Show us more of your 3Delight renders

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

I don't use dForce, but some of the clothing or hair in the scene was built for it. I suspect that most of the problem is loading six G8F figures into one scene. My G8 library has a lot of morphs and characters for the program to have to sift through before it comits to loading something.

• ...so still building my Dystopia Suburb, adding interiors as I go...

The Dystopia Diner

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,013

• "Play Time"

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2023

Some Close-To-Gimp experiences...

Dystopia NPR3.jpg
    1600 x 896 - 686K
    Dystopia NPR5.jpg
    1600 x 896 - 905K
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Watts Building

edited October 2023

Adjusted some stuff...

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

I love the lighting and textures, as well as the huge seting you're creating with the Dystopian city blocks. You're really pulling a world and story together!

-- Walt Sterdan

wsterdan said:

I love the lighting and textures, as well as the huge seting you're creating with the Dystopian city blocks. You're really pulling a world and story together!

-- Walt Sterdan

Tks a lot! That huge set has over 2000 mat-zones, still loads/saves with 10 fullly dressed Genesis characters in a couple of minutes;) The rest I will save as subset add-ons, though:))

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

One for you @Sven Dullah :) I was looking through some old scenes and this one was set up for 3DLight so I rendered it :)

2023-10-02 18:22:45.560 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 4 minutes 48.98 seconds

Victorian Christmas Street

Click on image for full size.

Fishtales said:

One for you @Sven Dullah :) I was looking through some old scenes and this one was set up for 3DLight so I rendered it :)

2023-10-02 18:22:45.560 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 4 minutes 48.98 seconds

Wow, for me? surprise Tks mate, but isn't it a bit early for Christmas...let's skip through Halloween first, shall we?

Would make a nice Xmas card, and yeah my renders typically take a little longer than thatlaugh

edited October 2023

Ms C going for a ride...(testrender, yup, still stuck in the Watts Buildingblush)

edited October 2023

Luckily ms C has left the building:)

Unfortunately the Nemesis did not quite survive SubD without protesting, so I had to use bilinear for now, which is still much better than base level. Next step would be starting to edit the SubD weights...gaasp

Finished The Watts Building...onwards...

edited October 2023

Please ignore...I just need to rant some (and this is the best place since nobody sees it):

I dont recall who made the streets of Tondo, and it does not matter. I bought it quite some time ago and only now had a serious look at it. Wow! Honestly I'm struggling to find something positive to say about it, just plain bad low resolution geometry and textures, bad design desicions, bad material zones...frankly I'm speechless. If this is the general quality level of new products, I can truly do without them, long live the old stuff...UGH

(well it was worth a try, and yup the bike is great, Nightshift rules)

Tondo awe.jpg
    1800 x 1013 - 2M
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

I'm still using any number of things from the old RDNA Deep Freeze collection, and PC+ stuff from the mid-oughts (much of it from Redhouse). Yeah, some of it was really low-poly and depended on the textures to make it's point, but hey, it *worked*.

edited October 2023

My point is: Take a look at the Watts Building above! It's fricking OLD. Granted I retextured a lot, but if you do a clay render it looks great, still. Take away the diffuse textures of streets of Tondo and it does not look at all that great, just saying:))

Aah, never mind, had some plans for this set, now I don't see myself putting much effort in fixing it up...

Apologies, folks for being negative, too much of that around alreadyenlightened

edited October 2023

Sven Dullah said:

Please ignore...I just need to rant some (and this is the best place since nobody sees it):

I dont recall who made the streets of Tondo, and it does not matter. I bought it quite some time ago and only now had a serious look at it. Wow! Honestly I'm struggling to find something positive to say about it, just plain bad low resolution geometry and textures, bad design desicions, bad material zones...frankly I'm speechless. If this is the general quality level of new products, I can truly do without them, long live the old stuff...UGH

Sorry, you still managed to make it look pretty darn good to me!

Is it possible that it works better in iRay?

And yes, Nightshift does, indeed, rule. A couple of his space craft are still among my favourites.

-- Walt Sterdan 

Post edited by wsterdan on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

Title: Dappled

nattaruk said:

Love the shadows and DoF. Did you postwork the  DoF or is it a combination of camerablur and PW?

Nice! 

wsterdan said:

Sven Dullah said:

Sorry, you still managed to make it look pretty darn good to me!

Is it possible that it works better in iRay?

And yes, Nightshift does, indeed, rule. A couple of his space craft are still among my favourites.

-- Walt Sterdan 

TY Walt, I may revisit that set later..much later hehe..

IRay might be a bit more forgiving than wowie's shaders, when it comes to dealing with bad normals etc. I can't really say, not used IRay enough. But I doubt that these low resolution textures look all that good in IRay close-up renders, without heavy DoF or postwork... 

One point: 3DL is superior to IRay when it comes to handling bump/displacement. Which is why we see no proper height maps anymore, just normalmaps, that mostly look awful in my honest opinion...and, if lucky, roughness maps, which indeed are most useful.

And yup, bump is the same as displacement, just without (surface)tracing;)

• MadaMada Posts: 1,869

Sven Dullah said:

Adjusted some stuff...

Nice job on the lighting, and I love the splash of purple with the car :)

Mada said:

Sven Dullah said:

Adjusted some stuff...

Nice job on the lighting, and I love the splash of purple with the car :)

TY so muchsmiley

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

Sven Dullah said:

nattaruk said:

Love the shadows and DoF. Did you postwork the  DoF or is it a combination of camerablur and PW?

Nice! 

Hi Sven,

Ta!

It's all camera blur, postwork was tweaking levels, applying a slight 'S' curve, unsharp mask and a little desaturation.

I don't use DoF much because most of the time I want to immerse the viewer in the scene but in this case imitating a photograph works well; it seems to fit the pose and composition.

nattaruk said:

Sven Dullah said:

nattaruk said:

Nice! 

Hi Sven,

Ta!

It's all camera blur, postwork was tweaking levels, applying a slight 'S' curve, unsharp mask and a little desaturation.

I don't use DoF much because most of the time I want to immerse the viewer in the scene but in this case imitating a photograph works well; it seems to fit the pose and composition.

Tks for sharing, well done! 

Mid Morning

nattaruk said:

Excellent shot, love the leaf shadows, well done!

-- Walt Sterdan 

Sven Dullah said:

Mid Morning

Good shot in general, but I love the water! Excellent!

-- Walt Sterdan 

wsterdan said:

Sven Dullah said:

Mid Morning

Good shot in general, but I love the water! Excellent!

-- Walt Sterdan 

Tks, turned out quite nice:)