Pose Builder & Pose Converter Support Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Hi Guys. Draagonstorm and myself have been slaving away to create something really cool and fun to use. Introducing Pose Builder. In a nutshell, it gives you the ability to mix and combine poses, or areas of poses from Genesis, G2F and G2M.

(with apologies to "Jerry Maguire") You had me at "hi." Well, technically I think it was at "Draagonstorm and myself..." but close enough. :lol: Thanks for (another) fun and useful product!
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited December 1969

Lol thanks Scott. You're welcome:)

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,346
    edited December 1969

I believe I have a good clue about was happen with not recognized *.duf files. Not recognized doesn't have some specific lines which are added when the pose is re-saved (those are about 1000 lines!!! includind of course a lot of } and {), also order on nodes/parts seems to be obsolete.

For pz2 files, the good news is that crigdit's posemaster batch converter works with G2 using G1 templates, for example: from V4 to G2F using Genesis 1 templates. The bad news is that this save to not recognized *.duf, so, re-save is needed. I don't understand why DS4 doesn't save to complete duf when saving in the batch, but do it when only one pose is saved.

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    I believe I have a good clue about was happen with not recognized *.duf files. Not recognized doesn't have some specific lines which are added when the pose is re-saved (those are about 1000 lines!!! includind of course a lot of } and {), also order on nodes/parts seems to be obsolete.

For pz2 files, the good news is that crigdit's posemaster batch converter works with G2 using G1 templates, for example: from V4 to G2F using Genesis 1 templates. The bad news is that this save to not recognized *.duf, so, re-save is needed. I don't understand why DS4 doesn't save to complete duf when saving in the batch, but do it when only one pose is saved.

The thing is, the script needs to know if the file to be processed for conversion is a POSE PRESET file... Remember .ds, .dsa, .duf ... ect. can also be material presets, characters, whole scenes..whatever else.. So what the script does is open the file and looks for one of two different strings in the file.

g_sTOOL_NAME = "Pose Preset"; (This string is in .ds and .dsa files)
    "type" : "preset_pose", (This string is in .dsf and .duf files)

If it doesn't find either of those strings, I have to assume it is not a pose file. Note that .dsb files are encrypted, so the script can not open and read that type of file.

When selecting a pose to be applied to a specified area then the script looks for the string "type" : "preset_pose", only.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited December 1969

On the pose file issue... I've found the same problem with smay's ninja poses and others. However, as simply applying the pose to a figure and resaving the pose again makes it instantly readable by Pose Builder, maybe the easy solution would be a script that automatically opens and resaves the file? Is there such a creature out there somewhere?

edited December 1969

On the pose file issue... I've found the same problem with smay's ninja poses and others. However, as simply applying the pose to a figure and resaving the pose again makes it instantly readable by Pose Builder, maybe the easy solution would be a script that automatically opens and resaves the file? Is there such a creature out there somewhere?

Just be sure to save it to a new folder... smay's ninja poses are preset_hierarchical_pose files, which means that they are meant to also pose items parented to figure. If you just save over the original as a preset_pose, you will lose that.

edited December 1969

gilikshe said:

The thing is, the script needs to know if the file to be processed for conversion is a POSE PRESET file... Remember .ds, .dsa, .duf ... ect. can also be material presets, characters, whole scenes..whatever else.. So what the script does is open the file and looks for one of two different strings in the file.

g_sTOOL_NAME = "Pose Preset"; (This string is in .ds and .dsa files)
    "type" : "preset_pose", (This string is in .dsf and .duf files)

If it doesn't find either of those strings, I have to assume it is not a pose file. Note that .dsb files are encrypted, so the script can not open and read that type of file.

When selecting a pose to be applied to a specified area then the script looks for the string "type" : "preset_pose", only.

So, wrong clue. Thanks for your patience and explanation. And thanks for this totally useful tool. PB ends with my deep frustration with failed posing.

p8.png
    619 x 619 - 159K
    p6.png
    667 x 667 - 158K
    p9.png
    1500 x 1500 - 745K
    edited February 2015

Trick for pz2 files found.

Set posemaster to convert in legacy mode and export to dsa changing PoseMasterSettings.DAT file how is explained in manual 1.5, page 56.
    When window pop up (because legacy mode) select record all instead record custom option. Poses are now in dsa format supported for PB converter. I could convert pz2 "i13 Sweet Fantasies" to duf and I could use it in PB. Of course posemaster conversion is not 100% perfect, some problems in hands, eye position and few breast poses, which don't matter because the big rest convert very well. Another way is create a skeleton templete for G2F from V4, process is explained in manual. Probably this work better than G1 version.

In other hand if you have dsb, DS batch convert tool can convert them to dsa. Again PB can convert dsa to duf. I test with "Fantasy Warrior M5" and it works.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,216
    edited December 1969

Note that .dsb files are encrypted, so the script can not open and read that type of file.

for DS 3+ encrypted files are .dse, in earlier versions .dsb might be encrypted or might simply be compressed as it is in DS3+. If you are using DzFile to handle the file operations you can use DzGZFile instead and compressed (but not encrypted) files will be readable.

edited December 1969

Note that .dsb files are encrypted, so the script can not open and read that type of file.

for DS 3+ encrypted files are .dse, in earlier versions .dsb might be encrypted or might simply be compressed as it is in DS3+. If you are using DzFile to handle the file operations you can use DzGZFile instead and compressed (but not encrypted) files will be readable.

Or you could of course use DzScript for the legacy formats (which has a boolean for encrypted). It depends on whether you handle the file types separately or use one common loading section for all.

edited December 1969

Or you could of course use DzScript for the legacy formats (which has a boolean for encrypted). It depends on whether you handle the file types separately or use one common loading section for all.

I'm using one common, and DzGZFile.

edited December 1969

It should be able to handle most .dsb files then, just not those from DS2 or earlier that are encrypted.

• jiacooperjiacooper Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

How do you load the initial poses in pose builder

JC

• ronkesronkes Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

New Update to Pose Builder has a new tab "Convert Pose to duf"
    What Pose?
    How should this be used and when?
    When you select Folder and its Subfolders to Covert, what should be in the folder?

You did this update but did not update the user manual. No information on this Tab.

Help!

edited December 1969

Merged a couple of posts that had ended up in separate threads.

edited February 2015

ronkes said:
    New Update to Pose Builder has a new tab "Convert Pose to duf"
    What Pose?
    How should this be used and when?
    When you select Folder and its Subfolders to Covert, what should be in the folder?

You did this update but did not update the user manual. No information on this Tab.

Help!

Basically if you use a pose set from Genesis1\2, and Pose Builder complains it is not in duf format, then chances are those pose sets are in .dsa or .dsf format. The script automatically converts that pose folder to .duf format, making it compatible. So for example say you want to use Inspire for V5, simply select that folder and the script will add a .duf version of the poses. From there whenever you click on a pose thumb from that set, it will auto select the new.duf version over the old .dsf or.dsa format. In summary, select desired pose folder, chose covert the files, and you are all set. you might need to close and re-open script to register the nre converted files. Hope this helps.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply,
    I'm not understanding the process, lets say I wanter to change the upper pose I "click on here so select a pose" and it opens a dialogue window asking for a pose.

I converted the poses to DUF files, it will not recognize the duf files. I'm not sure what to do, the manual isn't very clear on the initial set up of the software.

JC

• ronkesronkes Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info on new tab.

edited February 2015

jiacooper said:
    Thanks for the reply,
    I'm not understanding the process, lets say I wanter to change the upper pose I "click on here so select a pose" and it opens a dialogue window asking for a pose.

I converted the poses to DUF files, it will not recognize the duf files. I'm not sure what to do, the manual isn't very clear on the initial set up of the software.

JC

What pose are you trying to apply for upper pose? Also have you closed and re-opened the script?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks again for the reply,
    but basically I'm lost, i don't understand how to set up to use pose builder, do I need to get poses from the Daz Store?

I have poses that I use from Genesis 2 and Genesis, I believe I have converted the files but they don't show up in the other tabs of Pose Builder.

Help I'm lost.

JC

edited December 1969

You need to point Pose Builder to the location of where the poses are in your content folder on your hard-drive.

edited December 1969

the convert pose to duf if this where you point to my content, this i have done, and it still doesn't make a difference.

I really need a step by step description of how to set up this software,
    It may be something simple but I can't make sense of it.

I hope its possible to get a refund if I can't get this figured out.

JC

edited December 1969

jiacooper said:
    the convert pose to duf if this where you point to my content, this i have done, and it still doesn't make a difference.

I really need a step by step description of how to set up this software,
    It may be something simple but I can't make sense of it.

I hope its possible to get a refund if I can't get this figured out.

JC

The convert pose to duf is only for when the pose product you had purchased is in .ds, .dsa or .dsf format, so that the script can read in and load the pose you select for a specific body section. This may or may not be necessary to run... You will need to look at the file types of the pose files you want to use.

Where you will navigate to when you select "Click Here to Select Pose"... Can be just about anywhere... But let us assume that you have installed purchased poses to your DAZ Studio's default content location, and did not move them after install.

The default/first folder location the script will open to is your DAZ Studio Default Content Library... Now let's assume that you have Genesis 2 Female loaded, and you want to use Genesis 2 Female poses... The majority of poses purchased thru DAZ 3D will be found in the folder path ..\People\Genesis 2 Female\Poses. so navigate there and then you should see the folders of your purchased poses.

Open one of those folders, and you will see the thumbnails of the poses in that folder... Select the pose you want to use, and click on the open button. You will now see the thumbnail of that pose in the Pose Builder script window... Do these same steps for all of the other sections you want a selected pose to be applied to.

When you have everything you want selected, click on the Process button, and you will see the selected poses applied to G2F.

The next time you click on the button to select a pose, it will remember the last place you had navigated to.

edited December 1969

Thank you so much, it's making sense now

JC

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited April 2015

HI.

Have just purchased this and now I'm playing with it. First problem I had was actually finding the script - a search of my content library found it and I've now created an action and a toolbar icon for it.

Now I've moved along the tabs in the script and come to the camera tab. I find that when I try to manipulate the camera, it is the whole scene that moves and not the camera. I want to view my figure from different angles but as soon as I rotate, the figure flies off the screen. Am I doing something wrong? By the way, checking the "Aim at.." thing just locks the rotation so that doesn't help.

I guess I'm better off using the figure rotation (under Adjustments) but I'm wondering what help the camera script will bring me?

[EDIT again]

I think what I'm trying to say is that the camera script rotation does not behave like the Viewport cube that I normally use. Of course, the script window blocks access to the cube so I'm assuming that is why the camera script was included. But it doesn't work in the same way.

[Edit yet again]

I now notice that the scene's default camera is replaced (permanently) by the Pose Builder camera. Wouldn't it be better to create an additional camera instead of replacing the default? Just my opinion.

Post edited by marble on
    edited December 1969

Is there no way to leave the script and resume? The reason I ask is that there doesn't seem to be any way to tweak some aspects of the pose. For example (see screen shot), I created this mixture of poses but you can see that the fingers poke through the other body parts. I'd like to tweak it before saving as a new pose.

Screen_Shot_2015-04-01_at_12.49_.59_.png
    443 x 277 - 62K
    edited December 1969

marble said:
    Is there no way to leave the script and resume? The reason I ask is that there doesn't seem to be any way to tweak some aspects of the pose. For example (see screen shot), I created this mixture of poses but you can see that the fingers poke through the other body parts. I'd like to tweak it before saving as a new pose.

I wish there were. It is a limitation of how DAZ Studio and DAZ Studio scripts interact. The only thing I can suggest is to save the poses as is, and then leave the script and do the tweaking and save from DAZ Studio.

edited December 1969

marble said:

I wish there were. It is a limitation of how DAZ Studio and DAZ Studio scripts interact. The only thing I can suggest is to save the poses as is, and then leave the script and do the tweaking and save from DAZ Studio.

Thanks. I suspected that might be the case.

• MystairaMystaira Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

marble said:

[Edit yet again]

I now notice that the scene's default camera is replaced (permanently) by the Pose Builder camera. Wouldn't it be better to create an additional camera instead of replacing the default? Just my opinion.

I noticed that too... and it does that even if you just open the pose builder and don't do anything. And it doesn't just replace the default camera, it deletes ALL cameras you already had... Which is annoying when you already have one with just the right spot you want and then it goes poof...
    edited April 2015

Ah crap. It is not supposed to do that. We will see what is going on. It is just supposed to mimic whatever camera or view you are on, not replace it lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on