Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,639

mwokee said:

mwokee said:

barbult said:

mwokee said:

Can someone post the links to install the plug in again? It's buried in here, I'm using a new computer.

It is a browser extension. You install it from within your internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.)

I've installed it before, there were links on where to obtain the plug in. Am I forgetting something, it's been a while? The first post in this thread has a link that takes you to another discussion.

Yeah, it's a link... I found the link to the old version which no longer works. Anyone have the link to the latest version?

You could go to your browser's appstore and download it from there. For example for Chrome you can download it it from the Google App store:  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/daz-deals/nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc?hl=en

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,209

Hi Gang... sorry if this was answered earlier ... I don't have the eyes to check all 53 pages!

I don't want to pay $5.00 per month for PRO... is there a yearly price?

edited January 2023

Llola Lane said:

Hi Gang... sorry if this was answered earlier ... I don't have the eyes to check all 53 pages!

Yes, or at least there was when I signed up. I believe the yearly price is $50 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Charlie Judge said:

Llola Lane said:

hum... I don't see that option... only the $5.00 per month.  Seems like a lot of money... more than I paid for Daz+  :(  

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,807

It is browser specific.  Search in the plugins menu of your browser...

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

Llola Lane said:

Charlie Judge said:

Llola Lane said:

hum... I don't see that option... only the $5.00 per month.  Seems like a lot of money... more than I paid for Daz+  :(  

I didn't see it either until I clicked on the $5, then it gave me the option. It's worth it to me because I'm not scrolling through pages and pages to see if my wishlist items are there, and for the sales this weekend I got an email every three hours telling me which of my wishlist items were on sale.

edited January 2023

xyer0 said:

Llola Lane said:

Charlie Judge said:

Llola Lane said:

I didn't see it either until I clicked on the $5, then it gave me the option. It's worth it to me because I'm not scrolling through pages and pages to see if my wishlist items are there, and for the sales this weekend I got an email every three hours telling me which of my wishlist items were on sale.

Thanks xyer0... I'll try that... You mentioned one feature I turned OFF on Daz Deals... I don't want emails every 3 hours... lol.  I shall have to think on the PRO version... Just seems like a shame that it costs so much for so little.  (my opinion)... I've really been turned off lately on the raise in Daz prices... so I'm chillin' my spending a bit.  ;)

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,693
    edited February 2023

Question probably asked and answered before but it's a long thread: I've just signed up for the pro features, got the confirmation e-mail ... but not seeing the pro features (e.g. filter by wishlist, which is the main thing I want to add from the base version). I've tried logging out, clearing cache, exiting and restarting browser. Is there a delay from signing up to it starting? Or what do I need to do to get it to show up? Using Firefox variant (Waterfox) up to date.

The plugin page still says "unlock pro features" on a purple button.

Edit: Also tried a different browser on a different machine. plugin page still offers me membership and the filters don't show up (tried reloading the page a couple of times). There doesn't seem to be a way to 'log in' to the plugin so I dunno...

Edit 2: Got it working - had to sign up to the notifications e-mail (even though the deals plugin page only mentions that for the notifications feature and not the 'wishlist filter', which is in a different section.  All good now :)

Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • Yeah. We need to make that clearer and move that notifications form into the mail options page. Sorry it's still a little rough on spots. Glad you figured it out!
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited February 2023

Overdrawn said:

Yeah. We need to make that clearer and move that notifications form into the mail options page. Sorry it's still a little rough on spots. Glad you figured it out!

Hi there. I have not been able to use Daz Deals to find % off or use a few of Daz Deal typical functions properly in Chrome for some time, and was awaiting Ati's recovery for things to work better. I just read an earlier post that maybe it's an 'I need to sign up for emails' glitch. I tried to enter my email to get passcode but I received (in spam box, from civilizationhunt) an email that says I don't exist. Yet, I do in the inbox receive emails from buymeacoffee, reading, we received your payment and extended your subscription. The most recent one being on Feb 17th. How do I get this thing to work right? Clearly, on my part, I must be doing something wrong.

Edit: Added a screenshot to show there is no option checkbox for only show wishlist, or only show owned etc.

Daz Deals.JPG
    1830 x 845 - 202K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • ArtAngel said:

Overdrawn said:

Yeah. We need to make that clearer and move that notifications form into the mail options page. Sorry it's still a little rough on spots. Glad you figured it out!

Hi there. I have not been able to use Daz Deals to find % off or use a few of Daz Deal typical functions properly in Chrome for some time, and was awaiting Ati's recovery for things to work better. I just read an earlier post that maybe it's an 'I need to sign up for emails' glitch. I tried to enter my email to get passcode but I received (in spam box, from civilizationhunt) an email that says I don't exist. Yet, I do in the inbox receive emails from buymeacoffee, reading, we received your payment and extended your subscription. The most recent one being on Feb 17th. How do I get this thing to work right? Clearly, on my part, I must be doing something wrong.

Edit: Added a screenshot to show there is no option checkbox for only show wishlist, or only show owned etc.

Essentially, we have to separate systems that need to be more clearly presented and tied together. The older email notifications system predates the subscription service by...6 years? The newer buymeacoffee subscription service was added last year to address Daz removing our affiliate status, but our shared desire to keep the extension moving forward.

What I'm hoping to release soon is some UI updates that clarify and explain that better. I'm also hoping sometime in the future that we'll start sending emails from dazdeals.com instead of @Ati's civilationhunt.com--which would clarify some things.

Sorry we don't have this all cleaned up and clarified yet. Hopefully soon!

For some reason 'sort by %' doesn't seem to be working in my wishlist today. Anybody else having this problem?

I am using DAZ Deals Pro in Chrome on Windows 10

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,210

Charlie Judge said:

For some reason 'sort by %' doesn't seem to be working in my wishlist today. Anybody else having this problem?

Yes, I don't even see that option in the wishlist. DAZ Deals Pro in Chome on Windows 11.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

butterflyfish said:

Charlie Judge said:

Yes, I don't even see that option in the wishlist. DAZ Deals Pro in Chome on Windows 11.

Me either. DAZ Deals Pro Chrome on Mac. It's been missing at least a week, probably more. 

• iamariefiamarief Posts: 4

thanks for making this plugins :)

• Llola Lane said:

Charlie Judge said:

Llola Lane said:

I think the price is a cheek. I would rather spend the $60 a year on content. For such a simple service, I would spend $10 a year at most. I have asked DAZ support to include similar features. They replied that they are considering it. I'm curious :) Maybe it will help if several people ask for it :)

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370

thorsten_370e9b1e2e said:

Llola Lane said:

Charlie Judge said:

Llola Lane said:

I think the price is a cheek. I would rather spend the $60 a year on content. For such a simple service, I would spend $10 a year at most. I have asked DAZ support to include similar features. They replied that they are considering it. I'm curious :) Maybe it will help if several people ask for it :)

I paid the annual fee happily. I spend enough at DAZ that the alerts for items I want being on sale saves me money, helps me aquire the digital assets I care about WHILE THEY ARE ON SALE, and aside from merely saving me money, lets me make more informed decisions.  I will gladly be re-subscribing when this one runs out and am also pleased to support people who provide such a valuable service app!

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 173

Love the add-on but don't understand why seemingly I'm the only Chrome user having issues getting the features to work 100% of the time.

Many moons ago, things worked swimmingly,  But for the past (3?) months or so, I can only get the various features (wishlist, product page gallery/forum notifications and product library enhancements) to work if I keep toggling the "Allow in incognito" slider on/off on the Daz Deals extension page.  And this hack will only work for ONE page.  Change to a new page and I have to toggle again.   Where might I look to get to seamlessly work 100% of the time???     Specs:  Win10,  - Daz Deals Extension vsn 4.01 - Chrome: Version 111.0.5563.65 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I can't thank you guys enough for this product.  Brilliant and a tool that IMHO is a MUST for shopping here.  I appreciate all the blood, sweat and tears that has gone into it...    - Ray

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited March 2023

HeavyRay said:

Love the add-on but don't understand why seemingly I'm the only Chrome user having issues getting the features to work 100% of the time.

Exactly.

JRay

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

ArtAngel said:

HeavyRay said:

Exactly.

Hasn't really worked on Chrome for months (non-subscriber)

Works for the most part in Opera based browser 

• Hi! I stopped receving "DAZ Wishlist items on sale" on March 13. Still receiving "Top21 most discounted DAZ items" and "Best DAZ Prices". Any ideas?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

doorknob22 said:

Hi! I stopped receving "DAZ Wishlist items on sale" on March 13. Still receiving "Top21 most discounted DAZ items" and "Best DAZ Prices". Any ideas?

Hmmm, now that you mention it, my last wishlist email from @Ati was March 15.  I still get the other emails, too. I'm a paid Pro member.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

Thank you for noticing. You should now start receiving them again.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

Ati said:

Thanks!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390

doorknob22 said:

Hi! I stopped receving "DAZ Wishlist items on sale" on March 13. Still receiving "Top21 most discounted DAZ items" and "Best DAZ Prices". Any ideas?

Same here 

Ati said:

@Ati   - any comments/ideas about my post (6 posts before your reply) regarding the need to toggle 'Incognito Mode' back and forth to get the addon to work in Chrome? 
    Tks,
    Ray 

HeavyRay said:

Ati said:

@Ati   - any comments/ideas about my post (6 posts before your reply) regarding the need to toggle 'Incognito Mode' back and forth to get the addon to work in Chrome? 
    Tks,
    Ray 

Are you using the latest version if the addon? We used to have this issue quite a while ago, but as far as I know, that has since been resolved.

@Ati   I am attaching some snapshots to perhaps give you some 'clues' into my situation.  AFAIK I am using the latest versions of both Chrome and the addon and my PRO subscription is still valid.  The addon features will work if I toggle "Allow incognito mode' for one (Daz) page; change the page and I have to retoggle.  Another thing that seems kinda screwy is that at the top of the options page, I get a weird "you are subscribed until..." message (though at times I get a message suggesting I subscribe to the PRO features.)    

At the risk of sounding like a broken record,, I want to say THANK YOU for such a great product/service.  I'm spoiled by it; it makes shopping SO much easier....     - Ray

Daz Deals Settings.png
    734 x 1175 - 69K
    Daz Deals Options - weird sub status.png
    1464 x 2897 - 191K
    example product page showing Daz Deals festures.png
    1183 x 420 - 402K
    chrome version.png
    674 x 140 - 11K

That does look like it's the latest version. I'll ping @Overdrawn on this, maybe he can help reproduce the issue.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580

@HeavyRain (and @ArtAngel) it looks like there are scenarios where the subscription status isn't staying cached proper (nor displaying properly either...). Sometimes a reload fixes it, but certainly toggling Incognito Mode does (which triggers the installation event which in turn triggers the "check subscription status" event).

Consequently, I'm working on debugging why the subscription data/code gets confused for some users. Hopefully, I can get a new release shipped this week (now that I've got some vacation time! Huzzah!).

More soon!
    Overdrawn