Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937

....the Sort By drop down menu  no longer shows on  the wishlist page at all.   It appears momentarily as just before the page loads, but once that is done, it's gone.

Using the latest version of Chrome.

• @Kyoto_Kid; The same thing happened to me but I fixed it by changing Page Zoom; Daz3d is changing their code around and things don't always work, like the word wrap that's supposed to work here. Try changing your zoom if you can, to see if you get it back.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Im using Firefox and it takes a minute or so for the Show Wishlist option to show and also the Price History and forum/gallery links. My subscription status does not show a date.

dazdeals.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 563K
  • Firefox user here; Subscribed Until is blank, but none of the other problems listed here. I've got Daz Deals v4.02, Firefox 107.0.1 (64-bit) (Just about to update).

• Sorry to butt in... I'm confused. I'm trying to figure out if you have an actual tier system with the Daz Deals Addon. Pro vs mediocre, or something like that.

I have it in Firefox on my never-online machine. I don't have it, or any other add-ons except NoScript, here on this more secure machine where I order items.

If there is a tier system with the add-on, I would be able to pay a small fee for fewer uses, since that machine doesn't access my account. As it is, I can only afford being a Daz+ member, because of the great discounts, and I only renew that when it's on maximum sale.

Sorry about this, I'm retired on extremely low income, so I'm going to increasingly be a cheapskate from now on. The sales this year, btw, have been killing me because I apparently have no will-power:-/
    Thanks for the very good add-on! I wish I could help more than I can. Cheers!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937

Trelligan said:

@Kyoto_Kid; The same thing happened to me but I fixed it by changing Page Zoom; Daz3d is changing their code around and things don't always work, like the word wrap that's supposed to work here. Try changing your zoom if you can, to see if you get it back.

...but that expands the viewing size of all Daz site pages including the Forums.  Guess I'll just have to wait for their fix.

• I don't know if this is a right place for this, but my subscription for Pro was renewed on Dec. 13, but the Daz Deals extension doesn't recognize my renewal, and therefore I haven't gotten any notifications for past week.

• I'm using chrome and I'm not receiving the flash sale emails... am I doing something wrong?

• Same here. Nothing since December 5th. Wrote to Overdrawn four days ago, nothing.

• Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed respose. Ati is back from hospital, but still on the mend. I was away at a family funeral just prior to the holidays and have been with family (and away from Daz) for the last week or so. Consequently, my reply time to support requests has been terrible...for which I am very sorry.

With Ati's return we were able to debug and fix the server and subscription synchronization, so everyone should be seeing their correct subscription dates and the extension should be working again as expected.

However, I'm aware from several of the posts here that the Daz site is still shifting sand and there may be more issues that have cropped up while I was away. Please continue to report them and we'll work to get them repaired as quickly as possible.

Sorry again for the radio silence!
    Overdrawn

• For those of you who are missing the filters and "% off" sort option on the Wishlist page be sure you are a) a Pro subscriber and b) have used the same email address to setup Email Notifications in the Options section (get there by clicking the Daz logo in your browser's toolbar then clicking the "Email Notifications" tab).

If you used a different email address at BuyMeACoffee (BMAC) than you previously used when signing up for email notifications, please direct message me here and I'll get an alias setup for you.

Also, be sure to reload the page at least once or twice before giving up. Depending on your wishlist size (and stuff Daz is changing about that page) the filters may not show the first time.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

Wonderful to hear that Ati is out of the hospital and recovering.

• Glad to hear Ati is on the mend, and I'm sorry for your loss Overdrawn.

I do have one question though, are the "Sort by Wishlist" filter in the main store, and the Forum/Gallery links on the store pages pro features now? Because they haven't been working for me for quite awhile. Unless I disable the extension, then the Forum/Gallery links will show briefly on the store page, but disappear as soon as I navigate away.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

zombietaggerung said:

Glad to hear Ati is on the mend, and I'm sorry for your loss Overdrawn.

I do have one question though, are the "Sort by Wishlist" filter in the main store, and the Forum/Gallery links on the store pages pro features now? Because they haven't been working for me for quite awhile. Unless I disable the extension, then the Forum/Gallery links will show briefly on the store page, but disappear as soon as I navigate away.

According to the Daz-Deals Options page:

moz-extension://c4802315-6743-4aba-9bbf-87fb26263f23/options/options.html 

Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter  is a Pro feature

Show gallery images and forum links for products

should still be non Pro, but I am not getting them either

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595

Does Daz-Deals only work for the Pro version now?  I'm not a Pro version subscriber and Daz-Deals stopped working for me in late November/ear.y December. 

• felisfelis Posts: 4,197

Some features are pro only, but other are general.

But I think that Daz Deals is affected by how the store is coded, and it seems to change.

For a longer time I have not been able to use Daz Deals in Chrome, but only in Firefox (and with a delay).

So maybe try another browser.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595
    edited December 2022

felis said:

Some features are pro only, but other are general.

But I think that Daz Deals is affected by how the store is coded, and it seems to change.

For a longer time I have not been able to use Daz Deals in Chrome, but only in Firefox (and with a delay).

So maybe try another browser.

I normally use Edge but I had also tried DAZ3D in Chrome and Firefox without any success for Daz-Deals showing up.  :(

Post edited by jjoyner on
  • Kerya said:

zombietaggerung said:

Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter  is a Pro feature

All right thanks for the info. That's a shame.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

zombietaggerung said:

Kerya said:

zombietaggerung said:

It wasn't done maliciously. Daz terminated their affiliate status, so they needed another form of income to pay for the services that cost them the most money to provide.  We who benefit from it can't expect them to pay for this service out of their own pocket. I get a lot of value for the annual fee I paid.

• barbult said:

zombietaggerung said:

Kerya said:

zombietaggerung said:

It wasn't done maliciously. Daz terminated their affiliate status, so they needed another form of income to pay for the services that cost them the most money to provide.  We who benefit from it can't expect them to pay for this service out of their own pocket. I get a lot of value for the annual fee I paid.

I understand and appreicate that. However, I also have bills to pay and I don't spend enough money here to maintain a membership. I'm not even Daz+ anymore. Times are tight for everyone and hobbies are the first thing to be cut out. It is what it is.

• Is anyone else having issues with adding labels and comments on items?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

LaPartita said:

Is anyone else having issues with adding labels and comments on items?

This may be a Pro feature:

The following features require a Daz-Deals account. Set one up in the Email Notifications section.

Allow comments/labels on all products

I never used the Email Notifications, so I am not sure.

• Kerya said:

LaPartita said:

This may be a Pro feature:

The following features require a Daz-Deals account. Set one up in the Email Notifications section.

Allow comments/labels on all products

I never used the Email Notifications, so I am not sure.

That one's not a Pro feature (as it's all local to your browser--no server-side features for that one yet). @LaPartita what browser are you using?

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

LaPartita said:

I noticed I have to add them in individual product page, adding them on Wishlist does nothing.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,290

tomhipshopping said:

LaPartita said:

I noticed I have to add them in individual product page, adding them on Wishlist does nothing.

It's because "save comment" and "add to cart" buttons overlap. You can still add them to the wishlist, but you have to move your cursor close to the top edge of "save comment" until it changes from an arrow to a hand and then press it. It's a bit of a pain with precision aiming, but it's doable.

• CerragCerrag Posts: 251
    edited January 2023

Hello, I was wondering if I subscribe to the extension, will it allow me to sort by only 'all owned items' from Daz's main page, using my iPhone?  Ultimately I'd like to be able to see only my owned items while using my iPhones Firefox or Chrome browser.  Sorry I'm unable to upload an image to the forum.  Thanks in advance 

Post edited by Cerrag on
  • ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526
    edited January 2023

Cerrag said:

Hello, I was wondering if I subscribe to the extension, will it allow me to sort by only 'all owned items' from Daz's main page, using my iPhone?  Ultimately I'd like to be able to see only my owned items while using my iPhones Firefox or Chrome browser.  Sorry I'm unable to upload an image to the forum.  Thanks in advance 

I don't think you can use any add-ons on mobile devices. I know I can't on my ipad. :(

Edit: Can you use/install the add-on with non pro features? If you can, pro features should work.

Post edited by Shimrian on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 328
    edited January 2023

joanna said:

tomhipshopping said:

LaPartita said:

It's because "save comment" and "add to cart" buttons overlap. You can still add them to the wishlist, but you have to move your cursor close to the top edge of "save comment" until it changes from an arrow to a hand and then press it. It's a bit of a pain with precision aiming, but it's doable.

I dont think that is the issue. When I press the button the text in the box under the product does change. So the page script recognizes the button action at least partially.

When I refresh the page though, the comment is back to its previous state. Looks to me as if the page script is failing to send update data to the data store or it is getting rejected somehow.

Well disregard this, i looked more carefully now and could see button changign color slightly when i moved mouse to different place and when it is highlighted it worked.

Post edited by Tomhip on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 755

I signed up for daz-deals but then cancelled it before the first month because I wasn't getting email notifications for flash sales even though I had email notification checked. I receive the usual daz email each day and nothing more. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,161

zombietaggerung said:

barbult said:

zombietaggerung said:

Kerya said:

zombietaggerung said:

I understand and appreicate that. However, I also have bills to pay and I don't spend enough money here to maintain a membership. I'm not even Daz+ anymore. Times are tight for everyone and hobbies are the first thing to be cut out. It is what it is.

I agree with both sides. Sucks that affiliate status got revoked. Compensation is warranted. Sucks that some of us are in a position where paying the fee makes no sense or is not possible. I will say, any long-time user of Daz and Daz products may have a ton of stuff not yet rendered. Perhaps now is a good time to fix that? Pausing procurement does not mean giving up the hobby. It may, in fact, mean more meaningful participation. At least, that's where I'm at with all of it.