There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,584
    edited August 2023

Yeah, I put four Daz+ items in the cart for $1.99 and searched the store for an item above $2.05 = $10.04 at 87% off

Have $133.15 on my prepaid credit card and when I pull the trigger, I get $136.78 in store credit, 5 items "for free" and 3 more tokens - Not the best of deals but ok.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,479

PerttiA said:

Yeah, I put four Daz+ items in the cart for $1.99 and searched the store for an item above $2.05 = $10.04 at 87% off

Have $133.15 on my prepaid credit card and when I pull the trigger, I get $136.78 in store credit, 5 items "for free" and 3 more tokens - Not the best of deals but ok.

mo tokens on GC sales?  so 100x3?

• winmathwinmath Posts: 131

It's worth it if you are getting a $200+ card. Spend $20 (items) + $160 ($200 card). Get 6 tokens for a 30% discount later.

If you have tokens use them to buy the items.  $28.60 * 0.7 ( 6 tokens) = $20.02 - Get your 6 tokens back.

• winmathwinmath Posts: 131

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

mo tokens on GC sales?  so 100x3?

The gift cards don't earn tokens

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 266

- "Build your own Fast Grab"  - cool

- "3 items" - well at least some decent items there

- "70% off" - could do better...

- "Use Code XXX" - sure is great o keep getting those usless coupons i can never use on anything exciting.... oh well at least there was one item i could use as buy in...

"and BUY THE BUNDLE" - .... *close page*

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 110

Tomhip said:

- "Use Code XXX" - sure is great o keep getting those usless coupons i can never use on anything exciting.... oh well at least there was one item i could use as buy in...

I couldn't have had a more similar thought pattern and ending to this, exact same process

Oh well saves me some monies 

Tried to play, but...

Flashsale, 3 items for 88% off (with tokens) when one buys the bundle - The discount is not quite there for such a buy-in and three items is no incentive.
    Get an EXTRA 70% OFF* up to 5 of these Stunning Daz Original Bundles - Ok, but when one has already bought lots of items included in the bundles, where's the "pay only for items you don't own"?
    Hidden Treasures From The Past - Only 16 non-bundle G8 products, giving just 87% off. The bundles... Where's the "pay only for items you don't own"?
    Featured Artists - Just 87% off

If they want me to buy new stuff for $46, I expect to be rewarded with getting some 25-30 older items at 90-95% off to balance the buy-in.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314

Given that the 5 bundles at 70% off stacks with the Personal Flash Grab coupon then this deal will let you get five DO bundles at 96% off, assuming you have 8 tokens, which I do, for the first time in a while, thanks to getting a gift card yesterday during the x3 token sale.

However the buy in Pro Bundle is pretty niche. A lioness in a sci-fi egyptian settings is really a niche, within a niche, and I personally can not see me using anything in the pro bundle. That means I am spending around 45$ dollars just to get the other discount, which pretty much blows away the incentive. I am sure those people looking for a lioness flying through space to a future ancient Egypt will be overjoyed, but I am not one of those people.

• dortybassadortybassa Posts: 491
    edited August 2023
    8 tokens you say? After a year not having tokens when I needed them I have 94 and a couple of days to use them! What a silly system. Think I'll just use them to buy some free items!!!
    Post edited by dortybassa on

For those interested, with the GIMME-TWO (and 8 tokens), one can get both, the Niketa Pro Bundle and Mira 9 Pro bundle for 86% off = $24.49 + $26.08 = $50.57
    Bundles must be the first and second item in the cart, the additional new items from those promotions must come after the two bundles.

Another find, If one selects bundles (Niketa Promotion) that can be found on both, "Stunning Daz Original Bundles" and "Hidden Treasures From The Past", one gets them down to 96% off if one has Niketa Pro Bundle in the cart (and 8 tokens)

• ElorElor Posts: 739
    edited August 2023

PerttiA said:

For those interested, with the GIMME-TWO (and 8 tokens), one can get both, the Niketa Pro Bundle and Mira 9 Pro bundle for 86% off = $24.49 + $26.08 = $50.57

My maths is off as you see those prices and I don't have (and never had) 8 tokens to reproduce what you are doing, but isn't 8 tokens supposed to be 40 % off ?

Doing the maths with LibreOffice, I get that for the Mira Pro Bundle (I did every step I could, to compare with what I see in my cart with what LibreOffice get me):

• Base price: $180.99
    • 51% off the previous price: $88.69
    • GIMMIE-TWO: $62.08
    • 8 tokens : $39,73

My two tokens get the Mira Pro Bundle to $55.87, either in LibreOffice or in my cart (with the Nikita Pro Bundle in the cart too) so I think my maths should be correct for 8 tokens, but it's fall short of your excellent price.

On top of the GIMMIE-TWO coupon and 8 tokens, to get down to 26.08, I would have to apply another 30% off (another GIMME-TWO coupons or 6 tokens on top of the 8 already used).

DAZ sales still remain a mystery to me blush

Post edited by Elor on

Elor said:

PerttiA said:

My maths is off as you see those prices and I don't have (and never had) 8 tokens to reproduce what you are doing, but isn't 8 tokens supposed to be 40 % off ?

Doing the maths with LibreOffice, I get that for the Mira Pro Bundle (I did every step I could, to compare with what I see in my cart with what LibreOffice get me):

• Base price: $180.99
    • 51% off the previous price: $88.69
    • GIMMIE-TWO: $62.08
    • 8 tokens : $39,73

My two tokens get the Mira Pro Bundle to $55.87, either in LibreOffice or in my cart ( (with the Nikita Pro Bundle in the cart too) so I think my maths should be correct for 8 tokens, but it's fall short of your excellent price.

On top of the GIMMIE-TWO coupon and 8 tokens, to get down to 26.08, I would have to apply another 30% off (another GIMME-TWO coupons or 6 tokens on top of the 8 already used).

DAZ sales still remain a mystery to me blush

The extra 30% off comes from adding 3 Egyptian New Releases to the cart (at 79% off)
    The price for Mira 9 also needs two New releases from her promotion (at 79% off)

Of course the Pro Bundle is said New Release, so only two other Egypt releases too.

dortybassa said:

Of course the Pro Bundle is said New Release, so only two other Egypt releases too.

Nope, The Niketa Pro Bundle PLUS 3+ Egyptian New Releases gives Extra 30% off them.

PerttiA said:

dortybassa said:

Nope, The Niketa Pro Bundle PLUS 3+ Egyptian New Releases gives Extra 30% off them.

OMG.. I do apologise 

• ElorElor Posts: 739

PerttiA said:

The extra 30% off comes from adding 3 Egyptian New Releases to the cart (at 79% off)
    The price for Mira 9 also needs two New releases from her promotion (at 79% off)

Oh, I forgot about them but to my defense I'll say that right now, the Mira HD sales page is not speaking about that 30 % (but it's funny: the small text saying '*Items must be in cart simultaneously for discount to apply' is still here laugh) but now that you're speaking about it, it did speak about those 30% when the offer was launched. I should also have viewed the Nikita page blush

Thank you !

• theflarf said:

Tomhip said:

I couldn't have had a more similar thought pattern and ending to this, exact same process

Oh well saves me some monies 

They've certainly been making it much easier to keep my spending way down this summer.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627
    edited August 2023

...same here, bad enough that most buy ins for a special discount or deal tend to be somewhere in the range of 15 - 25$, but a bundle that costs 83$ No way.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Well, with the new "GIMMIE-TWO" the Niketa Pro Bundle comes down to approx. $25. But in doing so one looses the ability to utilize the "PERSONAL-FG" coupon. Makes no sense to me.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Tomhip said:

To make shopping easier, always check the first and last lines of those promotions first, which is where the "BUY THE BUNDLE..." conditions usually are placed. Saves you the time to read all the lines between them and the excitement of getting a nice deal...

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,374
    edited August 2023

Well, a wishlist sale this weekend; but with a buyin from a small niche of items I'm not particularly interested in, new items excluded, and none of my non-new wislist items otherwise in a sale to stack with the 50% discount the slae is not of much use to me.

It would be more interesting if new items were included in the discount and/or there was a wider range of products to use for the buyin.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Charlie Judge said:

Well, a wishlist sale this weekend; but with a buyin from a small niche of items I'm not particularly interested in, new items excluded, and none of my non-new wislist items otherwise in a sale to stack with the 50% discount the slae is not of much use to me.

It would be more interesting if new items were included in the discount and/or there was a wider range of products to use for the buyin.

Agreed. I saw the Wishlist Sale banner and went "Yay!" Went to the page for details; saw the buy-in, thought "Eff this!" and closed the page.

I really liked the Wishlist promo as it was, with practically no limits other than the items had to have been Wishlisted before the sale. In fact it was my favorite promo type after the older, cheaper version of Daz+ for a Day. Yes, I would likely be paying more than D+FAD prices, but the selection would be 100% things I was interested in, not luck of the draw.

But no, Daz had to make it complicated.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Charlie Judge said:

Agreed. I saw the Wishlist Sale banner and went "Yay!" Went to the page for details; saw the buy-in, thought "Eff this!" and closed the page.

Same! Was all excited for a second.

• AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 645
    edited August 2023

I have in my basket this...

https://www.daz3d.com/fe-punk-hair-vol-3-for-genesis-9-and-8-female

...and two items which have been on my wishlist since they were released.

https://www.daz3d.com/quasar-hair-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-female

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-vixen-suit-genesis-9-and-8-female

...and a gift card.

MAkE-A-WISH does nothing. I tried removing the gift card. Still nothing. Should this be working or have I misunderstood?

If this is not working, rather than me missing something, will I be able to get this purchase an the correct price next week when support are back?

Post edited by AndrewJJP on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,374

AndrewJJP said:

...and a gift card.

MAkE-A-WISH does nothing. I tried removing the gift card. Still nothing. Should this be working or have I misunderstood?

If this is not working, rather than me missing something, will I be able to get this purchase an the correct price next week when support are back? It whould be nice to get that gift card and there isn't much on sale I want :(

Those are all new items and they are excluded from receiving the MAKE-A-WISH discounts. 

• AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 645
    edited August 2023

Charlie Judge said:

AndrewJJP said:

...and a gift card.

If this is not working, rather than me missing something, will I be able to get this purchase an the correct price next week when support are back? It whould be nice to get that gift card and there isn't much on sale I want :(

Those are all new items and they are excluded from receiving the MAKE-A-WISH discounts. 

Thank you! I had a feeling it must me be me since nobody else was saying anything. This is wishlist sale is even worse than it looked, I'm sure new items have worked in previons sales that required no qualifying purchase! Oh well, I expect i can choose something else! At least there is some new G8 stuff today which I want smiley.

Post edited by AndrewJJP on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627

...the "Swift Savings" sale seems to primarily be just another DO sale save for a handful of PA stores like Stonemason, TheAntFarm, Riversoft Art, and Polish. In a number of cases it is only a small selection of products from PA stores (for example was hoping to get one of the utilities by Riversoft, however the one I need isn't part of the sale).

I tend to reserve my PA coupon for actual PA items particularly as I also have the 6$ off a DO coupon, and often DOs get a deeper discount than PA items on various sales (or sometimes are even "free" bonus items).. 

Wish there was a filter to hide DOs like there is for Daz+ items.

AndrewJJP said:

Charlie Judge said:

AndrewJJP said:

...and a gift card.

Thank you! I had a feeling it must me be me since nobody else was saying anything. This is wishlist sale is even worse than it looked, I'm sure new items have worked in previons sales that required no qualifying purchase! Oh well, I expect i can choose something else! At least there is some new G8 stuff today which I want smiley.

The trick is in stacking, put Niketa Pro bundle plus 3 Egyptian New Releases in the cart and select five wishlist items from Hidden Treasures that are also in Stunning Daz Original Bundles and get them for 98% off, the remaining five one gets for 94% off. 

• PerttiA said:

AndrewJJP said:

Charlie Judge said:

AndrewJJP said:

...and a gift card.

The trick is in stacking, put Niketa Pro bundle plus 3 Egyptian New Releases in the cart and select five wishlist items from Hidden Treasures that are also in Stunning Daz Original Bundles and get them for 98% off, the remaining five one gets for 94% off. 

Sounds like you got a great deal on things you were into and it's  always fun when a plan comes together. :)

Now all I wanted this weekend was to buy a handful of Wishlisted items for a decent price without buying things I am not into or that I like but already have similar stuff.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,351

PerttiA said:

AndrewJJP said:

Charlie Judge said:

AndrewJJP said:

...and a gift card.

PerttiA, you elevate the popular game 'Daz Cart Jenga' to a veritable science, and you're darn good at it. I still don't know exactly how you get to discounts of 94% or something like that, especially if you need higher buy-ins (which have to be factored in), but one day I'll get it... ;-) Until then, I'll stick with the principle miladyderyni mentioned: If no interesting items are offered for the buy-in, I'll do without the sale.

This discussion has been closed.