Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,295

Merry Christmas, Sonja! heart

BTW, I loved your review of my Kamilyann character in your tutorial video - it put a HUGE smile on my face!

I really enjoy the tutorial video and am glad I got it! Also, the organization/categorization you have shown in the beginning gave me great pointers too on how to organize my Daz custom categories a bit better.

Thanks for the great tutorial and I hope we get to see more from you in the future. :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited December 2018

@Divamakeup thank you Merry Christmas to you too!   I am so glad that you liked my tutorial!  Honestly, Kamilyann was the perfect example of what I look for in a character and what I look for in my own art.  Not only is she extremely versatile, but she has the ability to make each render with her different and unique and unusual.  Which I love and what I try and do with as much of my own art as possible.

Maybe I will try and do a short you tube video and do a walk through on cutom categories,  Might be a fun project.  We all know categorization of categories is near and dear to my heart lol!

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

@Divamakeup thank you Merry Christmas to you too!   I am so glad that you liked my tutorial!  Honestly, Kamilyann was the perfect example of what I look for in a character and what I look for in my own art.  Not only is she extremely versatile, but she has the ability to make each render with her different and unique and unusual.  Which I love and what I try and do with as much of my own art as possible.

Maybe I will try and do a short you tube video and do a walk through on cutom categories,  Might be a fun project.  We all know categorization of categories is near and dear to my heart lol!

hahah Awesome! I'm so glad you find her useful - she was a labour of love and I tried to give her a lot of customization options so I'm really happy that those where appreciated! 

I think a custom categories tutorial would be really helpful for the community. I did a quick text tutorial on that about a year or so ago and have gotten a lot of feedback on how much it's helped people to get organized and find their content. Though your categories and folders look to be a lot more organized and it looks like it would make it a lot easier to find just what people are looking for.

I think a video tutorial on how to plan, setup, and organize people's content in Daz Studio sounds like it would be a great tutorial and hugely helpful to a lot of people, as I often see people on the forum talk about not being able to find the products they buy or forgetting they own something. Getting organized with custom categories can really help improve the time it takes to set up scenes and can make it more enjoyable to find and use the content people have purchased and installed.

If you ever make a tutorial like that I'd buy it (and I'm sure a lot of others would as well), even though custom categories is something I already know how to do, every person does it a bit differently and seeing your full rundown of how you do it would be helpful, I'm sure. :) Plus I hear there is a way to help products and files show up in "Smart Content" - some manual input you can do to get it to show up in Smart Content but I'm not sure how to do that. I know that can be helpful for older Poser content that doesn't have smart content filters. If you know how to do that, and add it to the tutorial, I'm sure that would be helpful to people as well. :)

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,163

I would love a tutorial on custom catagories smiley. I've tried to do them but I think I'm doing it all wrong and things don't end up where they should or don't appear at all. frown 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

I need to catch up on this thread but dropped by to say Merry Christmas! ???????? 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

Those question marks were supposed to be emoticons lol. Can’t fix as I’m on mobile. 

edited December 2018

I would love a tutorial on custom catagories smiley. I've tried to do them but I think I'm doing it all wrong and things don't end up where they should or don't appear at all. frown 

Aw thanks guys.  Not sure if @DigitalArtLive would be interested in doing something like this.  I will send him a note after the holidays.

Merry Christmas to both  of you as well!

edited December 2018

This little vignette is actually for Poser (by JeffersonAF - My Place for Poses) The bones and Flowers are not included. Best viewed full screen

As you can see, it works quite well with Iray.  I didn't do anything to the textures myself, its straight out of the box.

MY POSING PLACE SS.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 5M
    MY POSING PLACE.png
    2000 x 2000 - 8M
    edited December 2018

Between Worlds

Phoebe by Deva 3D

PHOEBE DEVA3D.jpg
    600 x 960 - 129K
  • wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

Prolific and beautiful!   Wow.  Just WOW!  

I hope you and yours had a great Christmas and now I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Scott

Thank you very much Scott!  And to you and yours as well!

edited December 2018

Mina for Genesis 8 Female.

Really happy with how this one turned out.

MINA DEVIOUS DOLLS SS.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 655K
    MINA DEVIOUS DOLLS.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
  • Love!! the Mina picture.

Love!! the Mina picture.

Thank you very much!

The Mina render is gorgeous. I love your postwork!

The Mina render is gorgeous. I love your postwork!

Thank you so much!  I'm working on learning some new techniques and trying to improve my workflow a bit.  I am very happy with how she turned out.

• Really happy with how this one turned out.

Great image !  The color tones are perfect for the subject.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Ooooh, Mina looks like the heroine from a new Pixar movie. laugh Would watch!

Really happy with how this one turned out.

Great image !  The color tones are perfect for the subject.

TigerAnne said:

Ooooh, Mina looks like the heroine from a new Pixar movie. laugh Would watch!

Thank you both!

• wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

That's just as stunning as all get out!  Have you ever tried to animate because like TigerAnne wrote, the character does look like one from a Pixar movie!

Scott

I have not yet found the time to try and learn animation although it is on my rather long list of things to learn lol.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Love those renders!! :)

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Great work on Mina! Hope you had a blessed Christmas. smiley

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

As others have said, really nice render for Mina.  Now for my 'rookie' questions. smiley

Did you make the bodyart/tatoo as .png for LIE, or it came with Mina?

Same with outfit since only just now learning geo-shell fun.  If you made outfit yourself... Woah!  That is wicked!  So much to learn which is why I enjoy looking at galleries from experienced members.

Hope you have an equally prolific 2019!

best wishes

--Bruce

Thank you @Liana and @dawnblade!

@Tynkere -Hey Bruce, the tattoos come with the character, Mousso's girls almost always have a normal skin and a tatooed skin or interesting make up so you can do her with or without.  And while I wish I could model clothing, I have not had time yet to really sit down and learn how to model.  Her outfit is Liquid Armor.   It comes in a variety of colours and the gloves can also glow.  She is wearing the white one

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Ooops!  Hope that didn’t put you on the spot or anything.  What you do in post editing is amazing, so was just curious how things are done DAZ side. 

You should do promo art if already doing that.  Mina & "Liquid Armor" outfit on wishlist just in case I might need a faery-elf.

Anyway, thanks for your patience with me.  My holidays about at an end, so happy new years and have a great 2019!

--Bruce

Tynkere said:

Ooops!  Hope that didn’t put you on the spot or anything.  What you do in post editing is amazing, so was just curious how things are done DAZ side. 

You should do promo art if already doing that.  Mina & "Liquid Armor" outfit on wishlist just in case I might need a faery-elf.

Anyway, thanks for your patience with me.  My holidays about at an end, so happy new years and have a great 2019!

--Bruce

@Tynkere Hey Bruce no worries they are valid questions.  And I'm very hard to offend lol.  And thank you, I do artistic promos for Sympatico Studios as a matter of fact lol.  The real trick to using Daz and then postwork is making your Daz renders as good and as close to the original as you can.  In my case though, I frequently end up somewhere I did not intend to be lol.  My muse has a mind of her own.  I do have a webinar out here on Daz on some tricks and tips about postwork and how I set things up.

Happy New Year everyone!  Wishing you all a wonderful, profitable and happy year!

Happy New Year @IceDragonArt!