Pose Builder & Pose Converter Support Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• Digital TouchDigital Touch Posts: 187
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Can I see a screenshot with your paths assigned?

Oops, nevermind. I forgot to refresh the library :lol:
    One more question thought, is the Zforearm Unlocker the same as No Limit Rotation on Edit>Figure tab?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited June 2015

No it's different\specific. It only unlocks certain values in order to match Genesis 2 poses better. If all was unlocked it actually broke a lot of poses.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited June 2015

Zev0 said:
    No it's different\specific. It only unlocks certain values in order to match Genesis 2 poses better. If all was unlocked it actually broke a lot of poses.

Ah, i see. Well let's just say if I convert G2F Poses and make it to G3F poses, but I want to make it as a product. Should I make this product as requirement? Or could I incorporate only the "ZForearm Unlocker" script into the product?

Post edited by Digital Touch on
    edited December 1969

I'll get back to you on that one. Will need to have a discussion with Draagonstorm as well as DAZ to see what can be done in that regard.

• ShawnBoothShawnBooth Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

I would like to say how disappointed I am with PB for G3 being a completely separate purchase when considering how recently PB for G2 was released. I feel ripped. I know you guys work hard to create your products but you had to know G3 was coming.

Maybe it's just me.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    edited December 1969

Will the new Poser Builder add support for Genesis 3 Males as an update, or will that be a separately priced add-on?

edited June 2015

Male support will be included once the Genesis 3 male is released. So if need be the product will be updated if there are rigging changes.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited June 2015

I would like to say how disappointed I am with PB for G3 being a completely separate purchase when considering how recently PB for G2 was released. I feel ripped. I know you guys work hard to create your products but you had to know G3 was coming.

Maybe it's just me.

Sorry you feel that way. We felt since Genesis 2 poses didn't work on genesis 3, offering a way to maximize compatibility and pose flexibility from the get go was essential. Also we offered an additional discount for those who bought the previous version of Pose Builder. We also reduced the price of the bundle where you are getting two products for much cheaper. Had genesis 2 poses not been an issue the Pose Builder product would have been released much later or maybe not even at all.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ShawnBoothShawnBooth Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

Maybe it's just me.

Sorry you feel that way. We felt since Genesis 2 poses didn't work on genesis 3, offering a way to maximize compatibility and pose flexibility from the get go was essential. Also we offered an additional discount for those who bought the previous version of Pose Builder. We also reduced the price of the bundle where you are getting two products for much cheaper. Had genesis 2 poses not been an issue the Pose Builder product would have been released much later or maybe not even at all.

Fair enough.
    Thank you for the response. I'll have to grab when I get V7 (waiting until M7 is released). I didn't realize there was a discount for previous owners, thank you again.

edited June 2015

We made sure it was a rule that previous owners got an additional discount. We don't expect people to buy the same type of product twice in such a small timeframe let alone at normal selling price lol. That would be unfair. Hell I don't expect huge sales right now even. People are still digesting the fact that genesis 3 exists lol. Our job was just to make sure there was options pose wise for Genesis 3, where people could use their investments for genesis 2 as well:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Zevo,

Will you be releasing versions of glute and breast control etc for G3 V7.??, and if so could you give a very approximate ballpark release time..I won't be buying into G3 until your essential Morph packs have been upgraded for it.

Cheers,

S.K.

edited June 2015

Im busy with ShapeShift for genesis 3 first. The rest will follow. Probably growing up and aging morphs. At the same time my priority is getting fit control for genesis 2 males released as well and the update for the female version. Genesis 3 is quite different so I'm still working out my workflow lol. But there will definately be G3 versions of the essentials. So with regards to an actual time frame I have no idea. All depends on how much coffee I have lol. But I am working on them:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I'll get back to you on that one. Will need to have a discussion with Draagonstorm as well as DAZ to see what can be done in that regard.

Thank you, hope to hear from you soon.

edited June 2015

Ok you will have to provide your own version (make your own script) of the Zforearm unlocker as Genesis 3 has it locked by default. The one that comes with the product may not be re-distributed unfortunately. But if you are making poses from converted Genesis2 sets, then it's actually easier to just manipulate them manually to match. The Zforearm unlocker was only needed to mimic and get Genesis 2 poses as close as possible without manual adjustments so the conversion process could give more accurate results.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Ok you will have to provide your own version (make your own script) of the Zforearm unlocker as Genesis 3 has it locked by default. The one that comes with the product may not be re-distributed unfortunately. But if you are making poses from converted Genesis2 sets, then it's actually easier to just manipulate them manually to match. The Zforearm unlocker was only needed to mimic and get Genesis 2 poses as close as possible without manual adjustments so the conversion process could give more accurate results.

I see, thank you for the heads up. Great product btw, save us lot of poses library.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Actually, the Pose Builder/Converter bundle was the one non-DAZ 'Must Have' item for me, and buying it by itself let me get to the next 'punch' level, which means V7 will be discounted a little bit more...

While you may not expect huge sales, I definitely hope you get them! After all, that will fund your coffee resources, which will let you produce cool tools faster! ;) (Can you tell I've been overplaying Fallout Shelter a bit much...?)

Seriously, I'm happy to hear you've got some solid G3 plans!

-- Morgan

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,070
    edited December 1969

I just want to say thanks for the additional discount for those of us with the earlier pose builder product. - with a product launch like this, every bit helps!

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822
    edited June 2015

EDIT: Never mind. Pose Converter had put things where I told it to; it just created a subdirectory to do it, which I wasn't expecting and my column width didn't let me see at first.

I am confused about why I now have a set of the poses BOTH in the program's own Converted directory and another copy in the directory where I told it to go in the first place, however.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Spydyr62Spydyr62 Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

I am having problems figuring out how to get pose converter to work for me. When I click on the script in the content window, it gives the following error in the log file:

Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter.dse
    Failed to load script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter.dse

I may be confused on something.

How am I supposed to normally start the script? Am I not launching it properly?
    Is Pose Builder for G3 a requirement? I did not see it listed on the product page as a req.
    Or is this issue something else?

edited June 2015

Basically you just click on the script icon and it should load. Pose Builder for G3 is not a requirement. What version of Studio are you running?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Spydyr62 said:
    I am having problems figuring out how to get pose converter to work for me. When I click on the script in the content window, it gives the following error in the log file:

Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter.dse
    Failed to load script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter.dse

I may be confused on something.

How am I supposed to normally start the script? Am I not launching it properly?
    Is Pose Builder for G3 a requirement? I did not see it listed on the product page as a req.
    Or is this issue something else?

Have you tried to run daz studio in administrator ?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the discount on the Pose Builder/Converter bundle. I've had good luck so far with the results from the converter. Here is my wish for enhancement: METADATA! I wish it would create a product entry, copy the metadata from the original product for the converted poses and change the compatibility to G3F. I've been doing it by hand after converting, but it would be awesome if that were automated.

Now that I have G3F, I am desperately missing Fit Control! I hope to see it soon for G3F.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,152
    edited December 1969

Same here. Fit Control is a must have. Hope it will be available for G3F soon. Maybe a little after the Fit Control update Zev0's working on?

edited June 2015

Well my current schedule is Fit control update for G2F\G1, then G2M\G1 release, then ShapeShift for G3. I might work on Fit Control for G3 at the same time as ShapeShift. Other essentials I need to get done are Growing up and Aging morphs for G3. Hoping to get all done in the space of two months. So lot's to do in very little time:( But the G2\G1 Fit control stuff will be released first then I can focus on G3 for a bit. Still lots to learn on Genesis3 of how to get the best workflow for content creation:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

A V4/m4 pose to Gen 2 Pose converter could be popular (if possible) :)

edited June 2015

That's NOT a bad suggestion actually:) We will have to see what all is involved. OOps I left the word NOT out in my original post :P

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

It appears I was still running an old version of studio 4.8 iradium. I am downloading the update and then will retry the script...hopefully that will do the trick.

edited December 1969

Script fired right up for me after I updated. I was still using 4.8 beta..I had forgot to update and go back to the full release shortcut. Thanks for helping me think it through.

edited June 2015

sweeet. :cheese:

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

I posted in another topic then found this one. Is the 15% off over? The banner is still there but the item price went up in my cart since I added it.