April New User 3D Art Contest "Open Render" (WIP)

1789101113»

Comments

• dracorn said:

OK, here we go.  Final, postworked version of "Mandala Mermaids," before I post it.

I absolutely love Mandala Mermaids.  It's different and extremely well done!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I don't think I'm going to make the deadline. Been moving everything to a new computer for the last week or so and still working on it. But the new rig can do Iray fairly fast, so I'm happy! Good luck to everyone, so many great entries this month!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Just a couple hours left to go...

This month has been fun and a lot good entries.

Thanks to everyone who participated and good luck.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Kaliadder ​"Pose: Expression is just ... not ... right .... trying to find that balance of "I may look young and sweet, but don't hack me off and let me find you in a dark alley" ... or something like that."

Based on your idea and looking at your revised expression, I make the following suggestions:

You want her to be friendly but have a little bit of edge.  I suggest taking the right eyebrow and lifting the outer a little, but not enough to be diabolical.  Raise the bottom eyelid on the left (smile) side just a touch. 

Lastly, turn her eyes so that she is looking directly at us. 

I like the lighting in her hand, but what is causing the light?  Are you planning on adding something in postwork?

gadgetude said:
    dracorn said:

OK, here we go.  Final, postworked version of "Mandala Mermaids," before I post it.

I absolutely love Mandala Mermaids.  It's different and extremely well done!

Thanks.  I had fun doing it.  I'm going to make another render diary for this one in my render thread.  I already made one for "Bishop Takes Queen," so check back in a little while.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/70582/dracorn-s-render-thread#latest

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

My original render idea for this month was not to be. Too many distractions (all those new shiny things in the store I pick up and want to render right away) combined with severe lack of self discipline made the time run out on me. But at least I got my other idea in.

Good luck everyone! As usual, many great renders this month. And for everyone not making it, as long as we learn something along the way, we are still winners!

Llynara said:

I don't think I'm going to make the deadline. Been moving everything to a new computer for the last week or so and still working on it. But the new rig can do Iray fairly fast, so I'm happy! Good luck to everyone, so many great entries this month!

New computer!  What utter bliss!  I rendered my mermaids at 3000x3000 in 16 minutes. 

Good luck everybody! 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Good luck everyone!!!

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Best of luck to everyone.  Lots of great work this month.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

The  month has ended...where did it go?

But that does mean this contest is no ended...crying

• KaliadderKaliadder Posts: 69

A whole bunch of awesome renders this month!  Good luck everyone! smiley

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Amazing Renders this month it is going to be a close one this month I can tell!! Good Luck to all