Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,872

8 minutes after store changeover I got Ati's Best DAZ Prices email and it listed a recent $65.95 bundle for G8.1 for 92% off ($4.99). It has a character, hair, outfit and weapons. The hair alone is on sale in the Daz store for $5.99. Go figure - Daz sales strangeness. I never would have seen that bundle without that email from Ati.

You need to subscribe to continue getting these valuable emails.

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,573

Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

Just tried this again, and now I only get the BigBlueHat again, it pops up a window after I type in dazdeals, what u wrote, and it says the correct thing but above it it says BigBlueHat. I think it might be your username and click and in the transfer window it says ONLY @bigbluehat, not Dazdeals, wtf is this? if I am going to donate I want it to say clearly dazdeals. Please reply if u are both those names, the bigbl.... and dazdeals. Thanks in advance. Seriously confused here.

Sorry for the confusion! If you check the addon stores you'll find that BigBlueHat is the developer publishing the extensions...aka me. :) I'll setup a dedicated PayPal donate page soon to make things more clear.

Can't get out of the qoute winow again, sorry, hope you see this reply anyway, I click enter again again again and nope, still in the window. Annoying bugg.

Thank you so much for the reply, and for setting up a special donate page so it will be more clear that it goes to the right place. When u say blue hat is u I belive you of course heart, it's just paypal is messing w my head w the transferring window sometimes showing only bluehat and sometimes only dazdeals. So I'll wait 4 the donate page, and if it's possible: could you set it up so we can write our email adress, if it doesn't show autmatically I mean, so we know 4 sure u know we have donated so we can get your amazing shopping helper heart. Thank you so much again 4 making it possible 4 me to donate so you can keep giving us this shoppinghelper, I can't go back to shop "normally" after this, scroll endlessly to spot those tiny yellow hearts, I need all the time I have to make my art and manage my fanart pages. So I'll rather make Daz art than spend hours shopping here. 

Totally understand that surprises aren't always fun--especially on the InterWebs...

Here's a dedicated donation link for PayPal preferring folks: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=N75A9F8QGJHTS

Hopefully that allays any concerns about validity. :)

Thanks for your support!

Managed to get out of the qoute box, thanks for the info on that! heart 

Thank you so much for setting up that page, I really appreaciate it! heart Two questions though: 1.  50$ is for a years subscription, right? the paypaly alternative doesn't say subsription, but it counts as one just the same as the other credit card alternative, right? 2. How do you find out that I donated, do you see the email adress it's from somehow? and will it say somewhere on the daz deals page that I, after paying 50$ have a years subscription payed? and the date, so I know when it's time to renew, don't want to be without your excellent shopping helper even 4 a day. Thanks for your patience w my insecurty about payment through paypal and in advance for answering these, hopefully laugh, last questions heart.  Thank you so much for your excellent work on making the Daz shopping experience so much better! heart

Yes. We'll make sure to map what's done in PayPal into the subscription data. Our goal with all of this is to make sure we can all keep using the extension in the future, so you're not alone. :)

My PayPal email address differs from that of my DAZ account. How can I make sure that my PayPal donation is linked to my DAZ email? As already stated, I am not really keen on using the credit card option. 

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580

Hi all,

Earlier this week I pushed Daz-Deals v3.1.1 to the Firefox, Chrome, and Edge stores. This is a fairly small update which simply adds a "subscribe" button or a notice of your current subscription status on the "Options" page (the page you get when you click the extension icon in the browser). Hopefully this helps everyone know that they are subscribed, that their email matches the one on file, etc.

There are a few "bugs" we're still working out with the expiration date. Folks who chose to pay via PayPal will see a far future expiration date (like...2027) due to how we currently have to map things into BuyMeACoffee. Also, if your PayPal account email differs from your Daz account email, you'll need to explain that when you send in the PayPal donation.

We'll continue to iron out the wrinkles as best we can as we go along.

Thank you all for your support and patience as we enter this new chapter together.

Overdrawn said:

Hi all,

Earlier this week I pushed Daz-Deals v3.1.1 to the Firefox, Chrome, and Edge stores. This is a fairly small update which simply adds a "subscribe" button or a notice of your current subscription status on the "Options" page (the page you get when you click the extension icon in the browser). Hopefully this helps everyone know that they are subscribed, that their email matches the one on file, etc.

There are a few "bugs" we're still working out with the expiration date. Folks who chose to pay via PayPal will see a far future expiration date (like...2027) due to how we currently have to map things into BuyMeACoffee. Also, if your PayPal account email differs from your Daz account email, you'll need to explain that when you send in the PayPal donation.

Thank you all for your support and patience as we enter this new chapter together.

unfortunately, PayPal does not allow to add any note to the donation. I have sent you a PM 

edited August 2022

Overdrawn said:

Hi all,

It works! It shows my subscription status now.

Screenshot 2022-08-05 145459.jpg
    670 x 83 - 12K
    Post edited by barbult on

I have a suggestion for an enhancement to the Daz Deals extension. Could you add an option to suppress that annoying popup cart that often doesn't display the correct prices and just requires another click to get rid of it before you can continue? I hate that thing. Does anyone know that it is good for anything?

(Two Gateway Timeout Errors while trying to write this two line message. I wish Daz would do something about that! Help requests on the subject result in no improvement.)

• LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126

barbult said:

I have a suggestion for an enhancement to the Daz Deals extension. Could you add an option to suppress that annoying popup cart that often doesn't display the correct prices and just requires another click to get rid of it before you can continue? I hate that thing. Does anyone know that it is good for anything?

(Two Gateway Timeout Errors while trying to write this two line message. I wish Daz would do something about that! Help requests on the subject result in no improvement.)

I mean, it makes it faster to count if you've gotten five of the required products to get the sale or whatever things in the cart.  So there's that.
    But other than that, I don't think so.   +1 to the request. :) 

Leticia said:

barbult said:

I mean, it makes it faster to count if you've gotten five of the required products to get the sale or whatever things in the cart.  So there's that.
    But other than that, I don't think so.   +1 to the request. :) 

Hey, you found a use for it! yes Good to know. I still want to get rid of it. laugh

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 262

Subscribed via the Paypal link - thanks for that, as when I followed the link I received by email, the payment engine kept telling me the email address was invalid

• I just donated 50$ + the fee to cover the transfer for a pro 1 year subscriptionsmiley, I hope you got it, and see that I have paid, I have the text: You are subscribed until !  but no expiration date, so I'm guessing you are still working on getting the paypal subcription date to show correctly. If it's possible, could you check that the transfer went through correctly and that I'm listed as as a 1 y pro subcription? so I know, until the date is fixed. If the date shows later it would be great so I know in good time when it's time to pay againsmiley, can't stand a single day without daz deals laughheart

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

I'm waiting to get the correct email address untangled from PayPal. :/

• I just subscribed using my BMC email (different from my Daz Dealz email). I can't seem get Daz Deals to recognise the new email - the click here emails links are dead. Not sure how to get my Daz Deal and BMC synched up. Also can't seem to get my Pro status to recognise my old email. Not sure if its teething problems or user error.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

firewarden said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain? 

Jagerkin said:

I can't seem get Daz Deals to recognise the new email - the click here emails links are dead.

I'll send you a private message so we can sync up the two addresses. In the meantime, what click here email links are dead? In the addon? I clicked the signup link, and it worked fine.

• tombraider4ever said:

I just donated 50$ + the fee to cover the transfer for a pro 1 year subscriptionsmiley, I hope you got it, and see that I have paid, I have the text: You are subscribed until !  but no expiration date, so I'm guessing you are still working on getting the paypal subcription date to show correctly. If it's possible, could you check that the transfer went through correctly and that I'm listed as as a 1 y pro subcription? so I know, until the date is fixed. If the date shows later it would be great so I know in good time when it's time to pay againsmiley, can't stand a single day without daz deals laughheart

It still says you are subscribed until w no date, please, could you just confirm, until the date if fixed, that you recieved the 50$ and I'm listed as that I have payed for one years subscription? I need to know that you have me listed as 1 years subcription payed. I realise that you are very busy with getting this to work for everyone and I very much appreciate the work you do for us all!heart .  I just don't think it's too much to ask to just get this confirmed, no date and you could have me listed for just one month paid. Thanks in advance if you can let me know that everything worked as it should! heart 

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

I wanted to add the email address that I use for Daz to my PayPal account. Turns out I opened a PayPal account with that email address and never used it... 22 years ago. Now I have to document that I am who I say I am and verify all this stupid stuff on that account to totally activate it so I can either close it or change the email address for it. Sometimes you gotta wonder what companies are thinking...

Ati said:

firewarden said:

firewarden said:

I wanted to add the email address that I use for Daz to my PayPal account. Turns out I opened a PayPal account with that email address and never used it... 22 years ago. Now I have to document that I am who I say I am and verify all this stupid stuff on that account to totally activate it so I can either close it or change the email address for it. Sometimes you gotta wonder what companies are thinking...

Ati said:

firewarden said:

With PayPal, I think it's either a love or a hate relationship. I don't think there's a middle ground. :) 

tombraider4ever said:

tombraider4ever said:

I just donated 50$ + the fee to cover the transfer for a pro 1 year subscriptionsmiley, I hope you got it, and see that I have paid, I have the text: You are subscribed until !  but no expiration date, so I'm guessing you are still working on getting the paypal subcription date to show correctly. If it's possible, could you check that the transfer went through correctly and that I'm listed as as a 1 y pro subcription? so I know, until the date is fixed. If the date shows later it would be great so I know in good time when it's time to pay againsmiley, can't stand a single day without daz deals laughheart

It still says you are subscribed until w no date, please, could you just confirm, until the date if fixed, that you recieved the 50$ and I'm listed as that I have payed for one years subscription? I need to know that you have me listed as 1 years subcription payed. I realise that you are very busy with getting this to work for everyone and I very much appreciate the work you do for us all!heart .  I just don't think it's too much to ask to just get this confirmed, no date and you could have me listed for just one month paid. Thanks in advance if you can let me know that everything worked as it should! heart 

@Overdrawn will be the one who can answer this—that's why I haven't responded to these messages. 

• Ati said:

tombraider4ever said:

tombraider4ever said:

@Overdrawn will be the one who can answer this—that's why I haven't responded to these messages. 

Thanks for the reply, I hope Overdrawn will see this and have the time to answer this soon, would just be a relief to know that it worked, that u got my 50$ and that u got me listed for payed 1 y. If the date will show the correct one later, it's no date at the moment, it would be even better heart

edited August 2022

I have donated the $50 plus fees and sent a forum PM to @Overdrawn to relate the donation with my DAZ email (differs from PayPal email). I hope this can be taken care of soon, as I really start to miss the deal browser notifications crying

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
  • Daz Deals Enchancement Requests:

i. Would it be possible to superimpose an icon (possibly an eye: webdings N) on the product thumbnails in listings for product with Daz Delas Price Notifications?
       I find notifcations much more useful than wishlisting and a blanket notification threshold

ii. Would it be possible to provide an easier way to manage notifications, similar to Daz's Wishlist pages
       I have a lot of logged notifications

• evacynevacyn Posts: 963

Just signed up for a year - keep up the great work!

I am now alos a new member, but with my PayPal email, not my DAZ email. So no USE for me now crying. I am a bit disappointed.

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I am now alos a new member, but with my PayPal email, not my DAZ email. So no USE for me now crying. I am a bit disappointed.

Handling payments that are made outside of the site is a bit of a nightmare at the moment. If you already have the buymeacoffee subscription set up, then please send me both addresses so I can manually link the two. If you don't have it set up yet, then we'll have to wait until you are manually added as a gift subscription.

Subscribing directly through the buymeacoffee site makes the process completely automated, but using a different site for payments means everything needs to be coordinated manually. Especially if the email addresses are different.

Please bear with us as we iron these out.

My best advice is to use the site directly for the subscriptions, that way the whole process is automated.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

interesting ..you've saved me money by announcing flash sales via email, low pricing, and all that. Now you're saving me money by not sending me the emails. Now I dont see the flash sales or low pricing so have no desire to come here and buy the stuff. Thank you. 

• wwtraviswwtravis Posts: 39

daveso said:

interesting ..you've saved me money by announcing flash sales via email, low pricing, and all that. Now you're saving me money by not sending me the emails. Now I dont see the flash sales or low pricing so have no desire to come here and buy the stuff. Thank you. 

Amen.  Those emails were the most effective advertising for DAZ and the primary motivation for my visits. Just can't see paying for a subscription to advertising though. That should be what DAZ does.

• RiverMissyRiverMissy Posts: 296

wwtravis said:

daveso said:

Amen.  Those emails were the most effective advertising for DAZ and the primary motivation for my visits. Just can't see paying for a subscription to advertising though. That should be what DAZ does.

I agree with you both but I think that ATI should have waited before selling subscriptions.  Daz felt no pain for their actions so we, the customers, are left to pay for something they should be paying for.  I am not subscribing and I am saving a lot of money because I am not buying Daz right now.  The add-on prompted me to look at sales and buy the "good deals" that they showed me.  It appealed to the bargain hunter gene in some of us I am sure.

Daz is spending lots of money advertising on YouTube and other places.  I see many ads per day.  Silly since I am already a customer and that ad money is not doing any good.  The ATI money actually brought them sales.

RiverMissy said:

I think that ATI should have waited before selling subscriptions.

We waited three months. Daz did not change their mind.

We simply don't have the kind of money to be paying for the servers from our own pockets forever. It's either the complete shutdown of most features of the addon, or a subscription to cover at least the upkeep costs.

I completely agree that this is not something you should be paying—but it's also not something that we two (Overdrawn and I) can keep paying (... just to be able to work for free.)

• RiverMissyRiverMissy Posts: 296

Ati said:

RiverMissy said:

We simply don't have the kind of money to be paying for the servers from our own pockets forever. It's either the complete shutdown of most features of the addon, or a subscription to cover at least the upkeep costs.

I completely agree that this is not something you should be paying—but it's also not something that we two (Overdrawn and I) can keep paying (... just to be able to work for free.)

My response was meant to say Daz is doing the wrong thing.  I have appreciated everything you 2 have done and am hoping that Daz still sees a change and realizes that they did the wrong thing.  I hope it is spelled out here in a way that they will get it.  They are spending their ad money in the wrong places was the point.  Thank you for everything and I understand that you need income for this and your expenses.  I am poking at Daz to see that you have been an asset to them and they should re-think their decision.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

RiverMissy said:

Ati said:

RiverMissy said:

My response was meant to say Daz is doing the wrong thing.  I have appreciated everything you 2 have done and am hoping that Daz still sees a change and realizes that they did the wrong thing.  I hope it is spelled out here in a way that they will get it.  They are spending their ad money in the wrong places was the point.  Thank you for everything and I understand that you need income for this and your expenses.  I am poking at Daz to see that you have been an asset to them and they should re-think their decision.

Unfortunately, I don't think the powers that be even read the forums.  Just the moderators.

Dana