Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

The single component pages for dForce Girls Baseball Style Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females, dForce Sport Suit Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females and AJC College Times Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males produce a "Ooops, page not found" error, probably because we will them only tomorrow in a seperate deal?!?

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 375

ioonrxoon said:

Semicharm said:

The new BOGO coupon isn't working. I've tried several Daz originals with items from the list but still says the coupon isn't valid.

Seemed like a good deal at first, but you need to get pick both items from the list for the code to work.

OK, that works. The wording was a bit confusing. At least it applies the coupon to the higher priced item.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,235

As said before, we can only offer the suggestion to put in a ticket regarding the stacking discount issues.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,411

Same. Day 6 yesterday, bought something, should have day 7 now, but it still shows day 6. Absolutely annoying. And keeping off buying more.DAZ really should do something about the performance of this store,. If anytime I buy something  I get store errors, that's no incentive to buy anything.

Other stores work just fine, without these shenannigans.

• DarkS474DarkS474 Posts: 152

Will Interactive Licenses be discounted again down to $5 anytime soon?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,014
    edited July 2022

maikdecker said:

The single component pages for dForce Girls Baseball Style Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females, dForce Sport Suit Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females and AJC College Times Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males produce a "Ooops, page not found" error, probably because we will them only tomorrow in a seperate deal?!?

If you go to the readme file for AJC College Times Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males, it calls it a bundle. Look at the Files List, it doesn't even show those individual clothing items as being part of the product. It only shows a preset to load the outfit and some outfit material presets. There aren't even any data files in this product. I can't see how it can be used at all.

Screenshot 2022-07-28 133613.jpg
    1040 x 1315 - 347K
    Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

If you go to the readme file for AJC College Times Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males, it calls it a bundle. Look at the Files List, it doesn't even show those individual clothing items as being part of the product. It only shows a preset to load the outfit and some outfit material presets. There aren't even any data files in this product. I can't see how it can be used at all.

Still no "official" answer, so we can only guess.. and I guess, those missing parts will appear tomorrow with a big new sale (or something) and people will then be able to download them to complete the products I mentioned.

Still some really weird way of doing business... DAZland gets curioser and curioser each day..

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,397

This strategy really sucks

How am I supposed to decide if I want something or not if I can't look at the product?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,447
    edited July 2022

The pieces will probably be released tomorrow, like they did with the Wild West Saloon Bundle and Western Rider Bundle. This "breakout item" trend is getting ridiculous. It is bad enough when done, but spreading it out over two or three days is stupefying. Are the parts not ready? If the wearable presets and hierarchical material presets can be made, what are you waiting for? And don't say it is to avoid cluttering the promo page, it will clutter any promo page whenever it is done.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,014

maikdecker said:

barbult said:

Still no "official" answer, so we can only guess.. and I guess, those missing parts will appear tomorrow with a big new sale (or something) and people will then be able to download them to complete the products I mentioned.

Still some really weird way of doing business... DAZland gets curioser and curioser each day..

Well, if that is the case, it simply means that today's purchasers will be confused, disappointed, angry and generating a ton of help requests. That would be a strange way to run a business. It is more likely a mistake (I hope).

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,710

Huh, are they not doing the flash sale time counter thingy in the cart anymore all of a sudden? Had a nice cart built with the current hair flash sale, then suddenly, everything reverted to normal price without any notice before. I just knew I shouldn't have started trusting the timers ... angry

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,650
    edited July 2022

tsroemi said:

Huh, are they not doing the flash sale time counter thingy in the cart anymore all of a sudden? Had a nice cart built with the current hair flash sale, then suddenly, everything reverted to normal price without any notice before. I just knew I shouldn't have started trusting the timers ... angry

The hair flash sale didn't end when it said it would. So, you may have built your cart after the sale had already timed out. This would preclude its appearing in the cart.

ETA: The current flash sale is showing the timer in my cart.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,795

I AM GETTING SO FED UP WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE! They take forever to respond and when they finally do they ask stupid questions that you already carefully explained and demonstrated with screenshots! Been waiting for several refunds that they keep putting off, combining into one ticket. They don’t read what I write or look at the multiple screenshots,. Tech is even worse! Takes months to respond and again asks questions that were clearly explained in my ticket! They just hope you give up and go away. What’s the next step? The Better Business Bureau? 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,795

Cris Palomino said:

As said before, we can only offer the suggestion to put in a ticket regarding the stacking discount issues.

That does not help at all. They take over a week to respond, and don’t read a thing you write or look at your multiple screenshots. They literally do nothing but consider the case solved when they combine it with your other cases and never do a thing about it! Really getting fed up! 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,958
    edited July 2022

...so still no answer why the Stack Up days declining.  One would that someone like DazRawb would respond.

...and if the frustration of this isn't already bad enough, yet another annoying 502 bad gateway error that took 3 screen refreshes to get the forums back. Last I recall, updates wre supposed to improve things..

...ETA

So I made a purchase Thursday (well early in the morning a couple hours after the store rolled over order #DA22-0729-7672-45FA-199D) which moved me to "day 6" but now I find myself back on day 5 again. Someone at Daz really needs to get on this thread and either tell us what the h--- is going on here or talk to marketing to get this fixed.

This is really, really becoming frustrating and no answer yet  Is there some sort of minimum purchase we are not aware of or not mentioned? That last order was definitely over the 1$ minimum. All of us should be at "Day 7 by now (I was three days ago).

Do we need to make multiple purchases each day to keep things current? 

purchase report.png
    962 x 728 - 76K
    07-29 stack up status.png
    1119 x 720 - 949K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on

Quoting myself here, as the problem persisits still and we still not have any "official" reaction.

maikdecker said:

Wonderland said:

Tech is even worse! Takes months to respond and again asks questions that were clearly explained in my ticket! They just hope you give up and go away. What’s the next step? The Better Business Bureau? 

On my last three tech tickets I received answers within three days. One was solved within another two or three days, the other two were transferred to the PA to inform him that changes needed to be done to their product.

It's not always the Tech crew to be blamed. PAs might not feel inclined to repair their old products or tech tickets might be less clear about what they are supposed to be about.

• barbult said:

maikdecker said:

If you go to the readme file for AJC College Times Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males, it calls it a bundle. Look at the Files List, it doesn't even show those individual clothing items as being part of the product. It only shows a preset to load the outfit and some outfit material presets. TIhere aren't even any data files in this product. I can't see how it can be used at all.

I Purchased it (AJC College Times Outfit). I regret it, but for other reasons I will get to. But you do get all the components, they are split out as Individual products, as seems to be the trend here lately with originals. 

As for the regret? I jumped the gun. Been wanting a decent set of modern skinny/slim fit jogger pants for awhile. I primarily make male art. My males are all anatomically correct. These pants have some adjustment morphs, but not one for the uh..."package". Ok, many pants don't. Sometimes turning on smoothing is enough to fit... oops that blew up the mesh somehow? It did not even smooth properly, but ballooned the scene file from 600kb to 600MB!!! Alright restart try again... get out fit control. What the? Any relevant morph turns the front of the pants to a blocky, choppy, mess. I don't know what is going on here, but I have used 100s of pants/shorts/etc without running into this. Even pants made for V4 didn't distort this badly with fit control. I also tried removing the gens entirely, loading pants again... oops still distortion where the legs meet. I am not happy with this purchase at all, and its too bad, they look wonderful in the promos (don't they all). Jacket/Shoes/Shirt *might* be fine, but it was the pants that made me buy this set.

• kyoto kid said:

...so still no answer why the Stack Up days declining.  One would that someone like DazRawb would respond.

...and if the frustration of this isn't already bad enough, yet another annoying 502 bad gateway error that took 3 screen refreshes to get the forums back. Last I recall, updates wre supposed to improve things..

...ETA

So I made a purchase Thursday (well early in the morning a couple hours after the store rolled over order #DA22-0729-7672-45FA-199D) which moved me to "day 6" but now I find myself back on day 5 again. Someone at Daz really needs to get on this thread and either tell us what the h--- is going on here or talk to marketing to get this fixed.

This is really, really becoming frustrating and no answer yet  Is there some sort of minimum purchase we are not aware of or not mentioned? That last order was definitely over the 1$ minimum. All of us should be at "Day 7 by now (I was three days ago).

Do we need to make multiple purchases each day to keep things current? 

As I said in reply to your other post, you get 2% of for each of the last seven days on which you have made a purchase of at least $1. It isn't entirely clear on where the boundaries are falling, and it's possible that days get dropped early (midnight UTC rather than MST) - if you seem to lose a day's discount part way through the day that is worth raising with Daz.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

what offer has 50% many items? I cant find any that include what is 50% off in my wishlist. It would be good to know as it sometimes includes higher discounting if you buy more than 1. Just a couple of them in capture ..there are more

daz wl.jpg
    1783 x 1343 - 782K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,347
    edited July 2022

daveso said:

what offer has 50% many items? I cant find any that include what is 50% off in my wishlist. It would be good to know as it sometimes includes higher discounting if you buy more than 1. Just a couple of them in capture ..there are more

Mmm, I'm seeing the same - it appears that everything in the store that's not New and not in another sale is in some sort of 50% sale! I've not seen anything advertised but there's a flash sale on for limited set of PAs, maybe that's accidentally doing it?

ETA: I just tried adding a bunch of them from my wishlist to the cart and they don't seem to pick up any multi-buy extra discount, so I'm guessing it's nothing to do with that flash sale at all.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • kwerkxkwerkx Posts: 105

MelanieL said:

daveso said:

Mmm, I'm seeing the same - it appears that everything in the store that's not New and not in another sale is in some sort of 50% sale! I've not seen anything advertised but there's a flash sale on for limited set of PAs, maybe that's accidentally doing it?

ETA: I just tried adding a bunch of them from my wishlist to the cart and they don't seem to pick up any multi-buy extra discount, so I'm guessing it's nothing to do with that flash sale at all.

Noticed the 50% off all "not new and not in another sale" before the current Flash Sale.  Holding off on my cart for now.. figure an un-advertized  "store wide 50% sale" has to be a mistake...

The "refer a friend" banner still shows up, but the referal info is missing from my account page. Either it's still active or it's not.Which is it?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,958

...sublitted a ticket.  Hope there will be a solution soon as the month ends in 3 days.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,650

Semicharm said:

The "refer a friend" banner still shows up, but the referal info is missing from my account page. Either it's still active or it's not.Which is it?

It is missing from my account page also. 

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,709
    edited July 2022

Charlie Judge said:

Semicharm said:

There is a message, under My Account -- Alerts and Messages, where you can click "Learn More" and it directs you to this page: https://www.daz3d.com/daz-referral, where you have to scroll down and click "Get Referral Code". Which redirects you back to your My Account page with no referral code.

So simple and easy. /sarcasm

Post edited by zombietaggerung on

zombietaggerung said:

Charlie Judge said:

Semicharm said:

There is a message, under My Account -- Alerts and Messages, where you can click "Learn More" and it directs you to this page: https://www.daz3d.com/daz-referral, where you have to scroll down and click "Get Referral Code". Which redirects you back to your My Account page with no referral code.

So simple and easy. /sarcasm

Yep, that's where you can find the message from the banner notices if you dismiss them by clicking the X.

Since there's been no official statement on the matter, I'm assuming there was some issue with the links not working. To ward off the flood of tickets they'd get over the weekend, they'd just quietly removed it from the account page. For whatever reason, they didn't or couldn't cancel the banner notifications/site messages and associated pages, basically leaving it all in a state of limbo. Since it's officially the business weeked in US MDT, it's unlikely to be sorted any time soon. It apparently was set to run till 8/31. There's still time, assuming it gets fixed before then. I was hoping to wrangle a referal or two for those sweet deals and phantom "sale", but that's probably not happening. Oh well...

• EnoughButterEnoughButter Posts: 103

Just to add to the others-I have a paid streak of 9 days as of 7/28 and it shows me at 6 days stacking now...after being at 7 days for the last two days. I guess it is 7/30 somewhere in the world where I missed today already? 

EnoughButter said:

Just to add to the others-I have a paid streak of 9 days as of 7/28 and it shows me at 6 days stacking now...after being at 7 days for the last two days. I guess it is 7/30 somewhere in the world where I missed today already? 

Oddly, I just got bumped up to 6 days after randomly losing a day yeasterday. Go figure.

• Positive Feedback for Daz & Recommendation for Buyers

I love the current version of Clearance promos for about $2-3! It's like the beloved Daz Plus For a Day except each set of clearance items is usually available for several days, so no waiting for a catchup at a higher price! I've spent the past week or so happily picking up whatever wishlisted items are included, along with some models I missed seeing before. (If you're into the 7 day stacking, these items also qualify.)

This discussion has been closed.