UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606
    3dOutlaw said:

BTW, is it Mossy Hollow Creek or Botanica?

Mossy Hollow Botanica is the required product.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited June 2020
    3dOutlaw said:

Botanica. Creek is an extention to Botanica and is well worth buying if your budget will run to it.

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

Thanks!  

One other question, do you have plans for future expansion add-on products, so that we can keep an eye on those 3rd party product sales?  Sort of like a "roadmap" of expansions?

1. Nature Trees Pack 4
    2. Mossy Hollow Botanica
    3. next?
  • HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606
    3dOutlaw said:

Thanks!  

One other question, do you have plans for future expansion add-on products, so that we can keep an eye on those 3rd party product sales?  Sort of like a "roadmap" of expansions?

1. Nature Trees Pack 4
    2. Mossy Hollow Botanica
    3. next?

I do not have any more upcoming or planned add-ons at the moment that have requirements beyond the UltraScenery base product itself.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331
    edited June 2020

Close Encounter II

isleMH01sc05pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 819K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • JackReasonJackReason Posts: 144

I have an old Macbook Pro, 2013. 1 1/2 hour render...

Mossy.jpg
    1024 x 700 - 1000K
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    Artini said:
    Daventaki said:
    dawnblade said:
    dawnblade said:

Instances to Objects is in the Platinum Club for a Day sale for $1.99! You can use it to convert some of the instances that UltraScenery creates into objects, if you want to apply different mats/shaders. smiley

So I tried Instances to Objects, but no matter which instances I select, the results are that all instances vanish, gone from the Scene tab too. Perhaps it will be updated in the near future, as it was updated for UltraScatter. Has anyone tried it successfully or InstaEdit?

@dawnblade - I have successfully used InstaEdit to break groups into separate instances and successfully used Mesh Grabber on them.  It will forewarn you that there are many instances to be done and how many it will be.

That is the problem with InstaEdit for me - it only works on all instances at once, but not on a particular one,

so you get a heavy scene, after such editing.

Hmm shouldn't be that intensive I open the instances group and select say the first instance listed (or whatever your trying to edit) "USC Objects USC Grass Patch 01 IG Instances 1" when I run InstaEdit on it, it created 400 nodes for me to work on. Of course thats not to practical if you plan to do a bunch of editing but if you only want to do some sections its not to bad. When I did It I just wanted to change some coloring on the grass in a certain area so I only did 1 section.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,794

I'm really trying not to be a PITA ... but how do I get Ultrascenery Pines to be recognized by the main script? 
    I've uninstalled/reinstalled at least 10 times, updated metadata multitudes of times, deleted the entire product from DIM, rebooted my computer 3 or 4 times, etc etc etc. The product has been installed by DIM in the exact same folder and locations as all the others products in USC in both smart cantent and content libray ... but no pines show in the Ultrascenery Creator ecology tab. I do have the Nature Trees PAck 4 installed as well. It is in the PROPS folder and in Products -N within Content Library

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    3dOutlaw said:

Thanks!  

1. Nature Trees Pack 4
    2. Mossy Hollow Botanica
    3. next?

I do not have any more upcoming or planned add-ons at the moment that have requirements beyond the UltraScenery base product itself.

Thanks @HowieFarkes, I went ahead and got the latest, and also Pines (though I'll need to wait on a sale for the nature pack)

Is there any reason for me to install Pines yet, without the nature pack? 

daveso said:

I'm really trying not to be a PITA ... but how do I get Ultrascenery Pines to be recognized by the main script? 
    I've uninstalled/reinstalled at least 10 times, updated metadata multitudes of times, deleted the entire product from DIM, rebooted my computer 3 or 4 times, etc etc etc. The product has been installed by DIM in the exact same folder and locations as all the others products in USC in both smart cantent and content libray ... but no pines show in the Ultrascenery Creator ecology tab. I do have the Nature Trees PAck 4 installed as well. It is in the PROPS folder and in Products -N within Content Library

Look under Content Library/Enviroments/Landscapes/UltraScenery/Ecologies/  scroll down there should be 7 ecologies there that says USC Pines 1, USC Pines 2 etc...

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    daveso said:

You say you uninstalled/reinstalled - just the Pines product, or did you try reinstalling the UltraScenery base product too? I read somewhere that another user hadn't updated to the latest version and had some problems as a result. (Of course, if you are fully up-to-date then this doesn't help at all)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,367

What exactly are the required products for the new set. The promo page only lists https://www.daz3d.com/nature-trees-pack-4

is that all thats needed, and if I don't have that what problems will I face?

Daventaki said:
    daveso said:

Look under Content Library/Enviroments/Landscapes/UltraScenery/Ecologies/  scroll down there should be 7 ecologies there that says USC Pines 1, USC Pines 2 etc...

I see all the ecologies other than the pines. 

usc1 no pines.jpg
    413 x 884 - 69K
    usc2 no pines.jpg
    238 x 537 - 33K
    scorpio said:

What exactly are the required products for the new set. The promo page only lists https://www.daz3d.com/nature-trees-pack-4

Today's pack (Ultrascenery - Mossy Hollow) doesn't need the pines at all, it needs Mossy Hollow Botanica.

The one from Tuesday (Ultrascenery - Pines) needs that Nature Trees Pack 4 product - if you don;t have that (I don't) then the landscapes will still build with proxy trees in all the right places, but when you render there will be a lack of pine trees (just blank spaces).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,945
    edited June 2020
    daveso said:

Daventaki said:
    daveso said:

@daveso, outside of Daz Studio, use your operating system file explorer to look in the Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery/Ecologies folder in your content library folder. You should see a folder for each ecology. Do you see the USC Pines 01 through USC Pines 07 folders? If so, open one of the folders. Do you see some json,duf, and png files?

What version of UltraSceneCreator script are you running? The version number is near the top of the window when you run the script.

Post edited by barbult on

@daveso You can look in DIM to see where something installed.  Go to the Installed tab and find the product you want to look at, click on it once to highlight it.  At the bottom right theres a check box to show details click it. A box should show in the window and at the bottom of the listed info click the Show File List button.  It will bring up a list of the files, look to make sure its going to the correct location where USC is installed.  Image attached for reference if you need it.

Image1.jpg
    1009 x 1008 - 1M
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    3dOutlaw said:

Mossy Hollow Botanica

Artini said:

Another amazing extension to UltraScenery - https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--mossy-hollow

Wonderful! Is this solely from the product? Haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,367
    MelanieL said:
    scorpio said:

Today's pack (Ultrascenery - Mossy Hollow) doesn't need the pines at all, it needs Mossy Hollow Botanica.

The one from Tuesday (Ultrascenery - Pines) needs that Nature Trees Pack 4 product - if you don;t have that (I don't) then the landscapes will still build with proxy trees in all the right places, but when you render there will be a lack of pine trees (just blank spaces).

Err this is really confusing the promo page shows the one from today needs the pines. 

@daveso: There was a fairly recent update to the base product. If that wasn't installed, it could account for the problem you're experiencing.

I'm not at my computer so I'm not sure of the version number you should see when you launch UltraScenery. Anyone know?

Daventaki said:
    daveso said:

barbult said:
    daveso said:

Daventaki said:
    daveso said:

@daveso, outside of Daz Studio, use your operating system file explorer to look in the Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery/Ecologies folder in your content library folder. You should see a folder for each ecology. Do you see the USC Pines 01 through USC Pines 07 folders? If so, open one of the folders. Do you see some json,duf, and png files?

What version of UltraSceneCreator script are you running? The version number is near the top of the window when you run the script.

somehow its installing to thew directory created by DAZ Central..which I had all straightened out, I thought. What a mess in this thing. I think I'm just going to uninstall my entire DAZ installation ..but I only have a 512gig SSD, so do not want any data or product files there at all ...only the actuall program files. 

Daventaki said:

@daveso You can look in DIM to see where something installed.  Go to the Installed tab and find the product you want to look at, click on it once to highlight it.  At the bottom right theres a check box to show details click it. A box should show in the window and at the bottom of the listed info click the Show File List button.  It will bring up a list of the files, look to make sure its going to the correct location where USC is installed.  Image attached for reference if you need it.

thanks ..yeah, its inn the wrong place. will try to move it, but I need to straighten out my install directories again. its a mess for sure. It hought it was all good. weird that some stuff goes to my custom directories and others go to the directories set up by DAZ Central ... which I had deleted when it didn;t even recognize Daz Studio being installed. 

daveso said:

Daventaki said:
    daveso said:

barbult said:
    daveso said:

Daventaki said:
    daveso said:

somehow its installing to thew directory created by DAZ Central..which I had all straightened out, I thought. What a mess in this thing. I think I'm just going to uninstall my entire DAZ installation ..but I only have a 512gig SSD, so do not want any data or product files there at all ...only the actuall program files. 

Before you go to that extent, launch UltraScenery and tell us which version it is. The version number is near top right I believe.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,035

@daveso, even though I had downloaded the last update to the base product, when I went to use it yesterday, it would not work. Someone told me to uninstall and reinstall the base product. After that, it worked. Something else you may want to look at, is at the bottom of the Product Listing for the 'U' ? See if there is a product waiting for manual install within DS. I have been having a lot of issues of that. DIM installs, but products somehow do not actually installl or update in the program.

scorpio said:
    MelanieL said:
    scorpio said:

Err this is really confusing the promo page shows the one from today needs the pines. 

What MelanieL said. For these two products, ignore the product pages completely for now and go with the titles: you won't see pine trees in a mossy jungle so buy Mossy Hollow Botanica if you want a jungle.

You won't see a jungle in a forest of pine trees so buy  Nature Trees Pack 4 if you want a forest of pines.

Daventaki said:
    Artini said:
    Daventaki said:
    dawnblade said:
    dawnblade said:

Instances to Objects is in the Platinum Club for a Day sale for $1.99! You can use it to convert some of the instances that UltraScenery creates into objects, if you want to apply different mats/shaders. smiley

So I tried Instances to Objects, but no matter which instances I select, the results are that all instances vanish, gone from the Scene tab too. Perhaps it will be updated in the near future, as it was updated for UltraScatter. Has anyone tried it successfully or InstaEdit?

@dawnblade - I have successfully used InstaEdit to break groups into separate instances and successfully used Mesh Grabber on them.  It will forewarn you that there are many instances to be done and how many it will be.

That is the problem with InstaEdit for me - it only works on all instances at once, but not on a particular one,

so you get a heavy scene, after such editing.

Hmm shouldn't be that intensive I open the instances group and select say the first instance listed (or whatever your trying to edit) "USC Objects USC Grass Patch 01 IG Instances 1" when I run InstaEdit on it, it created 400 nodes for me to work on. Of course thats not to practical if you plan to do a bunch of editing but if you only want to do some sections its not to bad. When I did It I just wanted to change some coloring on the grass in a certain area so I only did 1 section.

Thank you, that is what I was hoping I could use it for, just to change a few trees' colors.

thanks everyone for the help./.. i was getting wonky for sure on this one. 

I have version 1.1 of Ultrascenery. 

So uninstalled and reinstalled to my custom path ... I have no idea why the other paths came back again ..Interesting that some other stuff got installed to wrong directory as well, but it shows in DS and works, but the USC script cannot find the stuff. 

So now I'm going to go in and delete all the default directories and paths ...and will need to reinstall the products that are in there. My entire DS installation is a mess as far as files and folders. 

OH ..CHECK THIS - - - PINES !!! I just wnated to render some pines ... and now to actually try to create something :)    
    PINES - OH MY

Thanks again for the help. 

pines oh my.png
    1500 x 1500 - 4M
    scorpio said:
    MelanieL said:
    scorpio said:

Absolutely true: they managed to get the two product the wrong way round! I believe HowieFarkes was trying to get it fixed, but don't know whether it got done yet.

daveso said:

So uninstalled and reinstalled to my custom path ... I have no idea why the other paths came back again ..Interesting that some other stuff got installed to wrong directory as well, but it shows in DS and works, but the USC script cannot find the stuff. 

So now I'm going to go in and delete all the default directories and paths ...and will need to reinstall the products that are in there. My entire DS installation is a mess as far as files and folders. 

OH ..CHECK THIS - - - PINES !!! I just wnated to render some pines ... and now to actually try to create something :)    
    PINES - OH MY

Yippee! Glad you got it sorted. (Sounds like avoiding Daz Central is a smart move.)

daveso said:

PINES - OH MY

YAY! So happy for you! smileyyes

This discussion has been closed.