Starion's WIP and test thread

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

Fun with 3Delight. I'm going to reboot Windows XP before the video driver crashes.

Deco_club_01.jpg
    767 x 576 - 120K
    edited May 2014

Here is a newer version with some materials and lights adjusted. I forgot to fix David 3's pose.

Memory usage: ~1.32 GB the last time I checked.

Deco_club_01.jpg
    492 x 576 - 99K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

continuation of an old scene with Will Dupree's products that I posted in another thread.

Memory usage: ~ 650 MB.

I'll add another character later. Right now I'm so sleepy.

catgirl_4.jpg
    936 x 576 - 136K
    edited December 1969

The dual-core Pentium is slow. Hopefully I can buy a 3.4 GHz i5 processor soon.

computer_specs.jpg
    497 x 224 - 18K
    Josie_level_17.jpg
    500 x 650 - 50K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

The dual-core Pentium is slow. Hopefully I can buy a 3.4 GHz i5 processor soon.

nice renders
    wow a old Gateway - you been using it a long time

edited December 1969

Thanks bigh.

Josie for Kids 4 and Genesis 2.

I forgot to put shoes on Kids 4.

Josie_2.jpg
    492 x 576 - 132K
    edited May 2014

Kids wearing high heeled shoes of all things.

Memory usage: ~ 1.4 GB. I forgot the exact figures.

Lana_Julie_01.jpg
    492 x 576 - 89K
    edited December 1969

This scene uses about 675 - 700 MB? wow. I didn't even load the dress or purse for Onyx.

The details look blurry because I forgot to lower the shading rate.

catgirl_stockings_1_green.jpg
    524 x 576 - 93K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm just curious, what part of every item you load, as in gloves, shoes, corset and bow has a different mesh count so the item can have details, that equals more RAM by itself, the more mesh the more RAM, and then each item has a texture or textures, the more details the larger the texture file equals more RAM, and then the items may have multiple textures as well, such as Bump maps and other maps all loaded, which is more Ram for those do you find so fascinating? Just because an item is small in the viewport has nothing at all to do with how much detail is in the mesh nor a thing to do with the textures all of which take RAM. Some very small items will use large amounts of RAM because the Artist designed them to be very detailed for close up renders. I'm just wondering if you take things like that into account when you appear to be amazed at the file size of some scenes so often.

edited December 1969

On the topic of closeups I will render some more closeups of feet and shoes. :lol: Come to think of it, I never did render a closeup of the elite skin textures.

The only reason that I'm measuring the RAM usage is that Windows 32 bit limits the amount of memory it provides to each process.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

On the topic of closeups I will render some more closeups of feet and shoes. :lol: Come to think of it, I never did render a closeup of the elite skin textures.

The only reason that I'm measuring the RAM usage is that Windows 32 bit limits the amount of memory it provides to each process.

Ah yes 32 bit is a pita when it comes the 3D. I understand the reason now.
    edited June 2014

Young teen Julie comparison. I'm going to redo this whole scene after lunch.

Julie_comparison_01.jpg
    936 x 576 - 232K
    edited December 1969

Quick test render of Justin, Lora for young teens and Aven.

teens_01.jpg
    800 x 600 - 46K
    edited December 1969

Dwarf Lana in bikini

dwarf_lana_01.jpg
    524 x 576 - 126K
    edited May 2014

Daz Studio is stuck on optimizing images. I need to read Misty's thread at: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41145/

All I did was load the above scene and then I added Justin and some clothes. I did not load a bunch of trees and a few other high polygon objects.

The strange thing is TDLmake.exe isn't running according to the Windows task manager.

daz_studio_5.jpg
    356 x 160 - 18K
    edited December 1969

ok, this is more like it. Now I need to learn how to edit textures to change the texture of the Japanese school skirt.

dwarf_lana_01.jpg
    524 x 576 - 133K
    edited December 1969

playing around with the Cabaret bundle. Next time I will render a larger image and I'll fix Justin's pose.

Cabarett_open_office.jpg
    526 x 578 - 169K
    edited December 1969

I just remembered that I have a dynamic kilt for Michael 4
    http://www.daz3d.com/modern-kilt

This scene uses about 2.7 to 3 GB of memory.

memory.jpg
    412 x 459 - 49K
    teens_01.jpg
    800 x 600 - 47K
    edited May 2014

After school 2 does not fit Teen Ashley. I need to learn how to transfer the morphs to the clothes or otherwise fit the clothes using Studio 4. The adjustment morphs that come with After school 2 don't work well nor do they support morphs++ for V4.

edt: I can apply a smoothing modifier to the clothes. Cool. Now I just need to fix her hair.

after_school_2.jpg
    531 x 583 - 104K
    after_school.jpg
    530 x 582 - 98K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,408
    edited December 1969

After school 2 does not fit Teen Ashley. I need to learn how to transfer the morphs to the clothes or otherwise fit the clothes using Studio 4. The adjustment morphs that come with After school 2 don't work well nor do they support morphs++ for V4.

edt: I can apply a smoothing modifier to the clothes. Cool. Now I just need to fix her hair.

Do a spot render of the neck area. The "hair issue" is likely just a result of the transparency maps used on the hair. It should render fine.
    edited December 1969

Hi, you are right. Now I'm going to play with the composition of the scene again.

Ashey_school_girl_01.jpg
    524 x 576 - 109K
    edited May 2014

I need to find a longer skirt for Victoria 4/Ashley.

Ashley_school_02.jpg
    524 x 576 - 101K
    edited December 1969

I need to find a longer skirt for Victoria 4/Ashley.
    Why? ;-P
    edited May 2014

1. she can't go to church / temple dressed like that
    2. you can see her panties if the wind blows
    3. having V4 in a skimpy outfit or short skirt and young male in the same scene may be too racy, salacious, sexy or innapropriate for some people including the moderators.

V4_dress.jpg
    524 x 576 - 93K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2014

The DAZ 3D Forum Team will certainly tell you if you go past the limit of what is allowed, but don't bother trying to second guess us. We are Moderators and have guidelines, which are laid out quite succinctly in the ToS. :coolsmirk:

You don't seem to have had much problem with us and your previous images which have featured young males and short skirts in the same image. :coolmad:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

If nothing shows, a lot goes, generally, right? ;)

edited December 1969

mori_mann said:
    If nothing shows, a lot goes, generally, right? ;)

Yes. mostly. There are of course exceptions to any rule, but I think that rules #1-4 in the Gallery and posted image section cover just about everything in that regard.

edited May 2014

I'm not trying to be argumentative but the rules state:

2. Any image that conflicts with the nature of this forum or is found to be inappropriate for the forum’s wide audience will be removed and the author notified.

4. Images that may be considered sexually suggestive will be reviewed by the staff of this site as to its appropriateness for inclusion in the Gallery.

8. Images that contain depictions of children are especially sensitive and will be reviewed even more strictly than other such images.

Even Jaderail says that renders that are too sexy or suggestive are not allowed: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/519072/

chohole says that I should not second-guess the moderators.

Justin wears a skirt that reaches between the bottom of his hips and his knees. Skirts by Pretty 3D stop at the bottom of Victoria's butt. There is a difference in the skirts.

In the end, I won't render adults in skimpy outfits with teens any more.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Signed, Wolf person

edited December 1969

I'm not trying to be argumentative but the rules state:

2. Any image that conflicts with the nature of this forum or is found to be inappropriate for the forum’s wide audience will be removed and the author notified.

4. Images that may be considered sexually suggestive will be reviewed by the staff of this site as to its appropriateness for inclusion in the Gallery.

8. Images that contain depictions of children are especially sensitive and will be reviewed even more strictly than other such images.

Even Jaderail says that renders that are too sexy or suggestive are not allowed: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/519072/

chohole says that I should not second-guess the moderators.

Justin wears a skirt that reaches between the bottom of his hips and his knees. Skirts by Pretty 3D stop at the bottom of Victoria's butt. There is a difference in the skirts.

In the end, I won't render adults in skimpy outfits with teens any more.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Signed, Wolf person

They're still well within the TOS, Starion. If the Mods and admins haven't complained to you about your images, nor taken them down, it is because there's nothing in them that violates the rules of the forums.

Oh, and you missed the joke. :down:

edited May 2014

*snipped*

Oh, and you missed the joke. :down:

That so often happens. Seems the British sense of humour doesn't always work across the pond, or even in mainland Europe. Like Richard's post here and the response to it http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35158/#518752 :coolsmirk:

Post edited by Chohole on