Show us more of your 3Delight renders

Comments

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

nattaruk said:

Hyorin On The Promenade

Postcard from an imaginary holiday; 'wish you were her'.

3Delight, gimp & fotosketcher.

Nice, clean shot; the water looks excellent and the pose looks pretty close to perfect (the arms leaning and the foot hooked over the bottom rail looks "real").

-- Walt Sterdan

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,012

She's a real knock out.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2023

Ethin said:

She's a real knock out.

Fun image sequence:) Poses & Expressions are spot on, nice skin detail and droplets! 

...just a tip regarding DoF: For an even cleaner look, you might want to ramp up pixel samples some;)

Yeah I feel for the Dino Croc, let's hope he just passed outcryinglaugh

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Sven Dullah said:

Fun image sequence:) Poses & Expressions are spot on, nice skin detail and droplets! 

...just a tip regarding DoF: For an even cleaner look, you might want to ramp up pixel samples some;)

Thanks!smiley

Ah, so that's why the DOF bluring is all grainy like an Iray render. So is that something you adjust case by case or is there a good number you can just leave it at? 

I thought about doing some cartoon/Anime swirly eyes and stars for Mr Croco, but decided it wouldn't work with the image.indecision

Ethin said:

Sven Dullah said:

Thanks!smiley

Ah, so that's why the DOF bluring is all grainy like an Iray render. So is that something you adjust case by case or is there a good number you can just leave it at? 

So I don't know what you used here, but I'd say 8x8 would be minimum for a final render with DoF. 10x10 is a good number for most scenarios.  With heavy DoF you might need to go up to 16x16 or more. And yes, it is taxing on the CPU, so it's always a balance;)

edited August 2023

A Glass WormG awe.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M

Fascinating body texture! Is it an internal glow, or is it reflecting a glow from below?

Neat picture!

-- Walt Sterdan

edited August 2023

wsterdan said:

Fascinating body texture! Is it an internal glow, or is it reflecting a glow from below?

Neat picture!

-- Walt Sterdan

Tks! Basically made of liquid/glass (100% transmission with transmission roughness 11% , transmission color using the diffuse map, IoR 1.38 or thereabout) with a mapped greenish reflective coat layer on top. So no internal glow, what you see is reflection/refraction;) Unfortunately DAZ -  3DL struggles with caustics, but wowie's transmission shadows are pretty cool. And, of course, there's a custom 8k displacement map to scatter the highlights / reflections / refractions a tad:)

edited September 2023

Lesser Pyramid Revisited

Lesser Temple awe.jpg
    2400 x 1350 - 2M
    edited September 2023

TimeMachine Dystopia.jpg
    2400 x 1350 - 2M

Sven Dullah said:

Lesser Pyramid Revisited

The lighting is absolutely gorgeous, as are the shadows. Very nice. Great composition that evokes instant questions about the vessel inside the temple. Well done!

-- Walt Sterdan

Sven Dullah said:

Lesser Pyramid Revisited

heart !

Sven Dullah said:

Nice!

• Ethin said:

Wow, gorgeous light effects and DoF! Love the candles as well:)

...and tks for commenting on my stoopid stuff:)) 

edited September 2023

wsterdan said:

Sven Dullah said:

Lesser Pyramid Revisited

The lighting is absolutely gorgeous, as are the shadows. Very nice. Great composition that evokes instant questions about the vessel inside the temple. Well done!

-- Walt Sterdan

Well I actually put some effort into it, so really appreciate your comment:) 

Edit for context: I find great pleasure in trying to salvage all kinds of old products with a SKU less than 10000 or so:) Like the temple by Antfarm that ships with a pair of diffuse textures (spent two days creating control maps), or Stonemason's old (really old lol) Skyrider, which I'm working on atm, that also comes with only diffuse textures (naturally plugged into both diffuse and bumpchannels, with wrong gamma values and all that). But yeah, some stuff is worth forgetting all about, some stuff owns a diversity that is hard to find in the DAZ store today...(highly subjective opinion)

And as for the Dystopian city blocks...always loved them heheyes

edited September 2023

SkyCars on Rooftop or What I've Been Doing The Last Ten Days Or So

blush(Basically testing three sets of skycar custom textures.. as always things got slightly out of hands)

• Sven Dullah said:

Lesser Pyramid Revisited

This one raises questions and suggests a story with a single image.  

• FirstBastion said:

Sven Dullah said:

Lesser Pyramid Revisited

This one raises questions and suggests a story with a single image.  

Thank You! 

Sven Dullah said:

blush(Basically testing three sets of skycar custom textures.. as always things got slightly out of hands)

Great use of the props and the background city, love the metals. I did have one question: is that pink rectangle at the top of the building near the centre of the image supposed to be there? Is it signage or a beacon for aircraft?

-- Walt Sterdan 

edited September 2023

wsterdan said:

Sven Dullah said:

Great use of the props and the background city, love the metals. I did have one question: is that pink rectangle at the top of the building near the centre of the image supposed to be there? Is it signage or a beacon for aircraft?

-- Walt Sterdan 

Ahh, I guess I should still label it a WIP:) Good point, it's part of the Dystopia building and is probably meant to be a beacon, should have done more of it. Not many polygons to work with haha! Anyway, there are tons of more dramatic angles here for storytelling, but I think I need a break from the legacy stuff for a while :))) Learned a bunch of new tricks and saved out all kinds of presets along the way, so it's all good. Will post a slightly better postworked version  in a while...Thanks, as always for providing feedback!

edited September 2023

...well the beacon can be easily hidden/replaced, found some suitable Nightshift props for future use;) Here's a slightly altered version, for what it's worth..

SKYCARS DYSTOPIA AWE2.png
    3200 x 1800 - 7M
    edited September 2023

I used all 20 Dystopia City blocks I own, + the lot instanced a couple of times to see if I got all the mats about right, and if they render ok at a distance (which they obviously are meant for). Added a number of skycars to get a sense of the scale:)

The Suburbslaugh...non-artistic(aren't they all?) raw render...I can't help loving these, well done @Moebius87!!

Dystopia Suburbs awe.png
    2400 x 1350 - 3M

Awesome image; I'd forgotten how good those sets are, I'll need to use them again.

-- Walt Sterdan

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited September 2023

Somehow the Frontspiece illo that I posted got detached. So here's a re-post. 

I turned out to have been correct in my guess of which Hermione model to use. The author(s) posted 3 new chapters about a week ago which added about another third to the overall length of the fic. 

This called for another couple of illos.

Frontspiece.png
    1298 x 2222 - 5M
    Post edited by JOdel on
    edited September 2023

So, for the first 15 chapters or so we've been following the actions of a time-traveling Harry Potter.

Harry wasn't the only person who was sent back. 

Chapter 16 we sidestep to catch up with the actions of a time-traveling Hermione Granger. This time around Hermione has an agenda. One which entails networking. Where better to begin than on the Hogwarts Express?

Compartment.png
    1284 x 2210 - 5M
    Post edited by JOdel on

With Chapter 17 we catch up to Neville Longbottom. An 18-year-old Nevile is by no means the same person as an 11-year-old Neville. And since the original trio neveer really paid a lot of attention to Neville, they don't really know him. And neither do we.

His home situation is not a lot happier than Harry's was, but neglect in a comfortable environment means one has options.

Hermione has an agenda. Neville has a mission. 

And, this time around, he isn't lumbered with a toad.

Graveyard.png
    1280 x 2212 - 7M
  • I can really appreciate the amount of work that you've been putting into these, @JOdel! Respect:)

Thank you! The compartment one was a marathon. It's the same computer, and the same copy of studio, but suddenly it seems to take twice as long to either open a file or merge one subscene into another.

• wsterdan said:

Awesome image; I'd forgotten how good those sets are, I'll need to use them again.

-- Walt Sterdan

Yeah you should:)) 

Even the full set above is not very taxing on my system (and I replaced most original textures with 8k PBR:s)...thinking of using them in the animation I may or may not be working on at the momentcool. Infact I got some fun results after slapping the PWeffect shader on them and applying ghost opacity...and PW shaders can be animated by default, just like aweSurface.

• JOdel said:

Thank you! The compartment one was a marathon. It's the same computer, and the same copy of studio, but suddenly it seems to take twice as long to either open a file or merge one subscene into another.

Well dForce really adds to file sizes I've noticed.