Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,088

IceDragonArt's presentation is this Sunday! Come and meet Sonja and discover the techniques she uses to produce her outstanding character artwork. Just a few days left to register...and you can use the discount code "icedragon10" for this event. Learn more about Sonja's presentation here

IceDragonArt webinar

Paul, could you be extra aware of sending reminders?  That whole time change thing might throw a few people off.

Sonja, I know you will be great!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

IceDragonArt's presentation is this Sunday! Come and meet Sonja and discover the techniques she uses to produce her outstanding character artwork. Just a few days left to register...and you can use the discount code "icedragon10" for this event. Learn more about Sonja's presentation here

IceDragonArt webinar

Paul, could you be extra aware of sending reminders?  That whole time change thing might throw a few people off.

Sonja, I know you will be great!

Thank you very much!  Will do my best!

Well, my apologies to everyone fo the technical issues!  I have no idea why my screen just froze.  I do hope all is well on Paul's end.  We will be doing a second run at this as soon as possible.

• Well, my apologies to everyone fo the technical issues!  I have no idea why my screen just froze.  I do hope all is well on Paul's end.  We will be doing a second run at this as soon as possible.

These things happen. Gotta love technology. :) No worries.

Well, my apologies to everyone fo the technical issues!  I have no idea why my screen just froze.  I do hope all is well on Paul's end.  We will be doing a second run at this as soon as possible.

These things happen. Gotta love technology. :) No worries.

Thanks!  Its only ever done that one other time since I got 6 or so months ago.  No idea why it chose today of all times. Hopefully there was at  least a little bit of useful information before it crashed and burned. 

• Well, I learned a couple of things I didn't know so I'd probably.

Already learned some good stuff.  Looking forward to more.  As KM said, these things happen.  It will be fine.

Already learned some good stuff.  Looking forward to more.  As KM said, these things happen.  It will be fine.

Thank you!  It will be better with pictures lol

edited November 2018

Vilondra by Akasha & Anain

Really lovely character - she comes with the body suit (this is a geo shell and you can easily dress her in anything else you want but the outfit is a nice bonus)  Some fun make up as well.

VILONDRA.jpg
    738 x 960 - 79K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Really lovely character - she comes with the body suit (this is a geo shell and you can easily dress her in anything else you want but the outfit is a nice bonus)  Some fun make up as well.

First, this is a really nice image of the character and the included geoshell clothing. Second, I'm rather impressed you found a use for that morphing chair!
    laugh

L'Adair said:

First, this is a really nice image of the character and the included geoshell clothing. Second, I'm rather impressed you found a use for that morphing chair!
    laugh

Thank you!   Lol its surprsingly handy for posing seated characters. I have such a hard time finding items that match up with sitting poses that don't require a huge amount of fiddling.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
    edited November 2018

This forum needs a LIKE button. I can't be popping in here every day to post a nice comment.

Can't wait for the redux webinar and um, keep it up!

yes

Post edited by Griffin Avid on

This forum needs a LIKE button. I can't be popping in here every day to post a nice comment.

Can't wait for the redux webinar and um, kep it up!

yes

Lol thank you!  It will be better with pictures I promise!  And I am always happy to have visitors although I totally understand how hard it is to keep up with everyone!  And we definitely need a Like button!

edited November 2018

I'm actually incredibly pleased with how well this one turned out. 

The promo is for the Princess of Mars Outfit by Sixus1. 

Gallery Link

PRINCESS OF MARS.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 255K
  • See, now you done did it. I have to log in and say "Awesome".

See, now you done did it. I have to log in and say "Awesome".

Thank you!  I'm really really happy with this one.  Its been a very frustrating day as far as Studio goes so this was a bit of a bright spot in the day lol.

edited November 2018

Baby's First Steps

I actually did 2 renders one with the background and one without.

GLISSANDI BABY.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 1M
    GLISSANDI BABY.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M

Great work, Sonja!  Love the posing in the first steps image.  Steady now, youngling.

My Daz Studio newbie-status is about to show.  What do you mean that Vilondra's bodysuit is a geoshell?  Is there a geoshell primer thread somewhere?

Great work, Sonja!  Love the posing in the first steps image.  Steady now, youngling.

My Daz Studio newbie-status is about to show.  What do you mean that Vilondra's bodysuit is a geoshell?  Is there a geoshell primer thread somewhere?

Thank you!  A geo shell is really exactly what it sounds like. Its like a second skin that goes over the body so it forms a shell around the original object, which can then have special effects or, clothing or whatever else added to it without actually having to model whatever you want to put on the model.    Here is and excerpt from RichardHasseltine taken from this thread

"Geometry Shells differ from Instances in that they can have different material settings, and by default they are crated with a push modifier - that means you could create a shell with a second skin clothing texture, or a transparency-mapped hair or water droplet texture, to modify the look of a figure easily, even if the overlay used a different UV set from the textures on the figure."

Thanks for the link.  Enough to get me started.  

Thanks for the link.  Enough to get me started.  

Your welcome!  I'm still learning about those myself.

edited November 2018

Through the Enchanted Forest

MILA HAIR.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Through the Enchanted Forest

Beautiful!

Trish

Thank you!

edited November 2018

Temple Defender

This is actually 3 renders plus postwork but I can't seem to load the one with the background. I keep getting a no file date could found error.  I will try to add it again later.

GALLERY LINK HERE

ANGELIQUE DEVA 3D.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    ANGELIQUJE DEVA 3D no background.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,664

It may be to big for the forum you may have to cut it down in order to post it!!

It may be to big for the forum you may have to cut it down in order to post it!!

Same size as the other two but who knows, I will try again a bit later

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Love this one! I recognize that 'ole V4 outfit - I love to give old stuff new life. I especially love the color scheme and the bokah effects.
    dracorn said:

Love this one! I recognize that 'ole V4 outfit - I love to give old stuff new life. I especially love the color scheme and the bokah effects.

Thank you!  That's actually v4 herself making an appearance as well.  I used the Anagenessis for Genesis on her.  There is a rumor that RiversoftArt and Sickleyield may be putting out a script to convert V4 clothing to G8.  They aren't quite sure if they can figure it out but I have faith in them lol.  They just cracked Genesis to Genesis 8 so I'm hopeful.  I love V4 clothes!

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,163

She's gorgeous @IceDragonArt! I love the colours in this render. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Riversoft and Sickleyield can do the V4 to G8 clothing conversion toosmiley I don't have that many Genesis outfits but I'm still going to pick up the Gensis to G8F/M products when they are released. These conversion scripts are brilliant and are really making me look more closely at the older generation clothes.