Pose Builder & Pose Converter Support Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Sorry for my ignorance but How can I open the window editor of the extension?

:-(

I'm sorry... I don't understand what you are asking.. What extension? There is no window editor in this script.

• personal.pizarropersonal.pizarro Posts: 13
    edited February 2015

I mean, the way you can open that window "pose builder" with the logo in the bottom. I can't find it.

screen.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 764K
    Post edited by personal.pizarro on
    edited February 2015

I mean, the way you can open that window "pose builder" with the logo in the bottom. I can't find it.

Depending on which library you install to...

You would find the script in that library under Scripts->Pose Builder

From what I see, the script (or any of my scripts) do not appear in Smart Content.

Post edited by DraagonStorm on
  • personal.pizarropersonal.pizarro Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Ops, and how can I show or install that?

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

I bought this immediately this morning.

At first I was flummoxed that it wouldn't accept the DUF extension in the file chooser. Once I had my "d'oh!" moment and realized that it keys off the thumbnail to find the DUF, it was smooth sailing.

I've been fiddling with it off and on all morning. It's a terrific add-on. I love the fact that it finds the (I don't know the right term) multiple-element pose controllers and also resets them is a HUGE time-saver.

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Hi am also very excited about this- bought it as soon as I saw it! I do have a question- does anyone know of a utility that will batch convert old pose files into .duf format? it would be a real pain to have to go and open all of them by hand.

Thanks Zevo and Draagonstorm for giving a great way to make new use of our existing pose libraries!

edited December 1969

Hi am also very excited about this- bought it as soon as I saw it! I do have a question- does anyone know of a utility that will batch convert old pose files into .duf format? it would be a real pain to have to go and open all of them by hand.

Thanks Zevo and Draagonstorm for giving a great way to make new use of our existing pose libraries!

Pretty sure there isn't one... I was thinking of writing one for poses, just wasn't sure about the need...

Let me think about it some more.

edited December 1969

Ops, and how can I show or install that?

You install Pose Builder the same way you would install any other DAZ Studio product.

By the fact that you are using Smart Content, I'm going to assume that you use DAZ Install Manager, and that you have already downloaded and installed Pose Builder.

From your previous screen shot, on the right hand side just above your selected tab Parameters... You will see Content Library.

Click on Content Library, then click on DAZ Studio Formats, then click on Scripts, then click on Pose Builder

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited February 2015

MarcCCTx said:
    I watched the video, but I didn't see... Is there a way to add individual hand poses to this, or do the poses have to inherit from the arm poses? (If not is this a possible future update?)

Ditto on that question. This product looks fairly useful, but getting the hands/wrists exactly right is usually the big bug-a-bear for me when I start mix and matching poses.

Also, you might want to post a higher resolution version of the video somewhere. The text on the 480p version on YouTube is incredibly hard to read:

Hi guys. I just got back lol. Was away for the day. We were deciding if we want to include a setting for hands, but then we would have to test how different hand poses look (mainly how the wrist bends) combined with different arm poses, and was running out of time to meet release date. We will see how this works with further testing, but no guarentees. If resullts are good, we could add as an update. With regards to the video, Youtube decided to auto format the video at that res. The original file was 720P. Also we will review the batch converter Draagonstorm mentioned earlier. Thanks for all the support and I hope you enjoy using this product as much as we do:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Pretty sure there isn't one... I was thinking of writing one for poses, just wasn't sure about the need...

NEED! NEED! NEED! LOL

Glad to hear you guys have been thinking about it!

This is really such a cool tool!

edited December 1969

I don't have all the pose sets, so out of curiosity, how many are saved in .dsf? Can they be listed perhaps?

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

I couldn't get this to work directly with Smay's Modern Ninja Poses for Genesis 2 Male and Michael 6. It kept saying the file was not a duf file even though they are. However as a test I saved one of the poses under another name and then it would load with Pose builder. Not sure what the issue is. Attached is the error message I am getting.

pose_builder_error.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 219K
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited December 1969

Cridjit's Posemaster will do batch transfers if you're cross-transferring anything from the Gen 3s through original Genesis (assuming that you have the add-on people pack for the gen 3s.) However, the batch transfer's not a one click solution and he's never made an upgrade that includes the G2s.

edited December 1969

Cridjit's Posemaster will do batch transfers if you're cross-transferring anything from the Gen 3s through original Genesis (assuming that you have the add-on people pack for the gen 3s.) However, the batch transfer's not a one click solution and he's never made an upgrade that includes the G2s.

Zev and I have been discussing this and the hand pose question, and decided to go ahead and do an update to include them in the script.

I will add functions for hands, left hand and right hand; feet, left foot and right foot; and a tab to convert all .dsf pose presets to .duf pose presets within a selected folder.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited December 1969

Zev and I have been discussing this and the hand pose question, and decided to go ahead and do an update to include them in the script.

I will add functions for hands, left hand and right hand; feet, left foot and right foot; and a tab to convert all .dsf pose presets to .duf pose presets within a selected folder.

That's fantastic and far more that I expected, as I would gladly have paid for a separate add-on pack to get the hands. I'm glad you specifically mentioned the feet, however, as one of my biggest issues with a lot of commercial pose packs is that the feet are usually posed as though they're in high heels.

• ShawnBoothShawnBooth Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

You guys kick @$$

edited February 2015

Lol thanks, we try:) Oh we also added a handy UNDO button so you can roll back your changes incase you don't like the combo you made. Just busy testing all additions.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • reiner.loeffelreiner.loeffel Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I have purchased to much for this tool

First you buy and install it, now you can find nothing
    Then you download the manual install zip file to find the Detailed User Tutorial (.PDF)
    Its joke and no detailed User Tutorial, then you have to search the forums and you see others had the same problem
    And the people dont understand that the users dont know how to start this ...
    Ok then you find the solution and start this tool
    Its like you are an Beta Tester from Win8
    The enviroment is set to my library and not to any poses
    Now my beta test ends and i hope sometimes there comes realy an working beta and an realy detailed user tutorial

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Many thanks for your respective hard work for these future updates, Zev and Draagon!

edited February 2015

@ reiner.loeffel. You have to manually set it to point to where your poses are located. There is no way we can have a standard classification as to where the script should look because not everybody saves their content in the same path, or same hard-drive for that matter. Once you define the path, it remembers.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,888
    edited December 1969

Is it any chance to add such features, like drop to, to the product, so for example hands, feet or any other body part
    or whole body could have contact with props or any other figures or part of them?
    There is such similar functionality in Vue, so it is doable, but I can imagine it require some more work to bring it to Daz Studio.

edited February 2015

That would require some form of object collision recognition, and should be an app feature rather than a product feature. I have no idea if that can be done externally via a product at this stage and how much time & resources it would require.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    @ reiner.loeffel. You have to manually set it to point to where your poses are located. There is no way we can have a standard classification as to where the script should look because not everybody saves their content in the same path, or same hard-drive for that matter. Once you define the path, it remembers.

Where can i define the path ?

edited December 1969

For each option you define a path..eg if I want to apply upper pose, I select the path and point to that pose folder and choose one. And when you open it again, it will open in the last location you were in.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    For each option you define a path..eg if I want to apply upper pose, I select the path and point to that pose folder and choose one. And when you open it again, it will open in the last location you were in.

Thank You

edited December 1969

Cool. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. It is what this thread is for:)

• Avalon999Avalon999 Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

That's a very cool product, it works like a charm and it's a must-have in my opinion.
    And I can say so only after 15 mins playing with it. Great job guys!

edited December 1969

I have purchased to much for this tool

First you buy and install it, now you can find nothing
    Then you download the manual install zip file to find the Detailed User Tutorial (.PDF)
    Its joke and no detailed User Tutorial, then you have to search the forums and you see others had the same problem
    And the people dont understand that the users dont know how to start this ...
    Ok then you find the solution and start this tool
    Its like you are an Beta Tester from Win8
    The enviroment is set to my library and not to any poses
    Now my beta test ends and i hope sometimes there comes realy an working beta and an realy detailed user tutorial

OK I will admit that I was taken aback when it just opened a window in my library and not pointed to my poses, and then I realized that everyone puts their stuff in different places and it would be pretty hard (impossible) to guess where they all are on an individuals machine.
    Now that I have figured out where most of my own poses are I find it's working good.

edited February 2015

Yes, the best thing we could do was add was a "remember last location" so you would't have to search for them again from scratch. This was one of the major talking points we had when developing the product.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,027
    edited December 1969

I don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but Pose Builder does appear in Smart Content (although it doesn't have a product image icon) with the script loading icon inside.
    Product works great by the way.
    It would be nice if DAZ would update all the pose sets to .duf files so we could update them via DIM. Something for them to consider. :)