Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• Thank you Horo, adbc, mermaid010, and hansmar!

you're totally right that the castle is oversized ;^^ could you believe that it used to be bigger? clearly i didn't shrink it enough, but i wanted to make sure it was still one of the main points of interest in the composition.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,865

nvllcasting, excellent midievil image.  The landscape brings this to life.  Welcome

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Horo: A very peaceful scene. Wonderfully done.

nvllcasting: Welcome to this Forum!  -- Great composition, details and atmosphere. A very expressively scene.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,113
    edited April 2023

Based on previous render, changed materials and sky, added a bit of greenery (trees), water and a boat (UV Dan)

old city part.jpg
    800 x 450 - 98K
    Post edited by adbc on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,169
    edited April 2023

adbc - I must try such a scene once. I find it uncommon but very interesting and charming. Good choice of materials and the greenery completes it, sky and lighting is also excellent.

The trees are instanced BTO Hemlock with my own materials. A terrain in front and two in the background. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI, key light by the sun.

Hemlock Forest

HemlockForest.jpg
    1200 x 825 - 241K
    Post edited by Horo on

adbc, the greenery really adds to the mood of this image.  Beautiful.

Horo, the trees look real.  Wonderful work.

• adbc, that's such a cool environment! i'd love to sail around there (if i wasn't afraid of boats...)

Horo, i'm loving the lighting in your renders, this scene is beautiful. I really have to try hdris sometime!!

NGartplay - thank you.

nvllcasting - thank you. I think lighting is very important. I never use Ambience (except for fire and other shiny things), also seldom Sky Dome other than black and Sun/Moon Shadows always 100%. Bryce 7.1 has several good lighting options, earlier versions needed the "fake" tricks of Sun Shadow lower than 100%, a white Sky dome and also Ambience around 20. IBL is great because it can give you different colours depending on the HDRI, but Dome Lights are also great for uniform coloured light.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,045
    edited April 2023

Adbc -superb work - changing the scene from sci-fi to realism with lovely lighting and materials.

Horo - another beautiful landscape.

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Horo, NGartplay, nvllcasting, mermaid : thank you for the kind comments.

Horo : Beautiful natural looking scene, great atmosphere.

Thank you mermaid and adbc.

adbc: A surreal scenery. Fantastic water and textures!

Horo: A wonderful dense forest and great job with the distant mountains.

Thank you hubert.

hubert : thank you.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,766
    edited April 2023

adbc, what an amazing version of your scene. The greenery and boat certainly add to the quality of the picture.

Horo, nice to see you add some plants again. Very good looking render. The background terrains help a lot to give it just that bity more realism.

Made a terrain from a photo from a painting (talking about roundabout procedures). I made the photo black and white first and did some Gaussian blur on it to smoothen it. Used it as heightmap for the terrain and smoothed it again (quite a bit). Then I used it for several renders.

First one has two multiple instanced trees, a hare from Adam Thwaites, a couple of rocks and a condor bird from a freebie bird group. Second one: same position, different sky, no trees, different texture, added a building and a NASA Mars vehicle to give another sense of scale. And used the spot halo from the lenses and filters by Horo and David Brinnen. Third one: different position, duplicated the terrain and gave the two terrains two slightly different snow on height textures. Sky is one of Horo's HDRIs. Fourth one: same position as third one. Different textures for the terrain (from the 'Vegetation' set by David Brinnen and Horo), different HDRI from Horo and different water texture. Last one: lowered the terrain, copied it two times and made one side of one copy lower in the terrain editor (to not stick out from the foreground terrain). Other camera position and different textures for terrains (non-duplicated this time) as well as for the water. Finally: picture of the original painting used for this terrain. It is a cubist painting of a guitar on a chair (hope you recognise it wink).

guitarland2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 980K
    guitarland1.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 578K
    guitarland3.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 927K
    guitarland2b.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 942K
    guitarland3b.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    Cubist guitar on chair.jpg
    1624 x 2318 - 3M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Amazing work using the same terrain height map, Hansmar, my fav however is the abstract painting, I love it. 

Hansmar, awesome cubism.  I saw boobs but once you mentioned the guitar I could see it :) :)

The terrains are so interesting and varied.  I like them all.  Well done.

edited April 2023

Hansmar : amazing terrains, all so different, cool renders. I like the abstract painting, don't see boobs but eyes, after you mentioned the guitar I could see it.

Thank you for you comment.

Post edited by adbc on

Hansmar - thank you. Quite a selection of new renders. Five great landscapes and a very nice abstract "painting". This one is particularly interesting because you made the terrains from it. The lens effect on the second fits the scene nicely. As for the landscapes, the third is my favorite.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

You all are so busy.... and what you all are doing here is really wonderful. 

I am still learning again, inspired by you all. Thanks for it.

Good to see that Bryce is alive.

Hansmar: A fantastic painting and great idea to use as terrain. Cool landscape variants!

• The foreground is a double stacked terrain. One material was made by myself the other is from the set "Gritstone Hills", the background is a single terrain with the material from the set "Grand Mountains". Thanks for watching.

RockySummit.jpg
    1250 x 750 - 721K

Electro-Elvis - very nicely done landscape with the lake.

Electro-Elvis : Wonderful image with the lake.

Electro-Elvis - superb scene, very nice atmosphere and materials.

Beautiful Elvis, I love the use of the fog/haze and the distant mountain having snow on it.  Lovely

Electro-Elvis: Great terrain work! Aeautiful and very peaceful atmosphere.

• @Horo, adbc, mermaid010, NGartplay, hubert: Thank you very much!

edited April 2023

Inspired by the beautiful render on this page above by adbc. A self made terrain posterised in the TE, tilted, twice copied, differently rotated and given a self made material. In front of the far building a Haze Cube. Light and colours by the an HDRI, additional light by two Distant Lights and the sun.

Alien District

AlienDistrict.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 405K
    Post edited by Horo on

Wow Horo, awesome!

This discussion has been closed.