There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,792

I just did what PerttiA said...put in Pro bundle, 3 egyption, and 5 bundles ... I have none of that promo in my wishlist, but, those 5 items ended up bring 89% off. Overall it was a $600 savings. The end total was $132. I have no coupons or tokens. 
    Great overall discount but I do not have 132$ to spend at DAZ, nor would I do it anyway. 

Does this post enhance the conversation? YES ... to say the prices are too high for some customers. Some of us can't throw together carts with all this pay this for that discount offerings.aS HAS BEEN STATED, THE BUYIN FOR THE 50% WISHIST SAVINGS PRETTY MUCH  THROWS AWAY THE DISCOUNT, PLUS ITS STUFF I DONT NEED. aS i'VE BEEN TOLD NUMEROUS TIMES, THEN DONT BUY IT. Sorry about caps.  Well, that's exactly what I do, I don;t buy it. Pricing too high, super quality or not, I don;t buy it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

Yeah, once I saw the buy in for the wishlist sale I knew it was irrelevant for me.

Just keep coming on to check out the lightning ones when I get a chance, most of my purchases have been from that lately when one thing stacks with another sale or something and it drops to about $2 for a item in my wishlist 

Forgive me for asking, PerttiA do you maintain 8 tokens pretty much the whole time?

I presume that must add up. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

theflarf said:

Forgive me for asking, PerttiA do you maintain 8 tokens pretty much the whole time?

I presume that must add up. 

Yes, because without them, the prices don't get low enough.

When one buys a $40 cart late Tuesday (9PM to midnight Daztime), the 8 tokens earned are good until end of Sunday
    To have 8 tokens on Monday and Tuesday, one must buy $80 worth between late Thursday to late Sunday
    Costs $120 a week, but at 88% off or more for the whole carts, I do get items I want very cheap in return.

• Yesterday, I used a pose set for the wish list buy-in. If I'd eventually buy that pose set for about $4 - which I reasonably would - I overpaid by $10 to get in the game. With that, I was able to buy 10 wishlisted items that were already on sale, for an additional 50% off. I saved more than $10 overall on the 10 wishlisted items compared to recent best prices. (Most of what little is in my wishlist at this point, after four months of buying that exemplifies the term "profligate," is still there because it never goes on sale for a good enough price to entice me, or it had just fallen off the "new" list.) I also got a chunk of tokens for this purchase, which offer a yet-to-be-determined monetary value when used to discount a purchase in upcoming days. So for that $10 buy-in, I got more than $10 of value. Basically, if I have the money earmarked to buy Daz stuff, judicious purchase of buy-ins pays for itself.

Today, the math does not work. There are only four items on my wishlist that are on sale already. The amount saved - and my "meh" level of excitement about the items -  does not justify the buy-in. I have my tokens to drop the price a bit, but after letting tokens expire through last week's lean new-stuff offerings, I don't have a surplus of tokens and the buy-in plus the four wishlist items won't earn enough tokens to justify using enough of the ones I have to make a difference. Unless PerttiA* draws my attention to a deal combo that I'm missing, on stuff I can reasonably use, I'm out today. (*Worst co-enabler ever.)  As PerttiA notes, maintaining 8 tokens is pretty much the tactic for this and I usually do as well.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936
    $120 per week. Let's see... That's $6240 in a year. I don't think I personally need another $6240 of Daz stuff this year. I might need to pay my electric bill. ;)

Oh wow yeah no way am I spending $120 a week, admittedly some months on occasion have been big ones, but no chance of that, currently this month i'm probably between 50%-70% of that amount ha.

Also if I understand correctly, that $120 a week to maintain the 8 tokens, and so any spending during that week (even if heavily discounted) would be on top of that amount.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

that's half my income surprise

• Remember the joys of setting up a new computer ... having lost all the bookmarks!!! Does anybody have the link for that personalized 3 hour sale page? tia

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,643

Catherine3678ab said:

Remember the joys of setting up a new computer ... having lost all the bookmarks!!! Does anybody have the link for that personalized 3 hour sale page? tia

This:  https://www.daz3d.com/lightning-deals

theflarf said:

Also if I understand correctly, that $120 a week to maintain the 8 tokens, and so any spending during that week (even if heavily discounted) would be on top of that amount.

No, the $120 is for the heavily discounted stuff, which gets one 16 tokens in return.

• Charlie Judge said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Remember the joys of setting up a new computer ... having lost all the bookmarks!!! Does anybody have the link for that personalized 3 hour sale page? tia

This:  https://www.daz3d.com/lightning-deals

Thank you! :-) 

PerttiA said:

theflarf said:

No, the $120 is for the heavily discounted stuff, which gets one 16 tokens in return.

Ah okay, I understand.

Outside of my budget regardless  laugh

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

PerttiA said:

theflarf said:

Do you really do renders with all the stuff you buy, or are you mostly a collector? 'Cause for me the biggest de-motivation for all these amazing sales is the need to buy a bunch of stuff I will never ever need to get a single item I *might* need...

maikdecker said:

PerttiA said:

theflarf said:

Do you really do renders with all the stuff you buy, or are you mostly a collector? 'Cause for me the biggest de-motivation for all these amazing sales is the need to buy a bunch of stuff I will never ever need to get a single item I *might* need...

I don't know what I need when I start building a scene, I may start with one idea and it may turn into something completely different and I need variety, since not everything fits the style of the scene I'm working on.

Buying something only when one needs it is a sure way to pay the premium for everything, I rather buy interesting/useful stuff at less than $2 per item at 90-96% off

• PerttiA said:

maikdecker said:

PerttiA said:

theflarf said:

I don't know what I need when I start building a scene, I may start with one idea and it may turn into something completely different and I need variety, since not everything fits the style of the scene I'm working on.

Buying something only when one needs it is a sure way to pay the premium for everything, I rather buy interesting/useful stuff at less than $2 per item at 90-96% off

In my case, I'm a relatively new Daz user catching up on all the stuff that a lot of the rest of you have spent years accumulating. Tokens and gimmicky sales like these made it possible to do so at enormous discount. True enough, I am reaching a point where I have almost everything I need/want from my favorite PAs, so my buying has slowed down somewhat.

Have 3 tokens expiring today from last weeks triple Wednesday, so put in one 'Day 2' New Release for WISHGRANTED at $7.13, picked up 10 wishlist DO items from Summer Flashback, picked two Daz+ New releases and one Weekly Featured Daz+ Item and one older Daz+ item

Subtotal = $324.37
    Price of the cart = $30 at 90.7% off (with 8 tokens)

• Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised that WISHGRANTED was still around today. Yesterday, I had only four wishlisted items on sale and walked away; thanks to Summer Flashback, I had more than 10 to choose from. Throwing in some new poses from today and recent days and will get a nice little cart at double tokens

• Glad folks were able to use the wishlist promo. If there were any buttons I wanted, believe you me, I would have used it. 

But (I hope) there's always another wishlist sale. It really is one of the better Daz sales tactics IMO even if I am bummed that it wasn't for me this time.

Triple tokens today smiley but another day of sales where all the offers require a buyin from a very limited selection of items I am not interested in. sad

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,296

Charlie Judge said:

Triple tokens today smiley but another day of sales where all the offers require a buyin from a very limited selection of items I am not interested in. sad

Yeah, same here. I understand why there are buy-ins. I can live with that. But the selection of buy-ins is often very small (even smaller when you have themed releases or expansions for one product taking up the release slots). 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

Charlie Judge said:

Ditto. Good deal for swimsuit enthusiasts, but I have all the beachwear I need.

• Well, you get the triple tokens on anything. Unfortunately, there's just nothing across all of the banner ads that builds a worthwhile cart for me. 

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited August 2023

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Well, you get the triple tokens on anything. Unfortunately, there's just nothing across all of the banner ads that builds a worthwhile cart for me. 

G2 & G3 DO 3 for 1.99 on now https://www.daz3d.com/ignite-your-creativity Or 30% extra off if add new item over $5.00. Can use coupon twice.

Catherine3678ab said:

If you still have your old PC you can still get your bookmarks to your new one. In case you can, here's how. On old PC. Launch browser. Go to Bookmark Manager, Click gear and choose Export Bookmarks. Save to an external drive so you can port to new PC. On new PC in Bookmark Manager select Import instead of export. Select the file you copied.

note: Backup & Restore can also work but I never use it because it replaces bookmarked favorites, whereas Import adds to any bookmarks you have. I often export and name file Exported-Bookmarks FF (xxxx-xx-xx) or Exported Bookmarks GC (xxxx-xx-xx) just in case I want something from the past. (useful for Wayback if needed).

Post edited by ArtAngel on

ArtAngel said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Well, you get the triple tokens on anything. Unfortunately, there's just nothing across all of the banner ads that builds a worthwhile cart for me. 

G2 & G3 DO 3 for 1.99 on now https://www.daz3d.com/ignite-your-creativity Or 30% extra off if add new item over $5.00. Can use coupon twice.

Unfotunately, I already have all of these older items that I want even at the $1.99 orice.

This is the second week in a row that we have gotten triple tokens on Wednesday.  I wonder if it will become a regular occurrance. It would be nice if it does.

• ArtAngel said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Catherine3678ab said:

If you still have your old PC you can still get your bookmarks to your new one. In case you can, here's how. On old PC. Launch browser. Go to Bookmark Manager, Click gear and choose Export Bookmarks. Save to an external drive so you can port to new PC. On new PC in Bookmark Manager select Import instead of export. Select the file you copied.

note: Backup & Restore can also work but I never use it because it replaces bookmarked favorites, whereas Import adds to any bookmarks you have. I often export and name file Exported-Bookmarks FF (xxxx-xx-xx) or Exported Bookmarks GC (xxxx-xx-xx) just in case I want something from the past. (useful for Wayback if needed).

Looks like .83 with 8 tokens and an item. I could actually use those Art Concrete Shaders which end up being $5.28 with the tokens. 

There are even some G3/G8 items, G3 skins and hair are practically G8 and G3 clothing fits pretty well on G8.

Even without using tokens, I get the cart to 91% off, with 8 tokens it goes down to 95% off...

• Still at $0 spending for the month with a week to go... looks like today's sales will get me a day closer to my goal.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

The Dream Doll outfit (G9 only, shirt, shorts, skates, cassette player) costs more than the Kadis Armor (G9 and G8F, over 2 dozen pieces, poses and more). Huh? Why?

This discussion has been closed.