Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,118

For some reason the join is claiming my gmail email is invalid. What is it cross-referencing against?

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

namffuak said:

For some reason the join is claiming my gmail email is invalid. What is it cross-referencing against?

Where is this? Can you post a screenshot? (With your email address blurred out.) 

Ati said:

namffuak said:

Where is this? Can you post a screenshot? (With your email address blurred out.) 

I click on the link to become a member; then the "Join" button. I get the pop-up, plug in my email address, my twitter, a comment and hit 'Join' at the bottom of the pop-up expecting to get prompted for a password and/or a payment method. Instead I get told to enter a valid email address.

Image5.jpg
    549 x 855 - 65K
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,328

namffuak said:

Ati said:

namffuak said:

I click on the link to become a member; then the "Join" button. I get the pop-up, plug in my email address, my twitter, a comment and hit 'Join' at the bottom of the pop-up expecting to get prompted for a password and/or a payment method. Instead I get told to enter a valid email address.

I've just tried it (Firefox), it took me to the payment page. I didn't enter a comment though, just email address and name.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580
    namffuak said:

Ati said:

namffuak said:

My guess would be some privacy related browser extension disrupting the payment flow at buymeacoffe.com. Sadly, that whole process is not something control nor can fix...so other than trying other browsers or running without Ghostery, DuckDuckGo, and Ad Block (or any similar extensions) I'm not sure what else to suggest. Though we do greatly appreciate the support!

Just to make sure: you don't have a space in the entered email address, do you? The only time I could get the page to tell me it's invalid was when I entered some special character that should not be part of an email address.

Chrome has the new version of the addon in their store, finally. We're still waiting for the Edge store to push out the new version. (Mozilla (Firefox) was the fastest. The new version has been out there for a couple of days now.)

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,510

Can I ask - does the Chrome version work on Chrome for Android as well as desktops?

Regards,

Richard

Can I ask - does the Chrome version work on Chrome for Android as well as desktops?

Regards,

Richard

Sadly not... However, Kiwi Browser (which is Chromium based) does support extensions and the Daz Deals extension worked very well there. It's actually how I primarily use the extension. ^_^ https://kiwibrowser.com/
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,510

Thank you. I shall investigate it.

Many thanks,

Richard.

edited July 2022

Any reason\idea why I get notifications about items being on sale in my wishlist, when the wishlist is empty? I did add it to my wishlist, but removed it later.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

Any reason\idea why I get notifications about items being on sale in my wishlist, when the wishlist is empty? I did add it to my wishlist, but removed it later.

It likely means the wishlist hasn't synced with the server since then. @Ati can help you debug that from the server-side hopefully. But first try visiting your wishlist and clicking "sync wishlist."

Overdrawn said:

DoctorJellybean said:

It likely means the wishlist hasn't synced with the server since then. @Ati can help you debug that from the server-side hopefully. But first try visiting your wishlist and clicking "sync wishlist."

I did sync it when I received the 1st notification, but have just performed another sync. Let's see if that did the trick.

Thank you.

As strange as this may sound, it's not a good idea to have a completely empty wishlist. The whole notification system started with wishlist notifications, so everything depends on data from there. With that said, there are (or at least used to be) at least two people I know of with empty wishlists, but that is definitely going to cause some unpredictability.

Ok, I'll add something then. Thanks.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,873

I have version 3.1 in Firefox now and I can see the price graph without having to refresh the page. That is a big improvement.

I'm glad to hear that!

3.1, in general, is a lot faster in my experience. And it might even solve the issue of having to mess with the incognito mode setting...? I'm a bit afraid to say this. :D Anyone who was having this issue: did the new 3.1 version solve this?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,641
    edited July 2022

Ati said:

I'm glad to hear that!

3.1, in general, is a lot faster in my experience. And it might even solve the issue of having to mess with the incognito mode setting...? I'm a bit afraid to say this. :D Anyone who was having this issue: did the new 3.1 version solve this?

Yes. It did solve it for me. I no longer have to toggle the incognito mode. 

ETA: When will email support end without Pro membership?  I plan to purchase a pro membership when I get my social security payment. You all definitely desrve it.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Ati said:

Just to make sure: you don't have a space in the entered email address, do you? The only time I could get the page to tell me it's invalid was when I entered some special character that should not be part of an email address.

I got it sorted; I shouldn't do this sort of thing when sleep-deprived.

Elliandra said:

Looks like something updated for me and the "Gallery" view on the product listing in my account is now gone. I already tried the turn comments off/on but that didn't work for me (Chrome) it is still working for me FFox though

Is it working better in Chrome now? Hoping it was just some weirdness between versions. Also, the feature request for other thumbnail sizes is a good one. It mostly just fills the available space with the default thumbnail size...but we can explore that option in the future.
  • EnoughButterEnoughButter Posts: 103

EnoughButter said:

I believe the latest Chrome update on ARM64 (Mac) 103.0.5060.134 seems to have broken the extension for me.

However, Chrome 64bit (Win) 103.0.5060.134 still works fine.

Update: With the latest 3.01 update, the extension is working for me in Chrome ARM64(Mac), 64Intel(Mac), and 64bt (Win)-looks great!

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 619

I have the 3.1 update in Chrome now as well. After restarting Chrome, I'm happy to say that I didn't have to flick the incognito switch to make it work. It does seem quite speedy as well. Thanks you both for continuing to improve this super useful extension for our community.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,210

Seems to work in Chrome here (Win 11) yes

• NathNath Posts: 2,770

Still not updated in Edge.

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 519
    edited July 2022

Overdrawn said:

Elliandra said:

Looks like something updated for me and the "Gallery" view on the product listing in my account is now gone. I already tried the turn comments off/on but that didn't work for me (Chrome) it is still working for me FFox though

Is it working better in Chrome now? Hoping it was just some weirdness between versions. Also, the feature request for other thumbnail sizes is a good one. It mostly just fills the available space with the default thumbnail size...but we can explore that option in the future.

Yep the product listing gallery view is showing back up now! Also thanks for answering about the possible enlargement of said thumbnails!!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,641

I signed up for a years membership. I figured DAZ Deals has already saved me more than the membership cost. Thanks for all your hard work.

Will we receive a reminder when it is time to renew?

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390

Charlie Judge said:

I signed up for a years membership. I figured DAZ Deals has already saved me more than the membership cost. Thanks for all your hard work.

Same here 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,873
    edited July 2022

Charlie Judge said:

I also signed up for annual membership. I saw that it said "Your membership will be renewed on 23rd July 2023. Log in to your account to view or edit your subscription."

But what account? I guess I have a buymeacoffee account now.

Post edited by barbult on

Nath said:

The Edge store has finally pushed out the new version. Now all three stores have the updated addons. Hooray! 

• NathNath Posts: 2,770

Ati said:

Nath said:

The Edge store has finally pushed out the new version. Now all three stores have the updated addons. Hooray! 

Hooray indeed!