Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• Richard Haseltine said:

thistledownsname said:

I'm trying to use my Plat-Club coupon today and it's not giving me the full $6.  Not trying anything complicated, just two DA items in the cart.  Played around with various combinations of items, all come to about $5.50 off.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-time-jumper-hd-outfit-bundle-for-genesis-8-and-81-females
    https://www.daz3d.com/the-young-wizard-outfit-props-for-genesis-8-and-81-males

It's probably an ordering issue - I would suggest checking out and opening a Sales Ticket to ask for credit for the lost portion. make sure you include details of the applicable sales.

Done, thanks

• zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 681
    edited July 2022

Apparently the individual Wild West items by PA Charles (ex. Wild West Town Hotels, Town Center, Town Stores) are the same items sold in the collection Wild West Town, but Wild West Town does not reflect this in its description, only the individual products do. Have I got that right?

Post edited by zombiewhacker on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,482

NorthOf45 said:

marble said:

If anyone has read through this thread they might have noticed that I have been repeating a point about the so-called Streak offers as the days go by. I am still stuck on Day 2 - so much for streaking ahead. This is despite the fact that I have purchased multiples of items on three days out of the last week. What galls me is not the fact that I'm being denied a few % points of discount but more the fact that I have been buying from this store since 2004 and there is absolutely no recognition of my purchasing loyalty. Instead, I see others with bumped up discounts while I remain at the minimum. I know that this is not deliberate targeting of myself but general incompetence of the marketing and programming teams at DAZ but I will just say that should any viable competition to DAZ arrive in the marketplace, I will show DAZ the same kind of loyalty they have shown me.

I can sympathize, I had some perplexing results early in the promotion myself. A few things to consider:

-The 7-Day period is a moving target, and if there are any holes in that span where you did not buy, each one will stick around until they age out after 7 days.

-I suspect that the expiry time for the streak count is 00:00 UTC (also supported by a couple other users), which for you in NZ is 10:00 AM. Your streak will drop by one if you do not buy something by then. Not exactly sure when the timer starts, but I know I was stuck losing a day of the streak every day if I purchased later in the evening (after 8:00PM EDT for me). Make a purchase, streak goes up, next day, streak goes down again after a certain time.

-I have had some success making an eligible purchase (a DAZ+ item, or, as someone said, I think it was Barbult, buy a $1 gift card) that will bump your status back up right away (or maybe after a few minutes), then you can get your streak and discount back, but you have to do it every day.

I have a few posts about this on the previous page or two of this thread that might explain it in more detail...

Thanks for your comments. I would just say that I can only buy at times when I am awake and at my PC. Secondly, no matter whether I have bought or not (and I have bought multiple items on 3 out of 7 days) nothing has moved the discount since it went from Day 3 to Day 2 only hours after it was initially introduced.  If I were cynical I would say that DAZ are actually ignoring customers who do not spend large amounts daily (and I know there are people who do - I just don't have the income to support that kind of spending). The point I made about my loyalty to DAZ is an indication that such cynicism is getting closer to the surface of my thinking.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,874

NorthOf45 said:

I can sympathize, I had some perplexing results early in the promotion myself. A few things to consider:

-I suspect that the expiry time for the streak count is 00:00 UTC (also supported by a couple other users), which for you in NZ is 10:00 AM. Your streak will drop by one if you do not buy something by then. Not exactly sure when the timer starts, but I know I was stuck losing a day of the streak every day if I purchased later in the evening (after 8:00PM EDT for me). Make a purchase, streak goes up, next day, streak goes down again after a certain time.

I think I can confirm that the streak count expires at 00:00 UTC time. I put a bunch of stuff in my cart a couple hours past midnight Daz time, and at that point, my streak was, miraculously, at six days and 12% (after having been stuck at 5% for a couple days). I wasn't able to check out at that point, went and did a few other things for the rest of the day, and just came back to it, and the cart is at 10% and five days. It's still more than two hours until Daz midnight, so store rollover has nothing to do with when the streak resets down ... but it only goes to the next level UP at Daz midnight. There's a four hour gap where the streak is essentially taking no real notice of what you do.

What baffles me is why Daz set anything to do anything at UTC midnight. They haven't before, and there's no huge benefit to anyone to doing it now.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,129

zombiewhacker said:

Apparently the individual Wild West items by PA Charles (ex. Wild West Town Hotels, Town Center, Town Stores) are the same items sold in the collection Wild West Town, but Wild West Town does not reflect this in its description, only the individual products do. Have I got that right?

Same with https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-cb-mollie-mae-outfit-for-genesis-8-females-bundle and https://www.daz3d.com/-dforce-ranch-outfit-for-genesis-8-males-bundle

It's getting extremely difficult to keep track of what's included in what. :(

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,710

Something is off with the store / Paypal payment, when I try to check out, I get: 'Your PayPal transaction could not be processed at this time'. Please check and fix, thanks!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925

vwrangler said:

NorthOf45 said:

I think I can confirm that the streak count expires at 00:00 UTC time. I put a bunch of stuff in my cart a couple hours past midnight Daz time, and at that point, my streak was, miraculously, at six days and 12% (after having been stuck at 5% for a couple days). I wasn't able to check out at that point, went and did a few other things for the rest of the day, and just came back to it, and the cart is at 10% and five days. It's still more than two hours until Daz midnight, so store rollover has nothing to do with when the streak resets down ... but it only goes to the next level UP at Daz midnight. There's a four hour gap where the streak is essentially taking no real notice of what you do.

What baffles me is why Daz set anything to do anything at UTC midnight. They haven't before, and there's no huge benefit to anyone to doing it now.

This isn't suppose to be the behavior. It is not suppose to effect the discount until Daz midnight. I reported it.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,235

tsroemi said:

Something is off with the store / Paypal payment, when I try to check out, I get: 'Your PayPal transaction could not be processed at this time'. Please check and fix, thanks!

is anyon else experiencing this? 

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,235
    edited July 2022

tsroemi said:

You may need to do a ticket. We can't test it and no one else is corroborating. 
    (edit: check that all your personal info is up to date)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

tsroemi said:

Have you tried it again since? Could'a just been timing 

edited July 2022

frank0314 said:

tsroemi said:

No, it's still not working. I just tried once more on the iPad and then on the laptop, both give out the same message. Directly, I can access Paypal just fine, so it must be something on DAZ's end.

Can anyone confirm they DID use Paypal in the last few hours?

Edit: Okay, maybe the fault lies with the gift card I tried to buy. Just now I emptied the cart of it and put some other things in instead, and it let me check out with Paypal as usual. Weird! I always buy everything with gift cards and then store credit, never had any problem before. Will send this update to the help team also, as I'd already submitted a ticket. The gift card was for 25,00.

Edit 2: Yep, it's the gift card. After the purchase before went through fine, I tried once more to buy a GC, this time for 50,00, and again, the order could not be processed. So it's probably the gift cards that need checking.

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

vwrangler said:

NorthOf45 said:

I have been stuck at 1 day, no matter what.  I have made purchases from the clearance selections over the last couple of days and still have only have a 1 day streak.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,650
    edited July 2022

tsroemi said:

frank0314 said:

tsroemi said:

No, it's still not working. I just tried once more on the iPad and then on the laptop, both give out the same message. Directly, I can access Paypal just fine, so it must be something on DAZ's end.

Edit: Okay, maybe the fault lies with the gift card I tried to buy. Just now I emptied the cart of it and put some other things in instead, and it let me check out with Paypal as usual. Weird! I always buy everything with gift cards and then store credit, never had any problem before. Will send this update to the help team also, as I'd already submitted a ticket. The gift card was for 25,00.

Edit 2: Yep, it's the gift card. After the purchase before went through fine, I tried once more to buy a GC, this time for 50,00, and again, the order could not be processed. So it's probably the gift cards that need checking.

I had that happen a couple of days ago and this seems to be an old problem that is resurfacing. The workaround was to enter the 3 digit CCV code for your credit card but then select PayPal payment. It probably should be submitted to fix again.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 963
    edited July 2022

Nothing quite like the way things stack here. 

From today's 'Items You May Have Missed' sale:

40% for 1 item + 10% for buying 2 + 14% stacking discount = 46% off

Woohoo - 6%!

Post edited by evacyn on
  • that isn't including the stacking, just the 40% and the extra 10% (of 605 is 6% of the original, for a total of 46%).

edited July 2022

evacyn said:

Nothing quite like the way things stack here. 

From today's 'Items You May Have Missed' sale:

40% for 1 item + 10% for buying 2 + 14% stacking discount = 46% off

Woohoo - 6%!

The  stacking \ streaking discount excludes new items

tsroemi said:

frank0314 said:

tsroemi said:

Thanks for letting us know what it was.

Charlie Judge said:

tsroemi said:

frank0314 said:

tsroemi said:

I had that happen a couple of days ago and this seems to be an old problem that is resurfacing. The workaround was to enter the 3 digit CCV code for your credit card but then select PayPal payment. It probably should be submitted to fix again.

Thanks a lot, I'll give this a try if the sales dept can't fix it. Submitted a ticket earlier today, so hopefully it will be sorted out. I'm relieved to hear it probably has nothing to do with my account. 

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 803

I have been purchasing at least at least 1 item daily often several but yet my discount dropped from 14-12 percent. It is reporting a streak of 12% and only discounting by 12% is anyone else having this issue?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,446

JazzyBear said:

I have been purchasing at least at least 1 item daily often several but yet my discount dropped from 14-12 percent. It is reporting a streak of 12% and only discounting by 12% is anyone else having this issue?

Yes. Go back a few pages in this discussion...

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 440

Can anyone explain the mathematics going on below to me please? My $6 Platinum coupon appears to be only worth $4.38

Skater Girl Bundle, with streak discount and todays bundle discount it's in my basket at $25.88
    It's a valid item to use the Platinum coupon on, so I expect to see the price drop to $19.88, except it doesn't, it only drops to $21.50
    Meaning my $6 coupon is only worth $4.38. What's going on? I can't seen any small print warning about stacking or other discounts not applying etc.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

ecks201 said:

Can anyone explain the mathematics going on below to me please? My $6 Platinum coupon appears to be only worth $4.38

Skater Girl Bundle, with streak discount and todays bundle discount it's in my basket at $25.88
    It's a valid item to use the Platinum coupon on, so I expect to see the price drop to $19.88, except it doesn't, it only drops to $21.50
    Meaning my $6 coupon is only worth $4.38. What's going on? I can't seen any small print warning about stacking or other discounts not applying etc.

I don't expect anybody being able to explain HOW it works, but it's a fact that the coupons often have problems with reduced prices resulting from other "bargains", and reduce the price by a lower amount than the $6.- that they are supposed to reduce the price.

• TogireTogire Posts: 408

ecks201 said:

A problem of discount interaction. I had a similar problem last month. But I filed a ticket and was refunded very rapidly.

edited July 2022

The Stand With Ukraine Bundle is shown as included in both the "56% OFF Select Daz Original Bundles"  promotion and in the "A Deal for Your Bundle Collection" orange banner oiffer; however, it is not getting the discounts of either offer. I realize that because of its special nature this bundle may be marked to exclude extra discounts; but then it should either be removed from the offers or discounted properly

Can you post an image of your cart?

edited July 2022

frank0314 said:

Can you post an image of your cart?

Also in addition to the promotions listed above the Stand with Ukraine bundle is included in the "Complete Your Daz Original Bundle Collection" promotion and while I own one of the items in the bundle I am not getting a reduction for that either.

Ukraine Cart.jpg
    1047 x 459 - 45K
  • Todays bundle discount is inconsistent.  Five items in my cart, two at 77% off, two at 78% off, and one at 82% off, and I can't figure out why that one is the outlyer, since they all were found in the same place.

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 889

AZDigitalArtist said:

Todays bundle discount is inconsistent.  Five items in my cart, two at 77% off, two at 78% off, and one at 82% off, and I can't figure out why that one is the outlyer, since they all were found in the same place.

The bundles are further discounted based on the items you own/don't own. Then there's the streak that applies after I think.

AZDigitalArtist said:

Todays bundle discount is inconsistent.  Five items in my cart, two at 77% off, two at 78% off, and one at 82% off, and I can't figure out why that one is the outlyer, since they all were found in the same place.

Do you own some of the items in the bundle? If so the " Complete Your Daz Original Bundle Collection" where you get the bundle for just the price of items not owned may be reducing  the price.

• RiverMissyRiverMissy Posts: 297
    edited July 2022

I have tried a number of bundles that I own everything in the bundle and I am being charged as if I don't own any of the items in the bundle.  I like to "buy" them for $0 on these sales and not have to see them in the list but this is the first time it is not working.

Own-All-Send-A-Message-Bundle-1.png
    1332 x 532 - 202K
    Post edited by RiverMissy on
This discussion has been closed.