Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,163

I really do need to experiment more with Anagenesis. I think I should spend some time going through the commercial thread. Thank you for giving me the push to do this.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

So, I'm kind of excited, my tutorial with Digital Art Live is in the store today. 

• The tutorial looks really good! I'm curious, it has render settings .00-.05 in the supplemental tutorial. Is this just a screenshot for that one render? Do you discuss render settings in any other area?

edited December 2018

The tutorial looks really good! I'm curious, it has render settings .00-.05 in the supplemental tutorial. Is this just a screenshot for that one render? Do you discuss render settings in any other area?

The render settings are basically just how I approach setting up a scene in Daz Studio and what my thought process is as to why I do it that way, and what things I consider when I am starting a scene, it basically is just a quick overview of where I start with a scene and why.  It also has a quick look at my custom category system.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

I should add, its supplemental because we had some technical difficulties so we ended up doing it over two days instead of doing the whole thing at once. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,169
    edited December 2018

Congrats on the release of your art tutorial - https://www.daz3d.com/character-art--a-tutorial-guide-by-ice-dragon-art

Well done.

Post edited by Artini on
    Artini said:

Congrats on the release of your art tutorial - https://www.daz3d.com/character-art--a-tutorial-guide-by-ice-dragon-art

Well done.

Thank you!  I'm pretty excited! 

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,159
    edited December 2018

So, I'm kind of excited, my tutorial with Digital Art Live is in the store today. 

You should be proud Sonja.  Congradulations  :)

Post edited by Ivy on
    Ivy said:

You should be proud Sonja.  Congradulations  :)

Thank you!  I really enjoyed doing it.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,295

Congratulations on the tutorial, Sonja!! That's awesome! Are you going to be a PA now or is this a one-time collab thing? :)

The tutorial is sitting in my cart - I just need to figure out what else I want to put in there before I check out. I'm really excited to watch your tutorial and when I saw from one of the promos that you used my character KamilyAnn for part of your tutorial it put a huge smile on my face! :D I can't wait to see what you did with her. Thank you for using her for part of your tutorial. :) I'm looking forward to learning more about your Daz Studio and Photoshop workflow! :)

Congratulations on the tutorial, Sonja!! That's awesome! Are you going to be a PA now or is this a one-time collab thing? :)

The tutorial is sitting in my cart - I just need to figure out what else I want to put in there before I check out. I'm really excited to watch your tutorial and when I saw from one of the promos that you used my character KamilyAnn for part of your tutorial it put a huge smile on my face! :D I can't wait to see what you did with her. Thank you for using her for part of your tutorial. :) I'm looking forward to learning more about your Daz Studio and Photoshop workflow! :)

You are quite welcome, she is one of my favorites, sooo versatile!  If you have any questions feel free to ask them here and I will do my best to answer.

And no, it does not actually make me a PA, its definitely more of a collaborative kind of thing.  I did really enjoy doing it and I do hope people will find it useful.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

That l1ttle drag0n 1s s0 cuuuuuute! heart

1t's a b1t embarras1ng t0 type l1ke th1s, but tw0 0f my keys seem t0 have d1ed. surprise (Guess wh1ch 0nes...)

Thank you!  And the scary thing is, I understood exacty what you jus typed lol!

edited December 2018

Kingston by Faber Inc.  Great character!

KINGSTON FABER INC.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
    KINGSTON FABER INC.png
    2000 x 2000 - 6M
  • wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

Very cool, Sonja!  :) 

Hey, I bought your tutorials! Gotta check them out this weekend.

Scott

wsgentry said:

Very cool, Sonja!  :) 

Hey, I bought your tutorials! Gotta check them out this weekend.

Scott

Aww thank you Scott!  I hope they are helpful!  If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

edited December 2018

This is Martina.  Anyone who knows me, knows I love exotic and different make up and tatoos.   Remember, even stuff that looks like it should be on a tribal warrior can be used in muttiple ways.  Opposites can really make a character stand out.

MARTINA.jpg
    1504 x 1644 - 3M
    MARTINA.png
    2000 x 2000 - 7M

Very cool, Sonja! :)  I like that you show before and after versions!  The bluish lighting makes this pop!

Scott

wsgentry said:

Very cool, Sonja! :)  I like that you show before and after versions!  The bluish lighting makes this pop!

Scott

Thank you Scott! 

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Great job on your tutorial, Sonja! I just finished watching the first video. Lots of helpful tips, especially in Photoshop. Looking forward to the supplementary video tomorrow. yes

dawnblade said:

Great job on your tutorial, Sonja! I just finished watching the first video. Lots of helpful tips, especially in Photoshop. Looking forward to the supplementary video tomorrow. yes

Thank you so much!  Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Did you change our name or have anew account at rendo I noticed a user Blueyecreations https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/twizted-100-faces/2850576/?p also has Sympatico Studio sig tag. Or is Sympatico Studio a Thing?  I was just curious thats all

edited December 2018
    Ivy said:

Did you change our name or have anew account at rendo I noticed a user Blueyecreations https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/twizted-100-faces/2850576/?p also has Sympatico Studio sig tag. Or is Sympatico Studio a Thing?  I was just curious thats all

Sympatico Studios is a group of artists.  We do artistic promotional pieces for various 3d vendors.  So, I am actually IceDragonArt and I work for Sympatic Studios.  So if its a promotional piece. it will have both IceDragonArt and Sympatico Studio as the signature, if its personal art it will only have IceDragonArt as the signature.  Its a valid question actually, I can totally see how that might be confusing. Same for the other artists in the group, if you see someone else with Sympatico as part of their signature, its a promotional piece.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,662
    Ivy said:

Sympatico Studios is a group of artists.  We do artistic promotional pieces for various 3d vendors.  So, I am actually IceDragonArt and I work for Sympatic Studios.  So if its a promotional piece. it will have both IceDragonArt and Sympatico Studio as the signature, if its personal art it will only have IceDragonArt as the signature.  Its a valid question actually, I can totally see how that might be confusing. Same for the other artists in the group, if you see someone else with Sympatico as part of their signature, its a promotional piece.

May I ask a question about the promo's you do for them?

Do you get the characters and such for free to do the promo's or do you have to buy them?

@saphirewild I messaged you.

Ivy said:

Thats very cool That explains why I been seeing that Sympaic studio  . I didn't know there was such a group.  I guess I am behind the time...Very nice Icedragon :)

Ivy said:
    Ivy said:

Thats very cool That explains why I been seeing that Sympaic studio  . I didn't know there was such a group.  I guess I am behind the time...Very nice Icedragon :)

Thank you Ivy!  Its been a great experience so far and it sure pushes me well out of my comfort zone and forces me to be creative every day.

edited December 2018

Ante Up

Elana by Luna3d.

The new soldiers quickly learned that playing dice with Elana was a sure way to lose a months wages very quickly....

ELANA.jpg
    593 x 960 - 98K
    edited December 2018

The new soldiers were taken in by her feminine wiles.  Such is the life of a lonely warrior!  Broke, broken, besotted.  Great work, Sonja!

Post edited by wsgentry on
    edited December 2018
    wsgentry said:

The new soldiers were taken in by her feminine wiles.  Such is the life of a lonely warrior!  Broke, broken, besotted.  Great work, Sonja!

haha so true! The fact that she is a true master of daggers and knives, does keep them in line when they realize she is just much better at dice than they are. ( and their are rumors that she is well versed in poison as well).  But despite that fact that her real talent lies in thieving she never cheats at games of chance.  It would take all the fun out of it.