Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,650

RiverMissy said:

I have tried a number of bundles that I own everything in the bundle and I am being charged as if I don't own any of the items in the bundle.  I like to "buy" them for $0 on these sales and not have to see them in the list but this is the first time it is not working.

That is not a DAZ Original bundle. The promo to get the bundle for the price of items not owned is only for DAZ Original bundles. 

• RiverMissyRiverMissy Posts: 297

Thanks, I thought I was on the right list but obviously not.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,874
    edited July 2022

frank0314 said:

vwrangler said:

NorthOf45 said:

I can sympathize, I had some perplexing results early in the promotion myself. A few things to consider:

-I suspect that the expiry time for the streak count is 00:00 UTC (also supported by a couple other users), which for you in NZ is 10:00 AM. Your streak will drop by one if you do not buy something by then. Not exactly sure when the timer starts, but I know I was stuck losing a day of the streak every day if I purchased later in the evening (after 8:00PM EDT for me). Make a purchase, streak goes up, next day, streak goes down again after a certain time.

I think I can confirm that the streak count expires at 00:00 UTC time. I put a bunch of stuff in my cart a couple hours past midnight Daz time, and at that point, my streak was, miraculously, at six days and 12% (after having been stuck at 5% for a couple days). I wasn't able to check out at that point, went and did a few other things for the rest of the day, and just came back to it, and the cart is at 10% and five days. It's still more than two hours until Daz midnight, so store rollover has nothing to do with when the streak resets down ... but it only goes to the next level UP at Daz midnight. There's a four hour gap where the streak is essentially taking no real notice of what you do.

What baffles me is why Daz set anything to do anything at UTC midnight. They haven't before, and there's no huge benefit to anyone to doing it now.

This isn't suppose to be the behavior. It is not suppose to effect the discount until Daz midnight. I reported it.

Well, for what it's worth, it happened again today. I put two things in the cart just past Daz midnight, and the meter said I was on Day 7 and 14% discount. Came back to the cart at 7:59pm Central/6:59 pm Daz/Mountain Daylight time, and it says that it's Day 6 and 12% discount. I'm guessing that the coding has been set in such a way that this isn't fixable and It's resetting at UTC midnight no matter what. Basically, if you don't check out by 5:59PM Daz/Mountain Daylight time/6:59pm Central/7:59pm Eastern/4:59pm Pacific, you will lose a day. (Also, this means that it's ignoring up to 7 hours of cart activity in the continental US, depending on where in the country you live, not just the four hours I mentioned earlier, which is REALLY impressive. Moreover, because the percentages don't increase until Daz midnight, the people outside the continent are losing this time on the front end of the sale hours, so it's basically whacking everyone everywhere.)

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,185

I don't get it. Some two hours before DAZ midnight my streak fell back to 6 days and discounts behaved strange. I had Dalia hair < $5, now I cannot bring it < $6 although I re-established the 7-day-streak with a small in-between-purchase. It is still a lot of hit and miss.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,423

I'm on day 4 - like yesterday, though I bought lots of qualifying items...

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,235

Daz is working on the discounts.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,411

Halcyon Fragment Shirts for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females is 4,88 on it's product page. But if I put it in my basket, it jumps to 6,97.

Not buying with this erratic behavior of the shop.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,235

cherpenbeck said:

Halcyon Fragment Shirts for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females is 4,88 on it's product page. But if I put it in my basket, it jumps to 6,97.

Not buying with this erratic behavior of the shop.

Reported. 

• caravelle said:

I'm on day 4 - like yesterday, though I bought lots of qualifying items...

Had you purchased eight days ago? That would have counted yesterday but not today, so the net result would still be four days.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,650

Charlie Judge said:

The Stand With Ukraine Bundle is shown as included in both the "56% OFF Select Daz Original Bundles"  promotion and in the "A Deal for Your Bundle Collection" orange banner oiffer; however, it is not getting the discounts of either offer. I realize that because of its special nature this bundle may be marked to exclude extra discounts; but then it should either be removed from the offers or discounted properly

Also the Stand with Ukraine bundle is included in the "Complete Your Daz Original Bundle Collection" promotion and while I own one of the items in the bundle I am not getting a reduction for that either.

Has this been reported? The Stand with Ukraine bundle is still listed in the Promotions and still does not receive the extra discounts.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925

vwrangler said:

frank0314 said:

vwrangler said:

NorthOf45 said:

I can sympathize, I had some perplexing results early in the promotion myself. A few things to consider:

-I suspect that the expiry time for the streak count is 00:00 UTC (also supported by a couple other users), which for you in NZ is 10:00 AM. Your streak will drop by one if you do not buy something by then. Not exactly sure when the timer starts, but I know I was stuck losing a day of the streak every day if I purchased later in the evening (after 8:00PM EDT for me). Make a purchase, streak goes up, next day, streak goes down again after a certain time.

I think I can confirm that the streak count expires at 00:00 UTC time. I put a bunch of stuff in my cart a couple hours past midnight Daz time, and at that point, my streak was, miraculously, at six days and 12% (after having been stuck at 5% for a couple days). I wasn't able to check out at that point, went and did a few other things for the rest of the day, and just came back to it, and the cart is at 10% and five days. It's still more than two hours until Daz midnight, so store rollover has nothing to do with when the streak resets down ... but it only goes to the next level UP at Daz midnight. There's a four hour gap where the streak is essentially taking no real notice of what you do.

What baffles me is why Daz set anything to do anything at UTC midnight. They haven't before, and there's no huge benefit to anyone to doing it now.

This isn't suppose to be the behavior. It is not suppose to effect the discount until Daz midnight. I reported it.

Well, for what it's worth, it happened again today. I put two things in the cart just past Daz midnight, and the meter said I was on Day 7 and 14% discount. Came back to the cart at 7:59pm Central/6:59 pm Daz/Mountain Daylight time, and it says that it's Day 6 and 12% discount. I'm guessing that the coding has been set in such a way that this isn't fixable and It's resetting at UTC midnight no matter what. Basically, if you don't check out by 5:59PM Daz/Mountain Daylight time/6:59pm Central/7:59pm Eastern/4:59pm Pacific, you will lose a day. (Also, this means that it's ignoring up to 7 hours of cart activity in the continental US, depending on where in the country you live, not just the four hours I mentioned earlier, which is REALLY impressive. Moreover, because the percentages don't increase until Daz midnight, the people outside the continent are losing this time on the front end of the sale hours, so it's basically whacking everyone everywhere.)

We were advised that if people are having this issue to please submit a ticket here and speak with customer service.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925

Charlie Judge said:

Charlie Judge said:

The Stand With Ukraine Bundle is shown as included in both the "56% OFF Select Daz Original Bundles"  promotion and in the "A Deal for Your Bundle Collection" orange banner oiffer; however, it is not getting the discounts of either offer. I realize that because of its special nature this bundle may be marked to exclude extra discounts; but then it should either be removed from the offers or discounted properly

Also the Stand with Ukraine bundle is included in the "Complete Your Daz Original Bundle Collection" promotion and while I own one of the items in the bundle I am not getting a reduction for that either.

Has this been reported? The Stand with Ukraine bundle is still listed in the Promotions and still does not receive the extra discounts.

I reported it

• Charlie Judge said:

RiverMissy said:

I have tried a number of bundles that I own everything in the bundle and I am being charged as if I don't own any of the items in the bundle.  I like to "buy" them for $0 on these sales and not have to see them in the list but this is the first time it is not working.

That is not a DAZ Original bundle. The promo to get the bundle for the price of items not owned is only for DAZ Original bundles. 

I have the same issue but with daz originals.  Namely Sahira 8 Starter Bundle and Valentino 8 Starter Bundle.  Bought the Pro bundle to complete it in the sale yesterday as I had half the items from Return to Treasure Island bundle. Went today to "buy" the starter bundle in the catchup but they are coming up $27 instead of the expected free. Done it in the past to clean up these stray starter bundles.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,874
    edited July 2022

EDIT: Never mind. It just took about half an hour for the ticket to appear in My Activities properly. I suspect they're getting a number of related tickets.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,710

Seriously, the streaking thing is more annoying than anything. I keep buying small things basically every day, because there're good offers, and still my 'streak' has never risen  to 7 days, and now been down to 5 days for two consecutive days instead. Sorry, but I can't check every time I make a purchase what time / date it might be at this very moment in Utah. Why not just set a 24-hour-time frame?

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 993

What's this new marketing strategy from Daz: Refer a friend and get $5 when they purchase $10 by Aug 31, 2022 from Daz ???

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,183

Habulin Dati said:

What's this new marketing strategy from Daz: Refer a friend and get $5 when they purchase $10 by Aug 31, 2022 from Daz ???

I just saw that before I had supper.  And, I have $0.00 in rewards that will expire in 33 days!   laugh   Oh, no!  laugh

Dana

I was just getting ready to check out, my cart has been saying 7 days and 14%, and not it is saying 6 days and 12%.  I have bought a lot every day of the sale so the 7 days and 14% is correct.  I of course do not have a screen shot of the correct amount because I wasn't expecting it to screw up right now.  I will admit that this is a bit frustrating.  I let it go other days when it was less but this is making some difference in the prices.  Thanks.

vwrangler said:

frank0314 said:

vwrangler said:

NorthOf45 said:

This is what I am experiencing also.  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,014

RiverMissy said:

I was just getting ready to check out, my cart has been saying 7 days and 14%, and not it is saying 6 days and 12%.  I have bought a lot every day of the sale so the 7 days and 14% is correct.  I of course do not have a screen shot of the correct amount because I wasn't expecting it to screw up right now.  I will admit that this is a bit frustrating.  I let it go other days when it was less but this is making some difference in the prices.  Thanks.

It is because the "day" doesn't start at Daz midnight or your midnight. Some have said it starts at UTC midnight. When the magic "day" changes, you lose credit for the first day in the previous 7 day series. It is beyond confusing and frustrating. The only "good" thing is that this chaos is supposed to end on July 31. Pray they don't extend it.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,213

RiverMissy said:

I just had the same thing happen. I ended up checking out with one clearance item at the day 6 rate. Then I made a second purchase with the rest of my order at the day 7 rate. You should probably contact support and get the difference refunded, if it's more than a few cents.

That is the craziest thing I have heard of yet.  I beleive you but nothing here at Daz uses UTC midnight so why would we think that is a thing and they should put a table of when UTC midnight is for each time zone with the promotion so we have a chance of understanding this.  Crazy!  And thanks for the clarification.  I did submit a ticket but it didn't show up right away which is unusual.

• winmathwinmath Posts: 136

butterflyfish said:

RiverMissy said:

I just had the same thing happen. I ended up checking out with one clearance item at the day 6 rate. Then I made a second purchase with the rest of my order at the day 7 rate. You should probably contact support and get the difference refunded, if it's more than a few cents.

I'm having the same problem for the past few days the streaking discount keeps going from the seven-day rate in the morning back to the six-day rate in the evening.  

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,397

barbult said:

RiverMissy said:

It is because the "day" doesn't start at Daz midnight or your midnight. Some have said it starts at UTC midnight. When the magic "day" changes, you lose credit for the first day in the previous 7 day series. It is beyond confusing and frustrating. The only "good" thing is that this chaos is supposed to end on July 31. Pray they don't extend it.

I was on day 7 until yesterdy when it went to day 6 and I've bought everyday

I don't know when it changes but I was on day 6 this morning and now am on day 5 and thats less than 12 hours apart

What can I say it's DAZ LAND whats DAZ LAND you ask picture this six tornados four hurricanes an earthquake an asteroid and six meteors all coming together at the same time and place cheeky

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,958
    edited July 2022

Robert Freise said:

barbult said:

RiverMissy said:

I don't know when it changes but I was on day 6 this morning and now am on day 5 and thats less than 12 hours apart

What can I say it's DAZ LAND whats DAZ LAND you ask picture this six tornados four hurricanes an earthquake an asteroid and six meteors all coming together at the same time and place cheeky

...and locusts, don't forget locusts. 

Had the same happen for me as well.  Yesterday I was on Day 7, now I'm back on Day 6 as well.  Are we being docked a day if we don't purchase anything? Didn't find anything of interest yesterday or today.  On a budget here so not an "impulse buyer". I have to make my purcahses count even when it is Daz+ items (I don't use 8.1 and have little interest in dForce). 

ETA ,Now it tells my I'm only on Day 5

Channelling the legendary Green Bay Packer coach, Vince Lombardi,  "What the "H---" is going on around here?"

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • GumpOtakuGumpOtaku Posts: 106

Robert Freise said:

barbult said:

RiverMissy said:

The same thing has happened to me. I am supposed to be on Day 6. The system had me at Day 6 this morning, and I was back on day 4.

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 375

The new BOGO coupon isn't working. I've tried several Daz originals with items from the list but still says the coupon isn't valid.

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 889

Semicharm said:

The new BOGO coupon isn't working. I've tried several Daz originals with items from the list but still says the coupon isn't valid.

Seemed like a good deal at first, but you need to get pick both items from the list for the code to work.

This discussion has been closed.