Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 293

My Daz-deals had no issues when it was removed from Chrome store. I just turned it off/on and was working just fine. Now my PC restarted (stupid windows updates) and DazDelas doesn't work. I uninstall/reinstall it from chrome, tried incognito, turned the extension off/on and nothing seems to work... :( Any other tricks I missed?

Cheers

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116

DazDeals is working somewhat but not to show just owned and sort by percent.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited July 2022

It is still only partly working for me. Will not show items owned nor can I sort by Wishlist only. Tried all the usual fixes but no joy. Running latest version of Chrome on Windows 11 if that helps but it had started doing the same on my old Windows 7 rig before that one up and died back in January.

Edit to add: And it doesn't work right on my laptop either with newest Chrome browser and Windows 10

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116

I just tried Brave the web browser not the movie.  It seems to be working there.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,874
    edited July 2022

Something is strange with the "BEST PRICE IN 1 YEAR!" calculation in the "DAZ Wishlist Items on sale" email. Sweet Street was shown at $8.49, but the price history shows that recent best was $6.89 in October 2021, less than a year ago.
    Not best price in 1 year

Not best price in one year.jpg
    1838 x 400 - 200K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,123

barbult said:

Something is strange with the "BEST PRICE IN 1 YEAR!" calculation in the "DAZ Wishlist Items on sale" email. Sweet Street was shown at $8.49, but the price history shows that recent best was $6.89 in October 2021, less than a year ago.
    Not best price in 1 year

$6.89 was for Daz+ members. Our system knows you're not a Daz+ member, and for non-members, the $8.49 was indeed the best price in a year. 

edited July 2022

Ati said:

barbult said:

Not best price in 1 year

$6.89 was for Daz+ members. Our system knows you're not a Daz+ member, and for non-members, the $8.49 was indeed the best price in a year. 

Thanks for your quick reply. Why does the price graph only show the Daz+ prices on this product? If non-Daz+ prices are different, shouldn't I see a separate blue line, since I am not Daz+? Wait, Sweet Street isn't even a Daz Original, so why is there a Daz+ price?

Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

Ati said:

barbult said:

Not best price in 1 year

Thanks for your quick reply. Why does the price graph only show the Daz+ prices on this product? If non-Daz+ prices are different, shouldn't I see a separate blue line, since I am not Daz+? Wait, Sweet Street isn't even a Daz Original, so why is there a Daz+ price?

Good question. I haven't checked every single price change, but at a glance, it looks like it was only different on that single day. October 22nd, that's around the annual Daz+ sale. Maybe it was some kind of deal for Daz+ members on that day.

Ati said:

Good question. I haven't checked every single price change, but at a glance, it looks like it was only different on that single day. October 22nd, that's around the annual Daz+ sale. Maybe it was some kind of deal for Daz+ members on that day.

OK, its the Daz store. Strange and unexplainable pricing things happen every day. cheeky We won't dwell on it. I understand now that the "Best Price" is true for my situation. You have been helpful, as always!

• I have a curiosity (since I don't think it's fixable, but sometimes it's nice to know why it's not fixable.). I have Vivaldi, Win10Pro, am a Daz+ member. With that out of the way.

Randomly, some pages won't have anything but, "hide own" and  "something that I have now forgot", rather than the normalo 5 or so options for hiding/sorting/etc. Usually, it's something where there is a group of something for a sale (like show all "friends of the sale" vendors). But, sometimes it's other pages. And oddly, sometimes a page will have things and then I refresh and then it doesn't. Sometimes it will do the reverse...but not usually.

So, like I said, not something I think you can fix. Just wondering why it might do that?

Tiffanie Gray - IDLM said:

I have a curiosity (since I don't think it's fixable, but sometimes it's nice to know why it's not fixable.). I have Vivaldi, Win10Pro, am a Daz+ member. With that out of the way.

Randomly, some pages won't have anything but, "hide own" and  "something that I have now forgot", rather than the normalo 5 or so options for hiding/sorting/etc. Usually, it's something where there is a group of something for a sale (like show all "friends of the sale" vendors). But, sometimes it's other pages. And oddly, sometimes a page will have things and then I refresh and then it doesn't. Sometimes it will do the reverse...but not usually.

So, like I said, not something I think you can fix. Just wondering why it might do that?

Try disabling the "Hide items" option (or enabling all software types under that setting).

(This would consistently hide certain items, so I'm not entirely sure your issue is related to this.)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,314

Here's the reason - a Flash Sale that day that gave PC+ Members 70% off Ansiko (and several other PA) products.

DAZ-Offers-2021-10-22-PC-Ann-Day24-Offers-3.jpg
    658 x 325 - 50K
  • Ati said:

Tiffanie Gray - IDLM said:

I have a curiosity (since I don't think it's fixable, but sometimes it's nice to know why it's not fixable.). I have Vivaldi, Win10Pro, am a Daz+ member. With that out of the way.

Try disabling the "Hide items" option (or enabling all software types under that setting).

(This would consistently hide certain items, so I'm not entirely sure your issue is related to this.)

I'm not thinking that is it. Just had an example from today's sale page.
    When clicking on the link for "Build your Contemporary Bundle" I get these with the Hide Items, ticked or not.;

The third screen shot is the "Flashing light Deals" when the button is selected to view those. And its working fine.

Sorry, I don't know how to get the images to show inline.

Don't know if these help you, at all.

Build Bundle1.jpg
    842 x 697 - 180K
    Build Bundle2.jpg
    820 x 691 - 183K
    Diff Page.jpg
    1034 x 719 - 269K

MelanieL said:

Here's the reason - a Flash Sale that day that gave PC+ Members 70% off Ansiko (and several other PA) products.

Wow, you are amazing!

Nah, just anally retentive!

I have an almost-complete set of screenshots going back to 2015 and a few odd ones before that. The occasional day is missing (when I couldn't get online for one reason or another) and quite a lot of flash sales that I missed (particularly because I'm in the UK - but I think that topic has been extensively covered elsewhere!)

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,328

MelanieL said:

I have an almost-complete set of screenshots going back to 2015 and a few odd ones before that. The occasional day is missing (when I couldn't get online for one reason or another) and quite a lot of flash sales that I missed (particularly because I'm in the UK - but I think that topic has been extensively covered elsewhere!)

Just how many screenshots do you have surprise

edited July 2022

DoctorJellybean said:

MelanieL said:

Just how many screenshots do you have surprise

Anout 16,000 (and counting)! Over 2GB anyway. 

ETA: They are mostly of the sales pages for that day - so they show all the new releases except PC+, the gist of all each days' offers and as many flash sale pics from the store banner as I spotted.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

It would be nice if the add-in highlighted, or allowed us to hide Editorial License items, in case Daz fails to do so.

Sevrin said:

It would be nice if the add-in highlighted, or allowed us to hide Editorial License items, in case Daz fails to do so.

This is all new to me. When did this licence type even appear? (Why don't we know about the EULA change?) Where is it shown? 

Ati said:

Sevrin said:

This is all new to me. When did this licence type even appear? (Why don't we know about the EULA change?) Where is it shown? 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/578896/eula-update-editorial-licenses-coming-to-daz

barbult said:

Ati said:

Sevrin said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/578896/eula-update-editorial-licenses-coming-to-daz

Ah, I see. Okay, this will definitely have to be extremely visible. There are no such items in the store yet, are there? We'll first have to see how Daz handles them.

• Ati said:

barbult said:

Ati said:

Sevrin said:

Ah, I see. Okay, this will definitely have to be extremely visible. There are no such items in the store yet, are there? We'll first have to see how Daz handles them.

No items yet, no - this is something that is going to be possible in future rather than being available now.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580

The Daz Deals v3.1.0 extension has just hit the Chrome and Firefox add-on stores and should be automagically updating for you!

This version is primarily focused on code structure and optimization. Many of you have reported the need to remove and reinstall the extension in Chrome and Edge. My hope is that restructuring the extension into a simpler, single content script area will avoid the issue where Chromium browsers (weirdly) reordered how content scripts were handled. That issue was always unique to Chromium-based browsers, but this change should be an improvement in terms of speed as well.

Lastly, per @Ati's announcement post back in May, Daz has cancelled our referral income. Consequently, this update includes a notification about the new "Daz Deals Pro" membership options available via BuyMeACoffee.com. It's a change we've avoided for years, but with the loss of referral income and the ever increasing costs of hosting and email notification sending...we can't avoid it any longer.

Consequently, we'll be sharing more details about the transition to the paid membership program. If you'd love to support our work and the extensions future early, we'd love the support!

Please let us know how the v3.1.0 release improves your experience, and we'll be in touch soon about the upcoming v4 release!

Cheers!
    Overdrawn

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 519
    edited July 2022

Thanks for the link!

I have a feature request for the add-on if possible? The new gallery view for the product library is there any way to get the images larger, possibly up to the full thumbnail sizes so they are easier to see? Getting old sucks. wink

Post edited by Elliandra on

Firefox says Daz Deals was updated today, but it is only 3.0.5, mot 3.1.0.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,641

It doesn't seem to have updated yet in chrome. I'm still on version 3.0.5

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 519
    edited July 2022

Looks like something updated for me and the "Gallery" view on the product listing in my account is now gone. I already tried the turn comments off/on but that didn't work for me (Chrome) it is still working for me FFox though

Post edited by Elliandra on

The Chrome store doesn't seem to have the new version out yet. We'll have to wait a little for it to appear. Mozilla has the new version live already.

I'm an annual member now! Thanks for your continuing efforts to make Daz shopping a better experience.

• EnoughButterEnoughButter Posts: 103

I believe the latest Chrome update on ARM64 (Mac) 103.0.5060.134 seems to have broken the extension for me.

However, Chrome 64bit (Win) 103.0.5060.134 still works fine.