Comments

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Here it is, fixed it :) now i think it looks better

In_the_end.jpg
    800 x 800 - 440K
    edited December 1969

I did a final render and i like how it looks. I probably could work more on it but will leave it for another time. I think i made a good progress.

• Atticus BonesAtticus Bones Posts: 364
    edited December 1969

The DOF really completes the image, gulan7. You should be really pleased with the finished piece. Good job!

edited December 1969

Thank You. I am glad i could do it. i still have lot to learn but i have feeling that i am getting into this :)

• Security16Security16 Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

I changed a few things but alas I still don't think I have it right I might try a normal render

Black_betty8.png
    618 x 800 - 1M
  • Atticus BonesAtticus Bones Posts: 364
    edited November 2014

I changed a few things but alas I still don't think I have it right I might try a normal render
    A little overexposed on model now, particularity the face. Hopefully some with experience with Reality will drop by. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Post edited by Atticus Bones on
  • kreartenitkreartenit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I worked for a few hours on the image. Moved the building to the left so the lantern wasn't in the center of the window. Removed flames and took care of poke through on robe. Thinned up Lilith and adjusted look to dress at stomach. And I toned down the lighting.

Black_Dog_Test_8.jpg
    800 x 800 - 294K
    Black_Dog_1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 351K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

I worked for a few hours on the image. Moved the building to the left so the lantern wasn't in the center of the window. Removed flames and took care of poke through on robe. Thinned up Lilith and adjusted look to dress at stomach. And I toned down the lighting.

I personally prefer the brighter version as far as lighting goes. The dog especially tends to get lost in the 2nd version and I have learned from experience that not everyone's monitors are the same. This may be quite dark for some people.

Some of the details are also getting lost in the 2nd version.

edited December 1969

Latest version. I worked on softening the shadows as per Scott's suggestion and change the background as per Gulan's suggestion.

Witchy_Woman_34.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 344K
  • kreartenitkreartenit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I personally prefer the brighter version as far as lighting goes. The dog especially tends to get lost in the 2nd version and I have learned from experience that not everyone's monitors are the same. This may be quite dark for some people.
    Some of the details are also getting lost in the 2nd version.

Here is 2nd version with the original lighting setup. Let me know what you think. I agree the details do suffer when you reduce the lighting. It is pretty hard to get it just right when I have lighted lantern in the scene. Trying to produce that feel of night and not over doing the lighting is a challenge. So I added a yellow hue to the building window to give the feel of light coming from the inside.

Black_Dog_10.jpg
    800 x 800 - 350K
  • Security16Security16 Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

It's still rendering some more in luxrender but I think I've it :D BAM BAH LAM :D

Black_betty11.png
    618 x 800 - 939K
  • KittiKitti Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

@Dollygirl Sorry for the late reply but I definitely wanted to say thank you for your help! Both the D-Former & Transmap suggestions were great big a-ha moments for me and I know I'll definitely be using them extensively going forward!!

• KittiKitti Posts: 77
    edited November 2014

Latest update - I pulled a bonehead move by not paying attention while saving & accidentally wrote over the .psd I was working with so I had to recreate all the club lights... I don't feel they're as good as the first time I did it but what can you do right? Oh well :)

Any feedback or criticism is greatly appreciated - thanks so much!!

kittisiubhan.png
    852 x 1202 - 1M
    Post edited by Kitti on
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

So I was finally able to get around and make some changes, tilted the camera a little to give movement to the image and added the rubble to the foreground.

For_Whom_the_Bell_Tolls.png
    900 x 900 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Very good, i like it a lot. Now it makes a lot more sense. :)

edited December 1969

@Kismet Looks good, but actualy i didn't meant to change background. It was really cool, I probably should explain more :). That desert reminded me of adventure named Touch of Death. It is Ravenloft adventure set in Egyptian style fantasy horror land. Well here it is, you can download it and there are pics, maps and story there http://adnddownloads.com/ravenloft.php and here is preview http://www.tsrinfo.net/archive/rv/rv-ra3.htm

In short it is adventure in small egyptian style village where adventurers need to find the way trough desert to pharaons Anhktepot's tomb and fight evil there like mummies ect to free village and surrounding area of evil :) Actualy now looking at this module and others on the page it seems like a rare find, because it is for older edition that i like best. And others too seems like a good ones.

Anyway :) it looks very nice and i like it a lot.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,650
    edited December 1969

@Dollygirl Sorry for the late reply but I definitely wanted to say thank you for your help! Both the D-Former & Transmap suggestions were great big a-ha moments for me and I know I'll definitely be using them extensively going forward!!

Your welcome kittisiubhan glad to be of some help.

edited December 1969

Latest version. I changed the background back to the original. Still working on the lighting. I am going to have to call it done soon though.

@Gulan: Misunderstandings happen on forums. Testing a different background is not necessarily a bad thing. I have a tendency to get overly attached to an element and might not try something different. Sometimes the changes work. Sometimes they don't. But until you make a change you will not know if it is a good one or not. That is how "happy accidents" usually occur.

Witchy_Woman_41.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 364K
    edited December 1969

I like it :) i am not sure if it is possible to have depth of field with backdrop. Maybe some red light on hands would make that magic more visible. Btw how do you do that magic :) it looks very interesting. And for the eyes, i like how they look it somehow goes nice with moon.

edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    I like it :) i am not sure if it is possible to have depth of field with backdrop. Maybe some red light on hands would make that magic more visible. Btw how do you do that magic :) it looks very interesting. And for the eyes, i like how they look it somehow goes nice with moon.

The sparks are from RawArt's Raw Energy Effects: http://www.daz3d.com/raw-energy-effects

I applied UberArea Lights to them to try and get them to glow. Same with the eyes.

The sparks are available in different colours but the red showed up the best.

I am pretty sure DOF does not work on a background image.

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it very much.

edited December 1969

You are welcome :) those effects look nice.