Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited November 2016

Sultana

Bryce 7 Pro, Wings 3D. Render Normal AA.
    Lighting: Spotlight, Sphere Dome Light.

Thank you for your comments and critical remarks.

Киш-миш.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 317K
    Post edited by Slepalex on
    edited November 2016

Mountainous kishlak 2

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Premium 64 rpp, TA. Render time is about 24 hours.
    Lighting: sun, Radial Light.
    Apply transparent properties of leaves and grass.
    Modeling: Bryce, Wings 3D, Sculptris, GeoControl.
    Low poly characters from the network.

Thank you for your comments and critical remarks.

Горный кишлак 2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 917K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,124

Thanks. There are a lot of interesting images in this thread.

@Hansmar: You have created a very nice looking object in Hexagon. I have never used that option 'copy on support' in it. Have to try it myself.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,133
    edited December 2016

Artini - nice reflection render.

Hansmar- cool abstract object and render.

Slepalex - two stunning, outstanding renders. Your stills are amazingly beautiful.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Thanks all for their kind comments.

@slepalex: Beautiful still life and great outdoor scene. I love the grass on the roof of the shed in the foreground on the left side. But I think the green color of the shed is a bit too green in my opinion and am not so convinced with this strong yellow in the street. But overall marvellous scene.

@Hansmar: That is a cool Hexagon model. Well done

@Artini: The water looks good. Nice models.

@Horo: I especially like the greenish one in the top right corner

@Vivien: Lovely. The poor guy on the right side might be felt cold at  his head without his hat

@Dave Savage: Very convincing L... stones.

I made nothing special but I hope we will reach soon page 100

I bought this little guy and now he starts to communicate. Modified the metal material.

bbot.jpg
    1274 x 695 - 903K
  • Thank you!! @Mermaid010, @Hansmar, @Horo :)

@DaveSavage Love those "Blocks" Lol

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398
    edited December 2016
    Post edited by S Ray on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,254

Hansmar - thank you. Very interesting shape you made in Hexagon.

Slepalex - very nice still life. Yes, you're right that the shadow softness may come from a window with a cloudy outside. The village is again a beautiful render.

Electro-Elvis - thank you. Cute fellow.

S Ray - cool animation.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 2016

Slepalex: More great renders... I especially love the Village scene, very well put together (though I woukdn't expect anything less from you).

Electro Elvis: Quirky and appropriate Point of view on the camera in your render.... Cool character.

S Ray: That's a very nice effect.

Here's my latest... It's not finished yet as there is an amount of 'personalisation' to add for the person I'm doing it for (The Diner will have her name lit up in the electric blue and the car will have a licence plate with her husband's name).

DinerCarWetALT.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 638K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

Just a thought: Have David Brinnen and Pam run away together?

Seriously, I hope Pam's OK, I know she's been through a lot and since that happened, she hasn't been around much so maybe I shouldn't joke about it, but if you're there Pam, I'm thinking about you and sure we are all willing you our support. smiley

Brinnen on the other hand will be away being unfaithfull with other 3D softwares laughlaughlaugh

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2016

LOL     I am OK.  I am just finding it somewhat difficult to fire up my mojo.  It was himself who bought me my first decent computer  and has encouraged me ever since.  Hmm,  how long ago was that.  It was a 486 dx2 66  and at the time was pretty much state of the art, especially for someone who had been using an Amstrad with CP/M.  My friends at work were deadly envious.  Mind you I had to wait till 1997 before Bryce was stable on a PC.

¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._¯`·._.·¯`·._.·¯`·._.·.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Just a thought: Have David Brinnen and Pam run away together?

Seriously, I hope Pam's OK, I know she's been through a lot and since that happened, she hasn't been around much so maybe I shouldn't joke about it, but if you're there Pam, I'm thinking about you and sure we are all willing you our support. smiley

Brinnen on the other hand will be away being unfaithfull with other 3D softwares laughlaughlaugh

Aye, I'm having a not so illicit affiar with Modo - all in the interest of work and paying my bills.  The way things are going it is looking increasingly like retirement will not be an option for my generation.  Bryce is still getting fired up, but mostly for the purpose of answering questions put to me via email or youtube.  It is gratifying that the software still attracts such interest even after a long hiatus in development.

Today though I'm up to my neck in UVlayout.  And here's what I've got on the screen...  So that's where I am.  Nothing as exciting as running off with Pam, sorry.

Lamp.jpg
    800 x 800 - 206K

Well it's good that you both reported in laugh

Chohole: Give yourself a bash on the bonce with that club, might get the Mojo flowing. smiley

David: Pam is having Mojo issues and you're having Modo issues... Coincidence? surprise

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

@Alexey : glad to see some of your new renders at Daz forum! the village is incredibly  done, amazing style from you!

@Vivien : nice winter card, I like it!

@Dave : nice work on this logo, I wonder how it could look in the end.

Here's a new render fully inspired from one of the latest Drea Horvath artwork. I have modelled the foreground trees with speedtree and use xfrog models for the background. Except the sun burst made in P.S, everything is done in Bryce.

drea52.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 1M
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

Slepalex: Wonderful renders. I agree that some of the colours on the Western town (or Eastern?) are a bit harsh. 

Artinimermaid010Electro-ElvisHoro, Thanks.

Electro-Elvis: Very cute guy. Hope to see more of him!

Dave Savage: That's going to be a great render. Love the wet streets and the car.

David Brinnen: Good to hear you're active, though not Brycing. Hope your work will pay off nicely!

Chohole: Glad you're OK, though times are tough for you, of course.

c-ram: amazing work! great render of a wonderful place. Maybe the white ground behind the first line of trees could be a bit less white?

edited December 2016

Dave - looks great, I agree with Hansmar, the wet place with the puddles looks excellent.

Pam - it's good you are still looking at the Bryce forums. Ah, yes, computers can be a bother.

c-ram - beautiful render. I can see what Hansmar means about the bright haze, but then, I don't know what you were aiming for. It is a backlit scene after all and does look natural to me.

Fortunately, I don't need to fiddle with UV-maps, Bryce being capable of doing without them most of the time cheeky. Some instanced trees a terrain and an HDRI sky.

Snowscape

Snowscape.jpg
    1200 x 810 - 288K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 2016

Thanks all.... The wet ground is a tweaked version of David's "Wetter Sand" from the Pro Materials, with the diffusion dialed right down.

I'll post the finished render when the client's seen it... I'm really happy at how it's turned out.

Great looking winter Trees Horo.... I'm cold just looking.

C-Ram another fab render from you. Love the effect of light through the leaves.

Post edited by Dave Savage on

Dave Savage, I was most impressed by the atmosphere and the wet cobblestones.
    c-ram, as always - epic! While I agree with Hansmar, this white band confuses and cuts the picture in half.
    Horo, magnificent winter landscape! It is obvious that in the foreground the grass is made of Bryce tree.

edited December 2016

Horo: Yes, I understood the idea of the backlight, which makes the haze very light. However, Alex clearly stated the issue I had with it. It somehow doesn't fit to me. Your winter landscape is amazing! Lovely sky too.

I don't really do such marvelous landscapes (my skills are less, or my patience, whatever breaks down first). I do like to play around though, like I did in Hexagon again, copying a strange 'crane-like' item on a sphere and on (parts of) itself, as well as a sphere on a version of the thing. Looked like scrap to me, so decided to put it in a weird scrapyard. Light from the sun and from an abstract HDRI I made (just a gradient of colour and light). Since the scrap needed to be big, I added a standing bear for proportions.

scrapyard.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 932K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Dave - thank you.

Slepalex - thank you. You are right about the grass.

Hansmar - cool objects. I thought the bear is a rat.

edited December 2016

Electro-Elvis – cute guy.

SRay- nice animation

Dave – awesome render as usual, love the background scene and sky

C-ram – wow another magnificent image

Horo- beautiful winter scene

Hansmar – great modeling in hexagon, an unusual idea.

A simple Sunset render

anothersunset.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 320K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 2016

Mermaid - thank you. Beautiful sunset, simple but effective.

I attempted to create a typical impression when ascending a mountain in autumn and finally arrive at the fog ceiling and the landscape opens. Problem was the Bryce 7 bug with overlapping volumetrics and I had to resort to a torus for the fog. This low contrast image is not very eye catching. I got it better with some post but decided to keep what I remember as being more natural.

Fog Ceiling

FogCeiling.jpg
    1200 x 930 - 164K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 2016

Forest on the slopes

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Premium, TA, 64 rpp, time 7:36:08.
    Lighting: only 500% sun, shadows of clouds included.
    In the scene 2 terrains, 4 bryce trees and 2 stones. Use the manual cloning and Instancing Lab.

You watch high quality here.

Лес на склонах.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 744K
    edited December 2016

The desert landscape

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Regular AA, time 8:27:23.
    Lighting: sun, Sphere Dome Light.

Пустынный пейзаж.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    edited December 2016

Forest Brook

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Premium 36 rpp.
    Lighting: Sphere Dome Light and sun.
    In the scene, there are 4 types of Bryce trees, 4 species of grass from the Internet and Bryce library. Two dry trees modeled in Sculptris. Duckweed on the water is a 2D-disks with procedural texture and transparency map. The rest of the textures in the scene also procedural.
    Used manual cloning and Instansing Lab.

Лесной ручей.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 809K
    edited December 2016

On the hillside

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Premium 36 rpp, time 13:38:11.
    Lighting: 500% sun (shadows of clouds included) and Sphere Dome Light.

На косогоре.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 872K
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Nice, I like the path in the grassy hill, and the swamp water plants.  Very good.

Slepalex - beautiful landscape renders. The last one with the swampy meadow is outstanding.

Horo- thanks. Love the atmosphere of Fog Ceiling.

Slepalex – all the landscapes renders are so photorealistic, absolutely stunning.

Mermaid: very nice sunset render. And, thanks; i like unusual ideas..

Horo: thanks. Indeed a bit vague render, but quite realistic.

Slepalex: fantastic landscape renders. The forest brook and the hillside are my favourites.

This discussion has been closed.