Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

dawnblade said:

Thanks again for all your hard work on this plugin. I signed up to be notified of wishlist pricing, and it works, but I'm getting notified about products that I already purchased. Will syncing my wishlist fix that? Thanks! I'm using Chrome on a Windows 10 PC.

Yes, syncing your wishlist updates the products that you wish to be notified of. You can either do it manually, or allow automatic updates. There's a checkbox for it on the options page.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Ati said:

dawnblade said:

Thanks again for all your hard work on this plugin. I signed up to be notified of wishlist pricing, and it works, but I'm getting notified about products that I already purchased. Will syncing my wishlist fix that? Thanks! I'm using Chrome on a Windows 10 PC.

Yes, syncing your wishlist updates the products that you wish to be notified of. You can either do it manually, or allow automatic updates. There's a checkbox for it on the options page.

Strange, because I have automatic updates selected. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again. Thanks @ATI.

dawnblade said:

Ati said:

dawnblade said:

Strange, because I have automatic updates selected. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again. Thanks @ATI.

Check the date under the checkbox to see when it was last automatically updated. 

Ati said:

dawnblade said:

Ati said:

dawnblade said:

Check the date under the checkbox to see when it was last automatically updated. 

The date is recent.

Last autoupdate:
    Thu May 19 2022 11:24:14 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time) 

Feature request: Would it be possible to add the product photo to each lineitem in an order?

dawnblade said:

Feature request: Would it be possible to add the product photo to each lineitem in an order?

Where do you mean? They are shown on every page in the cart. 

After the purchase, in Orders:

Orders.jpg
    158 x 333 - 15K
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,641

Not sure if you are already aware of this or not; but I can't see DAZ's 'Add Interactive License' button on the product page when DAZ Deals is active.

No interactive button.jpg
    1490 x 912 - 224K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,874

Charlie Judge said:

Not sure if you are already aware of this or not; but I can't see DAZ's 'Add Interactive License' button on the product page when DAZ Deals is active.

Do you have this option checked?

Screenshot 2022-05-24 162309.jpg
    516 x 432 - 47K
    edited May 2022

Thanks. I didn't realize it was checked in my copy (maybe by default). I found it, unchecked it, and it is working now.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

I'm not sure why but I haven't gotten any notification emails in the last couple of days.

Charlie Judge said:

I'm not sure why but I haven't gotten any notification emails in the last couple of days.

One address I suspect could be you is suppressed because it's under the "Spam reports" category. You may have accidentally reported one or more of the notifications as spam, and our email system blocked further delivery there. Could you confirm in a private message what address you use, so I can see if it is indeed you?

PM sent.

• The sales I get emailed now are not on sale. I see it's for PC sales. I guess that is PC+ members? I'm not a member so how do I turn that off?

thebest_ea48bde06a said:

The sales I get emailed now are not on sale. I see it's for PC sales. I guess that is PC+ members? I'm not a member so how do I turn that off?

Which notifications do you mean? The general new sales notifications? There's a Daz+ semi-annual sale going on now that's being advertised for everyone. The new sales notifications include every sale that appears on the https://www.daz3d.com/shop/ page.

• Ati said:

thebest_ea48bde06a said:

The sales I get emailed now are not on sale. I see it's for PC sales. I guess that is PC+ members? I'm not a member so how do I turn that off?

Which notifications do you mean? The general new sales notifications? There's a Daz+ semi-annual sale going on now that's being advertised for everyone. The new sales notifications include every sale that appears on the https://www.daz3d.com/shop/ page.

"Top21 most discounted DAZ items" for example I just recieved.

thebest_ea48bde06a said:

Ati said:

thebest_ea48bde06a said:

"Top21 most discounted DAZ items" for example I just recieved.

Could you please send me your email address in a private message (or by replying to one of the emails)?

Feature request: Would it be possible to sign up for emails when a wishlist item is in a "Build your own Bundle"?

dawnblade said:

Feature request: Would it be possible to sign up for emails when a wishlist item is in a "Build your own Bundle"?

Not really. There is no way to tell what sale is a build your own bundle sale.

When such a sale starts, you get the new sale notification. The best solution is to go to the page of the sale, and filter to your wishlisted items.

Ati said:

dawnblade said:

Not really. There is no way to tell what sale is a build your own bundle sale.

When such a sale starts, you get the new sale notification. The best solution is to go to the page of the sale, and filter to your wishlisted items.

Got it, thanks! 

• eltreumeltreum Posts: 1

Hi,

I have been struggling to make the email notification works. Every single time I input my email and passcode to the setting, it shows the message "There was a problem with the wishlist update. Check your email and passcode settings." I tried with two gmail address but the result remains the same.

At one point I thought I might have put the wrong code, then clicked the "Forgot your passcode?" and input exactly the same e-mail address, then the mail I got says "You asked me to send you your passcode that is used for the Daz email notifications. However, I could not find your email address in my database."

Any solution? 

eltreum said:

Hi,

I have been struggling to make the email notification works. Every single time I input my email and passcode to the setting, it shows the message "There was a problem with the wishlist update. Check your email and passcode settings." I tried with two gmail address but the result remains the same.

At one point I thought I might have put the wrong code, then clicked the "Forgot your passcode?" and input exactly the same e-mail address, then the mail I got says "You asked me to send you your passcode that is used for the Daz email notifications. However, I could not find your email address in my database."

Any solution? 

Did you sign up for the email notifications? Remember, this is completely separate from your Daz login. Do NOT use your Daz login here. You need to sign up for the notifications, receive a passcode, and use that address+code combination. Use the "Need a passcode? Signup!" link in your options page to sign up, then confirm your email address.

• fullerdbfullerdb Posts: 45

Is something broken? I cannot see the price history on product pages. Recent best is shown in the cart, though.

It was working normally yesterday and I don't believe I have changed anything on my end, but what else could I check besides the Price history checkbox in the settings?

fullerdb said:

Is something broken? I cannot see the price history on product pages. Recent best is shown in the cart, though.

It was working normally yesterday and I don't believe I have changed anything on my end, but what else could I check besides the Price history checkbox in the settings?

Everything seems to be working fine on this end. Do you see anything in place of the price history? Are other features, such as links to forum posts and gallery images working on the product pages? Wishlist checkboxes on category pages?

Links to forum posts and gallery images are not showing (I usually keep these off, but turned them on to test).

I cannot find the extra wishlist buttons either.

I have disabled ad blocker extension in case it was that. No change.

I would have thought the whole extension was off, but for the lowest price showing in the cart.

Hum... I enabled the extension in incognito mode and the price history shows up there. What could I have in the normal mode that would interfere with Daz-Deals? I will keep trying.

• NathNath Posts: 2,770

Which browser? For me, it currently works perfectly in Firefox, but not in Edge.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,210

fullerdb said:

Links to forum posts and gallery images are not showing (I usually keep these off, but turned them on to test).

I cannot find the extra wishlist buttons either.

I have disabled ad blocker extension in case it was that. No change.

I would have thought the whole extension was off, but for the lowest price showing in the cart.

Hum... I enabled the extension in incognito mode and the price history shows up there. What could I have in the normal mode that would interfere with Daz-Deals? I will keep trying.

There's a known issue, at least in Chrome, where some people have to toggle incognito mode every time they open the browser. 

Egad! I disabled this extension and things went back to normal!

And now I turned it back on and Daz-Deals is still working perfectly!! Which, it seems, it always has been.

Anyway... thanks for looking into it and for the suggestions.

Chrome

Which browser? For me, it currently works perfectly in Firefox, but not in Edge.

• NathNath Posts: 2,770

fullerdb said:

Chrome

And Edge is Chrome-based these days, so yeah...