extra discount makes it super cheap for anybody who needs to get it for the upcoming TangoAlpha expansion pack.

What is this expansion you speak of...? 

I would love for current expansion add-ons and future expansion news be posted on post #1.  Been trying to keep up, but seems I am missing posts  ;-)  

EDIT:  Just found the past a few pages back...and it was in response to me, lol!  oh well.  In the cart and going to checkout!

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,945
    UltraScenery must be the most frequently maintained, updated, and expanded product in the store. That's great!
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,794
    barbult said:
    UltraScenery must be the most frequently maintained, updated, and expanded product in the store. That's great!

probably one of the most dynamic products. Flexible and changing. I can't remember anything else that is modularized quite like this. Maybe Terradome .. but a totally different concept. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    edited June 2020

Ultra Tree, Ultra Scatter Pro, Ultra Scenery...no post, just the raw render ;).

Laurie

Medieval.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 304K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

UltraNice!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,129
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

Wow!

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

Wonderful!

AllenArt said:

Laurie

zowie this is fine heart

edited June 2020

RESTRICT INSTANCES TO CAMERA - what does that mean exactly? what is the field of view effected? I have a scen rendering right now, but it appears even things in the shot are gone. The left half of scen dense, the right nearly empty other than a few trees. 

mossy hollow restrict instances to camera 1 resized small.jpg
    800 x 533 - 237K
    Post edited by daveso on
    daveso said:

RESTRICT INSTANCES TO CAMERA - what does that mean exactly? what is the field of view effected? I have a scen rendering right now, but it appears even things in the shot are gone. The left half of scen dense, the right nearly empty other than a few trees. 

It restricts the instances to the field of view of the selected camera. In my experience, it helped a lot to save system resources (quick previews and little or no memory lag) as I am working on a Mac laptop. Large trees are not affected by this option and will always appear in your scene.

DMax said:
    daveso said:

It restricts the instances to the field of view of the selected camera. In my experience, it helped a lot to save system resources (quick previews and little or no memory lag) as I am working on a Mac laptop. Large trees are not affected by this option and will always appear in your scene.

so in this scene, it restricted even in the field of view. or maybe the focal lenghth or whatever ..the closeup is OK, but not the distant areas. I'll have to play around a bit to see how its affected. The render time decreased a lot though. 

edited June 2020

Just Wow, AllenArt

Post edited by Artini on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    daveso said:
    DMax said:
    daveso said:

so in this scene, it restricted even in the field of view. or maybe the focal lenghth or whatever ..the closeup is OK, but not the distant areas. I'll have to play around a bit to see how its affected. The render time decreased a lot though. 

There is a drop-down of the cameras to choose from. While this may not have been your issue, I can see where it would be easy to select the wrong camera and have the instances in the wrong place. Also, I haven't tested it, but I wonder what happens if you use that option but leave the camera selection at None? (My curiosity is strong. I must go test this now! lol)

I wait until I've got the scene set up, (yeah, all but two of those have been wips that never saw the light of day…,) and then rerun the script with that option on. I've also learned to pull the camera out slightly first, rerun the script, and zoom the camera back in the same amount. I don't know if Howie has addressed that yet or not, but it literal takes seconds to do, so I still do it.

edited June 2020

I have created UltraScenery with the custom height map made in Bryce,

and used Harpwood 2, but the trees has not showed up on the render,

despite being visible in the scene preview.

How is it possible?

ter205sc04pic01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 673K
    ter205sc04pic01scr02.jpg
    1411 x 983 - 271K
    Post edited by Artini on
    L'Adair said:
    daveso said:
    DMax said:
    daveso said:

There is a drop-down of the cameras to choose from. While this may not have been your issue, I can see where it would be easy to select the wrong camera and have the instances in the wrong place. Also, I haven't tested it, but I wonder what happens if you use that option but leave the camera selection at None? (My curiosity is strong. I must go test this now! lol)

I wait until I've got the scene set up, (yeah, all but two of those have been wips that never saw the light of day…,) and then rerun the script with that option on. I've also learned to pull the camera out slightly first, rerun the script, and zoom the camera back in the same amount. I don't know if Howie has addressed that yet or not, but it literal takes seconds to do, so I still do it.

thanks..yes, I think it was the camera choice...i was using only perspective, and now added a camera...total different result. Its looking very nice laugh .. still rendering. 
    I'm thinking about this also ... rendering the closeup, but then doing another scene with a more distant render ..then merging them in image program. It would be even nicer, although render time would be long, to be aqble to generate multiple scenes in one shot ... so like a 2 deep or even 2x2. I'm sure that owuld crash most systems though. 

OK ..here restricted to actual camera instead of perspective camera. made all the difference in the world. now to work on background. i dont remember if i selected to extend. will try that 1st. 

mossy hollow restrict instances to camera 1 -C small.jpg
    800 x 533 - 269K
    daveso said:

OK ..here restricted to actual camera instead of perspective camera. made all the difference in the world. now to work on background. i dont remember if i selected to extend. will try that 1st. 

Looking good! And oh so humid :P

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@Artini, TBH, it looks you don't actually have the required The Harpwood Trail for Daz Studio. Or it isn't installed, if you do. We saw the same thing from others who bought the Pines addon, but didn't have the required Pines product.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,359

The required list for the various addons can be very confusing. It would be great if there is a definitive A to Z list off all the addons and their requirements.

edited June 2020

The required list for the various addons can be very confusing. It would be great if there is a definitive A to Z list off all the addons and their requirements.

Yes it is rather daunting to figure out the add-ons and requirements. Coincidentally, we were just discussing this very subject yesterday and @barbult had some very precious insights. For a good starting point, see the post towards the bottom half of page 45 of this thread.

Post edited by DMax on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    daveso said:

Beautiful! yes  The restricted camera view is a really nice feature. if you move the camera though, you just have to remember to select the parent object in the scene tab, and build again to include the grass, plants, rocks, etc. that weren't in the previous camera view.

daveso said:

That is really coming along nicely. What is that gray band between the land and the clouds? Is your horizon too high and that is the bottom of the HDRI? I've struggled with that kind of issue. I'm not yet sure of the best solution.

• AllenArt said:

Laurie

I really like what you've done here. There's a very good sense of "place". Feels very natural. Good render!

barbult said:

That is really coming along nicely. What is that gray band between the land and the clouds? Is your horizon too high and that is the bottom of the HDRI? I've struggled with that kind of issue. I'm not yet sure of the best solution.

Does it work if you were to Y-translate the HDRI within the Environment map? When such issues crop up, I usually either translate or rotate and it usually solves the problem, mine at least! :P

• edited June 2020

I really am beginning to think you can't go wrong with an UltraScenery scene combined with an Orestes HDRI and a Daz animal. I'm really enjoying rendering again, just rediscovering things in my old runtime libraries. 

Elephants copy.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 622K
    Post edited by kennrowe_f558b276d6 on
This discussion has been closed.