What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• tinneybryantinneybryan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

mori_mann said:
    Had this image in my head all day, so out came a quicky.

Test Subject Gene. He's not meditating, jsut crossing his fingers and hoping for a small miracle.

One raw render and one after some postwork.

I dont know why this pic cracks me up. good pic tho.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Thanks for looking :) Must be the 'stashe and chest hair combined with that concentration.

Gene always gives me a grin :)

edited December 1969

A challenge. My best friend challenged me to create my version of her pale/white elf character. Not a smlla challenge, but I accepted and ended up making this little thing of him with Ah'sh, my moody ranger's overgrown housecat. I mean.. panther.

I'm still bad at pale skins.

The furry version kept crashing (rendered it BIG as a gift for her) sho the cat is in her summer coat ;)

Watermarked version, because the character isn't my own. There's a close-up pf the elf's face over at dA.

Here_Kitty_10_WM.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 902K
    edited December 1969

'Is That You?'

Amber, not yet a druid, leaving behind her old life, together with her horse Chazeeta. They just arrived at the spot where she was supposed to meet Jerutha, who'd take her to her new trainer Kara. Is he not there? Is he late? Or is he simply hiding between the trees in a very rangery way? What's that movement?

This could be sort of an illustration for my story/chapter Departure, that I may or may not upload somewhere some day.

Final version with postwork. Cloak was smoothed out by my wonderful friend Tash. I really should practice that more, but after a day of work, I'm all twitchy and can't focus on things like that anymore. Can upload the raw render if someone wants to see that.

Is_That_You_10_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 610K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited March 2014

"Is that You" is awesome!!!! you have a book also wow.. I would really like to see that!!!...I know nothing about smoothing out things...Is that hard to do???....Trish

Post edited by Trish on
    edited April 2014

@ Trish: Not a book, but an ever developing story. Mostly written in my head. Several, really. Brain never shuts up. And that's a good thing.

Brain also made me do something else.

Out of context, the text on it may seem odd and distracting, but the context is terribly complicated and probably boring, so you're getting it like this. I could leave the words off, but I won't. I don't want to risk finding the pic without them and not everyone on the internet has honourable intentions, sadly, and you never know who wanders by..

Guardians_-_Test_8_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 631K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
    edited December 1969

A quicky to introduce my new elf guy. Yes, he does have a backstory, which includes him being a bard, training to be a paladin and then trying for priest, after which he went back to part-time bard :)

It was also a good excuse to finally properly play with that Genesis2 Male (and the mad elf ears).

Why exactly an elf in Morroccan clothes is standing in front of a French bookshop is anyone's guess.

Calion_6_small.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 555K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

To me those clothes fit elvish very well, a bit on the silky side maybe but work. The rest I never noticed till you made me look. French...

edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail. They do fit well enough for elves, don't they?

I simply scrolled past them in my library and decided to go with them. As for theshop.. still no idea ;)

edited December 1969

Playing around, checking if my four favourite guys don't look too much like each other.

Well, do they? ;)

I did not fiddle with their skin settings and they ar all obviously subjected to the same - not in all cases flattering - lighting. I did not put any expressions on, either. Just the default starting postitions.

Left to right:
    - Jerutha, half-elf, Genesis
    - Dimi, elf (technically 3/4 elf), Genesis
    - T'hayn, tiefling, Genesis
    - Calion, elf, Genseis 2 male.

Faces_8_bg_testing_2_small.jpg
    1500 x 563 - 204K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

The skintones look nice. The lighting that you used looks better than my lighting.

edited December 1969

The skintones look nice. The lighting that you used looks better than my lighting.

I think it was only a UE (probably 45-45% light and some other tweaked settings that I can't check right now because I am transferring a huge pile of data from one extrenal drive to another and it's slow enough as it), a single distant light, with some colour and.. 1 or 2 spots to pick up where the distant did not quite reach. I can check teh details later if you like.

I'm not sure your computer would like that kind of lighting though. Especially not with 4 figures in teh scene. With hair.

edited December 1969

Someone please stop me! I am - once again - having too much fun.

"Stop!"

Calion. Fallen on his backside, asking whoever is approaching to please stop. He can probably explain it all. Or pretend to.

He strikes me as the kind of guy who tends to get in all kinds of mild trouble. Not out of curiosity, but because there may be a tiny edge on his tongue and the censor in his brain often takes long breaks. In fact, I think it may be on a permanent sabbattical..

Postworked out a small wardrobe malfunction and added some filters for slightly warmer lights.

Cal_Stop_7_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 184K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Great use of DOF here. I really like this one.

edited December 1969

Thank you, Jaderail.

I must say I am quite pleased with how the DOF turned out, myself. Glad you like it!

edited December 1969

Just a quick seasonal doodle.

Happy Easter everyone :)

Easter_Eggs_9_Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 261K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Happy Easter to you too :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Simple sunny render with the silly, careless Test Subjects Gene and Paul in an attempt to cheer myself up.

Didn't work, but did get a picture out of it. No postwork, just a raw render.

Summer_Holiday_5_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 363K
    edited December 1969

"Moonmaiden, please hear me.."

Isabelle, being very much a cleric of het moon goddess, praying to the full moon.

Because I could really very much use some good vibes right now.

Was just playing around.

Some light filter postwork done.

Moonmaiden_hear_me_11_Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 187K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

you have been very busy since I last popped in to look......very nice everyone of them......Trish

• edited December 1969

You really should consider selling your poses, or giving them away. Your posing is excellent.

You commented that you're not good at pale skin. My first thought from that pic is that the skin would look better if it was a little pinker. The lighter the skin, the less melatonin blocks the visibility of blood vessels. Especially in the face.

Great work!

edited December 1969

Thanks Trish. I keep having too much fun!

@ Luxury: Thank you for the posing compliment! I really like to create poses and mostly (but not always) do so from scratch. Who knows, one day I might feel confident enough to offer them for sharing.

As for the pale skins.. You are right that the skin in the one with teh elf and the panther, would look more natural (especially in thet setting) with a touch of pink added. The character in question, doesn't have red blood, though. His blood is blue and his skin is supposed to have a slight hint of bleu, too. Giving him a touch of pink would make him look more natural, but less like himself.

It's still up for improving, though. Everything always is, so thank you for thinking along :)

edited December 1969

'A Quiet Job'

My last second entry in Llola Lane's render a month challenge for April. Now with a tiny little bit of postwork.

Yes it's dark. It's supposed to be. I very much enjoyed messing around with the lighting.

Quiet_Job_10_Smaller.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 86K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I like the camera angle on the moonmaiden an her expression.
    Hope you managed to cheer yourself up :) Keep putzin', it'll happen.

edited December 1969

Thank you Novica! I lie playing with camera angles. I often try several ones before deciding which I like best. Glad you liek teh expression, too. That was rather fiddly to get right.

I'll feel better once this.. cold? Flu? finally settles in and then passes. When packages finally are delivered. And when my best friend finally get the amount of peace and quiet she deserves after these past years of being on a roller coaster of bad luck and stress :)

I'm hanging on, though. Thanks!

edited December 1969

(Mods, if this violates ToS, let me know, I'll link instead then. As nothing shows and it's rather.. functional and not sexual, I thought it would be acceptable.)

Contrary to popular belief, Jerutha does do that bathing thing. Including hair washing. He does like to do that without being watched, though, so it's difficult to find proof. (Well, except that he doesn't appear to reek up to the high heavens, of course.)

In very rare cases, he is caught in the act. Or right before the act. Fortunately, it's only Amber. If it was anyone else, Ah'sh would have warned him. If it were anyone else, his expression would be vastly different, I can promise you that ;)

Basically an excuse to play with that long, long hair model. Because.. Rutha with his hair loose.. For reasons.

Added some postwork on the hair and a touch of filtering.

Bath_time_13_Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 182K
    edited December 1969

Ah yes. This happened after a friend and I were discussing our beloved characters and what we'd do is random strangers were to make suggestions on how to 'improve' them. Of course, we ended up deciding that changing the hair could be fun, even if it looked totally wrong. So we set to work. Within an hour, the hair-changed characters had new names (cheesy parody versions of their own) and an Alternative Universe was born. A universe where everyone and everything is quite different.

Sharing Jerry the grumpy biker guy who dyes his hair to hide gray hairs and his girlfried Ginger, who wears trippy contacts because she can.

Some clothing boo-boos fixed and some blur added in post.

AU_Ginger_and_Jerry_test_7_LPW.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 622K
    edited December 1969

Working on something. Consider this a sketch :D So far, no lighting and the final shot will be from the other side, but I just had to take this one.

My cheeky cleric Isabelle and her horse Shimmer.

Just_us_then_1_test.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 213K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Nice preview render. Are you doing to add a background? I'll be waiting for the final render.

edited December 1969

Thank you, starionwolf :)

I did finish the image now, yes. It had a bit of a story, too.

Isabelle and T'hayn were not always a couple. Obviously. Generally people are not born that way, but I digress.

They met under somewhat unusual circumstances, I suppose. The actual story is still being written. Distractions and all that.

Belle found him left for dead at the side of the road. Being a cleric, she healed him up. Of course she noticed the horns that marked him as a tiefling, but she already knew that not all tieflings are evil. Yes, it was a guess and a risk she took, knowing and willing.

When he woke up, T'hayn's first instict was to kill her and he would have if Belle had not moved his sword out of reach as a precaution. When he calmed down and reached the conclusion that this half-elf cleric did not intend to do him harm, he reluctantly agreed to share the food she offered.

After an uncomfortable and sleepless night, Belle offered to accompany him to the nearest town to get provisions and basic supplies. The tiefling refused, claiming that he still had his sword and with that, all he could ever need to survive. He certainly did not need her charity. Isabelle privately thought that the way she had found him proved that perhaps his sword was not always enough protection, but said nothing about that. She saddled her horse and went on her way.

And yes, this pic is Belle tellign Shimmer it'll be just the two of them once more.

(Yes, yes, he came after her soon enough and in the end, all turned out well.)

Also.. I may spend more time on prettifying the horse's coat next time, but I need more practise in that area and there are only so many hours in a day. Besides, I think I spent more than enough time on postworking anyway.

Just_us_then_9_Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 289K