There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,809

kyoto kid said:

...I remember geting 20% for a 100$ card once.

The best deal ever was a 50% off one item coupon years ago that happened to work on gift cards; I foolishly only bought a $200 one... blush

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,749

I remember the 20% off $200 gc deal.

• alan bard newcomer said:

I don't buy much anymore mostly because I have so much that getting more the one item  and anything to combine with it on one day are pretty impossible ... but I keep trying.
    Today artist flash sale 50% off plus more for two items and more for three 
    And looks it includes Code 66 and I've been waiting to get tool box 3... 
    whoops even thought it's older than one of his items on sale... it's not on sale. 
    ---
    So the virgin cash card a friend sent me a couple months age.. remains untouched at $200
    Is it burning a hole in my pocket... must be cause I keep checking in expecting something to change
    And I remain completely unimressed with five pages of selections that last 2 of which are V3

On the off hand chance that toolbox 3 was inadvertanly left out I checked in to see if it had been added...  
    nope
    So it was deliberately left out and I am deliberately logging out and not buying a thing. 
    However, I don't think our not buying anything means anything .... the quality of ridiculess sales is escalating ... so either their response to declining sales is to offer more of the same or there are people out there buying the stuff. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 329

Was just wondering if all the gift card sales were in some short flash I just missed or what. Been out of store credit for almost 3 weeks now :D

• stelaristelari Posts: 80

Tomhip said:

Was just wondering if all the gift card sales were in some short flash I just missed or what. Been out of store credit for almost 3 weeks now :D

Looks to still be active, although it was hidden down the sales page here: https://www.daz3d.com/big-city-life

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Over the last months there has been several sales where one was given 10-20% off the whole cart, without the gift cards being excluded.

Ok, they may have required buying some debut new or new release, but if one was buying them anyway, why not just throw in a gift card as well for added benefit

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

I remember once, a good while ago, discounts stacked and I got a gift card 40% off. I'm sure it was unintentional.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

lou_harper said:

I remember once, a good while ago, discounts stacked and I got a gift card 40% off. I'm sure it was unintentional.

27% was the most I have gotten. I have stopped getting CGs since I find that if I have a large amount of store credit I spend it MUCH faster then just normal purchasing.

FSMCDesigns said:

lou_harper said:

27% was the most I have gotten. I have stopped getting CGs since I find that if I have a large amount of store credit I spend it MUCH faster then just normal purchasing.

So true. But for me it's tax write-off and I hate dealing with all the little bills.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,136

Hello,

Small question but why does every sales page says 'Cannot be used to discount items already owned' ? Why would someone pay another time for something they already bought ?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,442
    edited August 2023

Elor said:

Hello,

Small question but why does every sales page says 'Cannot be used to discount items already owned' ? Why would someone pay another time for something they already bought ?

It's excluding buying the item at the lower price and asking for a refund on a previous purchase at a higher price.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Elor said:

Hello,

I think some would try to get a refund of the difference.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,296

Elor said:

Hello,

Richard has already answered the question, but it's also worth noting that there were cases when buying an item again was of benefit, for example, buying a $4 item would give you an extra 30% discount on other items in your cart, making you save, let's say, $20-30 on other items by paying that $4 for something you already have. They don't happen too often, but they do happen.

This has nothing to do with the exclusion you asked about, but it does answer the question why would someone pay once more for something they own.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,136

Thank you: I didn't think about refund or getting a better discount as a reason to buy a product a second time blush

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,493

lou_harper said:

Elor said:

Hello,

I think some would try to get a refund of the difference.

This was a standard, officially approved use of the return policy back in the days when most products were only discounted occasionally, before the current eternal rotating sale.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

PerttiA said:

...required buying some debut new... why not just throw in a gift card as well for added benefit

Probably because the debut new items are either Generation 9 - which I don't want to buy - or low-discount items that I don't want to buy for that price... and adding that I just don't have the funds available to spend $ 200.- for a gift card.

Right now I even have problems to find some DO items to use my "DAZ+ $ 6.- off" monthly coupon most of the time. Having still 158 items in my wishlist, but none ot them could benefit from that coupon... and it's probably a year since I added a new DO item the last time to the wishlist..

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited August 2023

...same here, i'm fine with G3 & G8. which means less incentive to get better discounts/deals as most new releases are G9 (even PC+ items).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

...same here, i'm fine with G3 & G8. which means less incentive to get better discounts/deals as most new releases are G (even PC+ items).

I have found (1 of) my people!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

kyoto kid said:

...same here, i'm fine with G3 & G8. which means less incentive to get better discounts/deals as most new releases are G9 (even PC+ items).

I have found (1 of) my people!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,868

After starting to use G9 seriously, I badly needed a G9 DeTriangulator. Even well-made G8 dresses were triangulating. I'm so thankful for Sickleyield coming through to save the day.

xyer0 said:

After starting to use G9 seriously, I badly needed a G9 DeTriangulator. Even well-made G8 dresses were triangulating. I'm so thankful for Sickleyield coming through to save the day.

Ditto! That was an auto-buy for me.

• lou_harper said:

xyer0 said:

Ditto! That was an auto-buy for me.

Not a G9 user, but definitely a Sickleyield fan. Not only are her utilities great but she makes such good fantasy items and she's stepped in to answer questions about not just her own products but other models.

In unrelated facetiousness, I think the Pandora bundle is missing a box.

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

In unrelated facetiousness, I think the Pandora bundle is missing a box.

The rest of her wardrobe must be in it. 

• no noseno nose Posts: 306

x3 tokens a day before they reset? really?

• no nose said:

They don't have a set day, they reset on the fourth day after earnign them.

• no noseno nose Posts: 306

Richard Haseltine said:

no nose said:

oh, just my bad luck then. Honestly wish they lasted at least a little longer

no nose said:

Richard Haseltine said:

no nose said:

oh, just my bad luck then. Honestly wish they lasted at least a little longer

If one makes a purchase between 9PM and midnight Daztime, the tokens earned are good for five days. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,791

oh ..the GC sale..isn;t that special ... You're not saving anything really. LLike $100 GC would $90, but you spend $10 to get it.  at 149.99 you spend 134.99 so you save $5. 3.33% overall. I guess its saving something at least. 

Daz Gift Card Sale

Buy $5 worth of Items to get: 5% OFF* on any Gift Card $50 - $99.99
    Buy $10 worth of Items to get: 10% OFF* on any Gift Card $100-$149.99
    Buy $15 worth of Items to get: 15% OFF* on any Gift Card $150-199.99
    Buy $20+ worth of Items to get: 20% OFF* on any Gift Card over $200

daveso said:

oh ..the GC sale..isn;t that special ... You're not saving anything really. LLike $100 GC would $90, but you spend $10 to get it.  at 149.99 you spend 134.99 so you save $5. 3.33% overall. I guess its saving something at least. 

Daz Gift Card Sale

One also gets 3 tokens for buying something worth $10 

• daveso said:

Daz Gift Card Sale

The larger cards would save, but I would hope for the lower values people would buy only thjings they more-or-less wanted, treating the GC saving as (in whole or in part) a saving on the item. But if the offer doesn't work, just walk on by - Daz will see the results in the offer's perfomance.

This discussion has been closed.