Show us more of your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

DARU said:

I used the AWE Shading Kit. This unlocked 3Delight for me.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5295127903862784#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1295076

Love it! 

• DARUDARU Posts: 33

Sven Dullah said:

Love it! 

Thanks ! AWE Shading Kit is great.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited June 2023

DARU said:

Sven Dullah said:

Love it! 

Thanks ! AWE Shading Kit is great.

You sure can't argue with the results you and Sven achieve with it, great image!

-- Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on

wsterdan said:

You sure can't argue with the results you and Sven achieve with it, great image!

-- Walt Sterdan

Thank you, I am amazed at the possibilities of 3Delight!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,410

I Do like the motion blurs on the sword swipes !  Very cool in render effect.

FirstBastion said:

I Do like the motion blurs on the sword swipes !  Very cool in render effect.

Thank you. I had a hard time adjusting the motion blur. 

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited June 2023

Two faces of the same cloth-One whimsical, other pissed off heh

https://postimg.cc/QBX36wxm

https://postimg.cc/DJJLXJT9

For some reason site is acting weird on my end. :-/

Post edited by Ilena on

Ilena said:

Two faces of the same cloth-One whimsical, other pissed off heh

https://postimg.cc/QBX36wxm

https://postimg.cc/DJJLXJT9

For some reason site is acting weird on my end. :-/

Very nice, I really like how the different metals and stone came out; I especially liked Fairy Flight, the lighting is great and the character herself looks especially well-done.

-- Walt Sterdan

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,013

Re-did an old image using some new tricks and content.

Well, since I've managed to render a few images despite the heat wave we've been having lately, I wanted to share one or two of them. As it turns out, and much to my surprise...not...the forums are broken again.

I'll just crawl back into my mud hole under a rock, way to go DAZ, running a CG company, reality nowadays outscores any type of fiction by miles!

Nice renders, folks, btw!!

Sven Dullah said:

Well, since I've managed to render a few images despite the heat wave we've been having lately, I wanted to share one or two of them. As it turns out, and much to my surprise...not...the forums are broken again.

I'll just crawl back into my mud hole under a rock, way to go DAZ, running a CG company, reality nowadays outscores any type of fiction by miles!

I was wondering where you were, still looking forward to more renders and hopefully the animation you were working on.

Posting images to the forums has been hit-or-miss for months now; I find that trying at various hours during the day I can actually upload something hours after my first attempt.

It makes me laugh that some people are worried that DAZ might switch to an online service only when keeping the forums running correctly seems impossilble.

Looking forward to some new renders.

-- Walt Sterdan

wsterdan said:

Sven Dullah said:

I was wondering where you were, still looking forward to more renders and hopefully the animation you were working on.

Posting images to the forums has been hit-or-miss for months now; I find that trying at various hours during the day I can actually upload something hours after my first attempt.

It makes me laugh that some people are worried that DAZ might switch to an online service only when keeping the forums running correctly seems impossilble.

Looking forward to some new renders.

-- Walt Sterdan

Hi Walt! Yeah, same old same old...amazing user experiencelaugh

Yup, I worked hard on that animation for a couple of weeks, even rendered out some parts. Decided to put it on ice during the summer months and recharge the batteries;) Meanwhile, working on the soundtrack, making the occasional stillrender and trying to keep out of troublesmiley

Is there a way to get light to transmit through a surface, e.g. Japanese paper walls and doors.

edited July 2023

Ethin said:

Is there a way to get light to transmit through a surface, e.g. Japanese paper walls and doors.

That would be translucency, for surfaces with no actual thickness. For thick surfaces you'd need to use SSS.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Sven Dullah said:

Ethin said:

That would be translucency, for surfaces with no actual thickness. 

I get what your saying, but what I'm after is the surface being mostly transparent to the light but not the camera. I figured out how to do it with geo-shells but I need a way to do it using just shaders on a single surface. 

edited July 2023

Ethin said:

Sven Dullah said:

Ethin said:

That would be translucency, for surfaces with no actual thickness. 

I get what your saying, but what I'm after is the surface being mostly transparent to the light but not the camera. I figured out how to do it with geo-shells but I need a way to do it using just shaders on a single surface. 

I guess in theory you could modify the AoA SSS or create a shader from scratch that does this, but your workaround seems to be the simplest solution by far;) 

Using OmUberSurface translucency with UE bouncelight and possibly some opacity dialed in would take you pretty far  IMO, but I of course don't know exactly what your issue is? Not enough diffuselight coming through?

edited July 2023

I think my brain melted from the heat. I was having all these D|S related problems most of witch turned out to be just me being dumb. Anyway I figured out a work around for this particular issue. Thanks for putting up with my derpyness.

Testing an environment, may be a bit before I can finish an image with it.

TeaHouse Test 02.jpg
    1820 x 1024 - 1002K
    Post edited by Ethin on

Looks nice!

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited July 2023

@Ethin :

That is a great night-time image.

I am working on something similar, but real-time rendering in FlowScape.  Having translucency issues with my Shoji lamps (and lighting in general), so I am going to recreate it to render in DS with 3Delight.

When I do translucent shader work, I create Opacity maps (grayscale: Level dictates how much transparency there is), but I don't ever use Uber shaders, so I have no idea if they work the same in those shader setups.

A small critique if you are going for more realism for the Shoji lamp:  As I look up behind me to my real-world lit-up Shoji lamp for a comparison to your lit Shoji lamp, two things are of note; 1. There is no self-shadowing (It does not cast a shadow of itself on the wall, or the Katanakake with Katana/Bokken next to it), and 2. It does soften (by magnitude of half) the overhead room light (room centered fan-light) shadows which include the Shoji lamp, Katanakake, and all Katana/Bokken which are cast on the wall behind it.

However, it does cast a self-shadow of it's framework (top woodframe exposed to the light) up to the ceiling (where it is open -- EDIT: Qualifier, the lamp sits on a high shelf approximately 32 inches from the ceiling, so shadow is strong -- In your case, I am not sure how much or how strong shadow would be from the floor), but that does not involve any ricepaper shadowcasting.

Also, to note; If I turn off my main overhead light, my small room (about the equivalent of your image's room) is very dimly lit (the lamp produces the equivalent of a single lit candle flame being emitted), and except for the immediate area behind me where the lamp is, the rest of the room looks like the back room in your image.

Your image also casts outside shadows from another light source, so it appears as if there is a global light source such as moonlight, or perhaps another strong lighting source off-screen.  It feels like moonlight, and it is very well done.

Take my critique with a grain of salt  --  It's your work.  I just wanted to give you a real-world comparison from someone who lives with Shoji lamp light on a daily basis.

Take care...

Ken

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
    edited July 2023

Testing uploading...

Cont Livingroom awe1G.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited July 2023

AtlantisCoastG awe5.png
    2560 x 1440 - 5M

Sven Dullah said:

Testing uploading...

The test appears to have worked. 

Great image; I honestly have a hard time picking out what's "real" and what's 3D, which I guess says a lot. laugh

-- Walt Sterdan

Sven Dullah said:

Another great image; the water, the birds, the boat, the sand... all excellent. I'm especially imperssed by the reflection in the water, very nice!

-- Walt Sterdan

Ethin said:

I think my brain melted from the heat. I was having all these D|S related problems most of witch turned out to be just me being dumb. Anyway I figured out a work around for this particular issue. Thanks for putting up with my derpyness.

Testing an environment, may be a bit before I can finish an image with it.

If the goal was to have the rice paper doors in front look as if they're illuminated from inside, I think you succeeded. Looks good, looking forward to seeing the finished image.

-- Walt Sterdan

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,547

Sven Dullah said:

Testing uploading...

If I didn't recognize the room, I could've passed this as a real photo yes 

edited July 2023

Tks guys for your comments! Uploading seems to work at 4:30AM local time...frown...yes...I guess...zzz...it failed just an hour ago...Hey Ho..

Deathcap awe.jpg
    3200 x 3696 - 4M
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited October 2023

Well, I've got another publication project in progress. This one will probbly not be posted, since the author doesn't seem to be interested. But I'm building it for my own collection. And, yes, it's another Harry Potter fanfic. 

It starts immediately after the great battle of Hogwarts. Albus Dumbledore evidently left a timed delivered letter to the DMLE explaining about Tom Riddle's Horcruxes. And the fact that Harry is one of them.

I did it in layers since there is a possibility that I may need to substitute the English Rose variant of Hermione instead of the mixed race one.

Don't know why the file detached. Here's a re-upload.)

Frontspiece.jpg
    796 x 1372 - 261K
    Post edited by JOdel on
    edited July 2023

Next up is a couple of chapters in, when Harry, having been sent back to 1991 yo the day before the Zoo trip, has escaped from the Dursleys before anyone is awake, and manages to get to Cokeworth.

Snape, after having been roused out of bed at 4:30 in the morning, making something to eat, before getting the tale that young Potter is determined to tell him.

The scene is the one that I posted versions of over in the kitbash thread. Before I could show Snape in his kitchen, I had to build him a kitchen.

Kitchen.jpg
    858 x 1503 - 256K
    Post edited by JOdel on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

Hi All,

Some fascinating art being made here!

I was originally doing something quite mundane when I noticed a interesting reflection...

Mirror Ball

edited October 2023

Neat reflection!

Continuing with the publicatin project: After coffee and something to eat, Snape casts a medical diagnostic on his uninvited guest, and concludes that some outside assistance is required.

When Amelia Bones arrives at work in the DMLE, Edgar, the Spinner's End owl is her first visitor. Complete with a medical diagnostic and a request for her to cme to Spinner's End, and bring a Pensieve.

(This particular illo is a chapter tail. He needed to be a Greater Sooty Owl, but that isn't one of the breeds which have been releasd, so I needed to tamper with the texture as best I could.)

(Another re-upload. No idea why the file detached.)

Edgar.jpg
    793 x 1124 - 209K
    Post edited by JOdel on