Carrara Non Photo Realistic Works

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

yep, modeled the echidna .. used Carrara hair for the spikes.. it's ok for distance shots smiley

arrrrrrrrrrrrr... is it talk like a pirate day?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

soon :) nice job on the Echidna - I once meant an old professor (well he was 74)  whose speciality was monotremes and he used to go out in the field and milk Echidnas and Platypii for their sperm - he couldn't talk any of his undergrads into doing it.......

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    head wax said:

soon :) nice job on the Echidna - I once meant an old professor (well he was 74)  whose speciality was monotremes and he used to go out in the field and milk Echidnas and Platypii for their sperm - he couldn't talk any of his undergrads into doing it.......

LOL!!! yes

:) dangerous job!

bit of fluffing around

NPR renders and toon pro and waterlogue and filter forge

Image may contain: outdoor

• Pretty much perfect.  Wonderfully consistent texture feel.  I couldn't stop looking at it. Hit my sweet spot - again!

Pretty much perfect.  Wonderfully consistent texture feel.  I couldn't stop looking at it. Hit my sweet spot - again!

thank you UB  :) fun playing!

yep... awesome work yes
    half expecting Hansel & Gretal to jump out at me!

The Invasion

thanks Stezza, that looks like a nightmare. Great idea breaking the frame with the image elements - adds another dimension!

I like the layering of elements - gives a rich texture to the narrative.

PS wonder where Bunyip02 has vanished to.

hopefully giving the 'Barmy Army' heaps devil

maybe having probs with his/her PC
    I'm not sure what gender the Bunyip is blush

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited November 2017
    Stezza said:

Hello Headwax & Stezza

Nice renders !!!!!

I am of the male variety.

I will be a bit quiet on the render front for at least another month as I am updating all of the downloads I have done over the last couple of years, working from A to Z I am currently at M. On top of the updating I am also converting a number of Bryce files for use in Carrara. Here's a render of an alien from Bryce.

Alien Bryce 01.png
    1921 x 1035 - 714K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    Bunyip02 said:
    Stezza said:

Hello Headwax & Stezza

Nice renders !!!!!

I am of the male variety.

I will be a bit quiet on the render front for at least another month as I am updating all of the downloads I have done over the last couple of years, working from A to Z I am currently at M. On top of the updating I am also converting a number of Bryce files for use in Carrara. Here's a render of an alien from Bryce.

hey Bunyip02, that's good news. Nice alien too :) Good to see Bryce getting some love!

edited November 2017

Runaway Stagecoach - wip filter forge photodonut and Topaz Impression for post

stagecoach_Shadow.jpg
    2306 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Headwax on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

HW - wonderful work!

PhilW said:

HW - wonderful work!

thank you PhilW - it was fun :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

​That stagecoach is terrific.  

Diomede said:

​That stagecoach is terrific.  

thank you Diomede 

Holy smokes! The driver... he's... well... he must have fallen off! 

Awesome render HW!

Holy smokes! The driver... he's... well... he must have fallen off! 

Awesome render HW!

ha ha thanks - he is in the cabin with Miss Ella, Sheriff Forsythe's new baby sitter...

Image may contain: outdoor

the Cenotaph outside the big heritage post office in our town - 

great representation... I had to look down Hunter Street on Google Earth to check it out... shame about the old PO... things that could be done with it..

and pigeons yes

thank you Stezza, yes a Chinese Businessman bought it about 15 years ago? The council wouldnt let him put a wine bar in etc so he purposefully (allegedly) let it fall apart. The council then bought it back because of the public outcry for an 'enormous' (allegedly) amount of money. Then the indigenous people claimed it and were given it but they didn't have enough money to fix it... and it has been further damaged by vagrants. Now it's time for the developers to move in.....

That's a nuts story!

Great painting!

thanks Dart :)

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited December 2017

Well, I finally installed PSE 2018.  The goal was to upgrade from PSE 8, and have access to more modern plugins.  And of course, to be as good as Stezza.smiley

It's early, but on the bright side, I can now use the mouse wheel to change layers.smiley  I can also select individual elements in PS document files.  Very useful.

On the dark side, they screwed with the interface.sad  I guess they did this several versions ago.  They changed the default tool adjustments window.  Instead of the thin window at the top of the screen featured in PSE 8 (they still have the window in 2018, now filled with worthless stuff), I now have to open a THICK window (20% of the screen) at the bottom of the screen to acces my tool adjustment settings.  To return to the full screen, the window must be closed.  I've spent several hours trying to get around it, but no luck.  I've found the keyboard shortcut for swapping tools (which means I don't have to open that thick window to change tools), but no shortcut for changing parameters (like size and exposure).

It's only an extra step, but yuck.  Am I just going to need to get used to it?  If so, I may soon be hunting for a taller monitor (16:10).

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

sorry you are having issues, i have a huge monitor so hadnt noticed them, you can click on tool options (bottome left of screen) and that big box thing will vamoose

thanks for the tip on the scroll wheel

:)

pic of my screen if it helps

Untitled-1.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 258K
  • Thanks, but I think you missed my point.  If I click on tool options, the box goes away - and so does my ability to adjust the tool parameters.  In PS 8, the parameters were constantly adjustable on the narrow top of the window, without having to open a box.

PITA.  I guess that I will have to get a "huge" monitor.  What size do you use?

As for the scroll wheel tip, that came from Stezza.  I couldn't do it in PSE 8, but it works fine in 2018.

Yep... a great excuse to get a bigger monitor... I just updated my 21" to a 27" curved.... mmmmmm

I have limited deskspace and that size just about maxes me out... but great realestate for graphic work.

Mightor WiP.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 442K
    Stezza said:

Yep... a great excuse to get a bigger monitor... I just updated my 21" to a 27" curved.... mmmmmm

I have limited deskspace and that size just about maxes me out... but great realestate for graphic work.

I love my 21" but have been thinking of going bigger. Maybe a 27" curved would be just the ticket, as I have room limitations too.

I don't have any issues with the 21". I was only thinking of going bigger for a little extra ease in Carrara's UV Editor, which gets smoother and easier to use the larger we make the UV window.

My 1366 x 720 laptop monitor doesn't show all of my tools from Affinity Photo either, but I know I can configure that - just haven't done it yet. I must say, though... I'm REALLY loving Affinity Photo! 

yep, loved my 21" just passed it down to my daughter who now loves it lol.. Carrara looks so much better in the 27" curved it's unreal .. an early Christmas present for self... you won't be disappointed if you get one. yes

LOL!

I look forward to it, my friend! Thanks for the review! ;)

This discussion has been closed.