Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Honestly I rather hope Daz revenue takes a hit the day the emails stop, so they can see the error of their ways and restart the affiliation again. So I will wait and see what happens. I have been cutting back my Daz spending anyway. While I hope you guys are taken care of, signing up for the Pro only gives Daz more reason to stop such affiliations and continue on the same path. It has to be proven to them that their bad decisions have consequences, or they will just keep making them. That is why I will not take the Pro. I hope you understand.

I very much appreciate your efforts and wish it did not have to come to this. The Daz Deals Addon has been the best thing about the store since I discovered it, you provide the information that empowers the consumers to make the best decisions for themselves. If the addon ever went away completely I would just stop coming to the store as often. I am not in the mood to hunt for the best deals in this place.

• I'm not sure when your Pro emails will start/stop, but I can't afford to buy till Friday the 5th...will it still be available then?
    Thanks!

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482
    edited July 2022

Sorry if I missed this somewhere but I assumed from the notification that all access to DAZ Deals (emails, browser add-on, etc.) is ending unless we subscribe. Can we clarify that please?

Post edited by marble on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,873
    edited July 2022

marble said:

Sorry if I missed this somewhere but I assumed from the notification that all access to DAZ Deals (emails, browser add-on, etc.) is ending unless we subscribe. Can we clarify that please?

Ati explained the plans here.

Post edited by barbult on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,690

The browser add-on is my lifeline in the DAZ sales jungle, I can't believe they're doing this to you guys. Don't know what I'm gonna do myself without the 'filter for wishlist items' feature, probably empty the wishlist. And shop a lot less, accordingly. It's a shame really. I do hope DAZ will think twice and repeal this stupid, stupid decision!

• NerevarineNerevarine Posts: 168

I personally can't afford to subscribe right now, but the add-on (with e-mails) are the only reason I still shop at Daz, same as many of the above. I hope soon I'll have the disposable cash for you guys, the add-on is absolutely incredible and a must-have!

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

barbult said:

marble said:

Ati explained the plans here.

Thanks, I did miss that previously. I suppose that all the decisions are yet to be made but the emails were the triggers for my purchasing sprees and the Browser add-on just adds what DAZ should have had there in the first place. DAZ come out of this looking pretty shabby.

• jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 482

tsroemi said:

The browser add-on is my lifeline in the DAZ sales jungle, I can't believe they're doing this to you guys. Don't know what I'm gonna do myself without the 'filter for wishlist items' feature, probably empty the wishlist. And shop a lot less, accordingly. It's a shame really. I do hope DAZ will think twice and repeal this stupid, stupid decision!

I know.  That wishlist thing should have been a standard store filter a long time ago.  Otherwise, what's the point of having wishlists when you make it hard to spot your WL items in the sales?

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,950

This is a horrible thing Daz did, I wouldn't have spent nearly as much without your add-on and will spend far, far less having to actually scroll through looking for wishlisted items during sales. I have so many subscriptions, I can't afford to add another one on, but I appreciate everything you have done. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,873
    I'm surprised that people are saying they can't afford $5 per month, and yet they still intend to buy 3D content from this store. Without the addon, I'd probably overpay for content by more than $5 per month.
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

I have to think that y'all are probably the most successful affiliate as far as funneling sales their way, and it's incredibly short-sighted of them to cut you off. Did Daz totally change management or something? All the help desk people are different, their policies have changed, etc.

Please make this available with PayPal. I don't mind covering the extra fee if it's over the usual credit card fee. I just really try to only get things where I can use PayPal, rather than have my credit card entered into a zillion sites. I've gotten my info stolen enough times as it is.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,147

Would someone please link the site for payment? Thanks. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

Worlds_Edge said:

Would someone please link the site for payment? Thanks. 

The link is on the addon's options page (the purple box under the "What's new" section). And at the top of recent email notifications.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580

I have to think that y'all are probably the most successful affiliate as far as funneling sales their way, and it's incredibly short-sighted of them to cut you off. Did Daz totally change management or something? All the help desk people are different, their policies have changed, etc.

Please make this available with PayPal. I don't mind covering the extra fee if it's over the usual credit card fee. I just really try to only get things where I can use PayPal, rather than have my credit card entered into a zillion sites. I've gotten my info stolen enough times as it is.

No worries! You can send PayPal to [email protected] and we'll track you membership based on that. Thanks!!
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

Thank you! Sorry if you said that earlier and I missed it.

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 692
    edited August 2022

Overdrawn said:

firewarden said:

No worries! You can send PayPal to [email protected] and we'll track you membership based on that. Thanks!!

When I go to paypal, choose transfer money and type what u wrote, I get @BigBlueHat , is that you? how do you know it's from me? can I write a message when doing the transfer?  To clarify I typed in @dazdeals.com and I get a box w that name and above it BigBlueHat, when I click on it it says just @bigbluehat. I did this many times with the same weird recult. Now, just now, I managed to get, at the transfer window only: [email protected] . Can u explain this? are you both BigBlueHat and dazdeals or is someone trying to hack this transfer? This does not feel safe, can't  u use use ko-fi.com/ they have paypal as option to donate. Please answer if you are both bigbluehat and dazdeals, which do I finalize the transfer with? And how can u track my payment so I get the benefits? 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • For some reason I could not get out of the qoute window above, hope you can follow my message above anyway. 

• Just tried this again, and now I only get the BigBlueHat again, it pops up a window after I type in dazdeals, what u wrote, and it says the correct thing but above it it says BigBlueHat. I think it might be your username and click and in the transfer window it says ONLY @bigbluehat, not Dazdeals, wtf is this? if I am going to donate I want it to say clearly dazdeals. Please reply if u are both those names, the bigbl.... and dazdeals. Thanks in advance. Seriously confused here.

Just tried this again, and now I only get the BigBlueHat again, it pops up a window after I type in dazdeals, what u wrote, and it says the correct thing but above it it says BigBlueHat. I think it might be your username and click and in the transfer window it says ONLY @bigbluehat, not Dazdeals, wtf is this? if I am going to donate I want it to say clearly dazdeals. Please reply if u are both those names, the bigbl.... and dazdeals. Thanks in advance. Seriously confused here.

Sorry for the confusion! If you check the addon stores you'll find that BigBlueHat is the developer publishing the extensions...aka me. :) I'll setup a dedicated PayPal donate page soon to make things more clear.
  • tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 692
    edited August 2022

Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

Just tried this again, and now I only get the BigBlueHat again, it pops up a window after I type in dazdeals, what u wrote, and it says the correct thing but above it it says BigBlueHat. I think it might be your username and click and in the transfer window it says ONLY @bigbluehat, not Dazdeals, wtf is this? if I am going to donate I want it to say clearly dazdeals. Please reply if u are both those names, the bigbl.... and dazdeals. Thanks in advance. Seriously confused here.

Sorry for the confusion! If you check the addon stores you'll find that BigBlueHat is the developer publishing the extensions...aka me. :) I'll setup a dedicated PayPal donate page soon to make things more clear.

Can't get out of the qoute winow again, sorry, hope you see this reply anyway, I click enter again again again and nope, still in the window. Annoying bugg.

Thank you so much for the reply, and for setting up a special donate page so it will be more clear that it goes to the right place. When u say blue hat is u I belive you of course heart, it's just paypal is messing w my head w the transferring window sometimes showing only bluehat and sometimes only dazdeals. So I'll wait 4 the donate page, and if it's possible: could you set it up so we can write our email adress, if it doesn't show autmatically I mean, so we know 4 sure u know we have donated so we can get your amazing shopping helper heart. Thank you so much again 4 making it possible 4 me to donate so you can keep giving us this shoppinghelper, I can't go back to shop "normally" after this, scroll endlessly to spot those tiny yellow hearts, I need all the time I have to make my art and manage my fanart pages. So I'll rather make Daz art than spend hours shopping here. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

tombraider4ever said:

Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

Can't get out of the qoute winow again, sorry, hope you see this reply anyway, I click enter again again again and nope, still in the window. Annoying bugg.

Thank you so much for the reply, and for setting up a special donate page so it will be more clear that it goes to the right place. When u say blue hat is u I belive you of course heart, it's just paypal is messing w my head w the transferring window sometimes showing only bluehat and sometimes only dazdeals. So I'll wait 4 the donate page, and if it's possible: could you set it up so we can write our email adress, if it doesn't show autmatically I mean, so we know 4 sure u know we have donated so we can get your amazing shopping helper heart. Thank you so much again 4 making it possible 4 me to donate so you can keep giving us this shoppinghelper, I can't go back to shop "normally" after this, scroll endlessly to spot those tiny yellow hearts, I need all the time I have to make my art and manage my fanart pages. So I'll rather make Daz art than spend hours shopping here. 

Totally understand that surprises aren't always fun--especially on the InterWebs...

Here's a dedicated donation link for PayPal preferring folks: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=N75A9F8QGJHTS

Hopefully that allays any concerns about validity. :)

Thanks for your support!

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited August 2022

Just want to make sure my e-mail & subsription in recognized in FF if purchased from an ipad.  I got an e-mail confirmation when supported.

The following will go away at some point?

The e-mail I'm seeing is the same.

Thanks for reading.  Just want to make sure of a smooth easy transition.  Let know if anything else required on my part.

Enjoy week!

---

edited for brevity

Post edited by Tynkere on
  • tombraider4ever said:

Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

If you click in the text box and then hover the mouse over the bottom of the quote you should see a red dotted line with a return symbol near the right-hand end - click the symbol to break out of the quote (or any other formatted block, such as a bullet list).

• LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126

I avoided using DazDeals for the longest time.  I was concerned about security and didn't see what it could add.

I can't even recall why I finally gave in, now.  Probably trying to find Wishlist items in a massive sale.

The extra filtering options and the forum links to figure out what other people think about a product I'm on the fence about are indispensible.  And 50 a year isn't that much.  I hope you get plenty of support, because I don't think I could use the store without DazDeals.

• psfilipepsfilipe Posts: 164

Your work is tremendously appreciated.

I think Daz is doing a gigantic mistake by dropping your affiliation.
    I don't shop as much as I used to. But when I do I rely in the ATI emails to make better choices.

Also, I'll probably subscribe soon (do you have PayPal?) as I can't imagine navigating Daz3D.com whithout your service.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

Tynkere said:

The following will go away at some point?

The addon will soon display your subscription status and renewal date.

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Ati said

The addon will soon display your subscription status and renewal date.

Thanks for quick reply.  Renewal date will also be helpful.  

• Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

Totally understand that surprises aren't always fun--especially on the InterWebs...

Here's a dedicated donation link for PayPal preferring folks: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=N75A9F8QGJHTS

Thanks for your support!

Managed to get out of the qoute box, thanks for the info on that! heart 

Thank you so much for setting up that page, I really appreaciate it! heart Two questions though: 1.  50$ is for a years subscription, right? the paypaly alternative doesn't say subsription, but it counts as one just the same as the other credit card alternative, right? 2. How do you find out that I donated, do you see the email adress it's from somehow? and will it say somewhere on the daz deals page that I, after paying 50$ have a years subscription payed? and the date, so I know when it's time to renew, don't want to be without your excellent shopping helper even 4 a day. Thanks for your patience w my insecurty about payment through paypal and in advance for answering these, hopefully laugh, last questions heart.  Thank you so much for your excellent work on making the Daz shopping experience so much better! heart

Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

Thanks for your support!

Thank you so much for setting up that page, I really appreaciate it! heart Two questions though: 1.  50$ is for a years subscription, right? the paypaly alternative doesn't say subsription, but it counts as one just the same as the other credit card alternative, right? 2. How do you find out that I donated, do you see the email adress it's from somehow? and will it say somewhere on the daz deals page that I, after paying 50$ have a years subscription payed? and the date, so I know when it's time to renew, don't want to be without your excellent shopping helper even 4 a day. Thanks for your patience w my insecurty about payment through paypal and in advance for answering these, hopefully laugh, last questions heart.  Thank you so much for your excellent work on making the Daz shopping experience so much better! heart

Yes. We'll make sure to map what's done in PayPal into the subscription data. Our goal with all of this is to make sure we can all keep using the extension in the future, so you're not alone. :)
  • Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

Thanks for your support!

Yes. We'll make sure to map what's done in PayPal into the subscription data. Our goal with all of this is to make sure we can all keep using the extension in the future, so you're not alone. :)

Sounds Great, Thanks for the reply and Thanks again 4 setting up that paypal pageheart, I will donate 50$ for a ys subscription as soon as I can  smiley