Carrara Non Photo Realistic Works

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

lol.... you guys.... 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Awesome!

Oh crap... do you have a good method of cleaning these darned laptop screens? LOL

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited November 2017

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor

a more worked up image, Thanks PhilW Dart and Diomede and a high five back to  Stezza :)

this image is in response to a bunch of %^%$$%#% holes who have allowed/built a racetrack through the historic parts of our city causing amazing amounts of distress and damage in the process

the resdients are in virtual lock down for three days at the end of this week - they have been warned not to protest or antagonise by the police

those black walls have been constructed in reality - the houses you see are that close to the racetrack, the cobblestones dont exist but the remains of convict built roads have been reportedly pulled up and replace with beautiful ashfelt

Post edited by Headwax on

Wow. That sucks the royal batch of rotten eggs, Batman! Imagining the friggin noise, smell, all of it... yikes.

Many residents have left the inner city in the short term - those who have somewhere else to go at least

edited November 2017

Still. Sucks!

Okay, brain-fart. I forgot to remember which of the G'MIC filters I used. They were from the Artistic category - one of the brushes. I ran it first with two filters and didn't like what the first did to the second, so I removed the first for this shot

I think I Waaaaay overdid it in Howler when I went for a more graphic novel/comic book style look - but I did have a lot of fun learning how to apply a crapload of cool effects! ;)

I especially had fun with the various Graphic Pen effects. Lots to do with those!

Skeletron Warrior 1NPR.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 912K
    Skeletron Warrior 1NPR1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on

wow, that first one's spic Dart - the highlights are nicely contained - I do like the glow in the eyes of the second one though!

• xenopticonxenopticon Posts: 26
    edited November 2017
    Bunyip02 said:

Continuing the Ancient Egypt theme.

I had no idea Elon Musk had been around this long!

No wonder he's gotten so much done....

X.

Post edited by xenopticon on

Thanks HW. Yeah... I really overdid it with that second one. I wanted to brighten the image up a bit and went beyond the point of no return... wrecked it! LOL

But it was a fun exercise. The glow (in the eyes) is part of my normal operation, so that part I have down a bit. But these Artistic Brushed or Penned styled filters is still very new to my workflow... addicting though! 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I keep forgettin' which G'MIC filters I've used as well... so really don't use them much now..... 

I'll just stick with post experiments in PSE2018 .. laugh

edited November 2017

I just recently got Affinity Photo, which I really like. I still love my Howler, don't get me wrong, and Howler is more my go-to for something like NPR effects. But for what I've just been learning in Affinity Photo, this makes for a great example, except that it doesn't fit with the thread - not a render, not NPR

My Granddaughter wanted a kitten, but she can't have one where she lives. So her new kitten, Daisey, now lives with us. She'll be 10 weeks on Thanksgiving day ;)

Mostly just practicing using the High-Pass filter in Linear Light mode

(Sorry for the OT)

Ducky 6wks.jpg
    1560 x 1953 - 3M
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    Bunyip02 said:

Continuing the Ancient Egypt theme.

I had no idea Elon Musk had been around this long!

No wonder he's gotten so much done....

X.

they'll telsa ya anything 

Thanks HW. Yeah... I really overdid it with that second one. I wanted to brighten the image up a bit and went beyond the point of no return... wrecked it! LOL

But it was a fun exercise. The glow (in the eyes) is part of my normal operation, so that part I have down a bit. But these Artistic Brushed or Penned styled filters is still very new to my workflow... addicting though! 

hard part is recalling what is what and what did what to what

NOW THAT IS ONE CUTE KITTEN :) nice effect on the whatevere it was pass :)

Stezza said:

I keep forgettin' which G'MIC filters I've used as well... so really don't use them much now..... 

just saw this on facebook - love the characters :)

edited November 2017

here's a closeup of my chaps worked up in GIMP using the GMC filters that Phielemno so kindly put us on to - used a coveregae pass to grab some of the outlines and a shadow pass to rentroduce some 3d effect that was lostt with the GMC filters

used engraving and freaky b and w in the main

CripGMC.jpg
    2173 x 1274 - 2M
    edited November 2017

just discovered the ditthering one

image straight out of carrara and cropped

GMICDitheringnopost.jpg
    2122 x 1082 - 2M
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Dart - a beautiful kitten! And a great photo too (shame it's not a render of that quality!).

yep we should have a cat challenge :) Wendy would win :)

PhilW said:

Dart - a beautiful kitten! And a great photo too (shame it's not a render of that quality!).

edited November 2017

I decided to reexplore Carrara's NPR engine - made a custom stipple brush and combined with a shadow pass and a toon pro pass (lines) and coverage pass and also a diffuse pass

then ran it through filter forge after isolating the background elements with an object pass and painting in some fog as a separator

you can see the NPR texture in most of the image - I used vertical horizntal and U ticked for the brish direction and kept it fairly transparent and also kept the brush sizes to a min - just used diffuse in the NPR part 

please

ignore the poke though on the boy's feet - its an exersize in getting an NPR look

Untitled-2NPR.jpg
    2977 x 1558 - 3M

Very, VERY cool effects! I love it!

Dither one too, although I have to admit that I like the above NPR effects better. Great sketched look to it

...and not to sound like a fanboy or anything, but I also really like the kinda newspapery look of the Gimp/G'MIC version too. 

head wax said:
    Stezza said:

- love the characters :)

+1 yes

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    head wax said:
    Stezza said:

- love the characters :)

+1 yes

+2 !!!!!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    head wax said:

I decided to reexplore Carrara's NPR engine - made a custom stipple brush and combined with a shadow pass and a toon pro pass (lines) and coverage pass and also a diffuse pass

then ran it through filter forge after isolating the background elements with an object pass and painting in some fog as a separator

you can see the NPR texture in most of the image - I used vertical horizntal and U ticked for the brish direction and kept it fairly transparent and also kept the brush sizes to a min - just used diffuse in the NPR part 

please

ignore the poke though on the boy's feet - its an exersize in getting an NPR look

Very nice result !!!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited November 2017

It is good to be the king.

Kong Composite 3.jpg
    1600 x 993 - 275K
    Post edited by Diomede on

thanks Dart et Bunyip02 :)

Diomede glad I am not in that truck!!

Here's another play by me with those same characters - I strtaed with carrara NPR again

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I watched Friedkin's Sorcerer over the weekend. About the only thing he didn't throw at those trucks of unstable dynamite was a giant ape . . . .

I had adjusted the shader of the truck to multichannel mixer to add a layer of dirt driven by a cellular blender, but the truck still appears clean.  Hmmmm.  Won’t matter when Kong catches up, I guess. 

HW - great characters!  I prefer them facing the camera to see their expressions.  yes

I've always enjoyed absorbing the expressions of the back of my son's head/neck. When he'd light his little fireworks thingies, I could just watch the back of his head for hours!

edited November 2017

thanks Diomede et Dart - :) yes expressions from the back can say a lot without much detail

Dioemede - I ended up pulling their eyelashes into their heads and that saved a lot of post work !

I had to beef up the darker skinned child's facial contrast by a bit of burning and dodging - fill layer with neutral grey , make layer parameter Overlay

then attack that layer with burn and dodge - in retrospect could have gaussian blurred it a little as it looks patchy

This discussion has been closed.