Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• since I need to save money I am hardly going to pay for something that makes me spend money cheeky

only posting the odd browser quirks I am seeing between Windows versions as it could be helpful to the devs

DAZ IMO are foolish for not patronising them in some way as it certainly brought them sales

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

On Chrome - updated to v4 but not even a DazDeals menu in the Daz menu dropdown. Features not working at all.

On Edge it works - but no emails since my last payment on 6 Dec.

When this does start working again - please extend the subs to cover the lost time!

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 173

Chrome/4.x is kinda working for me.  Comments entered on the wishlist page  (used for tags) don't seem to be stored (even though I click 'save' each time.)  Yet if I enter the same comment text on the product page, all iis well.   Works for me....

Overdrawn - thanks for picking up the added workload with Ati being under the weather.  
    Ati - Hope your recovery back to health is going well and you're back to yourself soonest.

And to both of you - thanks for one of the BEST utilities a Daz-aholic could  ever wish for!!!!!

• HeavyRay said: ...

Overdrawn - thanks for picking up the added workload with Ati being under the weather.  
    Ati - Hope your recovery back to health is going well and you're back to yourself soonest.

And to both of you - thanks for one of the BEST utilities a Daz-aholic could  ever wish for!!!!!

100% agree to this, Thank you so much for your hard work♥️. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,033

Just saw all the activity, and @Ati, I hope you are doing better and will be back on your feet soon.

On my part, with Google Chrome, on the iMac, I have not noticed an issue at all. Emails have been coming, wishlist seems to sort fine, chart on promo page works great.

The one thing I have issue with is not Overdrawn or Ati's problem, slow loading of promo pages. I just deal.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 2022

I Hope ATI gets back on his feet soon! Such a shame that DAZ changed their policies so they had to start charging for the plugin.

Have the price history and see only owned been moved to the "Pro" version? I'm not seeing them any more, but on the configuration page it doesn't show them as pro features?? Just wondering, as those are two things I use a lot.

Sorry if someone already mentioned this, I did read the recent posts, but it wasn't clear to me if these two are now Pro version only features (yep, sometimes I can be a bit dense).

Post edited by DustRider on
  • ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

Nothing is working for me on Chrome, including the features that are not marked as Pro  features. I don't have any notifications enabled or checked since I don't like notifications of any kind, but someone earlier posted that turning these on might fix it. Can anyone confirm that? Do features like "Show gallery images and forum links for products" now require a Pro subscription? 

• Shimrian said:

Nothing is working for me on Chrome, including the features that are not marked as Pro  features. I don't have any notifications enabled or checked since I don't like notifications of any kind, but someone earlier posted that turning these on might fix it. Can anyone confirm that? Do features like "Show gallery images and forum links for products" now require a Pro subscription? 

I don't have the pro subscription and I use Microsoft Edge but give this a try as the wishlist stuff was gone for me today but someone on the previous page mentioned about signing up for emails on the plug-in page. I had signed up for those like two years ago but then it all stopped cause of the pro thing, but I put in my email and such and the wishlist items are showing back up, and I just clicked on Josie 9 Mega Bundle as it was the first thing on the main page in front of me, and show gallery images was back there. So give that a try and see if it works for you. 

• As of the new 4 version, owned, wishlist and %sort are now pro. I was hoping we could  get a Premium for say $10/year for those 3 functions.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Info to @Ati the link to this thread in the Addonpage is broken, because it have a "i" at the beginning.

• Kerya said:

Hoping for Ati's speedy recovery too.

As for the Plugin:

A warning for those using the "Hide Optional License Addons" feature - it is hiding the new "Editorial license" too.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7904101/#Comment_7904101

Yeah...it's currently the entire "Optional License" section. We could change that, but the point of that feature is to get you more screen space. However, it seems more optional add-ons are getting added there...so definitely open to reconsidering how that works. Open to ideas/suggestions. :)

• Hi all,

We are continuing to experience issues (as many of you have noted) with the Buy Me a Coffe (BMAC) subscriptions synchronizing with our server (which @Ati typically manages). For the time being, I'm manually updating any renewals or new subscriptions to hopefully get around the robots tanking on us... That should get emails back up and running for folks like @JamieM @doorknob22 and @tombraider4ever (thank you for your subscriptions and sorry for the downtime!)

There does also seem to be some sort of weird bugs in some browsers related to our shifting some things to Pro features. We're essentially targetting anything server-heavy to become Pro features--because that's where the costs are for us (ignoring development and bug fixing...).

However, there do seem to be new bugs cropping up likely because the mix of server issues coupled with how the new release depends on that status. We'll be doing work to check that subscription status less often (and store it longer), so there should be less disruption from server issues or BMAC's API not keeping up...

Sorry again for the downtime/issues, and thank you for your continued patience!

• @Overdrawn: Thamks for all your efforts. Are there any updates on ATI that you can share? I hope he is doing well and recovering.

FYI - I bought a coffee for $5 on the extension page using my GPay account, but the extension still doesn't work. I'm not sure if you need buy a whole year subscription, but buying coffee does not help to make it work. I guess I will consider the $5 donation for past usage since I really did love using this extension and I do want to support server costs, but I'm not sure $60 is worth it when that is more than I pay for Daz+ for a year. I wish there was an option to see the links to the gallery images and other less database intensive features for cheaper (e.g. $1/month for some cheaper features). I think this is a feature request that JazzyBear made, but at $12/year instead of $10. :)

Anyway, as I catch up with other posts, I hope @Ati feels better soon and if @Overdrawn sees a coffee from "Somebody", that's me. I'm pretty sure it's still linked to my Google account (for Chrome), but not sure since I'm not keen on sharing my email address with 3rd party vendors. Sorry, I don't really know how chrome extensions work! :D

• @Ati is doing better! Still in hospital, but hopefully home soon (doctors permitting :) ). A year membership is only $50 (not $60) per year. Memberships (even month to month) work better than "support"/"coffee" payments because memberships are what we monitor in the extension. Thank you all for your support, we'll keep working at making this better.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866
    Yay! ATI is getting better!
  • Glad to hear Ati is on the mend! I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. No matter what we will get through all of this.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 2022

Overdrawn said:

Kerya said:

Hoping for Ati's speedy recovery too.

As for the Plugin:

A warning for those using the "Hide Optional License Addons" feature - it is hiding the new "Editorial license" too.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7904101/#Comment_7904101

Yeah...it's currently the entire "Optional License" section. We could change that, but the point of that feature is to get you more screen space. However, it seems more optional add-ons are getting added there...so definitely open to reconsidering how that works. Open to ideas/suggestions. :)

Suggestion: wait a bit - because there is enough outrcry that Daz may do something about that, which would break every fix again.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/578896/eula-update-editorial-licenses-coming-to-daz#latest

Happy to hear Ati is getting better!

Post edited by Kerya on
  • Overdrawn said:

Hi all,

We are continuing to experience issues (as many of you have noted) with the Buy Me a Coffe (BMAC) subscriptions synchronizing with our server (which @Ati typically manages). For the time being, I'm manually updating any renewals or new subscriptions to hopefully get around the robots tanking on us... That should get emails back up and running for folks like @JamieM @doorknob22 and @tombraider4ever (thank you for your subscriptions and sorry for the downtime!)

There does also seem to be some sort of weird bugs in some browsers related to our shifting some things to Pro features. We're essentially targetting anything server-heavy to become Pro features--because that's where the costs are for us (ignoring development and bug fixing...).

However, there do seem to be new bugs cropping up likely because the mix of server issues coupled with how the new release depends on that status. We'll be doing work to check that subscription status less often (and store it longer), so there should be less disruption from server issues or BMAC's API not keeping up...

Sorry again for the downtime/issues, and thank you for your continued patience!

Thank you so much for updating us on this heartsmiley . Today on chrome I'm listed as a member if click a private window and wait a long while but sort by whislist and such thing doesn't work no matter how long I wait. I tried on firefox and if I open a private window and close it then I get after a while "subscribed until" and the whislist sort by turns up, and the picks for the product gallery, other stuff like the price history and possible gallery links ect on product take a very long time to turn up on firefox, if at all. I mean this as help to pinpoint the problem not to rush you, you are alone w this at the moment so we understand that you do the best you can, I'm sure we all do heartsmiley.  I'm so happy to hear that @Ati is feeling better, my best wishes to him for a quick recovery heart, I hope he will feel better very soon. 

• RasberriRasberri Posts: 298
    edited December 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

since I need to save money I am hardly going to pay for something that makes me spend money cheeky

only posting the odd browser quirks I am seeing between Windows versions as it could be helpful to the devs

DAZ IMO are foolish for not patronising them in some way as it certainly brought them sales

I couldn't agree with this more.  Brave and Firefox are my go-to browsers.  However, features that were working before--are not working now on any browser--(Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Brave, Vivaldi)--I have tried---This includes: the Product Library & the Gallery features showing how products have been used (I think that feature is/WAS a big win) .  The product library - which was displaying all items visually per page.. is gone.  I'm not a programer or anything.. that said.. I can't quite understand either why DAZ doesn't just have these features built into their own website....It enhances sales.  Also, many browsers filter out add-ons and cross-site tracking so I would think using an extension for these personalized website features naturally would be problematic.

Prayers for Ati's recovery!

Post edited by Rasberri on
  • Overdrawn said:

@Ati is doing better! Still in hospital, but hopefully home soon (doctors permitting :) ). 

@Overdrawn Thanks for the update on Ati our prayers are with them! 

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

Overdrawn said:

@Ati is doing better! Still in hospital, but hopefully home soon (doctors permitting :) ). A year membership is only $50 (not $60) per year. Memberships (even month to month) work better than "support"/"coffee" payments because memberships are what we monitor in the extension. Thank you all for your support, we'll keep working at making this better.

Glad to hear the good news. I joined Daz Deals far too late in my shopping career. I forgot my old membership email, so signed up new under the monthly, because every month shopping here has been planned to be my last. The check out was amazingly a professional, user friendly and smooth experience. Probably one of the best I have seen. I really appreciate the work you guys have done here. Even with the glitches the tool is still worth it. According to your tool, I have spent $47,029.45, yet I own over $260,700.17 in product. I can't tolerate shopping without this tool. For me its mostly a time saver. The % off is a great feature when trying to reach a quantifier for a sale . . . those buy 3 to get them for less . . . and you only want 2, but need a cheap 3rd to qualify. The you own them all is a fantastic feature. I keep my purchases on a spreadsheet based on the invoice, so finding duplicate purchases before and not after the fact, especially for Bundles being offered when I own the Mega Bundle, and going through the refund/credit me process is a Godsend. Merry Christmas and I hope you guys get the support you truly deserve.

• Just to add: the price tracker and the gallery/forum links aren't working for me.  (They were working yesterday, and then disappeared when I refreshed the page).

• Hey folks,

I was able to find and fix the subscription status bug that's caused some of you (hi there, @tombraider4ever!) issues with the subscription status coming and going.

The forum and gallery links and price history stuff disappearing remains a mystery, however. None of that code changed in the last several releases, so my current theory is that some of you are getting altered product page designs because (in theory) Daz is testing a new design (again). If any of you experiencing this issue can send me a screenshot, that would help me debug.

Thanks for your continued patience as we work to keep up with the changing site, etc.

You should see a v4.0.1 or v4.0.2 release showing up in your browsers soon!

Cheers!
    heart

edited December 2022

Overdrawn said:

Hey folks,

I was able to find and fix the subscription status bug that's caused some of you (hi there, @tombraider4ever!) issues with the subscription status coming and going.

The forum and gallery links and price history stuff disappearing remains a mystery, however. None of that code changed in the last several releases, so my current theory is that some of you are getting altered product page designs because (in theory) Daz is testing a new design (again). If any of you experiencing this issue can send me a screenshot, that would help me debug.

Thanks for your continued patience as we work to keep up with the changing site, etc.

Cheers!
    heart

Thanks, for the forum and gallery links and price history stuff, I didn't know how to attach files for direct messages so I'm including them here.

1. product_preview_no_links.png -> (I have the console open in case that helps. I see the link previews in the array, but don't really see any errors listed. You can ignore the dev tools failure (different extension that goes away when I removed extension, but did not fix the issue). 

2. extension_settings.png -> My extension settings (I disabled all pro features), but still don't see gallery image links like I used to.

3. daz-deal-pro.png -> Settings will show Daz-deals in menu sometimes, but not other times. Not sure why it does this.

Please let me know if you want me to check out anything in the error console or paste anything and send to you in a DM. Hopefully I can provide information to help figure out what's wrong. I really miss this feature!

Thanks!

Edit: Updated screenshots to remove personal info. :)

product_preview_no_links.png
    2343 x 1520 - 1M
    daz-deal-pro.png
    702 x 573 - 370K
    extension_settings.png
    1918 x 1976 - 336K
    Post edited by Shimrian on
  • Thanks @Shimrian! I see the date is missing on the "You are subscribed until". Let's see if things get better with that at least once you're on 4.0.1/2.
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716

I don't know if this will help since I'm not a pro subscriber.. Hopefully it will. The screen grabs are from Chrome.

DD Screenshot.jpg
    1917 x 999 - 334K
  • DustRider said:

I don't know if this will help since I'm not a pro subscriber.. Hopefully it will. The screen grabs are from Chrome.

Thank you! It looks like there's a Daz store JavaScript error that's breaking the product page additions...at least for some folks. That `affirm.ui.refresh` thing isn't part of the extension code, but an error like that could certainly be preventing the extension code from running properly. :-/ I'll see if I can get one of my browsers to break that way...otherwise we just have to wait for Daz to fix their code...sadly.
  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595
    edited December 2022

Overdrawn said:

Hey folks,

Cheers!
    heart

Hello.  I came to the same conclusion a few days ago also that the Daz3D web site redesign may be the cause of Daz-Deals (non-pro) not working.  I lost all functionality of Daz-Deals a little more than a week ago. The most missed feature of Daz-Deals is the image gallery in the Product Library.

Post edited by jjoyner on
  • tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 692
    edited December 2022

Overdrawn said:

Hey folks,

Cheers!
    heart

Thank you so much for your work on this, for making it work, for making Daz 3D a usable store  heartheart.  My status as a pro member never shows right away, it never have, and no date, first just the button for get a pro member ship, then I have to wait like several minutes sometimes for the button to show: subscribed until, w no date. Same for everytime I open a store page, like the 2.99 stuff: it takes like 1 to more minutes for the sort by wishlist stuff to get there, and same for the product library page picks, wait a while. I opened a product page and so far like 5 - 10 minutes: no recent price part or gallery/forum picks and mentions. The last few ds it sometimes turns up after a while, sometimes not, never right away. So it seams that the daz deals looses my status as a member all the time, or another bug is making stuff not work also. Let me know if you need a screenshot of something, and what, to see what version of the page I have. Thanks again for your hard work w this, my Daz studio fan artworks of my own Lara character is what I live for, work on 24/7 and the purpose of my life, sounds ridiculous but it's the truth. So being able to use Daz studio and shop here is essential for my wellbeing, as I struggle w bad mental health and my art is the only thing that distracts me thinking about it and makes me stand my life. There is no way to express enough how important Daz deals is to me, I want to spend all the time I have, at 50 it seams limited, to make as much art as I have time for, not look through thousands of daz store sale pages of thousands of stuff for the thing that I want in sales, all the daz deals stuff is stuff I need to spend as little time here as possible and more time to make my art, so Thank you so much for you hard work, I really apreciate it! heartheart

Edit: now the wishlist sort by doesn't show up no matter if I wait, no such options, or the price history thing, and no picks in the product library. But the subscribed until turned up after a minute or so. One firefox: the subcribed until, wishlist sort by, price history, product library picks: all turns up after a while. On edge: I'm subscribed until but no daz deals functions work. I think on all those the functions comes and goes, not sure but I think so, on none of those it works right away. 

Post edited by tombraider4ever on