Carrara Non Photo Realistic Works

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 2017

sorry UB I understood exactly what you were saying - yes it's a pita

this is mine - very happy - had it a few years, cost me a mottzza from memory  http://www.dell.com/ed/business/p/dell-u2713hm/pd

it also flips into portrait mode

these are all the little icons you can actually read when you do google image search

27 inch curved Stezza? sounds impressive :)

Untitled-2.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
    Post edited by Headwax on
  • Stezza, I am very happy for you in getting the 27"!  You must have really good eyesight to have tolerated the 21" for so long.

HW, thanks for that monitor link.  Too big for my current (shelf) space, but it's always fun seeing what others use.

I currently run two monitors.  One is vertical for book covers, etc.  I got it (HP2335) on Craigslist for $50. 

The other is a 24" ASUS (standard 16:9).  I'm going to swap it out with a 24" monitor that is 16:10 (when I find a good enough deal).  Because of the taller aspect ratio, it will restore the 20% of the screen space I'm losing due to PSE 2018.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

The Little Drummer Boy DownUnder

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Stezza - loads of wonderful details in this!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Lucky fellow... look how blissful he is!

I'm a lucky fellow too. I married Rosie!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Stezza said:

The Little Drummer Boy DownUnder

lovely feeling in this one, a happy childhood glow - is that the famous South Australian one head llama there that i spy? :)

Happy Christmas by the way - only 40 degrees here today

surprise

nuh... it's the one around the corner from me lol

Thanks for the comments....

the new 3DU parrot... needs fixing to work in Carrara.

• FP_b647bf2daeFP_b647bf2dae Posts: 38
    edited December 2017

I had been experimenting lately with NPR rendering - oractually NPR post - processing and I've got pretty good results.

bridge5_DAP_HALF_Monet.jpg
    1600 x 1056 - 961K
    countrylane7_DAP_Monet.jpg
    3200 x 2112 - 3M
    Post edited by FP_b647bf2dae on
  • cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

I had been experimenting lately with NPR rendering - oractually NPR post - processing and I've got pretty good results.

How did you post process these?

• cdordoni said:

It is with Dynamic Auto Painter Mediachance (full disclosure, I am the author). This particular preset works very well with foliage, you may see it is a mashup scene from Howie Farkes

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

Thanks for sharing that ... I know others on the forum are using DAP,  its the best brushstroke simulation I've seen so far. Congrats .....

• cdordoni said:

It is with Dynamic Auto Painter Mediachance (full disclosure, I am the author). This particular preset works very well with foliage, you may see it is a mashup scene from Howie Farkes

Wow, that is gorgeous!  You are the author of this software?  And, a Carrara guy? (among other software, I'm sure)

I hope that you will post here more often, as this thread in particular is made for your product.  Your software looks terrific.  Guess when I have time, I need to do the free trial. smiley

• Stezza said:

surprise

nuh... it's the one around the corner from me lol

Thanks for the comments....

the new 3DU parrot... needs fixing to work in Carrara.

Thanks for posting this Stezza.  Nice to know that it works, even if it needs tweaks.

cdordoni said:

how cool... can Carrara users get 50% off for Christmas?

You never know if you don't ask yes

Very impresssive stuff.. look forward to more smiley

•  

Wow, that is gorgeous!  You are the author of this software?  And, a Carrara guy? (among other software, I'm sure)

I hope that you will post here more often, as this thread in particular is made for your product.  Your software looks terrific.  Guess when I have time, I need to do the free trial. smiley

Yes, I am the author of DAP. And I had been using carrara since version 3, still have the box on my shelf :-). I am bit sad that carrara is essentially done for good, but hey that's the life. Still it is for me the #1 go-to software for any quick rendering job.

With DAP you have to find which preset works with a certain type of 3D image since 3D are quite sensitive to the PP unlike photos. The Monet presset works perfectly for such outdoor, foliage, trees etc...but it would look terrible if you venture out of the style. I have tons of other stuff I have to go through and I will be hopefully posting some examples... There is also Photo Reactor and the Reactor Player photoshop plugins that can do wonders to 3D - but that's another can of worms. 

I think PP is a bit unexplored area - I wish day has more hours so I can do tutorials, examples etc... A good way for me is to use batch processing, then after few hours to see what worked and what not and then narrow my focus.

edited December 2017

PP?

I got DAP 253 from the CoolCreativeBundle when I bought Howler. I really liked it but couldn't get it registered.

Here's a test I did with it on Howie Farkes' Beechdale scene using a Benson preset

BeachdaleSpringPo1_DAP_Benson.jpg
    2400 x 1344 - 2M
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • That preset looks very nice Dart!

I think that PP is post-processing.

kitbashed the parrot.... dunno why 3DU didn't add a cocky comb in the first place... maybe they will release a freebie add on for it.

Fantastic, Stezza!

edited December 2017

Awesome!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • Stezza, excellent idea!  I agree, the comb makes it look a LOT better.  Nice NPR look in general on that render.

thanks Ub... hopefully they will release an addon for it.. to make it complete yes

That preset looks very nice Dart!

I think that PP is post-processing.

Thanks! (smacks his forehead) Post-Processing... gotcha!

edited December 2017
    Stezza said:

Actually why not, it's Christmas! Ok, it is 35% (but DAP is now 10% off so it will come close with additional 35%) and it is valid till 26 dec, here is offer code: CAR-45K2D47WJ6

The discount apply to everything on my site. Happy Holidays and stay safe!

Post edited by FP_b647bf2dae on
  • Stezza said:

Actually why not, it's Christmas! Ok, it is 35% (but DAP is now 10% off so it will come close with additional 35%) and it is valid till 26 dec, here is offer code: CAR-45K2D47WJ6

Hey, that is very nice of you!  However, I would like to give it a proper trial first, when I have the time to devote to it.  Probably will kick myself later, but it is what it is.

Still, it's tempting.  A word of warning.  I tested the coupon code to see the price in the cart.  Unlike the Daz shopping cart, you cannot go back and forth with the coupon.  Once entered, that's it.  Also could not get the extra 10%, but that was not a deal-breaker.

edited December 2017
    Hey, that is very nice of you!  However, I would like to give it a proper trial first, when I have the time to devote to it.  Probably will kick myself later, but it is what it is.

Test it first. I'll give you raincheck.

Vista7_DAP_HALF_Monet.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 767K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    Stezza said:

awesome

@HeadWax may love this .... 

It's really cool seeing it work too. It literally hand-paints the image you feed it. So cool! 

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited December 2017

Test it first. I'll give you raincheck.

Now you are making me feel guilty.smiley  What a terrific offer, thank you!  You are further tempting me, as the last image really hits my color sweet spot (I tend to like bold reds :).

As Stezza said, I hope that HeadWax sees this.  He is one of the main "traditional" artists around here, and the starter of this NPR thread.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Looks gorgeous, but alas, it's only for Windows sad

This discussion has been closed.