Pose Builder & Pose Converter Support Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited February 2015

Hi guys. The update is complete and will be submitted to Daz tomorrow. Here are shots of the new script options. Also we included a product support button that links directly to this thread if you want to ask questions.

Capture2.JPG
    909 x 774 - 70K
    Capture1.JPG
    909 x 773 - 68K
    Capture.JPG
    910 x 774 - 68K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited February 2015

Love, love. love, love this product! Oddly enough instead of making me want to limit how many pose packs I buy, it actually makes me want to buy more to add them to the possibilities I can mix.

Edited to add: And THANK YOU, for the coming update!

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited February 2015

Thank you for this product! I have been wanting this type of control for a long time. Makes things much easier and faster. Contender for product of the year! If that were a thing here. Also, thank you for the Share the Love sale.

Post edited by Mr Bowen on
  • bamboojibambooji Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

I like this product very much. Every thing works great. Except that I can not use the process button.
    When I load Pose Builder it covers the middle of the screen, and the process button is at the
    bottom, underneath the screen. I have made sure that the monitor screen resolution is at the correct settings.1366 X 768.

pose_builder.jpg
    934 x 572 - 66K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,216
    edited February 2015

Try clicking on the last check box (Select for Lower Poser) twice, so its state doesn't change but it does have focus. Then press tab to advance the focus - three times judging by the screenshots, or four if the last option was on and you have to go past the selection button - and press the spacebar to "click" the button.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

bambooji said:
    I like this product very much. Every thing works great. Except that I can not use the process button.
    When I load Pose Builder it covers the middle of the screen, and the process button is at the
    bottom, underneath the screen. I have made sure that the monitor screen resolution is at the correct settings.1366 X 768.

Can you send a screen shot of your monitor settings? I checked the dimensions of the script window and it is 731 x 684.

edited December 1969

Thank you Richard, for giving me the solution! Works like a dream :)
    However, I only had to press the tab once, after clicking on the last checkbox.
    Pressing the space bar, enabled the script to do its magic and a new pose appeared after approx 20 seconds.

pose_builder02.jpg
    580 x 379 - 31K
    edited February 2015

bambooji said:

Can you send a screen shot of your monitor settings? I checked the dimensions of the script window and it is 731 x 684.

I have adjusted the settings of my monitor to enable larger text. That could be why things don't work as they should. I did restore it back to 1366 X 768.so that Pose Builder could work. But with windows 8 being what it is, I may have inadvertently changed some settings, preventing Pose Builder from behaving normally. Anyway I am very happy with Pose Builder, its a fantastic product and this workaround suits me fine!

monitor_settings._.jpg
    670 x 563 - 49K
    Post edited by bambooji on
  • JhudJhud Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Wow. I am so looking forward to the update or version 2. It will definitely save some time. How soon do you think it will be made available to us?

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,346
    edited December 1969

Lot of fun with the script. But some duf have problems, I have "Z I'm A Woman You're A Man" from R store, these are duf poses, but don't work in PB.
    Practicaly, now all pose pack are mix and match.
    I also get Skin builder pro, but I didn't see Instant Makeup until was late. I'm a very curious about the next Zev0-Dragonstorm product because PB and SB are too much useful. Happy and waiting for the update.

p5.png
    659 x 659 - 121K
    p4.png
    659 x 659 - 139K
    p3.png
    659 x 659 - 121K
    p2.png
    1500 x 1500 - 974K
    Chica_azul.png
    1500 x 1500 - 559K
    edited February 2015

The sets that come with split poses are compatible. You have to load in the full pose on your selection. And Pose Builder will extract from there. It cannot extract from an already extracted or partial pose (some times it works). So for those type of products, it is best to only load poses from "full body", like you would any other set.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    The sets that come with split poses are compatible. You have to load in the full pose on your selection. And Pose Builder will extract from there. It cannot extract from an already extracted or partial pose (some times it works). So for those type of products, it is best to only load poses from "full body", like you would any other set.

Full pose not working either... until I tested applying the z poses and saving it as new duf, then this pose now works in PB.

edited February 2015

Hmmm..Well I know for a fact all pose sets sold here at Daz work, I have no idea how vendors at other store places save their stuff lol. I'll see what Draagonstorm has to say.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Hmmm..Well I know for a fact all pose sets sold here at Daz work, I have no idea how vendors at other store places save their stuff lol. I'll see what Draagonstorm has to say.

First thing I check for is that there is a file with the file type of .duf with the same name as the thumbnail that was chosen. When I find that file... I look to see if the string type" : "preset_pose", can be found in the file. If I can do both, then that file is acceptable.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

I looked inside Smay's ModernNinja poses (sold here at DAZ) which I was having problem getting Pose Builder to work with and I found it noted as preset_hierarchical_pose so maybe that is why it isn't recognized.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited December 1969

I purchased this on Saturday and, having had a chance to play with it, I can say that it's going to be a very useful tool. Now that the hands/feet issue has been addressed, I do wish that there was a way to adjust the head/neck positions without actually leaving Pose Builder, as I tend to follow the old school rule of matching the tilt of the hips and head as much as possible. Another nitpick is that one has to do a bit of a dance when working with inverted poses, ie: where the character is hanging upside down. If the pose being used for the top half is from an inverted pose there's no problem, but if the only the pose set being used for the bottom is from an inverted pose, the combined pose will automatically follow the top half. I imagine the need for a vertical mirror function isn't going to be all that common for most folks, but it's something to keep in mind for future upgrades/add-ons Finally, I've come across a few cases where Pose Builder was simply unable to find a .duf file from the .png. However, I've found that usually just changing the .png to .duf will let Pose Builder find the pose, though it leaves the thumbnail blank. Very odd.

On the positive side, I'm pleased to say that I've found that a lot of Gen 4 poses apply just fine in Pose Builder. The hands and feet come out a little off, as one would expect, but a pose correction script like Handy Dandy will fix that, and the differences in the torso adjustment are faster to fix in Pose Builder than in PowerPose.

edited February 2015

MrPoser said:
    I looked inside Smay's ModernNinja poses (sold here at DAZ) which I was having problem getting Pose Builder to work with and I found it noted as preset_hierarchical_pose so maybe that is why it isn't recognized.

Yes, The script would not be able to process that.

Post edited by DraagonStorm on
    edited December 1969

I purchased this on Saturday and, having had a chance to play with it, I can say that it's going to be a very useful tool. Now that the hands/feet issue has been addressed, I do wish that there was a way to adjust the head/neck positions without actually leaving Pose Builder, as I tend to follow the old school rule of matching the tilt of the hips and head as much as possible. Another nitpick is that one has to do a bit of a dance when working with inverted poses, ie: where the character is hanging upside down. If the pose being used for the top half is from an inverted pose there's no problem, but if the only the pose set being used for the bottom is from an inverted pose, the combined pose will automatically follow the top half. I imagine the need for a vertical mirror function isn't going to be all that common for most folks, but it's something to keep in mind for future upgrades/add-ons Finally, I've come across a few cases where Pose Builder was simply unable to find a .duf file from the .png. However, I've found that usually just changing the .png to .duf will let Pose Builder find the pose, though it leaves the thumbnail blank. Very odd.

On the positive side, I'm pleased to say that I've found that a lot of Gen 4 poses apply just fine in Pose Builder. The hands and feet come out a little off, as one would expect, but a pose correction script like Handy Dandy will fix that, and the differences in the torso adjustment are faster to fix in Pose Builder than in PowerPose.

Noted:)

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,508
    edited December 1969

This really is turning out to be one of the most useful things I think I've ever purchased for Studio. Before I bought this, all of my poses just sat unused because I don't generally like how most preset poses look. Now they can actually be of use, even if they just provide a single leg or arm pose.

It has certainly helped speed up my usual slow workflow, and that's something I cannot say about 99% of the products that I buy. I wonder if something similar could be made to help put together expressions?.... ;)

Thanks again for this excellent product.

SnowS

edited December 1969

Updated in DIM

edited December 1969

Oh yes, oops, update is available:)

edited February 2015

This really is turning out to be one of the most useful things I think I've ever purchased for Studio. Before I bought this, all of my poses just sat unused because I don't generally like how most preset poses look. Now they can actually be of use, even if they just provide a single leg or arm pose.

It has certainly helped speed up my usual slow workflow, and that's something I cannot say about 99% of the products that I buy. I wonder if something similar could be made to help put together expressions?.... ;)

Thanks again for this excellent product.

SnowS

Thanks snow:). You're welcome. I was experimenting with expressions, but that's a different ball game altogether lol. Chances are we will probably skip that. Reason is its easy enough to dial in expressions via the moprhs provided, so we have to question the viability of such a product.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,508
    edited December 1969

Chances are we will probably skip that. Reason is its easy enough to dial in expressions via the moprhs provided, so we have to question the viability of such a product.

Sure, that's understandable. Just wish it wasn't sooooo darn hard to get a really good smile out of these figures. Guess we'll solve that problem the same day we get a non-scary 3D kid. ;)

edited February 2015

Only solution to that is custom sculpted expressions, or simulate different muscle movement in the face via a bunch of jcm's when you dial up a smile etc. Not impossible, just very complicated to get right lol, and has to work on multiple shapes:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Chances are we will probably skip that. Reason is its easy enough to dial in expressions via the moprhs provided, so we have to question the viability of such a product.

Sure, that's understandable. Just wish it wasn't sooooo darn hard to get a really good smile out of these figures. Guess we'll solve that problem the same day we get a non-scary 3D kid. ;)

The best solution I've found is to have a LOT of good morphs on hand and then average two or three of the best ones together in Puppeteer to best fit the individual character. To that end it's really a shame that Smay hasn't updated the 220 Emotions for Genesis pack to G2F/G2M yet, as it has by far the best range of subtle expressions of any pose pack I've ever seen. Fortunately they've ported fairly well using GenX2 and tend to end up mixed into the majority of my renders.

edited December 1969

Okay, the new additions REALLY make this a formidable posing system. Thank you so much. That said, it did take me a bit to realize that the new convert to duf script only works from .ds, and I wasted a bit of time trying to make it work with some .dsbs. >.<

Now I just need to find a pz2 to duf script and all will be perfect. (I have an insane number of pose sets and Posemaster's conversion of V4 to Genesis can result in some pretty clunky.offsets.)

edited December 1969

Wow! Thank you for the excellent updates! Very nice indeed.

edited February 2015

An oddity to note. I converted dsa poses to duff with the script and some-Jasmin Poses, so far- were rotated. But, if I pose with the dsa file first and then repose the same pose with the duff converted file, the figure pose stays the same. Some poses, Inspire Poses, move the figure above the grid level. They also now ask to leave limits on or off.

Post edited by Mr Bowen on
    edited December 1969

At first I thought the Jasmin poses were mirrored because of one pose. Then I realized the figure is rotated and either above or below grid level. The original Jasmin Poses move the figure above level anyway.

edited February 2015

Mr Bowen said:
    An oddity to note. I converted dsa poses to duff with the script and some-Jasmin Poses, so far- were rotated. But, if I pose with the dsa file first and then repose the same pose with the duff converted file, the figure pose stays the same. Some poses, Inspire Poses, move the figure above the grid level. They also now ask to leave limits on or off.

When converting formats, it will change the figure to the last pose it converted. Just simply zero all pose after conversion is done. Also we added a drop to floor option. Some poses that were designed specifically for a different figure shape (with a different scale) will offset the position. Reason for this is we made sure those poses do not scale the figure. To rectify this, just click on the drop to floor button under misc.

Post edited by Zev0 on